ORAS Ubers Oracles: a Balance RMT ft. Bronzong

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
This is 8-BIT here with my first (serious) ORAS Ubers RMT! I was sick and tired of playing Hyper Offense, so I decided to try out balance. You won't see any fancy ladder peaks, because I get really bored with laddering really quickly. This team features Bronzong, an often overlooked but excellent Pokemon. I'm terrible with introductions, so I'll cut to the chase: here's my team fam
will do later

Massively (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Thunder Wave

Primal Groudon is arguably even more OP than Mega Rayquaza. That’s not to say it’s a bad thing, however. PDon provides invaluable support as a phazer, a form of speed control, and a Xerneas/booster check. I opted for the specially defensive build, as it fits better onto balance. Lava Plume is pretty standard on SDef PDon, and the 30% burn chance is nice. It also destroys stuff like Genesect and Scizor. Earthquake is primary STAB, and I chose it over Precipice Blades due to the accuracy. It’s really up to preference. Roar lets me stop boosters in their tracks, effectively crippling GeoXern after it consumes its Power Herb, and prevents EKiller from setting up. Thunder Wave is speed control, allowing me to slow down scarfers and the like. The EVs are standard, 56 Def to help it take something (don’t remember what, I think it was EKiller’s Earthquake,) max HP, and 200 SDef. The 8 Speed is really for a little creep.

Mr. Sandman (Yveltal) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Roost

Lately physically defensive Yveltal has become a staple on nearly everything I use because it’s so damn good. Foul Play lets me crush Mega Salamence, PDon, and EKiller, while just providing solid overall STAB. Sucker Punch is used to pick off weakened targets, and I believe that it always OHKOs MMY. Taunt is nifty if I want to anti-lead PDon with Stealth Rock, and is always fun for when people bring in Xerneas on it. It also shuts down recovery and status. Roost lets Yveltal heal off half of its health, also removing its Flying-type weaknesses for the turn, which is big. Impish nature with 240 HP and max defense lets me take as many physical hits as possible. 16 Speed is creep. You could also run Rocky Helmet or Leftovers on it, but I like Dread Plate for the added power.

->

Croissant (Salamence) (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh
- Frustration
- Roost

Mega Salamence is an utter beast in ORAS Ubers, sitting at the lofty S Rank. Its ability to turn a losing matchup into a winning one is insane, and is such a solid mon overall. I chose the bulky Refresh set, as it provides the most longevity, and with mono-flying being really solid coverage in Ubers, I felt this was the best way to go. Dragon Dance is standard, not much to explain. Refresh lets me heal off status, something Earthquake Mence usually doesn’t get to be able to do. Frustration is STAB, and I chose it over Return in case I run into any scrubs with Ditto on the ladder. Roost lets Mence heal off damage and stay in the game longer. I chose the Impish natured spread with EVs suggested by Krauersaut. I’ll have to find out what they do, but it works really well for me.

Cross (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder

This was originally Latias, but I found myself with a gaping Darkrai weakness, as well as a lack of cleric and general cleaner. ScarfXern mitigated these problems. I love this Pokemon, and find it much more satisfying than GeoXern. Focus Blast is to get the most damage on Primal Groudon, as well as any random Heatran or Ferrothorn I might find. Moonblast is standard hard-hitting STAB, and is what you’ll be clicking most of the time. Aromatherapy is to provide pinch status healing. Thunder is to hit Ho-Oh and Kyogre as hard as possible. I cannot say this enough, but DON’T USE THUNDERBOLT. EVER. It is terrible and 90% of the time Moonblast will do more damage. Standard spread is standard, with me opting for a Modest nature, as Timid really doesn’t do much.

Liberty Or Death (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Reflect

Bronzong was on here because people in the chat were talking about how OP GeoXern was (again) or something, so I said “all u scrubs need to use zong” and ApplepieFTW agreed with me. Truth be told, I had never used Bronzong before, and really wanted to try it out. Bronzong is a tastE mon, and is my secondary GeoXern check if I want to keep PDon healthy later on. Stealth Rock makes Bronzong one of the most reliable rockers right now, with its typing allowing it to come on practically half the meta. Gyro Ball is standard STAB, hitting +2 GeoXern for ~70%. Toxic is standard status, and helps wear down bulky walls like Lugia. Reflect is a last-ditch move that helps provide quick damage reduction. I chose a specially defensive spread in order to minimize damage taken by GeoXern’s Focus Blast/Hidden Power Fire, but seeing as it gets 2HKO’ed regardless, I could always take some SDef EVs out and move them to either Attack or Defense, but t’s preference, really.

