ORAS OU OnlyUseMeBlade Core (Bishade Core)

You ship Bishade :]]]]]?

• Total voters

This is everyone's least favorite Smogonite here for an OU rmt. Unfortunately I have given up on UU as I can't seem to git gud, so I have converted to the realm of OU as it is a better meta for me.

This is a team centered around the Long forgotten Mega Gallade. You don't see the guy around much anymore, which is sad considering the dude is kinda awesome. A 2spooky base 165 attack and a base 110 speed make it a force to be reckoned with in a lot of cases.

LOOK AT MY GOD DAMN CAPE N00B

Fucking Duel Me (Gallade-Mega) @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt

Reason for Choosing:
Explained previously

Moveset:
I just went with the physical wallbreaker set, as it really is the only good one for Mega Gallade in OU (except maybe the bulky set). Close Combat is the greatest fighting STAB any physical fighting type has access to, just be careful about spamming it. Swords Dance is a great move for Gallade, as he tends to make many pokemon switch out due to his power. Zen Headbutt is a great flinching attack for physical psychic types. Knock Off hits psychic types who may try to switch in.
Alternative Options:
Psycho Cut can be ran over Zen Headbutt as a less risky option. Drain Punch is a decent alternative Close Combat, because after +2 you'll be recovering a lot of health.

The Black Man

Pepsi Max (Bisharp) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Knock Off

Reason for Choosing:
You can't have Mega Gallade without his best friend lover Bisharp. They take out each other's checks quite nicely, and plus the both have elbow blades <3.

Moveset:
I wanted to use the Lum-Low Kick set as it seemed the most interesting to me, also it's pretty unexpected in today's meta. Iron Head is basically a must on Bisharp, being its only effective steel type move. Sucker Punch is also a mandate, as that move is one of the reasons Bisharp is OU in the first place. Low Kick is nice for steel types who may try and switch in. Knock Off is a secondary dark type STAB that's nice in case you predict a switch.

Alternative Options:
Pursuit can be ran for a nice trapping set, but this isn't needed in most cases. Swords Dance can be ran for a nice boost, as Bisharp may force many switches.

The Whore

ClefablAIDS (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs : 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight
- Healing Wish

Reason for Choosing:
Is slot used to be taken by Landorus-Therian, but it's roles were outclasses by ClefablAIDS here. Having a good rock setter is great for any team of any sort.

Moveset:
I decided to go with the recommended support rock setter set, as I couldn't think of anything else to use on my own. Moonblast is just a nice STAB attack in the cases you need to defend yourself. Stealth Rock is, well, Stealth Rock, how do I explain this? Moonlight is to get some nichze healf, for when you predict a switch or are trying to stall a bitch out. Healing Wish is for rejuvenating a weakened Pokemon that may be important for the team, such as Mega Gallade whom tends to be worn down a lot.

Alternative Options:
Running Flamethrower or Fire Blast can be useful for any steel type switchins, but the rest of the team can take them down just fine.

SMOOOOOOOOOOG

ZOOOM MUHFCKA (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Reason for Choosing:
Having something to get hazards off the field is invaluable for any team, regardless of anything. Latios seemed like the best option, as I needed a good scald switchin.

Moveset:
#DropADraco is a must on Latios, for reasons that don't need to be explained. Psyshock is also a staple on the Lati twins, as well as any special attacking psychic type, because of it's decent pier and ability to take on Chansey, which Psychic cannot do. Defog is yet another staple move on the Lati twins, being able to remove literally anything (excluding leech seed) on the field. Hidden

Alternative Options:
Earthquake over HP Fire could be a nice Heatran lure, but everything on the team kicks Heatran's ass anyways so it's not neccesary. Psychic over Psyshock can be used to more easily take out Mega Venusaur, but Psyshock is better in pretty much any other cirumstance.

Dwayne Fucking Johnson

Dwayne Johnson (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Reason for Choosing:
This slot used to be taken up by Keldeo, as a Bisharp check, but everything already kicked it's ass anyways so it was not needed. Instead I needed something to shit on things like Mega Charizard X and others, and Terrakion was the suggested by Gimmick (how TF do I tag)?

