NFEs in UU

Gurdurr isnt bad tbh. Combusken is also an extremley interesting NFE, thoughts? I also wasnt saying LC pokes are bad. Gligar is actually really good. I just thought the definition of NFE was middle stager, since they dont havev their own tier, unlike LC.

NFE means Not Fully Evolved, so Gligar and Vullaby still count. They're only classified as LC for reference for Little Cup since Middle Cup isn't an official metagame.

Why arent they in the NFE part of the teambuilder then.
Because they can still be classified as LC, who have their own game people can play. NFE are often NU with their under developed stats and outclassed by their next evolutions unless those evolutions were banned to the next tier.

Ok after testing out Clefairy I gotta say this thing holds no niche in the UU meta whatsoever. Magic Guard + Fairy typing sounds promising at first, as well as a movepool consisting of support moves like Encore, T.wave and Sneaky Pebbles, its stats are just too atrocious to use any of its gifts. Base 60 SpA is just tragic and while Magic Guard means Stall teams can't do shit to Clef, Clef can't do shit to them either. T-wave sounds cool to spread paralysis, but you will soon realize the things that comes into Clef don't care about paralysis anyway, such as Aggron, NidoRoyals and Roserade. Being a Fairy type that can't soak up Knock Offs in a pinch sucks just as bad too, as after the eviolite is gone Clef's bulk is 1.5x worse than Aromatisse (which isn't that great to begin with). Speaking of which, Aromatisse completely walls Clefairy due to immunity to Encore. Taunt completely shuts it down and I see no reason to use it over Aromatisse or even lmao Carbink if you are looking for a Fairy with Stealth Rock. Oh, and have I mentioned that base 60 SpA is just tragic???

4 SpA Clefairy Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mienshao: 204-242 (75.2 - 89.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <- that is tragedy.
4 SpA Clefairy Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Haxorus: 182-216 (62.1 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO <- one of the few instances where Hax can actually setup on a Fairy if it desparately needs to.

EDIT: While I am at it, please remove Goth unless you want to use the based Frisk or Competitive sets. Thank you.

Last edited:
Maybe I should just ask for this to be closed. I was hoping to create a thread aimed on replicating successful ou strategy in uu in the best possible way, but A) i think the title is misleading, B) this can be achieved by other pokemon not limited to the prevolution line, C) limiting it to nfes, no-one has managed to find any new things so far/ theres not much enthusiasm on the topic and most of the ideas aren't too effective in uu anyway, especially with gothorita banned.

Here's an example of the sort of thing I was hoping for. Perhaps with a renaming this would be more successful, or perhaps this thread already exists:

Bisharp

Bisharp is the main user of the defiant ability in OU (at least last time I checked). This is powerful in offensive cores with aegislash acting as a parallel spinblocker and a strong hazard setter such as deoxys-D (pre-ban). Looking at UU, a replacement for the bisharp defiant set would be this:

Braviary @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Return
- Superpower
- U-turn

Due to its decent speed and high power STABs, braviary can run through a team with a defiant boost and choice scarf (as we already know), or at least blow a good hole out of it with the correct moveset. This pairs nicely with doublade, the closest thing we have in UU to aegislash, as their typings compliment each other well- braviary being immune to the ghost and ground type attacks aimed at doublade, while doublade resists the rock and ice attacks that braviary dislikes.
This is a fairly unimaginative example but something like this is I guess what I was looking for (initially with the pool limited to NFEs, but now I think it is a fairly pointless restriction to give for my main aim)- an identification of the ou pokemon/playstyle, and then an uu equivalent and a comparison drawn between the two. Tell me what you guys think (pls dont focus too much on the example given)

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pipotchi I think this thread could be very cool but you should lock this and create a new thread using your Bisharp Braviary as an example. Call it like OU Strats In UU (that's stupid something catchier lol) but I think people would be interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)