My very first competitive OU team.

Now, the goal of this team is to be successful. No freaking duh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

The goal of this here Landorus is to switch into any opponents who may serve as a physical sweeper or just to Intimidate any real physical threat and mat any hit they can offer with maximum defensive investment. For the movepool, U-turn is simply for a damaging switch out, and can hit things like Deoxys D and S, Tyranitar, Breloom, and a bit more. Of course we have Knock Off, which can knock off things like Chansey's Eviolite, Leftovers in general, and some annoying things like Air Balloons. Stone Edge for some good coverage while being powerful. And, herpdederp, the center piece to all physical ground types, Earthquake. It's just too good not to include. Also, Leftovers for steady recovery, which is always good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

I just love Rotom-W. The main question I'm asking here is, should I go specially defensive? I already have Will-O-Wisp and another physical mat, being Landorus-Therian, so that's the main thing I'm really concerned about. Also Will-O-Wisp is just awesome in general for physical sweepers and such, so that's just a great add-on. Volt Switch of course, as a great STAB move to gain an upper hand on your opponent in the right situations. Hydro Pump is Rotom-W's only good water move, so it's just an obvious choice with dual STABs, and it's very powerful. Pain Split is obviously for the very needed recovery on Rotom-W. I find it better than Chesto Berry+Rest, as you can use it multiple times.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SDef / 40 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Now for my special defensive fatty, Heatran! The main thing here is to set up Stealth Rocks, which we all know is so essential for every good team. Taunt is for walling the crud out of Clefable. I sure do hate that Pokemon. Protect is for scouting, and of course the steady Leftovers recovery when I really need it. Lava Plume is just for a strong STAB move and just essential, really.

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Oh my gosh I love Breloom. It has some great offensive potential, and can spore opponents and set up with Rock Tomb while they're asleep so that you can get an upper hand if they decide to switch. Bullet Seed boosted by STAB, boosted by Technician, and to top it all off, that being carried by 359 attack! These can pull off some great hits if it can get more than 2 hits. And of course, Mach Punch for that much needed STAB priority.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Knock Off

Mandibuzz is simply awesome. It's one of the greatest Aegislash counter, one of the bulkiest Pokemon in the tier, great utility, and getting rid of the ever-present Stealth Rocks and/or Spikes. With Knock Off, Foul Play, and Roost it easily KOs an Aegislash 1v1 in a few turns easily. Knock Off, as previously mentioned can get rid of pesky items and simply just wall most physical moves. Mandibuzz is essential, as it is my only hazards cleaner. Should I add another?

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

And here is the offensive beast of the team, good old X. You already know the drill, Dragon Dance once or even twice if you get a free turn and win. This thing is just extremely powerful, and with Stealth Rocks to break Focus Sashes and Sturdy, it can break through most teams like a breeze. The question Here is should I replace Flare Blitz for Fire Punch just so I don't get the recoil damage? But for now, it's an offensive beast with dual STABs and lots of coverage with Earthquake.

So, smart people of OU, please rate my team for me. :)

Hey there, nice bulky offensive team. First of all, I've got to say, if this is your very first competitive OU team, this is pretty damn good. Seriously, nice work. Lots to say, so I'm not going to waste any time and I'll just hop right in.

Landorous:
- For the defensive wall/rank or whatever you're aiming for, you're kind of in an odd spot. If you want a sweeper, change the EV spread to 252 atk/ 252spd/ 4 HP. if you're wanting a defensive wall, switch to hippowdon.

Rotom-W:
- I suggest devoting a bit more EVs to special attack if you switch to hippowdon, if not, keep as is.

Breloom:
- I assume this is your lead because of the set you're using, if not, what is your universal lead?

Mandibuzz:
- You forgot to add 4 EVs

Overall, great bulky offensive team, try to get back to me on some of the options and some of your opinions on them, once you do that I can help a lot more. But seriously, AWESOME first team and great work here making this team.

