Official Smogon Tournament XX - Round 4-B (REPLAYS REQUIRED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling act, Opponent missed the scheduled time and they can't play 2mrw. They claim to have messaged me on showdown but that was definitely after at-least 30 mins after scheduled time at which point I was not waiting for them and working. They did not message me on the place where we established communication and scheduled (my wall), when they claim to have messaged me.

Last edited:

Punny

but I knew you
is a Tiering Contributoris the 10th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Calling act, Opponent missed the scheduled time and they can't play 2mrw. They claim to have messaged me on showdown but that was definitely after at-least 30 mins after scheduled time at which point I was not waiting for them and working. They did not message me on the place where we established communication and scheduled (my wall), when they claim to have messaged me.
this is untrue, as I dmd them 20 minutes after and got no response for almost 3 hours, leaving screenshot here.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 alle 19.34.01.png

I even proposed to do extension after waiitng this much time and the dude even lies saying he cannot do extension just to get the act. Calling activity

edit: schedule was 9pm gmt +5.5, so my 4:30 as I am +1, so I did contact before 30 mins were up, the dude is just straight up lying.

this is untrue, as I dmd them 20 minutes after and got no response for almost 3 hours, leaving screenshot here.

View attachment 607814

I even proposed to do extension after waiitng this much time and the dude even lies saying he cannot do extension just to get the act. Calling activity

edit: schedule was 9pm gmt +5.5, so my 4:30 as I am +1, so I did contact before 30 mins were up, the dude is just straight up lying.
I have no idea on how I could /ended up missing your msg. But let’s say I was being hasty/blind . I still only had to wait for 15 mins from the scheduled time for you to show up. And so you show up 21 minutes late and then decide to not even inform me on the place we established the scheduling to let me know that you were late and can play now. What is the point of you waiting for hours when I have no idea you were even able to play today. And an experienced tour player not following the basic scheduling guidelines in an official tour Is very surprising and suspicious.

And how do you just assume that I am lying when I said it would be very difficult for me to play during the extension? I have legitimate reasons for it and I can share it with the Host if required. But it shouldn’t even come to that,
*You missed the scheduled time
*Show up later and then neither apologise and reschedule nor inform me that you can play now
*Can’t play on a Sunday
*Claim that I am lying about my availability for the next week with no proof
*Claim an act win despite all your mistakes
*Expect me to play on my hectic weekdays despite your entitled attitude

As they say being nice only gets you into unwarranted situations, should have just claimed an easy act win at 9:15 pm instead of waiting to get the game done this weekend.and
I am not an act fisher, even my previous round opponent missed the scheduled time but I rescheduled. But your attitude of entitlement absolutely makes me not want to reschedule even if I could.

Last edited:

Punny

but I knew you
is a Tiering Contributoris the 10th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
I have no idea on how I could /ended up missing your msg. But let’s say I was being hasty/blind . I still only had to wait for 15 mins from the scheduled time for you to show up. And so you show up 21 minutes late and then decide to not even inform me on the place we established the scheduling to let me know that you were late and can play now. What is the point of you waiting for hours when I have no idea you were even able to play today. And an experienced tour player not following the basic scheduling guidelines in an official tour Is very surprising and suspicious.

And how do you just assume that I am lying when I said it would be very difficult for me to play during the extension? I have legitimate reasons for it and I can share it with the Host if required. But it shouldn’t even come to that,
*You missed the scheduled time
*Show up later and then neither apologise and reschedule nor inform me that you can play now
*Can’t play on a Sunday
*Claim that I am lying about my availability for the next week with no proof
*Claim an act win despite all your mistakes
*Expect me to play on my hectic weekdays despite your entitled attitude

As they say being nice only gets you into unwarranted situations, should have just claimed an easy act win at 9:15 pm instead of waiting to get the game done this weekend.and
I am not an act fisher, even my previous round opponent missed the scheduled time but I rescheduled. But your attitude of entitlement absolutely makes me not want to reschedule even if I could.
And how do you explain you being online for HOURS on showdown before wanting to call act? You could've gone away and wrote me a dm on smogon, but you didnt. You said you were online, I got there a little late, dmd you, and either you saw and are faking all of this or didnt care to check back even if you were on your pc for hours. So you could have played at the time, you just didnt care enough, and also dont care to get it done now either because you didnt even try to find a time on three possible days of extension or try to find if I even had 10 minutes today to play. I think this type of behavior rly shows that you just want to avoid the games and get the act

I fail to understand where and how this is remotely close to fishing and I find it sad that people are calling out Toast for doing what is correct according to the tournament guidelines.

The tournament scheduling guidelines are crystal clear. Toast waited more than 15 minutes and even when the contact was made it wasn't via the same medium which was used to schedule.

Screenshot_20240225-175436_Chrome.jpg

FFK

formerly Foufakirby
is a Tiering Contributor
I fail to understand where and how this is remotely close to fishing and I find it sad that people are calling out Toast for doing what is correct according to the tournament guidelines.

The tournament scheduling guidelines are crystal clear. Toast waited more than 15 minutes and even when the contact was made it wasn't via the same medium which was used to schedule.

