Offense team - OU

1706459590911.png

:samurott-hisui: is the main lead pokemon, although it mainly serves as an attacker than a hazard setter. The scarf is so it can outspeed :volcarona: before it sets one Quiver Dance, Aqua Cutter over Razor Shell is because of the higher accuracy. Sacred Sword is for damage and Archaludon. Ceaseless Edge is damage + setting spikes, although this is not always desirable since I use court change for hazard prevention. Aqua Jet is for picking up kills in low HP pokemon who are either boosted or scarfed (looking at you again :volcarona:). I was thinking about changing the nature to adamant, for more damage, as with the scarf I already outspeed most of what I need to, but because of low base speed, it doesn't outspeed many scarfers. Tera Water is for more damage.

1706459955447.png

:cinderace: is here for hazard removal and to do that while being able to do some damage. It's set is one of smogon's default ones. Gunk Shot is here for dealing with :hatterene:, as the former versions of the team struggled doing. U-turn, as usual, is for momentum, Pyro Ball is for damage and Court Change is the hazard removal, and although it works most of the time it does not resonate very well with Ceaseless Edge and Hatterene, but is much more efficient in the hazard removal than the other ones. Tera Fire is to increase Pyro Ball damage.

1706460222181.png

:hatterene: is the second hazard remover and the main pivot pokemon. It's set is based on the smogon's default one, but in my experience in low ladder, the defense was much more useful than the speed EVs. Healing Wish is supposed to do what Healing Wish does, go to another mon and healing them, mainly to Kyurem, so it can set up. Nuzzle is to offer paralysis support. Dazzling Gleam and Psychic are there because I didn't thought it would be any other more useful moves, so I put STAB attacks. Tera Steel is for poison immunity and the good bunch of resistances it gives.

1706460580731.png

:kyurem: is here for sweeping. Dragon Dance is for it to set up in pokemon switching out and pokemon who can't deal significant damage. Loaded dice Icicle Spear and Scale Shot are it's main attacks, being able to do very decent damage as 100-125 base power attacks, especially when boosted by the Dragon Dance. Dual Wingbeat is there because I thought it would be the best option, as Flying is a decent attacking type and 80 base power, although not good, is ok. Tera Ice is for boosting the Icicle Spear damage, especially when :kyurem: has already Dragon Danced

1706460837985.png

:iron valiant: is also here as a sweeper. I usually run full SpA Attack EVs and Psyshock in the place of Knock Off (and tera electric), but this time I decided to change a bit and it seems to work. Knock Off can easily kill :gholdengo: when teraed, and those extra powered Close Combat can deal serious damage. The Moonblast damage is still good, even without proper investment, and Thunderbolt is for coverage. Tera Dark allows for Valiant to OHKO :gholdengo:

1706461047246.png

:kingambit: is the late game sweeper/cleaner. Sucker Punch is for killing faster mons, as it usually is for with this mon. Low Kick is for other :kingambit: and Swords Dance is for increasing Sucker Punch killing potential. Kowtow Cleave is used to kill slower or bulkier mons. Tera Flying combats it's two principal weaknesses of Ground and Fighting. I though of replacing Low Kick with Iron Head, for dealing with fairy types, but I'm not really sure, and in a :kingambit: showdown, Low Kick Tera Flying is very nice to have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)