Non-Pokébank OU Need advice for a casual team

Hello I'm looking for some advice to improve my team before I spend the time to build it in game. In general I'm just looking for a team to battle and annoy my friends with. I've been testing it out on showdown for a while and have been doing fairly well, though I seem to struggle against mons like scizor and metagross and their mega forms. Feel free to suggest any changes to builds / team comp / and mons (although i am attached to Toxapex).

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
I have Toxapex on my team as a general tank and anti set up / disruptor where I will swap him in to toxic scald or haze a mon trying to set up or I'll swap him in whenever I don't want one of my sweepers to get taken down, and I have the recover there as an extra insurance.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
Ninetales is here to act as both a set up for Aurora Veil, and for the ice and fairy STAB. I'll typically start with Ninetales if I think my oponent is going to start with a mon that is weak to fairy or ice or if i think they are going to start with stealth rock.

Exeggutor-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
Exeggutor is here to bring some bulky special attack to my team, and I'll typically try and swap him in right after aurora veil from ninetales to add to his bulkiness. I'll also try and set up trick room if i think the enemy team is faster that me, which is typically the case.

Mimikyu @ Red Card
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Facade
I've got Mimikyu in here as a physical revenge killer where I'll swap in after a mon from my team has fainted and I'll swords dance straight away and if I'm lucky can get another swords dance in because my enemy swaped mons to be super effective / resistant to me which works out in my favor with the red card that swaps them when they break my disguise.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stone Edge
I have Marowak in here as a bulky physical attacker kind of like exeggutor, where i can benefit some more off of trick room to get in some strong STAB moves, especially with Flare Blitz where with Thick Club extra damage and Rock Head removing the recoil, I can 2HKO a toxapex if they switch into my Marowak.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Encore
Alright last mon, Alakazam is here as a special sweeper and i think my most successful counter to Ultra Beasts because if I can take down any mon after Mega Alakazam traced Beast Boost from an ultra beast its practically game over because of the insane damage I start to build up.

Alright so there is my team. Sorry if the post seems lacking in detail, it's late at night and I just needed to get this done as soon as I could. Any advice is welcome, I am trying to stay away from any unique mons like the Tapus and the Ultra Beasts just because of how much of a hassle it is to get the built perfectly in game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)