OFFENSE

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The Quintessence Of Effective Offence.
An OU Bulky Offense Rate My Team.

Hello Everybody :)!
Lets cut straight to the chase. For almost my entire career i played on an offensive style of the metagame. Preferably Bulky Offence. I have just recently switched to Balance or sometimes known as "semi-stall".

Anyways this i would say was my most succesful team bring me to number 38 on the standard leaderboard a while back. I finally decided to post an RMT for it to see if i could improve on it in case i use it again.

Now for the team. I really love Salamence. He is the number most destructive sweeper in the metagame to date. With proper support, which isnt hard to have, he is an unstoppable force. Why not base this team around him?

Once i had decided this i needed to get on with the rest of the team.

Then i needed a good partner to with mence that could also sweep. Jirachi is the perfect match. He has perfect typing taking ice and dragon type hits and mence takes hits for him. Jirachi becomes the secondary sweeper.

Now i thought about all the threats that bothered me and luke and mence come to mind. I really wanted stealth rocks on this team and i figures pert was a good addition to the team.

Now i notice Things suchs as starmie, rotom and latias could give me problems if they can set up on me so i decided need a pursuiter. Preferably a bulky one. So i chose scizor and good check to both threats.

Basically my team is good right now, but we all know what mence hates most. Stealth Rocks. I needed a spinner. I chose Starmie. Starmie is by far the best rapid spinner in the game as far as im concerned. He gives me a fast special sweeper with good type coverage with rapid spin. plus a good fire resist.

Lastly i wanted to get rid of opposing steels such as scizor that could threaten mences sweep. At this point magnezone seems to fit in well.​

One Last Look:

Through The MicroScope:

The Front Line:

Ability: Torrent
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Moveset:
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Protect

Pert oh Pert. I do like Pert. He is so good at doing his job. He almost always lays me down rocks (save against roserade) and serves as a great scout and bulky threat. He is my most reliable DD mence check taking +1 outrages and icebeaming for the kill. Probably my favorite lead.
Synergy:
-Grass: Magnezone, Scizor.
The Utility:

Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
Evs:136 HP/ 156 Def/ 216 Spd
Moveset:
-Rapid Spin
-hydro pump
-Thunderbolt
-Recover / Ice Beam / Grass Knot

Ahhh Starmie. Gets rid of entry hazards, cleans house, and is all around win. He has been a reliable Addition to this team worth of the name "utility". Starmie can come in on many things and pull off a KO. At first the main purpose of him was to spin away stealth rocks for mence, but i have come to find that he sweeps at times before i even need mence.
Synergy:
-Electric - Swampert
-Ghost - Scizor, Magnezone.
-Bug - Scizor, Magnezone, Swampert,
-Dark - Scizor, Magnezone,
-Grass - Scizor, Magnezone,​

The SteelKiller:

Ability: Magnet Pull
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Naive
Evs: 4hp/ 252 spA/ 252 spe
Moveset:
-Thunderbolt
-Hp [Grass]
-Explosion
-Flash Cannon

This guy serves as many things. Mainly he three things this team hates. Scizor, Pert, Blissey. I dont intend for magnzone to be a poke that i carry late into the game or that i have sweeps with. I just want him to get rid of things that stop my team. Obviously hp grass pert , tbolt scizor , explosion pert.
Synergy:
Fire - Swampert, Starmie, Salamence
Ground - Swampert, Salamence
The Trap:

Ability: Technician
Item: Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 200 hp/ 56 atk/ 252 spDEF
Moveset
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Uturn
-Superpower

Scizor is a great addtion to this team. Hes serves as the perfect scout for this team and adds priorty. Not to mention he completly cripples latias, starmie, and rotom. Superpower can be used to hit blissey at times. I choose a bulkier set of EVs because i want to be able to take more than one or two hits from latias and starmie so i can effectivly take care of one of both.
Synergy:
Fire - Swampert, Starmie, Salamence
The SideKick:

Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 spe
Moveset:
-Thunderbolt
-Pyschic
-Calm Mind
-Wish

