ORAS OU One (Focus) Punch Loom

One (Focus) Punch Loom

Introduction

Warning: Awful English Below

Hey!, So I decided to make a team based around my favourite set of one of my favourite Pokémon, which is SubPunch Breloom.
This team is quite fun too use, even tho it has quite some flaws, it can perform quite well (I managed to climb to 1500 in the ladder by only using this team, but I don't have proof... maybe next time)

Teambuilding Process

I started with the star of the team, SubPunchLoom.

When I think about Breelom checks and counters, I always think of Talonflame, Venusaur, Amoonguss, etc. That's why I picked Offensive Heatran with SE.

To complete the F/W/G core, I picked CM Manaphy.
Defensive Manaphy does well against stuff like Azumarill, Gliscor, Landorus, Offensive Garchomp, Gyarados and Altaria, that can be problematic for Loom+Tran.
Also, CM Manaphy is super fun to use XD

These three by Thundurus, Manectric and other electric types, so I added AV Raikou to help me with that.

I wanted a Choice Scarf user and a spinner, so why not both?
ScarfDrill fitted well.

So, I wasn't sure what Mega Pokémon use as my 6th Pokémon, so I added Wallbreaker Pidgeot because... reasons...

After some battles I noticed that I have nothing to hurt Bulky Psychic types and Ghost types, which are problematic for a Pokémon that relies in hitting a Fighting Type move, that's why I added Weavile replacing Excadrill.

At this point, I realised that I really missed ScarfDrill, but I really wanted Weavile in my team.
"Hey, what if I replace Pidgeot for Excadrill and Raikou for Mega Manectric"
And that's is how the team was born.

The Team

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb/Facade
- Substitute
- Spore

Focus Punch is this team's signature move, Seed Bomb is a good secondary STAB, while Facade is a good option against Poison types that wall Breloom (like Amoonguss and Mega Venusaur). Substitute comboes with Focus Punch, and Spore is Spore (duh).
12 HP to improve Poison Heal, Max Speed and the rest in attack.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is my Stealth Rocker, Lava Plume is Fire STAB + nice chance to burn, Earth Power gives coverage and hits oppposing Heatran, Stone Miss Edge hits Talon and Zard Y.
Air Ballon allows Heatran to check EQ Zard X, Apicot Berry Talonflame, Excadrill and opposing Heatran (Only for one use tho).
Timid Max Speed allows Heatran to outspeed Defensive Lando, TankChomp, 70 Base Speed mons, while having a huge amount of SpAtk

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Rain Dance

CM Manaphy is awesome, with some boosts under his belt this thing can destroy anything that is not called Water Absorb Seismitoad (Breloom says hi), Scald may burn physical attackers, Rain Dance + Rest + Hydration gives him insta full health the EVs are pretty standard, 16 Spe allows him to outspeed Adamant 70 base speed mons, while the rest goes into defensive bulk.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

This one is pretty obvious, isn't it?
EQ hits stuff
Iron Head hits other stuff
Rock Slide hits Flying stuff that is inmune to EQ
Rapid Spin doesn't hit stuff, but takes away stuff form the field
Jolly Max Speed to outspeed Adamant Zard X, Jolly Altaria, Scarf Hoopa and Mega Zam

Lets move on

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Weavile AKA the Lati Killer
Knock Off for STAB damage + utility (#TeamKnockOff)
Icicle Crash for Ice STAB, Pursit traps Ghost and Psychics Types that gives Breloom problems, Ice Shard is for Priority.
Jolly Max Speed to outspeed everything, while max speed + LO is to maximize damage output

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The Mega of Choice, Manectric
T-Bolt for STAB, Volt Switch gives momentum, and can be awesome to give a safe switch to Breloom or Manaphy, Overheat kills Scizor and Ferro, while HP Ice is for coverage.
Max Speed to tie with M-Loppuny and outspeed Weavile and Zam.

Importable
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Substitute
- Spore

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Rain Dance

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Conclusion

Overall, this team is really fun to use, but has some mayor problems against opposing Ground and Fighting attackers, and Zard Y. I have tried to fix these probems by adding Mega Latias, Scarf Latios, and Scarf Landorus-T to the team, but they don't work as well as the original team did.
(I was thinking about replacing Weavile for Scarf T-Tar and changin ScarfDrill to Air Ballon SandDrill, it doesn't helps with my Fighting type probem, but helps with the Ground Weakness, and gives me a better answer to
Zard X)

Anyways, thanks for reading and take care Ü

Last edited:
Hi!

