Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are saying sand teams are not good?
No. He's saying that manually setting sand with the attack "sandstorm" is bad. Although now that you mention it, there aren't really full sand teams in the same way that there are full rain teams (Politoed + Kingdra +Kabu/OMA + Rain Mega + secondary setter + pivot). Sand teams tend to be (Tyranitar/Hippo + Excadrill + things to cover shared weaknesses + maybe M-Chomp). Granted, there's still some team slot constriction because T-Tar and hippo both stack weaknesses with Excadrill and chomp, but the thing about sand offense is that you really don't need a secondary setter.

Can Serperior and volcarona suit in balanced team?I don't mean them being in the same team, I mean in general, are they suitable for balanced teams?

Looking at the usage stats, will Quagsire and Amoonguss be in OU soon?
I think they must go up from their own tier based on usage.

Edit: As Celticpride ninja'd me about, you can use them regardless. If you play OU only, then you only have to care if they are suspect to Ubers, which they honestly never will be.

For offensive M-Scizor (SD + 3 attacks), are there any notable OHKO's or important speed cutoffs I should be aware of when deciding between Adamant or Jolly?

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone know a few good Stall Gliscor sets or a SR Skarmory sets I can use in some of my teams?
SubToxic Gliscor is a decent set and deals nicely with balanced and offensive builds and is quite stall-y. I prefer running Spikes Skarmory, but Stealth Rock is viable as well I guess; a specially defensive spread is good to deal with Mega Gardevoir, Mega Diancie, and Keldeo better.

For offensive M-Scizor (SD + 3 attacks), are there any notable OHKO's or important speed cutoffs I should be aware of when deciding between Adamant or Jolly?
+2 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 288-340 (95.6 - 112.9%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 262-310 (87 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bug Bite vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 255-300 (84.1 - 99%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bug Bite vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 231-273 (76.2 - 90%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bug Bite vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 300-354 (83.5 - 98.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bug Bite vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 273-322 (76 - 89.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

That's three somewhat realistic scenarios. You don't miss out on any OHKOs really but several go from "more likely than not" to "most likely not" KOs.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ou-speed-tiers.3527024/

^That's the speed tier master list so to speak. Looking at that we get (the most relevant ones being bolded):

273 / Absol, Beedrill, Heracross (Mega), Scizor (Mega), Smeargle / 75 / +Spe / 252 / 0
269 / Heracross / 85 / Neutral / 252 / 0
266 / Charizard (Mega-X), Mew / 100 / Neutral / 120 / 0
265 / Tyranitar (Mega), Tyrantrum / 71 / +Spe / 252 / 0
264 / Landorus-Therian / 91 / +Spe / 88 / 0
264 / Togekiss / 80 / +Spe / 176 / 0
263 / Latias (Mega) / 110 / Neutral / 28 / 0
263 / Garchomp / 102 / Neutral / 92 / 0
262 / Bisharp, Breloom, Metagross, Swampert (Mega) / 70 / +Spe / 252 / 0
261 / Gyarados, Gyarados (Mega) / 81 / Neutral / 252 / 0
259 / Altaria, Altaria (Mega), Dragonite, Gardevoir, Hoopa-Unbound, Mamoswine, Togekiss / 80 / Neutral / 252 / 0
256 / Jirachi / 100 / Neutral / 80 / 0
255 / Diggersby / 78 / Neutral / 252 / 0
254 / Kingdra / 85 / Neutral / 192 / 0
254 / Gyarados / 81 / Neutral / 224 / 0
251 / Emboar, Gothitelle / 65 / +Spe / 252 / 0
250 / Altaria, Altaria (Mega) / 80 / Neutral / 216
249 / Chesnaught / 64 / +Spe / 252 / 0
249 / Heracross (Mega), Scizor (Mega) / 75 / Neutral / 252 / 0

Outside of those bolded targets (which include 2 Rain sweepers), everything else is either outdated or virtually unused (Char-X, Lando-T and Mew in particular), better handled by Bullet Punch (too many to count, even outside the obvious ones), walls you hard regardless (Gyarados, Tank Chomp w/ Fire Blast), or stuff that can't damage you much at all really (Goth, Chesnaught).

Adamant is overall better in my experience, Jolly works for a few very specific targets.

Two questions:

Is the 1.3x Life Orb multiplier being applied to the base power of a move you're using or the offensive stat of your pokemon. Is the answer any different for things like the type plates or Choice Items?

In what order is base power calculated? For example, when is the Aerilate 30% boost applied relative to the STAB boost and the super effective/not very effective damage modifier?

I don't quite understand tornadus-t. I know it is a fantastic utility pokemon with access to u-turn and knock off, but it's reliance to the very shaky hurricane and focus blast is really throwing me off. How do I use it properly?

I know that stall is falling in relevance, but has it been somewhat replaced with bulky offense/semi-stall. And if so what does bulky offense/semi-stall tend to run. I wanna know because I am looking to use Crawdaunt but wanna have a general idea to how effective he would be since he has a low speed tier but is extremely powerful. Crawdaunt reaches 229 speed btw so it will out speed any wall bar tank chomp.

Last edited:
Two questions:

Is the 1.3x Life Orb multiplier being applied to the base power of a move you're using or the offensive stat of your pokemon. Is the answer any different for things like the type plates or Choice Items?

In what order is base power calculated? For example, when is the Aerilate 30% boost applied relative to the STAB boost and the super effective/not very effective damage modifier?
I believe it's irrelevant. The damage mechanics are all multiplicative, so, for instance, a mon with 200 Attack using an (effective) 80 BP move hits exactly as hard as a mon with 300 Attack using a 120 BP move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)