Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Japanese 3DS Ambassador games have been revealed. Ambassadors in Japan will get their games starting December 16. I assume and hope that we'll be getting the same games. It's a great list!

1. F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
  2. Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
  4. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
  5. Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
  6. Mario Kart: Super Circuit
  7. Mario vs. Donkey Kong
  8. Metroid Fusion
  9. Wario Land 4
  10. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames
I hate all of you
I have a few of these GBA games and they kick ass
Why could I not have gotten a 3DS sooner

I think the ones who got off best are the people who purchased a 3DS right before the price drop and price adjusted so got the system for $170 + all these games. Or the people who are buying it this month with the $50 / $40 gift cards.
And I have you to thank for that. Even though I ended up trading it in to get the Zelda 3DS anyway... I was actually just at EB games and one of the dudes was talking to me about the Zelda 3DS, and said if I bring in the receipt he'll still give me the gift cards.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I haven't checked the first page of this in so long that I forgot that's how this thread started.

Getting the GBA games now, a day earlier than Japan apparently.

Okay, few things. First, for whatever reason, the backlight is dimmed for the GBA games. If you hold select when it boots up, the screen will shrink to GBA size, in case you find full screen too blocky. Also, you can't go into sleep mode during gameplay, and you can't suspend gameplay to go to the home menu.

That's pretty annoying, especially about the backlight. I have hopes though that if there are complaints, a future update will address it. Thank you for the heads-up!

ETA: Is there better mechanism for mass-downloading these than going through Titles You've Downloaded?

I don't think so, no, but they all located together, so once you've downloaded one, you can immediately download another, as it doesn't go back to the start of the list, so it's not that bad.

And with the backlight thing, honestly, I tended not to notice it after a while, it's just a minor gripe on my part.

Yeah, it used to be like that, where it would go back to the menu and you would have to go back all the way in. It seems to have been fixed. :)

I only get them tomorrow too - I'm wondering which are actually worth having these days. Super Circuit will give me nostalgia (first MK game I got) and Wario Ware should be fun enough, but what else?

If you like strategy, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones is pretty good. Easy as far as the series goes, but still fun. And, yeah, The Minish Cap was really solid and very underrated. I haven't played everything on the list but what's there that I have played is excellent.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I only get them tomorrow too - I'm wondering which are actually worth having these days. Super Circuit will give me nostalgia (first MK game I got) and Wario Ware should be fun enough, but what else?
Fire Emblem, Minish Cap, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Metroid..

They're all not good enough for you ?

Plus, why not get them all since they're free.. ?

On another note, has anyone purchased Pushmo ?

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Pleasantly surprised. I've only played 4 of those, and am interested in almost all the other ones (never got into WarioWare). Does anyone know if the NA release date is the same as Japan / Europe? What was the precedent with the NES games?

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
These games had better be available for purchase asap. I want all of them.
shoulda bought a 3DS asap
That's pretty annoying, especially about the backlight. I have hopes though that if there are complaints, a future update will address it. Thank you for the heads-up!

ETA: Is there better mechanism for mass-downloading these than going through Titles You've Downloaded?
I thought the newest software update let you queue up downloads?
Pleasantly surprised. I've only played 4 of those, and am interested in almost all the other ones (never got into WarioWare). Does anyone know if the NA release date is the same as Japan / Europe? What was the precedent with the NES games?
I think they're out now according to a few posts above?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Now that the semester has come to an end, I have some time to stop by Smogon and catch up on my 3DS backlog!

During Thanksgiving break I had a couple days to play Super Mario Land 3D. While the game itself is pretty short, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I have 4/5 sparkly stars, I'm just missing the one for completing every level with Luigi. I lost interest with about half the special worlds left. I loved the throwback to Super Mario World music-wise, although it brought back the anxiety I always felt while playing Donut Plains 3. XD

I started replaying Animal Crossing Wild World a lot during the latter part of the semester. AC is definitely one of my top three series, I can spend hours and hours playing it without getting bored. Sadly, not much information has been revealed about AC3DS after the initial announcement. I'm not terribly impressed with the graphics that I've seen from the trailers so far, I much prefer the style of the first three games. Someone finally subbed the AC developers' round table discussion that occurred a couple months ago. I really like the enlarged beach and it seems like the GC version's island is making a return. They are upping the level of customization for clothing/housing which is always a plus.

Earlier today I downloaded Pushmo from the e-shop. If you have $7 lying around and like puzzle games, you should definitely pick this up; it's one of the stronger titles available for the 3DS at the moment (although this isn't saying much). There are 12 "worlds" with 18 levels each, so you can spend quite a bit of time playing it. The difficulty level is also sufficiently challenging. Aside from the main puzzle portion of the game, there is also a level-creator and you can share the levels you create with friends via AR code. If you haven't heard of this game and are curious, here is a link to the trailer.

I'm really happy with the Ambassador GBA list. I love pretty much every single game on the list (especially Wario Land 4!). I'll probably spend quite a bit of time replaying these over the course of winter break. I don't think I'll be able to pick up Mario Kart 7 until Christmas, but I'm really looking forward to that as well. The 3DS is finally shaping up!

Maybe I'll be back before another 3 months pass!

I thought the newest software update let you queue up downloads? I think they're out now according to a few posts above?
It lets you queue Sleep Downloads, but I can't see any way to select multiple downloads at once. You have to click Download, then wait, then confirm your Download (or Sleep Download), download it if applicable, then back to the list. Rinse and repeat nine times. It's an improvement on how it used to take you back to the eShop though.

Nice to see you again, Stellar, and I hope when AC3DS is out you'll come and post your friend code so I can visit your town! No doubt I will be playing obsessively; AC3DS is one of my most anticipated 3DS titles and it would have to suck beyond belief for me not to play like a madwoman. :x

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Just downloaded the games. What a great lineup! Much better than the NES lineup at least.

I've been playing Wario Land 4. That bought back a ton of lovely memories for me. I fail so badly at F-Zero and Mario Kart Super Circuit though. I'm also glad that Minish Cap is here, since I never got to play it before.

I've also been fooling around with the new stuff in the Plaza. My population shot from 8 to 211 because of the fact that Spotpass can be used to download other Miis now!

EDIT: Actually, I think some of those Miis might be people I've played online in Mario Kart 7, unless I'm imagining things.

Just downloaded the games. What a great lineup! Much better than the NES lineup at least.

I've been playing Wario Land 4. That bought back a ton of lovely memories for me. I fail so badly at F-Zero and Mario Kart Super Circuit though. I'm also glad that Minish Cap is here, since I never got to play it before.

I've also been fooling around with the new stuff in the Plaza. My population shot from 8 to 211 because of the fact that Spotpass can be used to download other Miis now!

EDIT: Actually, I think some of those Miis might be people I've played online in Mario Kart 7, unless I'm imagining things.
Most likely, I have a billion Miis now too and I never met anyone with a 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)