Need help with team pls!!!!

Well I created this team some time ago and I feel it needs to be improved.
I am using my usual defense core - Sylveon + Mindy

Then I added a Mega Pokémon (I choosed Charizard X this time)

I added a Rapid Spinner + Stealth Rocker

Then I decided to go for Special Attacker and since I struggle with Venusaur I chose Alakazam

Last Pokémon was chosen to deal with Azumarill... I chose Tentacruel over Amoonguss because I wanted some more residual damage from Toxic Spikes... he's Rapid Spinner AGAIN... I must admit I am not sure about this guy...

Chary (Charizard-Mega-X) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws (and probably Blaze > Solar Power)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
This is the Pokémon I have built team on. Quite a common set, Dragon Claw and Flare Blitz are probably strongest STABs... Earthquake is for coverage and I don't think DD needs any commentary.

Mindy (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Roost
Good Physical Defender! Knock Off is for getting off of an item, Foul Play is very very useful move that helps me to keep DDrs off and Taunt stops Leech Seed and Defog, and even Spikes and SR and helps to deal with Ferrothorn, Forretress etc.
Roost is obviously for healing.
Defog isn't cointained because I do not have 5th moveslot and I do already have Rapid Spinner and I do set up my own hazards... So I don't think that's better idea than any of mentioned moves.

Genius (Alakazam) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
Well, Psychic is strongest STAB (I don't know why but I apprietiate it more than Psyshock), Energy Ball is GREAT move that is usually NOT predicted and OHKO's Gastrodon, Swampert, Quagsfire + might hurt Rotom very well. Shadow Ball is pretty obvious, good move coverage + since I don't use Focus Blast (because of Focus Miss) it helps to deal with Steel types.
Dazzling Gleam is mainly against Mandibuzz that is predictable switch-in.

Mole (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
The Spinner, The Stealth Rocker, The Rotom-slayer! That's it. Not a bad coverage and good Def stats...
I use SR for residual damage, Spin to get rid of opponent's SR and Spikes, EQ is main STAB (that works well mainly against Rotom-W and Rotom-H) and Iron Head against Sylveon, Clefable and such fairy things...

Sylvia (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Wish
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
Wish and Protect is for healing. Protect might be used as scouting as well. Hyper Voice is pretty strong move because of Pixiliate and Heal Bell is for curing special conditions like BRN and PAR.

Tenty (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald
Finally this guy. I use both STABs... Sludge Bomb (with good chance to PSN) and Scald (good chance to BRN). Rapid Spin is for Spinning after my Excadrill goes down and Toxic Spikes are residual damage.
He's there mainly because of Azumarill...

I would like to improve my team...
however I don't like legendaries (even OU) in my team, because I cannot breed them in-game so that would not be the help.

Last edited:
Your team seems pretty good but here is some suggestions. You mentioned tenty and exca are both rapid spinners. That is a pretty bad idea. Also, you have no real physical defense. Without any real defense many Pokemon can wreck you physically. Some but not limited to: Landorus, jirachi, etc. also, rotom-w can easily take out Char x, Excadrill, tentacruel, mandibuzz, and volt switch can hurt sylveon pretty hard. Considering how popular rotom is, you should really find a way to fix that. Alakazam may be able to, but if he dies, the rest of your team will be swept. Just trying to help. Maybe you should have a poke or 2 have a HP to counter rotom and other water weaknesses

252+ SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon: 66-78 (16.7 - 19.7%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

I usually see Rotom with Lefties and 252 HP and 252 Def...
Dual Spinners are because they both can learn it and it useful... I would play just Exca or just Tenty but! Tenty resist Azumarill and Exca is Stealth Rocker...

My physical defender is Mandibuzz, however, you're probably right, that it won't work so well with Charizard, since they have both Rock weakness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)