Krampus (Arceus) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Defog

This was originally Fire Blast Fairyceus, which later became CM Fairyceus. However, I noticed I was pretty Ho-Oh weak, so I changed it to Defog Rockceus, as I had swapped out Latias for ScarfXern. Rockceus is a very solid Pokemon, completely destroying Ho-Oh locked into Sacred Fire or Brave Bird. It also smacks Lugia and Yveltal for big damage, and has a 93% chance to OHKO mega Mence. Judgment does what it says on the tin, hitting for big damage even uninvested. Will-O-Wisp is standard for supportceus, crippling physical attackers that might otherwise threaten it. Recover lets Rockceus heal off damage, increasing its longevity in general. Lastly Defog removes hazards, an invaluable tool on a team with 2 Pokemon weak to Stealth Rock.

i would suggest running sleep talk on xern as darkrai otherwise gives problems to this team and change the xern spread to 140 def/184 satk/184 speed with modest nature to provide extra insurance against ekiller(not that u need it) and to beat darkrai.Another change i may suggest is running toxic+taunt on yveltal to beat darkceus since darkceus is more common and much more of a threat rn then mmy.

I think Salamence and Yveltal does the same job (checking PDon, EKiller and MMence) and Salamence does reliably check Ho-Oh so I would recommend using Ferrothorn instead of Yveltal to have a reliable check to PKyogre (PDon is really not enough) and Spikes and Leech Seed support is very useful. The second change I recommend is using an other Support Arceus like Ghostceus (if you worry about E-Killer and Latis), Darkceus(if you want a dark type to replace Yvel) or Groundceus (if you worry about PDon).

Sets:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes

Arceus-Ghost/Ground/Dark @ ... Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp / Ice Beam (For Groundceus)

I recommend using 176+ Spe to outspeed 110 BS but you can use 96+ (100 BS) or 124 (90 BS) if you want.

Hope you understood (I'm french, my english is bad) and hope I helped :]

Edit: An other possibility could be using Latias and an offensive Arceus like EKiller, CM Arceus-Dark, SD Ghostceus, SD Arceus-Ground.

Last edited:
Your team is currently weak to Primal Kyogre. If it takes away harsh sun you don't really have anything to switch into it. Yveltal is currently quite redundant with Mega Salamence and it's another SR weak Pokemon on a team with a Defogger that has a pretty mediocre defensive typing. I'm gonna second Didoy75 here and suggest having Latias replace Yveltal and change an Arceus form. I'm gonna recommend Ekiller here, because your team lacks priority right now (except Sucker which isn't very reliable), but others definitely can still work. You're not that weak to Ho-Oh because MMence checks it pretty well.

Also I don't really like the spread on Xern right now. I don't think it needs that much speed. I haven't exactly used Scarf Xern for a while, so I'm not gonna definitively recommend a new spread, but I think you can afford to move a lot of that speed to bulk. The thing is you're not gonna outspeed Scarf Genesect anyway; you're not gonna outspeed positive natured bs 95 (Scarf Kyurem-W and DD Rayquaza) without running speed boosting nature yourself (not worth it IMO), and base 90 Scarfs are pretty rare anyway (RIP Scarf Kyogre).

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Yeah my xerneas spread needs editing tbh
the main reason for yveltal is Foul Play, which OHKOes +2EKiller and Latias or anything else can't provide that.
I also noticed that when I removed latias I did become more POgre weak, which is an issue many teams have. Ill see if removing yveltal and replacing it for latias helps (blizzOgre is gainning popularity though but at least its a pivot.) I wanted tp avoid doin latias and darkceus because Edgar's Caelus team but ill try ghostceus.however this makes my team far too darkrai weak for my liking.

Yeah my xerneas spread needs editing tbh
the main reason for yveltal is Foul Play, which OHKOes +2EKiller and Latias or anything else can't provide that.
I also noticed that when I removed latias I did become more POgre weak, which is an issue many teams have. Ill see if removing yveltal and replacing it for latias helps (blizzOgre is gainning popularity though but at least its a pivot.) I wanted tp avoid doin latias and darkceus because Edgar's Caelus team but ill try ghostceus.however this makes my team far too darkrai weak for my liking.
I know it is the "base" of your team but you can change Bronzong for Klefki (also checking Xern, Lati@s + checking Darkrai)
If you make that change you'll have to run SR instead of Roar/TWave on Pdon.

Edit: Sleep talk instead of Thunder on Xern to have a (good) Sleep Absorber.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)