View attachment 608225
It’s not a question of is it allowed or not, but since Punny was only 20 minutes late and Toasted was still online for hours, we can assume that he was still able to play, activity wins rules are made to prevent players from abusing someone’s availabilities, not to abuse the rule in itself

Last edited:

Niko

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender

View attachment 608225
This is not the first time this is debated, it's not about the guidelines it's about the community self-moderating scenarios that, while correctly administrated according to the rules, are very bad looking. People getting annoyed at his behaviour doesn't mean he won't get the activity win, it just means people is recognizing the bad faith.

Punny

but I knew you
World Defender
it’s not just about bad faith, because if you wait for 15 minutes and call act you’re supposed to do it because you cannot play. If you stay online for 3 hours and not answer this means you can play, you just don’t want to

Play the game man ToastedBunzzz02. People like you ruin this game. It’s a game we play for fun so might as well let it stay like that. This is bad looks
Unfortunately unlike you glazers I have my own identity and that is why I refuse to reschedule with people who are being deceitful, where they tried to spin off their mistake as my fault and then have the audacity to claim an act win for them. If you miss the scheduled time but you are being apologetic about it with a genuine reason and ask to reschedule i will try to make it happen, coz I understand it happens to all of us sometime and it sucks to loose by act. I have rescheduled plenty of times in the past including the last round

But that is the person deciding to be nice and should not be the expected norm in smogon. Rules exist for a reason.

I don't know if you guys are being purposefully dense or what but I did not call act till Punny finally dm'ed me on smogon where he tried to spin it off as my fault for not responding to his messages. And it is clear they were not being genuine because you can't possibly tell me that after messaging me on showdown 20 mins after scheduled time ,saw that I was not responding to their messages, for 3 hrs they did not think of once to message me on where we made contact. To me and anyone without biases it is obvious that he was worried about potentially losing via an act call and decided to try spinning it off as my fault for not responding to their messages

I'll make it clear i had showdown on the other tab but since i had nothing to do there and had no idea to know if my opponent would turn up at all I was obviously not looking at it. If i wanted to just take an act win I would have just left showdown and claimed act like everybody else does.

My case for the act win here is simple. Punny missed the scheduled time and did not check in via the same medium they used to reschedule when they were online later, so there was no way for me to know they were ready to play. Also just because I was online on Pokemon showdown that time doesn't mean I was active. I did not play any games or message any person or in any chats during the 3hrs my opponent claimed to have waited, so It was not evading the game in bad faith it just means I don't ever auto log out and had no reason to check for their activity as I had no reason to believe they would show up that day

Last edited:

Punny

but I knew you
World Defender
Unfortunately unlike you glazers I have my own identity and that is why I refuse to reschedule with people who are being deceitful, where they tried to spin off their mistake as my fault and then have the audacity to claim an act win for them. If you miss the scheduled time but you are being apologetic about it with a genuine reason and ask to reschedule i will try to make it happen, coz I understand it happens to all of us sometime and it sucks to loose by act. I have rescheduled plenty of times in the past including the last round

But that is the person deciding to be nice and should not be the expected norm in smogon. Rules exist for a reason.

I don't know if you guys are being purposefully dense or what but I did not call act till Punny finally dm'ed me on smogon where he tried to spin it off as my fault for not responding to his messages. And it is clear they were not being genuine because you can't possibly tell me that after messaging me on showdown 20 mins after scheduled time ,saw that I was not responding to their messages, for 3 hrs they did not think of once to message me on where we made contact. To me and anyone without biases it is obvious that he was worried about potentially losing via an act call and decided to try spinning it off as my fault for not responding to their messages

I'll make it clear i had showdown on the other tab but since i had nothing to do there and had no idea to know if my opponent would turn up at all I was obviously not looking at it. If i wanted to just take an act win I would have just left showdown and claimed act like everybody else does.

My case for the act win here is simple. Punny missed the scheduled time and did not check in via the same medium they used to reschedule when they were online later, so there was no way for me to know they were ready to play. Also just because I was online on Pokemon showdown that time doesn't mean I was active. I did not play any games or message any person or in any chats during the 3hrs my opponent claimed to have waited, so It was not evading the game in bad faith it just means I don't ever auto log out and had no reason to check for their activity as I had no reason to believe they would show up that day
“No way for me to know they were ready to play”. Are you serious? You were on your pc on the simulator where you are supposed to play, quite literally. And you could not check that? How’s it supposed to be any different lol, showdown even highlights when you have a dm, it turns slightly orange instead of gray, so please stop lying because you did not dm me to reschedule whatsoever, because you wanted to get act immediately, while I dmd you to reschedule and tried to give you more than one day (Monday, Tuesday and possibly wed) while you gave no times but “im gonna call act”. This clearly shows that one of us wants to play the game while the other just wants the free win

As long as you have the time to write so much text, you have the time to play the series, so go on.

I ain’t reading all that but I ain’t glazing no one. You wrote so much mate, surely you got enough time on your plate :p

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Requesting 1 day extension. Entirely on me: we scheduled for today, but I have a bad headache and I just got back from a long trip. He agreed to play me tomorrow night. Thanks to Floss and the hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)