Project ORAS PU Teambuilding Competition - Nominations! (look at post #30)

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by Dell & stolen from Spirit

Hello and welcome to the first edition of the PU Teambuilding Competition! The goal of this project is to observe and better understand how experienced PU players go about building their teams around a particular core. It's also a great way to improve and refine your own teambuilding skills, or just simply learn how others do it! Anyone is free to participate and I encourage as much discussion as possible; however, I'd like to point out that you do not have to post a team to contribute to this thread. Feedback is allowed and actually preferred in this thread, so if you have comments or concerns about someone's team, don't be afraid to post it! The process is as follows:

Each round, I will choose a core of two Pokemon (or only one Pokemon sometimes). It is then up to you to build a team around it, designing sets, teammates, roles, and everything in between. Identifying weaknesses, strategies, and so forth are key parts of teambuilding and I'm quite interested to see how that carries through in this thread. I also hope to emphasize a lot of creativity with this as well—new gems and underrated Pokemon and cores are popping up all the time, and hopefully this thread can bring about a lot of new discoveries about the metagame! After the submission period is over (which will be after around give or take a week) I will announce the voting period, where you will get a couple of days to vote on what you think is the best team. By the end of the voting period, the votes will be tallied and team with the most votes will be archived in the Hall of Fame I will be posting below, and the process will start again with a new core.

Some rules I'm expecting people to follow:
  • Make the post presentable. Fancy cute sprites are encouraged so long as they aren't as wide as Kim Kardashian's ass, but be sure to provide a link for other users so that they may use them in the future.
  • Make sure you have a paragraph describing how your team functions and how it supports the core. If I wanted to look at a pastebin of some mediocre team, I would go to the RMT forum and hunt for the locked threads made by users with such pristine names like Pikachu77.
  • Don't insult users if their teams aren't up to standard, feel free to question why people are running certain things or suggest changes that will make the team better. In fact, I highly encourage discussion but don't be rude about it. Basically, just don't be a jackass.
  • Use hide tags when posting your team. Don't be that douchebag that makes everyone scroll down for an extra 5 seconds. No one likes that, and they won't like you afterwards.
  • Be creative! While there'll be no restrictions this time around, try to explore uncommon Pokemon if circumstances allow it. Channel your inner hipster.
  • You are allowed to edit your teams with testing and / or feedback from other people (i.e. you realize it sucks or gets 6-0ed by something), however be sure to make note of these edits in the original post (that means pastebin it you dodo). Once the voting period begins however, you cannot edit your teams anymore.
The Pokemon you are going to build around this week is...

Pawniard!

NOMINATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL SUNDAY NIGHT GMT+1 (so maybe even a bit later if i forget lol)

Last edited:
HALL OF FAME
Week #1 [Scyther]
SSCHYTAH SQUAD by galbia
Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wing Attack
- U-turn
- Roost

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Lax Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Haunter @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Substitute

Sawsbuck @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sap Sipper
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Double-Edge
- Baton Pass
- Toxic

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail
- Play Rough

Week #2 [Pelipper + Piloswine]
Offensive Team by Kingler12345
Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Pelipper @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Relaxed Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Circle Throw

Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

Luxray @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Ice Fang
- Volt Switch

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Trick
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

When it came to Scyther in PU, most of the time it was either Banded or Scarfed, but I decided to build around SD Eviolite Scyther for a change of pace. Scyther banded or scarfed is troublesome as it is to opponents, but after a Swords Dance boost, it hits extremely hard. Aerial Ace + Knock Off covers a lot of pokemon in PU and Roost gives Scyther survivability and more chances to set up if need be. As Scyther is hampered by Stealth Rock, I decided on Prinplup to provide much needed Defog support while also providing Stealth Rock support for Scyther and its other teammates. Throh helps out Scyther by handling Rock and Steel-types like Golem and Bastiodon that Scyther has trouble getting past. Raichu provides an Electric immunity for Scyther and Prinplup as well as a way to handle Flying-types like Pelipper and Swanna. Tauros and Heatmor provides physical and special wallbreaking capabilities making it easier for Scyther to come in and clean up.

