My team

Ok, so I'm pretty new to the metagame, and I have a team in mind, wondering if it's any good. Here it is.

Gyarados

Ability: Moxie
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake​

I mainly chose Gyarados was to take out the opponents team early in the game. You'll see why I didn't choose a stealth rocks/spikes in a minute. I have a STAB waterfall for fire types and an earthquake to quickly take out a Ferrothorn. I have a Stone Edge to take out flying types, and maybe even take out a dangerous Salamence and keep it from sweeping my team. The Life orb would also increase damage and effectiveness.

Forretress
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake​

I prefer Forretress over Ferrothorn, just because I like Forretress personally. It's just me. I have toxic spikes to poison upon entry and spikes to damage. I have rapid spin to clear entry hazards, and finally Earthquake to take out dangerous pokemon people tend to switch in on him like Magnezone and Heatran.

Bronzong
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earthquake​

Bronzong is going to be my stealth rocks guy. I may switch into him if I need to set them up. Hidden power ice is there to take out dangerous opponents like Glicsor to name one. Gyro Ball as his STAB move of choice. Stealth Rock to set up entry hazards along with spikes and toxic spikes. Earthquake is important to take out Excadrill after popping its possible air balloon with Gyro Ball.

Blissey
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic​

This set is all about support. Aromatherapy would be used to cure status ailments of my team members. Softboiled simply healing me and the main attack toxic to wear down the sweeper. This way, my team won't have to worry about toxic spikes or if my rapid spinner Forretress couldn't rapid spin fast enough.

Gengar
Ability: Levitate
Item: Life orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Pain Split​

This is going to be my wall destroyer. It is effective against Snorlax and Blissey. Shadow Ball being my STAB. Pain Split being the key to this strategy, after a substitute I could destroy Blissey quickly. As with focus blast a Spec. Atk move for normal types that wouldn't be able to kill me, but me able to kill them.

Ability: No Guard
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Substitute
- DynamicPunch
- Payback
- Stone Edge​

I think the STAB move DynamicPunch and Substitute are the two key moves for this strategy. If I'm able to get a substitute up, I would be able to take out at least one pokemon before my opponent can set up against me. Payback would be able to counter idiots trying to counter me with a ghost type while Stone Edge and DynamicPunch make a good duo.

Well, I can't really review only 1 moveset...
Sorry, you better finish soon or this will be put in the mod's hands(or more precisely, under its boot).

Sorry. I was experimenting at first testing out what to do. This is my first thread I've ever done in my life lol.

This team is rather solid , i do have 1 suggestion at this time.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability : Intimidate
Evs: 252 Atk , 252 Spd , 6 Hp (you can also opt for a more bulky set too ofcourse)
Adamant Nature (Atk+ , Sp.Atk -)
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce/Ice Fang/EarthQuake/Stone Edge

This set is a bit better as your current one , beeing able to take some hits due to intimidate , and also having taunt to make his setup a bit more easy.

it looks like a 4th gen team trying to fit in with the 5th gen metagame.
eq wont hurt ferrothorn but gyradose can usually surprise him with a fire blast. with will also help you take down grass types in sun teams.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hey there,

Calm Mind Reuniclus is a extremely great threat to your team. First of all, it can set up on nearly anything bar Gengar, who will be easily destroyed after a Calm Mind boost which will allow it to continue set-upping and wrecking your team. While Bronzong x4 resists Psychic or Psyshock, a +6 Focus Blast will hurt it a lot, while it can't really do much back anyway. Blissey cannot stop it at all, even if it's the best special wall in the game. Furthermore, Nasty Plot Thundurus equally threatens your team. While Blissey is certainly a good special wall, it dies in two hit from a +2 Focus Blast, which means 49% of the time, you'll get plain swept by it. And it's not like Blissey can do much back to Thundurus. Luckily for you, a single pokemon is able to check these two threats relatively well, and the pokémon is Quagsire. Using Unaware, it will nullify the boosts of these two dangerous sweepers, and Thundurus will die quickly, while Reuniclus just can't do anything. I suggest you swap it with Machamp, since I don't really see its use on your team. Here's the Quagsire set you should use :

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Unaware
Sassy
EVs : 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
-Earthquake
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Good luck!

Hey there.

First off, there are a couple of things that can tear your team apart: Double Dance / CB Terrakion, DD / CB Dragonite, CM Reuniclus, DD Gyarados, SD Toxicroak.

Machamp is not really doing much to help your team, especially since enemy Gliscor can completely and utterly wall it's set. To defeat most of your weaknesses, I suggest that you replace it with a Slowbro.

Defensive Slowbro
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Relaxed Nature
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
- Slack Off
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Slowbro can easily defeat every major threat to your team outside of Reuniclus. Slowbro is very difficult to bring down due to Regenerator + Slack Off, especially since you have a rapid spinner to stop Slowbro from being damaged by entry hazards. A Relaxed Nature allows Slowbro to be slower than Brave Conkeldurr, who can otherwise deal major damage with Payback. Psychic lets it decimate the aforementioned Conkeldurr, as well as Toxicroak and Terrakion. Ice Beam lets Slowbro destroy Dragonite, and hit switch-ins such as Latios for a good amount of damage. Even CB Terrakion and Dragonite will have problems breaking through due to Regenerator, as you can just switch in either Bronzong or Forretress in order to take Outrage / Stone Edge, respectively.

In order to alleviate your Calm Mind Reuniclus weakness, switch your Gengar to a Sub + Disable variant. This variant is generally more effective in today's metagame, and can force a lot of switches; thus forcing your opponent to be worn down by Stealth Rock and Spikes. The set for this Gengar is Disable / Substitute / Shadow Ball / Focus Blast with Leftovers. CM Reuniclus cannot touch this set, as Gengar can use Substitute, take a Psyshock, disable it, and force a switch.

Also, run Volt Switch over Earthquake on Forretress. Magnezone can destroy Forretress with Hidden Power Fire regardless, so Earthquake will not help too much. Volt Switch allows Forretress to gain switch advantage against spin-blockers such as Jellicent and common switch-ins such as Balloon Heatran, and indirectly force switches and rack up entry hazards damaged.

Finally, I suggest that you run Ice Fang over Stone Edge and Frustration over Earthquake on Gyarados. Waterfall can normally hit hard enough to where Earthquake will not be needed; Frustration lets Gyarados hit Rotom-W very hard and allows it to have a much easier time sweeping. Ice Fang lets Gyarados hit pokemon such as Tangrowth much harder, as well as hit Dragonite and Salamence harder as well; there are not commonly used flying types such as Zapdos that will die to a boosted Stone Edge, but not a boosted Waterfall in the current metagame regardless.

Overall, solid team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

Great solid team. One thing thats a let down is those OHKO move-using pokes that will take advantage of machamps ability, giving them an easy kill.Try using him as your last, using a choice scarf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)