Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

oj mayo is legit man he's definitely one of the best players Dirk has ever played with and certainly the best wing.

.500 without your superstar is a pretty good clip imo. when Dirk comes back, everyone gets pushed back a notch in the pecking order. Fisher or Collison/Brand/Wright/Carter/Dahntay Jones is a good bench and Dirk/Mayo is a much better offensive combo in my opinion than Dirk/Terry.

defensively, it remains to be seen how Dirk's size and length will integrate with the big guys we have. as far as perimeter defense, Vince Carter is much improved in that aspect of his game and Shawn Marion is always good. Dahntay Jones is another solid defender. Darren Collison and Mayo are at least quick enough to keep guys in front of them, though not great defenders in their own right. this Mavs team has much better inside scoring than ever before with Kaman and Brand and I would argue much better perimeter scoring as well with Mayo being much more multifaceted offensively than Jason Terry was.

this team -has- been prone to just giving up and rebounding issues are a serious problem, but with Dirk's size and leadership, the rebounding and will to succeed should improve when he comes back.

potential chemistry issues aside, this team should be much better once Dirk comes back. certainly not as good as OKC, Miami, etc., but still good.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
About the Lakers/Thunder game, even though the Lakers lost only by 6 they were getting blown out by 15-20 point about most of the game. Hell with like 2 minutes left in the game they were losing by 12, at that point the game was obviously over so of course the Thunder would slack off in those final 2 minutes.

'Twas a nice game the other day (LAL vs OKC) but pretty insignificant. OKC obviously brought their A game, but still dunno how would the Lakers perform offensively with Nash. Defensively, I think this is their peak (mediocre at best). They're just that old.

And yeah, Westbrook killed the Lakers, and I think he always will even if Nash returns. He's been doing this to LA since the 2010 playoffs, and nobody can guard him one-on-one.

Durant will always be Durant.

Lakers @ 9-12... Dunno if I'm wrong, but I think this was Lakers record back in 2004 thru first 21 games when Malone and Python joined Shaq and Kobe, which eventually headed into the Finals (but lost to Pistons). /false hope

I want to see Gabe try to write a book about the Lakers not being that bad now. How do you lose at home to the Jazz? Can anyone here even name a player on that team besides the big dudes (Jefferson, Millsap, Favors)?

Steve Nash is going to come back in like three weeks and lead the Lakers to an undefeated run to close out the season. Then the Lakers will lose in the first round of the Playoffs.

Eventually the Warriors upset the Spurs in 7 and win the 'ship.

How has it reached a new level of anything? The Lakers were 2-6 on the road (one game was Clippers), another loss is not surprising. To any team. The Bobcats would be 50/50 against the Lakers on the road.

Cleveland isn't shit.

Oh Kobe scored 40+? Auto-loss.
A couple years back i always found this stat weird... Then i watched Westbrook play.

How has it reached a new level of anything? The Lakers were 2-6 on the road (one game was Clippers), another loss is not surprising. To any team. The Bobcats would be 50/50 against the Lakers on the road.
lol

The reason why i don't enjoy any of this Lakers suckitude is because it won't matter if they put it all together come April. Unlike others i know how long the season is and realistically the Lakers won't miss the playoffs(which imo is enough, forgetting the whole "either your first or your last" mentality Laker fans have).

It's just extremely irritating to watch right now. Just play adequate basketball for 36 minutes a game and were good. *sigh* And nobody can point the finger at Kobe this year. He's playing his best ball in years but it's not enough to carry a team anymore. He needs a reliable 2 and apparently Howard isn't ready to be serious about it yet, so it'll have to be Nash as long as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)