Nature's Blessing

Approved by Eevee General

Have you ever wanted a certain immunity to a Pokemon that gets crippled by their flawed weakness? Well, fret no more, because Nature's Blessing is here to fix that!

Nature's Blessing is a metagame where a Pokemon can have an immunity to a certain type with a type resisting berry. There are type resisting berries for all types (even Normal!), and Pokemon who has a huge weakness to certain types benefits from the metagame alot.

Rules

• If a Pokemon has a type resisting Berry (A list here), the Pokemon will get an immunity based on Natural Gift's type. (Ex. A Garchomp holding a Yache Berry will have an immunity to Ice Type moves.)
  • If a Pokemon loses or consumes it's berry during the match, the Pokemon will lose the immunity.
  • The Pokemon can also lose the immunity if the Pokemon cannot use it's berry due to either Klutz, Unnerve, Magic Room or Embargo.

Playable on the Aqua Server (thanks Snaquaza!)

Last edited:
Sounds like a really cool metagame. Ferrothorn, Landorus-T, and Talonflame (which can also run Natural Gift) will love this. I can also see a lot of Knock Off and even weird things like Bug Bite Scizor in this meta.

I think you mean Natural Gift, by the way, not Nature Power.

Does the immunity include status moves of that type?

Sounds like a really cool metagame. Ferrothorn, Landorus-T, and Talonflame (which can also run Natural Gift) will love this. I can also see a lot of Knock Off and even weird things like Bug Bite Scizor in this meta.

I think you mean Natural Gift, by the way, not Nature Power.

Does the immunity include status moves of that type?
My bad on the move name, my head always goes to Nature Power when I think of this.

Also, yes, it includes status effects as well, as long as your Pokemon holds the berry to the corresponding type.

I forgot the mention that the meta is playable on the Aqua Server, thanks to Snaquaza's effort. It might hold some bugs, since it isn't completely set, but it is workable. If you have any problems with the coding, please report it here.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great that this has finally been approved!

Besides the obvious type resisting it seems cool that Pokemon can check priority way more easily! Having problem with Gale Wings Talonflame on offense? Put a Flying resist berry on something. Want to check Mega Scizor? Use the Steel resist berry. It also assists defensive type synergy a lot, and thus causes both offense and defense to be boosted, which is cool.

This seems really cool! I'll think of some ideas in a bit, but first I have a question. Does a rock immunity via berry grant immunity to stealth rock?

So say you want your hydreigon to laugh at fairy moves get a fairy resisting berry and if you want mega camerupt to be immune to water use a water resisting berry

edit: just noticed mega camerupt can't hold item but that proves the point

Last edited:
Just thought you might wanna know that there are berries that grant reduced damage from types already so you could use that criteria. either way I look forward to eventually getting around to making a team for this.

Edit: also do the berries get consumed?

A meta where Unnerve is useful? What is this wondrous creation?

Seriously though, this looks cool. I hope I find time to make a team for it sometime.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Nature's Blessing",
        section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite'],
        onTryHit: function (target, source, move) {
            if (target !== source && target.item && !target.ignore['Item'] && !(!source.ignore['Ability'] && source.ability === "unnerve")) {
                var item = Tools.getItem(target.item);
                if (item.isBerry && item.onSourceModifyDamage && item.naturalGift && move.type === item.naturalGift.type) {
                    this.add('-immune', target, '[msg]');
                    return null;
                }
            }
        }
    },
Now to wait about 10 minutes for Snaquaza to implement it on aqua

config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Nature's Blessing",
        section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview'],
        banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite'],
        onTryHit: function (target, source, move) {
            if (target !== source && target.item && !target.ignore['Item'] && !(!source.ignore['Ability'] && source.ability === "unnerve")) {
                var item = Tools.getItem(target.item);
                if (item.isBerry && item.onSourceModifyDamage && item.naturalGift && move.type === item.naturalGift.type) {
                    this.add('-immune', target, '[msg]');
                    return null;
                }
            }
        }
    },
Now to wait about 10 minutes for Snaquaza to implement it on aqua
I'm pretty sure he said it was already implemented.

