Operation Apocalypse. INITIATE. (A gimmick RU team)

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
OK. Here's my gimmicky RU team involving Unown sweeps.
I got the idea after reading Smogon's analysis on Unown.

The tam centralizes on Smeargle getting in enough quiver dances to pass to unown.
This team relies on the use of Whimsicott to spread Paralysis and Encores, giving a safe switch for Smeargle. One guy completely ragequitted after I encored his Braviary after it used Substitute.

OK. Here goes.

THE TEAM

Sweep mode. INITIATE. (Unown) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Psychic]

The ultimate monster of this team (Don't laugh. Unown is terrifying.) Hidden Power Psychic takes the move to a whole new level. STAB and Specs allow it to blow through the competition with 2 or 3 Quivers under its belt. However, this is not without its flaws. Escavalier and Drapion laugh is Unown's face as they take the hit and proceed to OHKO. This is where Bacon comes in (discussed later.)

Prof. S (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Spore
- Substitute
Ah, Prof. S. My QuiverPasser.
The strategy is simple: switch in after whimsicott's Encore, spore, Sub, Quiver Dance, Pass. The reason I prefer Quiver dance over Shell Smash is not only because it's illegal with Baton Pass in RU, but because Unown becomes more frail in comparison.

Stallone (Crustle) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- X-Scissor
- Rock Blast
My hazard setter. I have Spikes and SR on it, allowing him to get a couple of hazards out (Which is greatly appreciated on this team) and do some Sub-Breaking with Rock Blast.

Trolololol (Whimsicott) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Stun Spore
- U-turn
RAGEQUITTING. Troll is another standard UtilityCott. stun Spore eliminates faster attackers and trolls the mess out of Zangoose, and Leech Seed makes stallers fear staying in. Encore is to catch setup sweepers on an SD or other move, and then U-Turn the hell out of there.

Bacon (Emboar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Head Smash
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
Bacon is my counter to Unown's counters. With Choice scarf, he rips through Steel, Dark and Bug-Types with one of two moves. EQuake hits Drapion for Super-Effective, and Flare Blitz incinerates Escavalier. With these threats removed, Unown can sweep.

Swagsire (Quagsire) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Unaware
- Yawn
- Recover
- Waterfall
- Toxic
Swagsire is a rather unconventional Quagsire. Yawn is to get a sleep in on setup opponents, Recover is for endurance, and then you have your standard STAB in Waterfall. If the opponent decides to switch after getting Yawned, you have Toxic as backup. Unaware ensures that no SDs or Shift Gears will be working while he's around, and also bluffs a Water Absorb, making water-types think twice before using their Scalds or Surfs. Swagsire also prevents other Smeargle BP sweeps.

CHECKS AND COUNTERS
Water-Types such as Lanturn or Poliwrath, can easily take down Bacon. Priority users can potentially take down Unown, but the goal of this team is to get rid of said users.
Hazards can rain hell upon this team, breaking Prof. S's sash, and making me nervous about Passing to Unown, as a weakened one could faint to Aqua Jet.

All I can think of for now.

I haven't used this team much, but it's gone on a 6-0 streak so far.
Comments are welcome and suggested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)