Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The smart part about that set is that pretty much the only psychic attacks in ou are psyshock and zen headbutt, both of which calculate with physical defence, so on that front this conkeldurr set looks pretty nice, but yeah, you'd only be able to set up once you get rid of m-gard, m-altaria, azu and clef. An alternative to remedy the fairy problem (although on a very minor scale) is to run av, but the difference wouldn't be by too much, and it would sorely miss the soft recovery.
The set does have potential under ideal conditions though
edit, ignore the av part, brain fart

The smart part about that set is that pretty much the only psychic attacks in ou are psyshock and zen headbutt, both of which calculate with physical defence, so on that front this conkeldurr set looks pretty nice, but yeah, you'd only be able to set up once you get rid of m-gard, m-altaria, azu and clef. An alternative to remedy the fairy problem (although on a very minor scale) is to run av, but the difference wouldn't be by too much, and it would sorely miss the soft recovery.
The set does have potential under ideal conditions though
If you run av, you can't use 3/4 moves on the set :/

I don't know if I am too dumb for understanding destiny bond, but I just had a battle where gengar used destiny bond, I used Volt Switch on my Rotom, the gengar survived (so the effect of destiny bond should be away because it only works for this turn?), and in the next round I killed the gengar with my exca which outsped it due to sand, but my Excadrill died ... ? Where's the fault in my thought process?

I don't know if I am too dumb for understanding destiny bond, but I just had a battle where gengar used destiny bond, I used Volt Switch on my Rotom, the gengar survived (so the effect of destiny bond should be away because it only works for this turn?), and in the next round I killed the gengar with my exca which outsped it due to sand, but my Excadrill died ... ? Where's the fault in my thought process?
Destiny bond effects stay until the foe's next move, so if you outspeed, destiny bond will still bring you down. I learned that the hard way too.

Will these two work as a core?

Mega gyarados
252 attack / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Adamant

Taunt
Dragon dance
Waterfall
Crunch

Gengar @ life orb
252 Spa / 252 speed / 4 hp
Timid

Shadow ball
Sludge wave
Focus blast
Destiny bond

If I baton pass to a regigigas do the moves the last pokemon was out count towards slow start?
Slow start activates when regigigas comes into the field, so no, the count is always at 5 turns. The number of turns the last pokemon was out for do not count towards slow start.
I am building a team around dragon dance tyranitat and I need a check for conckelder any suggestions
Talonflame, Gyarados, Azumarill, Clefable, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Sableye.

Last edited:
Why is Kekturne ranked on the viability rankings again?

I love the thing, but it seems to have a million and one issues.....

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
From the viability rankings:
Cacturne was put in D rank because it has an interesting role as a Sash mon with Spikes / Counter / Sucker Punch / Seed Bomb which punishes Landorus-T U-turns really well and can get off a Sucker or a Spikes depending on the situation. Water Absorb is also really helpful in certain situations, though overall this is quite a difficult Pokemon to judge without seeing it in practise yourself, though I'm sure Ox the Box will be happy to answer any questions about it ^_^

SketchUp

Is there one non mega pokemon that can counter or check Rotom-W and Mega Manectric?
Lanturn
There are more pokemon that can check both such as Raikou, Tangrowth and Excadrill (scarf mold breaker) but are not full counters to both Manectric and Rotom-W

Is there one non mega pokemon that can counter or check Rotom-W and Mega Manectric?
I'm not sure if it necessarily meets the criteria, but Freeze Dry Mamoswine can lure in Rotom-W and 2HKO it while tanking anything from Mega Manectric. Earth Power Specially-oriented Kyurem-B can also handle them provided you keep Rocks off and you don't get hit with Overheat

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Reuniclus is a great win condition for stall teams that takes advantage of Rotom-W and is never 2HKOed by Manectric. It can't stop them from volt switching, but eh.

Gastrodon and Seismitoad are great bulky waters for stall teams that easily handle both and stop Volt Switch. However, Will-o-Wisp from Rotom can be a bit annoying.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Crocune works because it has the benefits of a much better typing, natural defense stats, with a move that not only doesn't have a type immune to water (barring abilities), but the main attack Scald gives it a burn rate to improve its bulk and pressure a variety of playstyles. Conkeldurr simply doesn't do that which is why it's simply inferior to Crocune in the sense of running a similar set. In a similar sense as well the main users of these Crosets have something beneficial in the tier to make them a threat such as in NU back when Spiritomb was around, the lack of Dark and Ghost resists, among other traits like Infiltrator, made the set highly effective. Mono fighting is simply poor coverage on when it's blocked by any relevant Fairy type in the tier, which is one of the strongest typings both from an offensive and defensive standpoint, along with being momentum bait for Gengar and any other relevant Fighting resist, such as M-Alakazam and Celebi. A fighting variation of Crocune is silly in a tier like OU.

So I've been gone from competitive play since right before ORAS came out (I played a little in the ORAS ladder they had before it was released), how different is the meta now?

SketchUp

So I've been gone from competitive play since right before ORAS came out (I played a little in the ORAS ladder they had before it was released), how different is the meta now?
With Greninja gone balanced builds are way more common and at te moment stall, balance and offense are all viable playstyles.
Some pokemon that shot up in usage since the beginning of ORAS: Tyranitar, Keldeo, Bisharp, Clefable, Landorus-I
Some pokemon that decreased in usage since the beginning of ORAS: Talonflame, Magnezone, Conkeldurr, Chansey, Mamoswine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)