Possible uses of Unnerve:

• Aerodactyl or Tyranitar for Charti Talonflame (both can also use Ice moves to beat Yache users)
• Houndoom and Pyroar for Occa Scizor, Ferrothorn, and any physical attacker that doesn't like Will-o-Wisp
• Galvantula usually likes Compound Eyes, but it can kill Wacan Gyarados
• Haxorus is just a generally good physical attacker

This seems really cool! I'll think of some ideas in a bit, but first I have a question. Does a rock immunity via berry grant immunity to stealth rock?
Normally it does grant you an immunity, but I think that Snaquaza haven't implemented that as of yet.

Just thought you might wanna know that there are berries that grant reduced damage from types already so you could use that criteria. either way I look forward to eventually getting around to making a team for this.

Edit: also do the berries get consumed?
The Berry stays with the Pokemon, so it's not a one time use. Otherwise, this would be one of the worst metas ever :) (Granted, it doesn't bring that much of a change compared to the other stuff either)

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Does flying resist dodge all hazards not names stealth rock? Also LOL MAGIC ROOM COULD BE A THING. brb making a meta for wonder room :^)

Does flying resist dodge all hazards not names stealth rock? Also LOL MAGIC ROOM COULD BE A THING. brb making a meta for wonder room :^)
But why would you use Magic Room on anything that learns Embargo, and thus doesn't have to give up its own berry?

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
But why would you use Magic Room on anything that learns Embargo, and thus doesn't have to give up its own berry?
It doesn't have to be on something that learns embargo, it could just be a thing in general. Also, not every mon is gonna carry a berry, sashes and scarves etc are still gonna be used

If anything would provide immunity to Spikes+Toxic Spikes+Sticky Web, I'd expect it to be the Ground immunity Berry, ala Levitate. (Though at that point it's bordering on Super Duper Unpoppable Air Balloon) Why would immunity to Flying protect you from things that only apply when grounded?

Interesting meta. I can see stuff like regular Scizor being run over Mega Scizor because lol no weaknesses, regular Camerupt over Mega Camerupt, etc. Very unusual.

MZ

If anything would provide immunity to Spikes+Toxic Spikes+Sticky Web, I'd expect it to be the Ground immunity Berry, ala Levitate. (Though at that point it's bordering on Super Duper Unpoppable Air Balloon) Why would immunity to Flying protect you from things that only apply when grounded?

Interesting meta. I can see stuff like regular Scizor being run over Mega Scizor because lol no weaknesses, regular Camerupt over Mega Camerupt, etc. Very unusual.
whoops yeah, was thinking like hidden type ass opposed to nature's blessing

Who needs rotom-f with an air balloon when you got the shuca berry

In all seriousness, this meta will be amazing for giving Pokemon with quad weaknesses a lifeline (Yachechomp returns /dt party)

I can also see unnerve and knock off become better than ever (as if knock off wasn't spammed enough already)
Also, incinerate might finally have some competitive use for once

Run Dark immunity Berry: ignore Knock Off and Switcheroo. Laugh maniacally.

Actually, it occurs to me that Alakazam might be viable in this meta, since Dark immunity protects it from Sucker Punch, Pursuit-trapping, Knock Off spam, etc. Meanwhile, since Bisharp is very possibly running Fighting immunity anyway, instead of throwing out Focus Miss at Bisharp you can toss Dazzling Gleam at it

252 SpA Alakazam Dazzling Gleam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 120-142 (44.1 - 52.2%) -- 16.8% chance to 2HKO

Which is pretty acceptable damage for hitting it on the switch-in. Too bad you can't carry Life Orb too.

Unfortunately Bisharp still OHKOs Alakazam with Iron Head, but I'm mostly thinking in terms of tossing a Dazzling Gleam while Bisharp Swords Dances up, expecting a switch, and if you're instead running +Special Attack its

252+ SpA Alakazam Dazzling Gleam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 132-156 (48.5 - 57.3%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

which still isn't a for-sure 2HKO, but it's a very small chance of not being a 2HKO, so if you do run +Special Attack and successfully predict the Swords Dance, then literally 94.1% of the time Bisharp is screwed. Alternatively, you could take Hidden Power Ground, though I'd be concerned about the possibility of Bisharp carrying Shuca in anticipation of people assuming Fighting immunity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)