Undenably the best set i have ever used for jirachi ever. This thing is a tank. It takes an eq fron +1 gyarados and shrugs it off. I almost feel like he has swept as much as Mence for this team. My main goal is to catch pokes that are locked into moves, such as flygon, scizor, or pokes that jirachi can beat. Cresseila seems to be one of those. I just get as many Calm Minds as i need and wish in between to restore health. Simple as that. Thing is a tank.
Synergy:
Fire - Swampert, Salamence, Starmie
Ground - Swampert, Salamence​

The Beast:

Ability: Intimidate
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Naughty
Evs: 232 atk/ 24 spA/252 spe
Moveset:
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-EarthQuake
-Fire Blast

Perfect Type Coverage, monsterous base offensive stats, and itoutspeeds all non scarfed pokes after one dragon dance. WHat else can a guy ask for? Salamence is the epitome of Offence. Once i have eliminated threats i sweep teams with complete ease. Normally i save him for late game when i know i shouldnt have trouble. By far the biggest star of this team. He gets me through every battle. Whether its to sacrifice himself or sweep for an easy win.
Synergy:
Ice - Swampert, Scizor, Jirachi, Magnezone, Starmie
Dragon - Scizor, Jirachi, Magnezone​
Rock - Jirachi, Scizor, Swampert, Magnezone​

Thanks for reading and for the rates :)!
Cheer!​

yond

mitt game strong
Threat List Stolen Fron Stevos Thread.
Bear in mind this is all based on before my mence sweep.
Threat list
Defensive Threats
Blissey - If Scizor or Magnezone fail to take care of his hits up to Jirachi to CM up then pyschic to kill.
Umbreon - Scizor takes care of him
Bronzong - Magnezone.
Celebi - Scizor and Magnezone take care of him nicely.
Cresselia - Jirachi says hi to this guy.
Forretress - Magnezone.
Gliscor - Starmie Takes care of him, or pert, or magnzone.
Tentacruel - Magnezone, Starmie, Mences EQ says hi on the sweep. Jirachi also likes setting up on him.
Dusknoir - Scizor and Starmie combo make easy work of this.
Gyarados - Starmie. After one dd i bring in rachi to take an eq and tbolt for kill.
Hippowdon - Starmie.
Jirachi - Gotta be careful. Scarf variants fuck up mence sweep. If i play around him i can do well. this is when i lvoe having HP fire on magnezone. if my cm rachi has a cm or two up thunderbolt makes quick work of him
Rotom-A -He cause trouble at times. Scizor pursuits, then i normally go into starmie or magnezone depeding on the set.
Skarmory - Starmie, magnezone
Snorlax - This thing is a bitch. Super Power and Explosion are my only ways of beating curselax before mence sweep. If that fails im screwed.
Suicune - Another Bitch, but easier to handle. If i can get in early with starmie that does the trick. Otherwise i go to jirachi and have a cm stall war. normally i win since i carry tbolt.
Swampert - Grass Knot on starmie. If i dont have grass knot i have to play around him
Tyranitar - scizor
Vaporeon - rachi, starmie
Zapdos - Somewhat difficult. this is when i like icebeam on starmie.
Offensive Threats
Breloom - magnezones hp ice/fire can ohko this thing.
Gengar - Jirachi can handle gengar
Gyarados - Jirachi
Heatran - Pert
Dragonite - Starmie
Aerodactyl - Pert
Infernape - I have to play around him. normally get a safe switch into starmie of magnezone and ko. scarfs can cause trouble.
Jolteon - Another little pesk. Switch around to kill. If i get a cm or two up on jirachi im smooth sailing. Might have to bring in mence to take him on though.
Ninjask - Pert is my best option.
Porygon-z - i start hoping pert or magnezone will be enough. he is uncommon.
Rhyperior - pert mence
Smeargle - pert
Heracross - Mence intimdate, or pert again.
Latias - starmie ,scizor.
Kingdra - Mence, if he gets speed boosts i could be in trouble. but rachi can take a hit and wear him down and then pert cna come in and finsih things off.
Lucario - mence, pert.
Machamp - Mence, Pert.
Magnezone - Pert, Magnezone with hpfire.
Mamoswine - slightly diffcutlt. Bullet Punch says hello.
Metagross - Swampert. Mence.
Salamence- DD = Pert. Mixmence doesnt cause much trouble since i have starmie to revenge kill.
Electivire - Pert, mence.
Flygon - Pert ice beams for kill.
Togekiss - Swampert can take hits, but i prefer jirachi.
Weavile - scizor.
Scizor - magnezone
Starmie - magnzone
Tyranitar - pert, mence,scizor,magnezone.
Zapdos - Starmie, pert,
Alakazam - scizor

