Other Negatively impacted Pokemon PrePokebank OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, a personal gripe is that Dragonite lost access to Extreme Speed. Not a big deal for most I imagine but it was always a favorite of mine with him.
I thought a male Dragonite can learn Extreme Speed? I thought it was possible to breed it onto new Dratini's with scale and such.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
what are you talking about they buffed HP to shit and back son
No, Hidden Power got nerfed from a maximum 70 BP to a fixed 60 BP. For Pokemon who don't have access to Technician, this is a significant nerf. For the few Pokemon that have access to Technician and use Hidden Power (ie Roserade), this is a buff.

It can't get both Mach Punch and Drain Punch now either, right?

Honchkrow unable to get Heat Wave (or Superpower?) is annoying.
I just tested, and Honchkrow doesn't get superpower. As far as I'm concerned, he's benched until bank time.

As for Hidden Power, it's basically a buff for Wi Fi players, and a nerf for Simulator players. Simulator players had the luxury of it always being at 70, where some unfortunate Wi-Fi players ended up with it as low as 30. It ultimately saves time as far as breeding goes, because now you don't have to do mass chains to try to get the type and power you want.

Blissey / Chansey have no legal access for Wish currently.

Hippowdon learns Stealth Rock via egg move from Smeargle.
they never really did, considering that like, 20 or so wish chanceys ever even existed legitimately. i seriously doubt wish blisseys will be transferable considering the rather small chance that any legitimate users of the move still actually are around.

they never really did, considering that like, 20 or so wish chanceys ever even existed legitimately. i seriously doubt wish blisseys will be transferable considering the rather small chance that any legitimate users of the move still actually are around.
Do you think their gameshark in emerald really cares?

No, Hidden Power got nerfed from a maximum 70 BP to a fixed 60 BP. For Pokemon who don't have access to Technician, this is a significant nerf. For the few Pokemon that have access to Technician and use Hidden Power (ie Roserade), this is a buff.
Tell me one pokemon that would be using HP that didn't already have technician.

Not really, one could of mess around with the IVs before to get 59-60 hidden powers (59 did less IV damage).

Pretty much like all special attackers with movepool problems: Jolteon, Alakazam, ect.

It is the smallest of buffs for technician users. It means they may be able to have perfect Iv's and it's quicker to breed.

Wouldn't a poke need to severely cripple it's IVs to get a technician hidden power before now?

Mostly i agree that it's a buff in the sense that the overall usage in the games by legitimate mons will be up from any past gen, but the end result is mostly a nerf.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Lets see...Rotom, Latios, Thundurus, Landorus (special set), Zapdos, Politoed, some Eeveelutions, Abomasnow, Salamence off the top of my head. And Im talking VGC here too; top tier players in VGC make heavy use of Hidden Power for coverage. Note that none of those mons have Technician.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Really though, aside from Mr. Mime and Roserade, I can't think of any Hidden Power users that have Technician, and even then Mr. Mime has the movepool to not resort to that while Roserade can have 4MSS due to its immense support movepool.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
Really though, aside from Mr. Mime and Roserade, I can't think of any Hidden Power users that have Technician, and even then Mr. Mime has the movepool to not resort to that while Roserade can have 4MSS due to its immense support movepool.
Well, there's Persian. I actually did use Persian's special-attacking Techniset in NU last gen, Water Pulse / Hidden Power / Swift / Fake Out... something like that. Sadly Persian isn't even out until Pokebank arrives.

Since I've been working with Bisharp, it's really disappointing that he loses access to Knock Off and SR until December, although he certainly doesn't miss SR as much as Aerodactyl does. Aero would make a great lead if he still had SR access!

Well, there's Persian. I actually did use Persian's special-attacking Techniset in NU last gen, Water Pulse / Hidden Power / Swift / Fake Out... something like that. Sadly Persian isn't even out until Pokebank arrives.

Since I've been working with Bisharp, it's really disappointing that he loses access to Knock Off and SR until December, although he certainly doesn't miss SR as much as Aerodactyl does. Aero would make a great lead if he still had SR access!
Aerodactly has better things to be doing, like Mega Evolving and wrecking everything with its Tough Claws boosted attacks, insane speed and good bulk.

With the breeding changes it should be able to, they're both egg moves right? So you just have to breed Drain Punch onto a Conkeldurr female and then breed Mach Punch onto that Conkeldurr and you'll end up with both.
Oh, I must have missed that change. I just assumed they both had to come from a male, like before.

Well scizor lost Super power , so people actually use the acrobatics or the roost variation of SD a lot more than they should, which ofc is only good news for magnezones out there.
not only that, but acrobatics is weaker because flying gem isnt on cart, meaning you need to use a berry to get the double damage

Everyone had the option to use 60 BP HP on Technician users in past gens but few people did. I don't think it's as big as a boost as it seems to be.
Yes, I completely agree. It is only a buff, because it is easier to get the right IV's and you don't have to waste IV's to lower your HP power. Like I said, the smallest of buffs, but a buff nonetheless

Well scizor lost Super power , so people actually use the acrobatics or the roost variation of SD a lot more than they should, which ofc is only good news for magnezones out there.
I'm running Brick Brake instead... i was about to mention this for Scizor, it's true that is one of the Fary Slayer but Super power is missed :/

anything which can't be obtained in X/Y
being in the game is important. I agree gen v tutor moves are missed. kanga misses body slam from a gen 3 tutor LOL

Metagross pretty much lost everything. No Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, or Zen Headbutt hurts and Iron Head, IMO, is better than Meteor Mash now that it only has 90 BP. Meteor Mash/EQ/Bullet Punch/random filler move is the best it can do right now.

It can't get both Mach Punch and Drain Punch now either, right?
You guys forgot about Hitmonchan like that? How did you get those moves on Conk back in Gen 5? Wasting Tutors?

Edit: I forgot that Drain Punch was a TM from Gen 4. Just breed a Mach Punch Female Conk with something that learns Drain Punch.

Metagross pretty much lost everything. No Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, or Zen Headbutt hurts and Iron Head, IMO, is better than Meteor Mash now that it only has 90 BP. Meteor Mash/EQ/Bullet Punch/random filler move is the best it can do right now.
To lose something, you have to have something to begin with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)