Offensive hail team

At a Glance:

I don't really play much, but wanted to make a more offensively oriented hail team, and ended up w/ this. Big emphasis on speed. Every poke is either scarf, or has a priority attack. Stealth rocks+hail helps turn attacks into 2hkos and kill stuff. Used for either ladder.

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
Snow Warning
252 Spd/252 SAtk/4 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Blizzard
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Shadow Ball
Leads out w/ hail to get rid of sashes. Even w/ the scarf, it only hits 360 speed, and will be slower than other leads. Still, I am using this special oriented scarf abomasnow to outspeed and kill a lot. The 2 stab attacks are the main attacks, grass/ice has decent coverage. HP ground is for predicted heatran switch-ins, and shadow ball is for gengar (I outspeed non scarf versions).
This guy just hits fast, and sets up hail, which is really important to the team.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Snow Cloak
252 Atk/236 Spd/20 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stone EdgeThe main offensive guy of the team. Naive nature to hit 280 speed to go faster than adamant lucario, and hit w/ earthquake. 20Satk lets me kill skarm, and the rest is into attack. Pretty standard mamoswine.
This guy is one of my main offensive guys
. Revenge killer as well w/ ice shard.

Hitmontop @ Life Orb

Technician
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
Technician hitmontop from the analysis...this has been kinda questionable. Life orb+hail means that it gets worn down over time pretty fast. Still, it does a lot of damage and fast w/ priority moves for the time that it does last. It's been doing well so far, and has helped me against other offensive pokemon, but I always lose to more defensive stuff. Thinking about replacing this w/ something.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)

- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Standard scarftran. Keeps me from otherwise getting completely raped by fire pokes.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Clear Body
208 HP/76 Atk/224 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Bullet Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
Support gross from the analysis. Sets up stealth rocks which is crucial, while still hitting kinda hard, and being able to revenge kill w/ bullet punch.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
scarf gar+hypnosis which has been amazing so far. 500+ speed and can stop setup pokes from sweeping, pretty standard also

Threatlist:
Uh as far as threats go, I try to be the one on the offensive usually, none of my pokes are really good defensively, have to rely on immunities and resists, or revenge kill serious threats. Some pokes I have troubles w/:
gengar: I have no sleep absorber, depending on the version of it, I have to counter w/ gross/my gengar/abomasnow. gengar/aboma can deal w/ slower ones w/ shadow ball. Gross can kinda revenge kill it after something has been slept.
Tyranitar: Pain for my gengar...hitmontop/mamoswine can switch in fairly safely and threaten it. All my pokes have some super effective atk and can go faster. Just can't switch into ttar well.
Gyarados: gengar mainly
Infernape: this guy comes in on a choice attack, and hits everything on my team super effective, I have to rely on speed to beat it. Have had a litle trouble w/ it, but I can usually use faster attacks+hail to wear it down.
Heracross: gengar mainly, have to predict w/ this guy, and I'm usually faster, scarf cross kinda a problem though.
Azelf: psychic/flamethrower combo hurts, heatran is main switchin.
Togekiss: idk, this guy basically rapes the team
Raikou: I am in trouble when it has a sub up, have to rely on speed, but I fail to kill w/ a lot of stuff. Hail kinda hurts it on subbing at least.
Weavile: can rape my gengar if it's on a choice attack. Metagross switches in decently, and I can revenge kill it pretty well.
Jolteon: fast earthpower and priority attacks to win, gross matches up decently when it isn't hurt yet.
Zapdos: the roost ones keep raping, I can kill w/ blizzard/stone edge, but it's risky to switch into.
Metagross: can be trouble for my gengar, especially the pursuit ones designed to kill it. The agility ones that can outspeed timid scarftran also give me problems, as it basically rapes everything after 1 agil, cept gengar who can only revenge kill.
Heatran: I have to predict well to kill this guy...my team has a pretty big fire weak.
Celebi: heatran is my switchin usually, but this guy is annoying.