I understand the EV set that you have on Scizor; I used it too. However, I made an RMT and switched the ev's to 200HP/132ATK/176SP.DEF (sorry about text size, copied from my RMT.) It will survive two Max attack Latias Draco Meteors, which will easily make Scizor survive some puny Surfs. Salamence also has a rock type weakness, which you may want to add to your synergy list. I would go with Ice Beam over Grass Knot on Starmie for the perfect type coverage, otherwise, Latias and other Dragons will set up on Starmie. One concern about your team. Rotom-h, as I can see, cannot be Pursuit killed by Scizor, nor can Starmie effectively spin on any Rotom forms. To amend the Rotom-h problem, you may consider toxic on one of Starmie's moveslots to slowly wear it down.
Best of luck to you and your team!

The Problem -

I would like to take note on how Choice Specs Heatran can really mess up this team and strategy as a whole of being a Bulky Offense team - as STAB Fire Blast can 2HKO every Pokemon you have avaliable

Heatran isn't faster than what could be 2HKO'd alike Salamence and Starmie, however Heatran can still infect massive damage and switch back in when the time is right. Starmie is really your most reliable and sensible switch-in as Swampert has a chance to be 2HKO'd even at full HP and is out sped, while if Salamence switches in it will be weak enough while Dragon Dancing to be picked off easily by common priority moves or if you don't get a chance to Rapid Spin Stealth Rock. Starmie without recover cannot switch into Heatran more than twice and Swampert is not a reliable Pokemon to cover it as it has a role of Stealth Rocking early game, and it will almost always have some fraction of damage. Magnezone can barely 2HKO Heatran with Thunderbolt, and can only switch into two of Heatran's rarely used moves.

SpecsTran Fire Blast vs 4/0 Starmie:
591 Atk vs 206 Def & 261 HP (120 Base Power): 185 - 218 (70.88% - 83.52%)

SpecsTran Fire Blast vs 252/0 Swampert:
591 Atk vs 216 Def & 404 HP (120 Base Power): 176 - 207 (43.56% - 51.24%)

SpecsTran Fire Blast vs 0/0 -SpDef Salamence:
591 Atk vs 176 Def & 331 HP (120 Base Power): 216 - 255 (65.26% - 77.04%)

The Solutions -

What I would recommend would be Recover > Thunderbolt / Ice Beam on Starmie as Magnezone, Jirachi and Scizor take care of Salamence and Gyarados enough already. This will not entirely help the problem, but Starmie will gain a lot of HP back in the process and will ultimately find more times to switch-in.

Change Swampert's EV spread to 240 HP / 216 DEF / 52 SDEF as Swampert has enough defense to survive a +1 Outrage and hit back with Ice Beam while added on some special defense to help survive Specs Fire Blasts. Also, 52 SPA isn't needed much as Magnezone or Stealth Rock could easily pick Mence off.

Good luck with the team, everything else I see as pretty fine, however I didn't have a lot of time to rate it. Good luck!

This looks like a really solid team. I really like the idea with Jirachi and the EV spread there...I think a lot of people forget that it has base 100s in everything and really good defensive typing as well.

The only problem I see here is Breloom if you're not running HP Fire/Ice on your Magnezone. After a SubPunch set comes in and sets up a Substitute, Magnezone would be OHKO'd. Breloom could then own Swampert and Scizor and dent Salamence and Jirachi. Something to easily remedy this would be what bluewooper said: Use Ice Beam on Starmie instead of Grass Knot. You gain a lot more coverage against dragons and would tear down a Breloom Sub to pave the path for a Jirachi Psychic, for example.

