Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds more like 3 v "Pick 3," which while still a disadvantage isn't nearly so much as 3v6. Am I correct in assuming that players are required to use the same team for all the Gym Leaders? If so, that also somewhat helps to mitigate the downsides of having to play monotype.
Their allowed to change their teams up from what I understand every fight, just as long as they don't use anything banned, and its 3 v 3, The gym leaders are able to change pokemon as well, I'm just trying to at the moment focuss on getting a good solid 3's team put together before worrying about anything else I might switch X)

heres the link to the official rulings

http://nashicon.com/?page_id=868

Last edited:
What's the best set for MegaScizor that primarily wants to deal with Kyurem-B (switch into outrage or fusion bolt) but also has pretty good uses outside of that? It doesn't use defog.

What's the best set for MegaScizor that primarily wants to deal with Kyurem-B (switch into outrage or fusion bolt) but also has pretty good uses outside of that? It doesn't use defog.
A bulky Swords Dance set, most likely, if that's what you're looking for. Potentially invest primarily in Def, moveset consists of SD, Roost, Bullet Punch, U-Turn/Superpower/Knock Off/etc. It shouldn't have it hard switching in. I'd run calcs, but on mobile. Good luck!

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What ColtCabana said. This is the set:

Bulky Swords Dance
########
name: Bulky Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Roost
move 3: Bullet Punch
move 4: Knock Off
ability: Light Metal
item: Scizorite
nature: Adamant
evs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 104 SpD / 20 Spe

Takrn straight from the Scizor C&C thread. Allows you to set up on Adamant Excadrill's Earthquake, Aegislash's Shadow Ball (non-LO/spooky plate), and anything weaker.

Should I use thrash or return on a mega Pinsir? Also should I run X-scissor or another coverage move if I already have a Salamence with EQ?

Should I use thrash or return on a mega Pinsir? Also should I run X-scissor or another coverage move if I already have a Salamence with EQ?

Return is usually the better option but, if you find yourself lacking power, you could always use double edge as it is usually not worth it to lock yourself into thrash.
Also you should almost always run EQ on Pinsir as it has great coverage with flying.

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I'm pretty new to competitive battling, as a result my team building sucks. I really would appreciate any help building a team around DD M-Ttar and Azumarill. Open to any suggestions/guidance. Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to pick what rating of battle I want to watch on Pokémon Showdown? I do not want to watch noobs play at 1000 rating. I would like to watch somebody sitting close to 1800. Thanks.

Is it possible to pick what rating of battle I want to watch on Pokémon Showdown? I do not want to watch noobs play at 1000 rating. I would like to watch somebody sitting close to 1800. Thanks.
Personally, I enjoy those battles because they're chock full of mediocre Pokemon that employ strategies not commonly seen on the ladder.

Well, I think they're just going to wind up banning SwagPlay in particular, like they did ShellPass. But I don't know what I'm talking about.

Well, I think they're just going to wind up banning SwagPlay in particular, like they did ShellPass. But I don't know what I'm talking about.
They banned SmashPass in lower tiers last gen because it was virtually impossible to deal with in those tiers; most of the walls capable of dealing with it were locked in higher tiers.

There's really no telling what they'll do at this point with SwagPlay. There are several different possible bans (the only truly "broken" user, for example, is Klefki), and we don't really know how things will go, especially because SwagPlay is more "pull-out-your-hair aggravating" than it is "completely uncounterable."

Prankster Swagger, I would wager, is a more likely ban than Swagger+Foul Play, for example.

How do I deal with a Deoxys-D lead? Is it possible to completely shut it down before it sets up hazards, without it using magic coat on you?

How do I deal with a Deoxys-D lead? Is it possible to completely shut it down before it sets up hazards, without it using magic coat on you?
Try Magic Bounce Espeon or Mega-Absol, but otherwise the best option would be to KO it ASAP and have a defog/rapid spin user clean up when safe.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not really, only way is as the dude above me said, magic bounce. That's a reason why Deo-D (and essentially Deo-S) were banned in the generations prior to this, they could set up hazards too easily and pretty much guarantee 2 layers at least.

Either Taunt it, hammer it with strong hits like a Shadow Ball from Aegislash, U-turn from Choice Band Scizor, Crunch from (CB) Tyranitar, or take the hazards and defog/rs later on.

Thanks for the responses, magic bounce definitely seems like the best bet. I'm also going to try choice banded Scizor, and U-Turn out into a defogger after that. HO teams with a Deoxys-D lead were giving me so many issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)