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Scald

Throh (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Storm Throw
- Knock Off

Raichu @ Expert Belt
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot

Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Heatmor @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Rash Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Low Kick/Superpower
- Sucker Punch/Knock Off

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

similar to TONE's team, this team is built around bulky SD Scyther which is imo the best Scyther set: it retains Scyther's amazing bulk allowing it to set up on a ton of bulky Pokemon yet still hit hard. I was going to build a very similar team to TONE's but I decided to go the bulky route and try my hand at stall. Scyther acts as the team's win condition and a fast Pokemon that can deal with stuff that would normally give stall trouble. For example it can take down weakened Ninetales and Simipour. Lategame it also cleans up foes so I don't have to stall them out.

Lickilicky provides a check to a plethora of special threats such as Swanna and Ninetales which otherwise troubled my team without it. It is also my Wish passer which keeps the team alive, especially the ones without recovery.

Carracosta, Misdreavus, and Avalugg cover the physical side of things and it is important that I carry multiple checks to stuff like Sneasel and Tauros, especially when the former two have no recovery. Carracosta provides a SR setter, a Flareon switch-in, as well as a Tauros and Sneasel counter. There is a choice between Aqua Jet and Low Kick; the former makes you a bit weaker to Iron Tail + EQ Tauros because you need to predict a bit more (although tbf so does the opponent), while Low Kick makes you unable to get off chip damage on Ninetales which is important because this team is a bit weak to it. Toxic is used because Carracosta and Barbaracle set up all over you otherwise, although you can run Protect if you dgaf. Misdreavus provides cleric support, a stallbreaker with Taunt, and another check to Tauros and especially Bouffalant and Ursaring. Avalugg provides a check to random physical attackers like Scyther and stuff; Impish is run here because Careful doesn't really do anything. Also, it means that you check Tauros and Quick Feet Ursaring as long as you switch into the correct move. Toxic is used to hit stuff like bulky Scyther and Ninetales switching in while Roar prevents Barbaracle and Costa from setting up on you, but EQ is a very good option too to prevent Sneasel from KOing you while you can't do shit back.

Roselia provides Spikes for the team and a check to Water- and Electric-types. Also, Sleep Powder is used to try and limit the switch-in opportunities for Beheeyem and Ninetales, both of which wreck the team if they predict right and smack everything.

This team is weak to a few things: Shell Smash Carracosta / Barbaracle (they set up on half the team and we can't check them so please status ASAP), CM Duosion (Scyther can set up alongside it but it takes a chunk from +3 Psychic and gets OHKOed if it runs Thunder), BU Vigoroth but again Scyther can set up alongside it while Missy wins if you speed creep enough, Ninetales (you need to chip damage it a lot), Beheeyem (it just spams Psychic so keep Lickilicky healthy). Probably some other stuff but it's definitely better than before when I had Poliwrath + Bastiodon over Lickilicky + Carracosta!

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Dragon Tail

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Aqua Jet / Low Kick
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic / Roar

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Heal Bell

edit: changed some stuff

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

When seeing this, i felt like being original and building around SD Scyther, as clearly no one else had. I knew this Scyther needed support; Defog or rapid spin is vital, wallbreakers to tear the opposing walls, rock type checks, pokes that deal with faster pokes. I originally had a Prinplup over Costa, but i dislikes having rocks + defog on the same poke, and i needed a more /sturdy/ check to Sneasel and Tauros, so i added bulky Costa. The set looks a bit weird, but low kick OHKOs Sneasel and will 2HKO Tauros, while protect is amazing for gaining passive recovery and scouting against rotom-f.
Next, i wanted a pivot and a rock type check. I originally had Pivot Leafeon, but because of baton pass clause, i had to change it to Tankela. I opted for a more spdef spread, to check Raichu and pivot into Rotom-f's volt switches more easily. Ninetales was next, as something i wanted to put in at the start. NP Ninetales is one of the scariest wallbreakers in tier, which makes it a great candidate, and add to the fact it can bait in and weaken rock types, and has enough spdef to tank stuff like Raichu's thunderbolt when trying to revenge kill it.
Looking at my team, i had a FWG core combined with Scyther. I felt it was a bit slow, so a choice scarf user is necessary. Mr Mime was a good choice, as it can healing wish to help Scyther out, and more importantly, has baton Pass. This may seem weird, but if you look at common mime switch ins, Lickilciky and Grumpig, they are set up bait for Scyther. Lastly, Psyshock was necessary over psychic for Ninetales. Avalugg was chosen as my last for a few reasons. Firstly, it can check pokes like Aurorus and scarf Haunter, which annoyed my team, and secondly i needed a spinner. Toxic was chosen as the filler so it can switch in and beat Piloswine.