Your team has no switch ins to strong fighting types, or to Keldeo, both of which are extremely dangerous threats to your team. I would thus suggest changing Manaphy to Slowbro. I know that it looks as though I am suggesting a Pokemon that loses momentum for your team, but between Regenerator and the ability to potentially status any switch ins, Slowbro is actually very difficult in practice for an opponent to take advantage of. It also gives you another win-condition for your team to build off.

Your team also seems pretty weak to opposing Breloom, which your team with 3 fighting weaknesses cannot really afford to give a free turn to. As such, I suggest that you give Chople Berry Heatran a try, which helps it deal with Tyranitar, and giving it the ability to tank Breloom Mach Punches and weaker Keldeo Secret Swords. It also helps with Low Kick Weavile, as well as Hammer Arm Mega Metagross. It does slightly increase your weakness to Excadrill, but Air Balloon is also a one-use item and cannot qualify as an Excadrill check, and Slowbro + Breloom could potentially help with that.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Focus Punch

I would also change your Breloom set to this one, which gives it priority to revenge Sand teams, as well as let you retain Focus Punch. You hit Focus Punch by being really real (or Spore and Focus Punch). A typical turn with Substitute + Spore, as you have, goes like this: 1. You spore the opponent's sleep fodder 2. They switch, you set up Substitute 3. They break sub, you punch. However, with this set, you remove the intermediate turn: 1. You spore the opponent's sleep fodder 2. They switch, you punch. The end result is the same, but you save 25% HP, and have an additional moveslot. I've used this set quite often myself, and it works pretty well for me. I'm sorry for removing Substitute but I think your weakness to Sand is really pretty glaring.

Chople Berry Heatran would run an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Timid, as well as Taunt over Stone Edge. Slowbro is probably the best switch-in to Talonflame, and Taunt helps you take on stall teams, and fatter builds in general, which replacing Manaphy makes you quite a bit weaker to, but I think Focus Punch Breloom should be able to do a large number to them.

29 HP IVs on Weavile as it hits a Life Orb Number then. Your import also has Poison Jab on it, which you should definitely replace with Pursuit. Have fun!

Hi!

Your team has no switch ins to strong fighting types, or to Keldeo, both of which are extremely dangerous threats to your team. I would thus suggest changing Manaphy to Slowbro. I know that it looks as though I am suggesting a Pokemon that loses momentum for your team, but between Regenerator and the ability to potentially status any switch ins, Slowbro is actually very difficult in practice for an opponent to take advantage of. It also gives you another win-condition for your team to build off.

Your team also seems pretty weak to opposing Breloom, which your team with 3 fighting weaknesses cannot really afford to give a free turn to. As such, I suggest that you give Chople Berry Heatran a try, which helps it deal with Tyranitar, and giving it the ability to tank Breloom Mach Punches and weaker Keldeo Secret Swords. It also helps with Low Kick Weavile, as well as Hammer Arm Mega Metagross. It does slightly increase your weakness to Excadrill, but Air Balloon is also a one-use item and cannot qualify as an Excadrill check, and Slowbro + Breloom could potentially help with that.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Focus Punch

I would also change your Breloom set to this one, which gives it priority to revenge Sand teams, as well as let you retain Focus Punch. You hit Focus Punch by being really real (or Spore and Focus Punch). A typical turn with Substitute + Spore, as you have, goes like this: 1. You spore the opponent's sleep fodder 2. They switch, you set up Substitute 3. They break sub, you punch. However, with this set, you remove the intermediate turn: 1. You spore the opponent's sleep fodder 2. They switch, you punch. The end result is the same, but you save 25% HP, and have an additional moveslot. I've used this set quite often myself, and it works pretty well for me. I'm sorry for removing Substitute but I think your weakness to Sand is really pretty glaring.

Chople Berry Heatran would run an EV spread of 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Timid, as well as Taunt over Stone Edge. Slowbro is probably the best switch-in to Talonflame, and Taunt helps you take on stall teams, and fatter builds in general, which replacing Manaphy makes you quite a bit weaker to, but I think Focus Punch Breloom should be able to do a large number to them.

29 HP IVs on Weavile as it hits a Life Orb Number then. Your import also has Poison Jab on it, which you should definitely replace with Pursuit. Have fun!
Thanks for replying

I like how it sounds Slowbro in this team, even tho I'm going to miss CM Manaphy... maybe in other team...
Anyways,what set do you suggest?

About Chople Berry Heatran... i'm not entirely sure about this one, so far, have found more situations where Balloon is more usefull than Chople rather Chople being better than Balloon, but I will give it try anyways to see how it goes

I'm definetly giving a try to your Breloom set, even tho having status inmunity was cool

I will see how Taunt over SE works, seems like a good idea

Finally, yep, I messed up the IVs and moves in the importable and sets XD, I will fix them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)