Announcement On the Radar: Rebooted (HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
finch radar.png

The SV OU Forum team has recently been in communication regarding the trajectory of SV OU. The OU Metagame Discussion has been in turmoil since the start of the generation, with big names making their voices heard amidst the chaos that is CG OU. Frankly, I find this absurd. With all of the Chi-Yus, Flutter Manes, and Palafins that have been locked behind OUBL since the start of the generation, we have seen an absurd uptick of bulkier structures, especially in SPL, since the start of the generation. This trend has only continued into the Teal Mask and Indigio Disk metagames. I mean... come on; Muk and Wo-Chien being ranked in the OU Viability Rankings as of the latest slate? Why is this happening?! Well, angry Smogon Forum user, question no more. There is only one person to blame for this: Finchinator, the lord of Big Stall™.

Finchinator's Effect on the Tier

Anybody who is familiar with the competitive Pokemon landscape should surely recognize this name, VGC player or not. With his stupid chicken wing posts, plotting to ban all of the good Pokemon in OU. I mean, what is this?

1712002956228.png

Finchinator has definitely said this and no editing has been done to this disgusting screenshot whatsoever. I can't believe this, can you?! How else are we going to have an insanely centralized tier full of my favorite Pokemon that have been banned to Ubers? He's clearly trying to elevate Toxapex to the top and just has a crippling unjustified hatred toward my favorite Pokemon Iron Bundle who is really fair. Come on, it dies to literally any Special Attack. Clearly this is the agenda of someone who wants to take over Smogon singles. All games will have the same 6 Pokemon which is lame and unfun, even though that makes literally no sense, but I'm saying it in an official announcement post so you have to listen to me because my opinion as a professional 1043 ELO player on the OU Ladder is the most credible piece of evidence toward my incisive wit and skill.

Our Plan

That's why we, the OU Forum staff, are going to replace Finchinator. That's right. As soon as the clock strikes midnight at 12:00 AM EST, 4/2/24, we are going to unban EVERYTHING!!!! This tier will be great, and really fun I think. We are the cooler Finchinator, obviously, so we are stealing his stupid Profile picture and taking his place. And to prove how highly intellectual this plan is, I'm going to elaborate further on this plan by putting a pastebin link in hexidecimal, so only the elite gamers can fathom how insanely good our plan is...

61 70 72 69 6c 20 66 6f 6f 6c 73 20 6c 6f 6c

252+ Atk OU Forum Ban Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Finchinator: 52912-62256 (481018.1 - 565963.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
DOWN WITH THE OU MONARCHY!!!!!

FayaWizard

Amnesia
is an official Team Rater
Finally, the OU council is taking action against this clearly overcentralizing presence in the tier. What has every tiering decision been shaped by? That's right, Finchinator. Well, today's the day his reign of terror is over. Now it's the time for a new OU to rise from the ashes, one by the people and for the people, not run by a shadowy council behind the scenes, but by the populace of OU Discussion Thread. Viva la Revolución!

bumboclaat

Primal Groudon used Overheat
is a Pre-Contributor
How did you make this so fast?!
The other day I wanted to make a joke about R8's profile picture for Easter and could only find one format for breaking news and the title / chiron I wanted to use didn't fit in there so I found a template for a newspaper, but it looked a little sparse for a front page with one story. Decided to fill it up with other stuff because I don't half ass things unlike Finch's loyalty to Big Stall. Just really a happy coincidence really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 11)