Hope this helps

The SideKick:

Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 spe
Moveset:
-Thunderbolt
-Pyschic
-Calm Mind
-Wish

Undenably the best set i have ever used for jirachi ever. This thing is a tank. It takes an eq fron +1 gyarados and shrugs it off. I almost feel like he has swept as much as Mence for this team. My main goal is to catch pokes that are locked into moves, such as flygon, scizor, or pokes that jirachi can beat. Cresseila seems to be one of those. I just get as many Calm Minds as i need and wish in between to restore health. Simple as that. Thing is a tank.
+1 Gyarados' Earthquake vs Jirachi: 574 Atk vs 328 Def & 404 HP (100 Base Power): 328 - 386 (81.19% - 95.54%)

Jirachi has an 8% chance to be OHKO'd and obviously a 100% chance to be 2HKO'd. This gives your team a big DDGyara weakness since Jirachi is very far from a reliable counter. So to help fix this problem I suggest you replace your Magnezone with Rotom-h:

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid nature (+Speed, -Attack)
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Overheat
~ Trick

To explain the moveset:

Thunderbolt
- Obvious STAB and to hit Gyarados for Super Effective damage.
Shadow Ball - More STAB and hits the many Psychic-types in OU for SE damage.
Overheat - Let's you hit Steel-types and most importantly SD Luke who can also pose a problem for this team.
Trick - Let's you cripple a wall or possibly a last Pokemon stat-upper.

Also, a Timid nature was chosen over Modest to ensure you outspeed all forms of DDGyara which is the main point of this scarfed Rotom.

I hope this helps you!

yond

mitt game strong
Thanks for the Rates!

I understand the EV set that you have on Scizor; I used it too. However, I made an RMT and switched the ev's to 200HP/132ATK/176SP.DEF (sorry about text size, copied from my RMT.) It will survive two Max attack Latias Draco Meteors, which will easily make Scizor survive some puny Surfs. Salamence also has a rock type weakness, which you may want to add to your synergy list. I would go with Ice Beam over Grass Knot on Starmie for the perfect type coverage, otherwise, Latias and other Dragons will set up on Starmie. One concern about your team. Rotom-h, as I can see, cannot be Pursuit killed by Scizor, nor can Starmie effectively spin on any Rotom forms. To amend the Rotom-h problem, you may consider toxic on one of Starmie's moveslots to slowly wear it down.
Best of luck to you and your team!
I will try it. Thanks.

The Problem -

I would like to take note on how Choice Specs Heatran can really mess up this team and strategy as a whole of being a Bulky Offense team - as STAB Fire Blast can 2HKO every Pokemon you have avaliable

Heatran isn't faster than what could be 2HKO'd alike Salamence and Starmie, however Heatran can still infect massive damage and switch back in when the time is right. Starmie is really your most reliable and sensible switch-in as Swampert has a chance to be 2HKO'd even at full HP and is out sped, while if Salamence switches in it will be weak enough while Dragon Dancing to be picked off easily by common priority moves or if you don't get a chance to Rapid Spin Stealth Rock. Starmie without recover cannot switch into Heatran more than twice and Swampert is not a reliable Pokemon to cover it as it has a role of Stealth Rocking early game, and it will almost always have some fraction of damage. Magnezone can barely 2HKO Heatran with Thunderbolt, and can only switch into two of Heatran's rarely used moves.

SpecsTran Fire Blast vs 4/0 Starmie:
591 Atk vs 206 Def & 261 HP (120 Base Power): 185 - 218 (70.88% - 83.52%)

SpecsTran Fire Blast vs 252/0 Swampert:
591 Atk vs 216 Def & 404 HP (120 Base Power): 176 - 207 (43.56% - 51.24%)

SpecsTran Fire Blast vs 0/0 -SpDef Salamence:
591 Atk vs 176 Def & 331 HP (120 Base Power): 216 - 255 (65.26% - 77.04%)

The Solutions -

What I would recommend would be Recover > Thunderbolt / Ice Beam on Starmie as Magnezone, Jirachi and Scizor take care of Salamence and Gyarados enough already. This will not entirely help the problem, but Starmie will gain a lot of HP back in the process and will ultimately find more times to switch-in.