Moveset:
A Terrakion named Dwayne Johnson knowing the move Earthquake
Kek
This is essentially the moveset that made people cum in gen 5. Close Combat is a scary ass move to deal with coming from Mr. Johnson, it well deal a helluva lot of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Stone Edge is another scary move (that will probably miss). Iron Head shits on Diancie which was also and issue for the team. Earthquake is a nice coverage move for say things like, poison types.

Alternative Options:
If you run anything else you're a fool

Make A Wish

Genie On Roids (Thundurus) Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs : 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

Reason for Choosing:
Azumarill kinda poos on his team so I needed something to murder it. I went with the suggested Thundurus as it's utility can be extremely useful for crippling fast threats, and it also, well, murders Azumarill.

Moveset:
Thunderbolt is an obvious choice, allowing significant damage output coming from a scary SpA stat. Thunder Wave is great for crippling fast threats or Pokemon trying to get sum mayja buuustz. Hidden Power Ice is great for a Landorus trying to switch in, or ground types in general. Focus Blast is grest for hitting Excadrill, who may try to switch in and get a free spin.

Alternative Options:
Discharge could be a good utility option in place of Thunder Wave, but that's risky in the case you don't have luck on your side.

IMPORTABLE INFORMATION IN THE FORM OF A PASTEBIN BECAUSE USING THE HIDE TEXT FUNCTION IS A HUGE PAIN IN THE ASS:

http://pastebin.com/E0p7kgtf

And that's it! Feel free to leave any rates of the sort, and this includes "WTF THIS TEAM IS SHIT WHO USES MEGA GAYLADE!!!????"

Last edited:
Pretty cool team.
Only thing I see is that you are very weak to fairy, and especially mega-gardevoir nothing want to take a pixilate hyper voice.
Only one that can take it is talonflame but when rocks are up something dies everytime it comes in.
I would suggest Sp.def talonflame because then you can deal with fairy alot more.

This is the set for talonflame then.
Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Acrobatics
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Gimmick

Electric potential
Hey there!

sd gallade, jolly lum sd bisharp, def landorus, lo latios, subcm keldeo, sd offensive acrobat talonflame

So at first glance, your team looks scary and full of threats, but one quick check at the viability rankings shows quite a few problems. Since this team is practically all out offense with a Landorus-T pivot, I won't suggest anything that would turn it into a balanced/bulky offense team. Maintaining the offensive nature of the team and fixing holes can be difficult, but I have a few suggestions that can make you less weak to some threats. The first problem is that the team doesn't like switching into special attackers, especially Mega Manectric, which can pretty much 6-0 you once Gallade and Latios take some damage. Azumarill can come in on Landorus, Latios, or Keldeo and get a free kill. Mega Charizard X sweeps through everything once Landorus takes a bit of damage and Talonflame is the only thing that can revenge kill it, but Talonflame is hella weak without Sharp Beak or Brave Bird. Metagross also troubles your team and has an easier time than Zard X if it's carrying Ice Punch. Mega Diancie is extremely problematic as it practically forces a speed tie with Gallade or Latios after getting free kills. Pretty much all the main threats to offensive teams have a field day, and the reason is pretty simple: you lack a revenge killer. On a team as offensive as yours, it's super important to have some way to revenge kill the threats that trouble offense. You have great speed tiers since 2/3 of the team outspeeds or speed ties with Keldeo, but the ORAS OU metagame has redefined speed.