Hey there, nice bulky offensive team. First of all, I've got to say, if this is your very first competitive OU team, this is pretty damn good. Seriously, nice work.
Overall, great bulky offensive team, try to get back to me on some of the options and some of your opinions on them, once you do that I can help a lot more. But seriously, AWESOME first team and great work here making this team.
Aw, thanks! :)

Also, I'm going bulkier on Landorus-Therian, so I am switching to Hippowdon. What are the EVs, moveset and item for it, though? So, how much Sp.A EVs into Rotom-W now since you've recommended it? And yes, Breloom is usually my lead.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi BurgerCarbink

This is a solid team being that it is your first competitive one. Looking at it though, it seems really threatened by Dragon Dance Mega Gyarados and Dragon Dance Mega Tyranitar. After a DD, both of these mons can sweep through your entire team with just a bit of prior damage on Mandibuzz. Your only option to stop either of them is Mach Punch from Breloom but it's difficult to keep Breloom alive over the course of the battle especially if you're playing the lead Focus Sash set. Life Orb Kyurem-B is another major threat to your team who has the coverage and power to pretty much sweep through your entire team as it outspeeds Adamant Charizard-X if it runs a Naive nature. To help patch up these threats, I suggest going with an Assault Vest Conkeldurr over Breloom. Conkeldurr deals with Mega Gyarados by tanking a +1 Waterfall and then killing it back with a Drain Punch+Mach Punch. He easily handles Mega Tyranitar by taking and Earthquake and OHKO'ing and healing back with Mach Punch and has the bulk to live an attack from Kyurem-B and kill with Drain Punch+Mach Punch. Conkeldurr also seems to fit your team a bit better as it can punch holes in the opposing team to open up a Charizard-X sweep rather than a Sash Breloom who pretty much deals with their lead and then is gone. Assault Vest is the chosen item to beef up his Special Defense and make him extremely tanky.

Concerning Hippowdon over Landorus-T, I think it's a consideration but I really feel like you need the Intimidate on Landorus-T to act as another way to deal with these physical sweepers. Also, Landorus-T forms a nice VoltTurn core with Rotom-W that can wear down the opposition while Hippowdon can kill a lot of the momentum that you're trying to gain. You could try a more offensive spread on Landorus-T such as 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe Adamant since you are running 4 attacks and don't need him to set up Stealth Rock.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SDef / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Reactions: fx
Hi BurgerCarbink

This is a solid team being that it is your first competitive one. Looking at it though, it seems really threatened by Dragon Dance Mega Gyarados and Dragon Dance Mega Tyranitar. After a DD, both of these mons can sweep through your entire team with just a bit of prior damage on Mandibuzz. Your only option to stop either of them is Mach Punch from Breloom but it's difficult to keep Breloom alive over the course of the battle especially if you're playing the lead Focus Sash set. Life Orb Kyurem-B is another major threat to your team who has the coverage and power to pretty much sweep through your entire team as it outspeeds Adamant Charizard-X if it runs a Naive nature. To help patch up these threats, I suggest going with an Assault Vest Conkeldurr over Breloom. Conkeldurr deals with Mega Gyarados by tanking a +1 Waterfall and then killing it back with a Drain Punch+Mach Punch. He easily handles Mega Tyranitar by taking and Earthquake and OHKO'ing and healing back with Mach Punch and has the bulk to live an attack from Kyurem-B and kill with Drain Punch+Mach Punch. Conkeldurr also seems to fit your team a bit better as it can punch holes in the opposing team to open up a Charizard-X sweep rather than a Sash Breloom who pretty much deals with their lead and then is gone. Assault Vest is the chosen item to beef up his Special Defense and make him extremely tanky.

Concerning Hippowdon over Landorus-T, I think it's a consideration but I really feel like you need the Intimidate on Landorus-T to act as another way to deal with these physical sweepers. Also, Landorus-T forms a nice VoltTurn core with Rotom-W that can wear down the opposition while Hippowdon can kill a lot of the momentum that you're trying to gain. You could try a more offensive spread on Landorus-T such as 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe Adamant since you are running 4 attacks and don't need him to set up Stealth Rock.

Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
Thanks for helping me with this, the team looks really great now! :D

Here's a link to a fantastic hippowdon analysis. I suggest this set for it:
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Toxic

I suggest having this spread for rotom wash:
248 HP/ 216 SpAtk / 44 Spd

Hi BurgerCarbink

Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
Yeah nova those are some really great points along the lines of losing momentum, and the addition of conkeldurr helps offensively and adding to the bulk, but even with the AV it won't fare too well against kyurems strong special power. And regarding lando's intimidate, does that really make it a better defensive option against the physical threats like m gyara and m Tatar? I'm sorry I didnt do any calcs on the first one, on mobile atm. How would you change the team after the replacement of breloom and the changes to lando t? What would you suggest as a new universal lead? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions just trying to clarify what you meant with your suggestions.

Hey buddy, I would reccommend putting Roost over EQ on Zard X to help with bulk. Even though it gets walled by heatran, your team deals with him just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)