Change Swampert's EV spread to 240 HP / 216 DEF / 52 SDEF as Swampert has enough defense to survive a +1 Outrage and hit back with Ice Beam while added on some special defense to help survive Specs Fire Blasts. Also, 52 SPA isn't needed much as Magnezone or Stealth Rock could easily pick Mence off.

Good luck with the team, everything else I see as pretty fine, however I didn't have a lot of time to rate it. Good luck!
The problem with giving starmie recover i lose good type coverage for the team. Specs tran is extremely uncommon and swampert can take the hit and ko, while mence can outspeed and ko. (same with starmie).
Im not to concerned.

+1 Gyarados' Earthquake vs Jirachi: 574 Atk vs 328 Def & 404 HP (100 Base Power): 328 - 386 (81.19% - 95.54%)

Jirachi has an 8% chance to be OHKO'd and obviously a 100% chance to be 2HKO'd. This gives your team a big DDGyara weakness since Jirachi is very far from a reliable counter. So to help fix this problem I suggest you replace your Magnezone with Rotom-h:

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid nature (+Speed, -Attack)
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Overheat
~ Trick

To explain the moveset:

Thunderbolt - Obvious STAB and to hit Gyarados for Super Effective damage.
Shadow Ball - More STAB and hits the many Psychic-types in OU for SE damage.
Overheat - Let's you hit Steel-types and most importantly SD Luke who can also pose a problem for this team.
Trick - Let's you cripple a wall or possibly a last Pokemon stat-upper.

Also, a Timid nature was chosen over Modest to ensure you outspeed all forms of DDGyara which is the main point of this scarfed Rotom.

I hope this helps you!
I was probably to hasty to say he shrugs it off. What you have to understand if i always switch rachi in on gyaras since he can wish off an non DD'd attacks and live the eq to kill.

Rotom-h looks nice but i lose alot of things without having magnezone. =/

Ill test it out.

I was probably to hasty to say he shrugs it off. What you have to understand if i always switch rachi in on gyaras since he can wish off an non DD'd attacks and live the eq to kill.

Rotom-h looks nice but i lose alot of things without having magnezone. =/

Ill test it out.
The problem is that almost all Gyarados are DD variants so you'll need a proper counter. You really don't lost that much by switching to Rotom, especially considering what you gain. You can still Overheat to take out Scizor, and you can Trick (which is a lot more effective than just blowing up on them considering Magnezone's poor attack) Swampert and Blissey.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
Hi. I like this team, but I see a few things that can be improved upon. First off, offensive Gyarados is a dick to this team, setting up on Scizor, Swampert, and Magnezone locked into the wrong move. Gyarados then proceeds to OHKO anything that CAN harm it, and severely hurt anything that can't do shit. To help with Gyarados better, I suggest changing your Starmie into a defensive spinner. This will allow you to survive anything (besides bounce, which usually lack a way to hurt Jirachi) that Gyarados throws at you. You will also have reliable recovery in the form of Recover, and provide a durable spinner. You'll be walled by Latias, but Scizor takes of her enough anyway.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature l 136 HP/ 156 Def/ 216 Spd
Hydro Pump/ Thunderbolt/ Rapid Spin/ Recover

I hope this helps, and good luck with the team!

yond

mitt game strong
Hi. I like this team, but I see a few things that can be improved upon. First off, offensive Gyarados is a dick to this team, setting up on Scizor, Swampert, and Magnezone locked into the wrong move. Gyarados then proceeds to OHKO anything that CAN harm it, and severely hurt anything that can't do shit. To help with Gyarados better, I suggest changing your Starmie into a defensive spinner. This will allow you to survive anything (besides bounce, which usually lack a way to hurt Jirachi) that Gyarados throws at you. You will also have reliable recovery in the form of Recover, and provide a durable spinner. You'll be walled by Latias, but Scizor takes of her enough anyway.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature l 136 HP/ 156 Def/ 216 Spd
Hydro Pump/ Thunderbolt/ Rapid Spin/ Recover

I hope this helps, and good luck with the team!
After testing this, it works wonders!

I had never even considered starmie could be desensive at all. Thanks for the rate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)