The easiest way to mitigate this is just to slap on a strong revenge killer rather than a do-nothing blanket check. Since you're weak to pretty much every Pokemon with Dragon Dance along with Mega Manectric and Mega Diancie, I'm going to suggest running a Choice Scarf Terrakion with Iron Head and Earthquake as its coverage moves over your current Keldeo. Originally, I wanted to replace Talonflame, but Talonflame is extremely important for dealing with Fairies since the rest of your team just flat-out loses to them. Scarf Terrakion is a great blanket revenge killer for this team as it can fake the HO Stealth Rock lead which can potentially give it free kills vs all the threats to your team. It also maintains your Bisharp check, which is great. Iron Head bops M-Diancie and +0 Earthquake OHKOs Manectric >50% of the time (100% after Rocks) and also OHKOs Raikou after Rocks. Iron Head is also useful for revenge killing M-Altaria while Stone Edge and CC kill things like M-Gyarados, Zard-X, and Dragonite. Originally I wanted Keldeo to be Scarfed, but it struggles to beat M-Altaria and Zard X along with AV Raikou, so Terrakion seems like a better fit. Plus, Scarf Keldeo is pretty common and Scarf Terrakion can net some surprise kills.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Next, removing Keldeo makes your team a bit weaker to Skarmory, so I'd just go ahead and replace Earthquake with HP Fire on Latios. Half your team beats Heatran, so I don't think it's super important to have a Heatran lure on your team. Skarmory walls half your team (after Terrakion suggestion) without HP Fire on Latios, so I think it's generally a better choice. Also, with Keldeo gone and replaced with Terrakion, your team fears SD Mega Scizor, so having another way to take it down is very important. If you make this change, obviously change Hasty to Timid, which also helps out vs opposing fighting types.

Finally, LO Low Kick Weavile was already a problem, but became a bit more of an issue with Keldeo gone. (All my assumptions are based on the fact that you do decide to replace Keldeo btw). Weavile can come in on Latios, Landorus, and Bisharp and pretty much get a free kill from there. Because Low Kick Weavile is gaining a lot of hype lately, I suggest running Sharp Beak + Brave Bird on Talonflame. I know you prefer no item + Acro, but hear me out. Talonflame is a great but risky switch into Low Kick, but your current spread cannot OHKO Weavile 100% of the time even after Stealth Rock let alone a Life Orb hit: 252 Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Weavile: 186-219 (66.1 - 77.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock. Terrakion can revenge kill it and maybe get a surprise kill, but having only one answer is a bit shaky. Sharp Beak + Brave Bird Talonflame dishes out significantly more damage and always OHKOs Weavile after SR: 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Weavile: 243-286 (86.4 - 101.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock. On a more offensive team like this one especially with such a weak Bisharp, I think having stronger priority would be much more beneficial, and that's just one example why. You have Roost and two other win conditions on your team, so I think revenge killing ability outclasses longevity in this case.

And that's it! Good luck!

u might want to run life orb on bish because lum berry+jolly nature will leave u suprised at how many ko's u miss out on. u may not have many status absorbers, but if it comes to it, u can always let latios take a wow and still have a powerful wallbreaker in ur pocket for later.

Gimmick

Electric potential
Gallade/terrakion are very bad atm
If you play m-gallade you need always clefable for m-sableye
M-Sableye can be dealt with using other means than Clefable lol. His team isn't super weak to MEye since he does have means of dealing quick damage like LO Latios, Sharp Beak Talonflame, and an SD Lum Bisharp; plus, his obvious Stealth Rock setter has U-turn to get free damage on MEye switch-ins. MEye is seen on fatter teams against which I'd say Lilligant for OU's team has a pretty good matchup with 3 Pokemon with SD. Mega Eye lacks Leftovers, so it can be worn down through pressure from SR damage until something can come in and take it out. It's pretty easy to find out whether it's special or physically invested, so then you can answer with Latios or Bisharp. Also, Gallade and Terrakion are by no means "very bad atm." They have noticeable flaws that are keeping them from being top tier threats, but they're on the team for a reason. Since he wanted to build around Gallade + Bisharp, it'd be silly to suggest removing Gallade because you're stripping the foundation of the team. Terrakion has a niche on this team that I explained in my original rate. They have decent offensive synergy together as well since Terrakion can weaken fighting resists for Gallade and vice versa.

u might want to run life orb on bish because lum berry+jolly nature will leave u suprised at how many ko's u miss out on. u may not have many status absorbers, but if it comes to it, u can always let latios take a wow and still have a powerful wallbreaker in ur pocket for later.
I disagree -- I think Lum Sharp is an excellent choice for his team as it eases the matchup vs Stall and gets up a free SD on M-Sableye, which would otherwise be fairly difficult to handle.

