ORAS Special Demo Version Discussion

What Are You Most Excited About The Demo?

• The Mega Pokemon!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • The items!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The unique scenarios!

• The gameplay!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Though not confirmed for all countries yet, the Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version looked to be coming out on or around the 15th. I figured it wouldn't hurt to create a thread to discuss the Special Demo Version, a place to speculate a bit about it before it comes out and about it when it does. I'll also try to keep this first post as informative as I can.

Official info on ORAS Special Demo Version can be found HERE.
Serebii's page on ORAS Special Demo Version can be found HERE.

Basic Info: (assumption from initial screenshots and info given)
1. Takes place in Mossdeep City.

2. You're given the Starter's 1st Stage evolutions to play the demo with (whether you receive one or all of them isn't known). At some point they'll either be able to evolve to or you'll be given their final stage.

3. One point in the demo you'll battle Team Aqua Admin Matt and Team Magma Admin Tabitha in a Double Battle (possibly hinting you'll be given more than 1 Pokemon?).

4. Special Demo Version has unique scenarios that will not be in ORAS. If you play everyday special scenarios are said to occur.

5. Items gotten in the Special Demo Version can be transferred over to ORAS. In addition the Special Demo Version will also reward those who play it with a never before seen Mega Pokemon that also can be transferred over to ORAS (Not known if it's just the Mega Stone that's transferred over or also the Pokemon)! The transfer will be done via the Pokemon Link.

6. Known Pokemon in Special Demo Version so far: Grovyle, Sceptile, Combusken, Blaziken, Marshtomp, Swampert, Slakoth, Linoone, Nosepass, & Loudred.

7. Will be released either mid October to early November. Appears that a code will be required to download if from the eShop. Check Serebii's listing of where you can get your code.

That's all I can think of to include now. So to start off this thread's speculation part, here's some questions:

1. What items do you think we'll get?
2. What would you like the Mega Pokemon we'll receive to be?
3. What do you think these special scenarios will be?
4. What other Pokemon do you think we'll encounter?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
There isn't really anything to talk about that wasn't already discussed in the ORAS thread, that is until the demo is released.

I cast "Summon Moderator DHR-107"

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Yeah this is a little premature. Stellar and I will have a discussion over what to do with this thread. It may re-open later, or a Mod might post the OP to have a little more control over it. As of yet, all we have are some images from the Demo.

For the time being I am going to lock it until I get a chance to speak to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)