Galbia sucks and didnt read this

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Low Kick

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 188 SpA / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Ninetales @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
- Baton Pass

Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Avalanche
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

e: changed avalugg's hp to a stealth rock number, ty tone

Last edited:

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Like the people before me I decided to use bulky Swords Dance Scyther, because it's like the only Scyther you can really build a team around. I added Marowak for Stealth Rocks and being able to beat most other Stealth Rock setters and Defoggers such as Pelipper. Avalugg spins Stealth Rock away for Scyther, which it really appreciates. At this point I noticed a big weakness to Carracosta and no Fire resist, so I added SubPunch Poliwrath which is really cool, and beats most Rock- and Ice-types that threaten Scyther. Raichu and Zebstrika could kinda just rip through the team if Marowak was weakened a bit, so I added Lightningrod Raichu, which helps a bit against other Electrics. Expert Belt Raichu can also lure Golem and Piloswine decently, for when people don't see Life Orb damage they often assume Raichu is choiced, and I can smack the foe with HP Water or Focus Blast. Tauros just destroyed the team, so Nasty Plot Misdreavus was added to check it with Will-O-Wisp and being a cool Pokemon in general.

Scyther @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Bonemerang
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Avalugg @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Avalanche
- Recover
- Toxic

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall
- Toxic

Raichu @ Expert Belt
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Water]

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

SSCHYTAH SQUAD

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wing Attack
- U-turn
- Roost

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Lax Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Haunter @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Substitute

Sawsbuck @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sap Sipper
Jolly Nature
- Horn Leech
- Double-Edge
- Baton Pass
- Toxic

Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail
- Play Rough

Basically i built this team around SD+U-turn Scyther which is a massively underrated set that has both Choiced Set's early game utility and Swords Dance sets sweeping capabilities and its ability to wonderfully wallbreak for Life Orb Mightyena later in the game. The tea follows a quite basic structure with Pelipper being the defogger of choice and Piloswine the Stealth Rock setter (which in this case carries Toxic to actively wear down Avalugg which is like the bigges threat to this team) that also provides a quite solid defensive backbone to an offensive team like this. Life Orb Haunter just breaks anything not named Lickilicky and i carry Sub+Energy Ball to break bulky Ground-types and to beat Sucker Punch users. Then i added Choice Scarf Sawsbuck as filler because it is able to clean later in the game and revenge kill pretty much any Carracosta and Barbaracle variant. Toxic is there because fuck Avalugg. Run Twave if you are Don because it gets that.

AFTER MY ENTRY THE FIRST WEEK OF THE COMPETITION IS CLOSED. VOTING WILL LAST UNTIL MONDAY NIGHT GMT+1 AND THE ENTRIES ARE

TONE114's Team
scorpdestroyer's Team
anty's Team
grimoiregod's Team
galbia's team

...and i won this week n_n

The core you are going to build around this week is...

Piloswine + Pelipper!

This core is a pretty safe and easy startpoint to start building a solid balanced or bulky offensive team. Outside of the nice synergy they have they also provide essential Defog and Stealth Rock support to a team too! You can go pretty wild with this core so i want to see something innovative! (posting my last round team isn't allowed imo)

NOMINATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL SATURDAY NIGHT GMT+1 (so maybe even a bit later if i forget lol)

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- U-turn

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Circle Throw

Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

Luxray @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Ice Fang
- Volt Switch

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Trick
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

I originally kinda wanted to build a defensively oriented team with Lickilicky but then replaced it with our BASED LORD KEKLEON. Luxray and Pelipper form a decent voltturn core especially with CB Luxray's power and the amount of switches it forces, plus Pelipper can bring in Luxray due to its slow Speed. Kecleon is for revenge killing purposes and the utility of Knock Off, and while it overlaps somewhat with Haunter, it serves as a catch-all and a glue for the team I guess. The team itself is pretty basic, Piloswine serves as an SRer and tank, Pelipper Defogs and checks Scyther Poliwrath etc, and Poliwrath just checks shit like Rcok-types and phazes. I've played around with this team and it seems p. solid to me.