Don't Run A Defogger if you have Stealth Rock user i suggestions a rapid spinner like Excadrill or Forretress
wat please tell me you're a troll account

Technically no. Mega Sableye has Magic Bounce which reflects Will-O-Miss so I doesn't necessarily cover it, but it breakers other forms of stall. You also underestimate it's bulk and her Talonflame lacks Taunt so I heals off damage.

A main problem I see is your lack of Special Attackers. Latios can't do I all by himself and thus Bulky Physical walls will give you trouble. So I suggest Unaware Clefable over Landorus T. Both of them set up rocks quite nicely and it also absorbs Fighting Attacks for Bisharp. With Unaware Clefable you also beat Setup Sweepers aside from Mega Gyarados and Charizard X. Also with Clefable you wall Thundurus and Mega Manectric which are threats to your team as you lack raw speed. Healing Wish is used to give a member of your team a second chance at wrecking apart the other team.

With the implementation of Clefable you now have a way of beating Mega Sableye. So in place of Talonflame you could run Thundurus Twave+3 Attacks. You seem very Azumarill weak as it can take out a majority of your team. With Thundurus you can easily dispatch of Bulky Waters as well as slowing down opposition for Mega Gallade to perform a sweep.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs : 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight
- Healing Wish

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs : 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

Good luck and I hope I helped ^_^
I like your suggestions, but because this is ORAS, new problems just emerge with the other ones covered. Azumarill is always a problem for offense, so the general idea is to take it down before it can do too much damage rather than switch into it every time it comes in (since that's nearly impossible). That's why I initially liked the Thundurus idea, but Talonflame is actually a better way to deal with Azu since it can revenge kill the Belly Drum set. The Clefable set you listed is actually set-up bait for Azumarill and can be 2HKOd by Play Rough since it doesn't have enough Def investment. I'd argue that CB Azumarill is a much bigger threat to this team, but it's a big threat to every team lol. Also, Unaware Clef with Moonlight isn't the most solid answer to Sableye since it can burn and Knock Off on all your switches. With only 8 Moonlight PP, Clefable's staying power is not nearly as good as Mega Eye's and so Clefable ends up being a do-nothing mon vs Stall and fat teams (obviously, Sableye will switch out every time Clef comes in so it'll get whittled by Burn and no Lefties). At least Landorus can grab momentum and free damage on Mega Eye switch-ins with U-turn.

Also, the team gets opened up to other issues like Sand Drill which can 6-0 the entire team with Clefable > Landorus. Pretty much everything with a strong EdgeQuake becomes problematic, like Scarf Lando-T. Defensive Lando-T can punish Scarf Lando-Ts for going for anything but U-turn by grabbing free momentum with its own U-turn, which I think this team really likes. Mega Metagross becomes pretty scary with Clef over Lando, as do Talonflame and M-Lopunny. I think Landorus-T is pretty solid on this team since it has Rocks, has U-turn to bring in the threats for free, pivots, grabs momentum, and blanket checks all the physical attackers that trouble offensive teams. Of course, Thundurus helps support the switch from Clef to Lando, but I think a strong priority move is very beneficial for his team to revenge kill threats rather than paralyze them and then die (take Weavile for example, which isn't even that good of an example since it can just Ice Shard anyway). He has Defog support from Latios too, so that's a pretty good plus.

I don't mean to dismiss any of your suggestions at all btw! I was just noting some of the holes that come about from changing Pokemon around, which makes team rating fairly difficult in ORAS. I just wanted to give a heads up to Lilligant for OU so he can choose what his team wants to handle better. I think a lot of it comes down to player choice since we all have different mindsets and playstyles.

I just replied to rates and this isn't even my team lol. Sorry about that. I think they were constructive and helpful, though :toast:

I think ya'll are forgetting about the fact this is my team and I choose what I want. I swear it's turning into the Viablity ranking thread in here

I like the Thunderus and ClefablAIDS suggestion, but the rest are debatable, especially the one about Forretress

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)