Really though the defensive stuff that wear things out are the most trouble. defCress/bliss really give my team a hard time, and toxic spikes+stall in general too rape me, since nothing I have can stat up, or hit extremely hard.

Three scarfers isn't a good idea

Drop at least one...

Also, get another pokemon that can benefit from hail (Weavile is a good option, one of the best revenge killers in the game)

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I... really don't see the point of Hail in your team. TTar would work much better with your set up, really. I mean, the only thing that benefits from hail is pretty much Abomasnow and Mamoswine and it hurts everything else so I really don't see much benefit from it. If you're really that intent on setting up Hail, then this entire team needs to be reworked, which I really dont' find the point of.

Instead, lets get rid of sash with Sandstorm instead. Lets run Tyranitar over Abomasnow, which is cool since there is a nifty TTar set that counters most of the popular leads (check the analysis).

The biggest issue I see with this is that you really have to rely on revenge killing to eliminate threats - which is too unstable. So, let us run something like Gyarados over Hipmontop - so that you can deal with certain choice threats like other enemy Gyarados and Infernape. Hipmontop will be revenge killing *anyway* - something heatran and gengar should be doing since they have scarfs anyway - because other wise its just asking for an early death with LO + Sandstorm with the predictable fake outs which will likely be walled.

I don't think this is really a hail team... You have Abomnasnow and snow veil whater its called on mamo. Other than that, it just hurts your team. Its well made though. Consider that this team is easily walled. Hope you have sucess with it.

Overall:
to have 3 scarfs can make ur oponent to outpredict you easily. for an offensive team Speed is crucial, but also versatility.

Poke by Poke:
Abomasnow - make him mixed o.o! aboma counts with Earthquake, which will do much more to all pokes INCLUDING heatran.
I would take the Scarf out of him, and make him an standart abomasnow with Ice Shard which gives him that boost of "speed"
Earthquake and shadow ball would not be of much use if abomasnow is not scarfed, so you can use Protect or substitute or even leech seed.
you may keep the scarf on him and try it mixed
Mamoswine - its ok.
Hitmontop - this pokemon should be replaced by Machamp. the advantage of hitmontop (ive used him myself) is that he can really take out significant damage from frail pokemons thanks to all his priority moves.
the bad thing is that when fighting with a wall, or a pokemon with a recovery move he just fails at it. And well, in your team, you add hail to the poor hitmontop, which makes it almost impossible for him to get him in a "switch in"
Machamp is a more defensively oriented pokemon, but also has good attack. he counts with Bullet Punch if you are really pasionate about priority moves & stuff.
he also manages to help you as a sort of defensive wall. his spread should be 252 hp / 252 atk / 6 SpD or Spe
Attacks that you can choose from are: Dynamicpunch, Bulk Up, Bullet Punch, Ice Punch and Payback.
Heatran: he is perfect, even keep the Scarf on him.
Metagross: just adding more hinderings to the team. Add instead Salamence or Garchomp even Dragonite if you want to.
They can all set up rocks, Give More resistances to the team and they dont really add up hinderings, cuz ice and dragon are covered.
Salamence and Dragonite also are immune to Tspikes, Spikes and Ground Attacks.
The set of the pokes is up to you. Salamence can be Specser but you already have too many choicers just throwing that out there.
Gengar: well this lovely ghost is an awesome scarfer i must agree, it depends on wether you prefer Abomasnow or Gengar as Scarfers, but to my personal opinion i would leave that choice to gengar, cuz he outspeeds tecnically everything. he is awesome as revenge killer and stuff.

Conclusion.
as i said in the abomasnow description, try him scarfed and mixed with all the others scarfers and decide to your criteria either if you feel comfortable with the 3 scarfers (which can be surprising for some players, and help you. or used to favor the other player).
to my opinion 3 choicers is too much. but the diversity of em is kinda kewl, so try it out.

i hope it works out for you :D!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)