edit: oh yeah thx hayabusa for help

edit2: trying out subdisable haunter instead, will post w/ results

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Lax Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Circle Throw

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Swoobat @ Salac Berry
Ability: Simple
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Signal Beam

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Dragon Tail

Yeah so basically I think that Piloswine and Pelipper together form a great starting point for a team, giving me many alternatives for my build path, unfortunately, since It's a used core for balanced/bulky off teams, I always saw a team built similiarly to various of my starting ideas so I tried to do something new(maybe lol I don't know if someone did that already).
Ok so my idea was to create a team made to worn down the opponent's one, opening holes for the sweep of Swoobat, but still able to put on some damages even when played passively.
Piloswine already does a part of that with Toxic+a priority and STAB Earthquake paired with his decent Base Atk. Lurking a bit I found that Poliwrath creates a great sinergy with Swoobat and the team in general, providing a check for various Rock Pokémons and others such as Piloswine, Sneasel etc. and Scald for utility burns and luring. Then added Scarfed Rotom-Frost for a revengekiller that can deal high damage with his STABs, also he creates a volturn core with Pelipper which isnt bad paired with Swoobat and can trick setup sweepers to nullify them at least completely. Last one is Lickilicky, he deals with special sweepers, provides Wish to Piloswine, Swoobat and Rotom-F, which are the major dmg output of the team, gives my team a Knock Off user to deal with eviolite stuff/haunter/random ghostspam and Dragon Tail to remove setup sweepers from the field if I don't have enough dmg to deal with them.
There's probably much more to explain but I don't want to annoy you a lot so I'll end it there enjoy.

Reactions: g

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear

Pelipper @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Lax Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Haunter @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 140 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

Arbok @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 188 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Throh (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 192 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Circle Throw
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Decided to go with the bulky offense motif and came up with a solid defensive core with a really cool sweeper to go with it. So Piloswine and Pelipper are pretty cool in that between the two of them they wall the majority of physical Pokemon while also providing hazard support both offensively and defensively. The one thing they can't really handle too well is Sneasel so I added SDef Throh to check Sneasel and a number of special attackers such as Haunter. Next step was to add Licklilicky for Wish support, status support, and to pair with Throh to check the other special attackers. Wish and Heal Bell was important for me as i could see several scenarios where any of the previous three team members would be statused and unable to heal themselves due to their low speed. SubWisp Haunter was a set I really wanted to try out so I added it next to help check the Normals and Fightings of the tier and to add a bit of a speed presence, as well as spinblocking for Piloswine in a pinch. The final addition came courtesy of Dell who suggested bulky Arbok as the final piece which gave me an additional check to Fighting and Grass types, further status synergy with Lickilicky and throw, and a reasonably fast set up sweeper that can become very dangerous, very quickly.

Sets are fairly standard with a bit of speed creep, Haunter's EVs are kinda random to give it more bulky. I did try out Black Sludge but it died to absolutely everything.

edit: btw it's 16-3 with the first losses to random shit on low ladder, it doesn't lose

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
This team feels sort of similar to Raiza's entry, but I wanted to post an old team of mine with this core that I've had a lot of success with. Firstly, it contains a triple volt turn core, with scarfed Rotom-F, CB Scyther and Pelipper's slow U-Turn that often brings in my mons for free. Throh is there to protect Eviolites on Misdreavus and Piloswine from being knocked off, while being an easy switch-in to rock attacks aimed at Pelipper, Scyther, and Rotom-F. Misdreavus acts a check to Tauros, and is a secondary lead if I feel like taunting and preventing rocks from going up during the first turn. 96 Speed on Pelipper might seem strange, but it hits 190 speed, which is a milestone (+1 higher than 252 neutral base 45s, like Golem and Marowak). After Rocks or some other previous damage, Scald OHKOs Golem and prevents Rocks from ruining my volt turn core for the rest of the match. Hidden Power Ice is the preferred 4th move on Rotom-F, just because of the number of times I've had game-losing misses on Blizzard lol. Hope you enjoy!

Piloswine @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Pelipper @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- U-turn

Rotom-Frost @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Blizzard

Scyther @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Quick Attack
- Brick Break

Throh (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Def / 32 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Knock Off
- Circle Throw

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)