SM OU my ou team

If you are super into ou, which most people are, I'm sorry for the bad team you are looking at, keep that noted.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Main wall breaker with stab flamethrower and one turn solar beam

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Toxic

SR set up and fast hard hitting earthquake, rapid spin to clear rocks

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 112 HP / 244 Atk / 152 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Facade

Toxic orb, pretty obvious why, all the moves should be self explanitory

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Baneful Bunker
- Recover
- Toxic

Black Sludge for recovery, main stall mon and special defense tank

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Main physical defensive tank and with toxic and whirlwind to get toxic on opposing mons

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
- Whirlpool
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Recover

Bulky physical attacker in case excadrill goes down or i need a different resorte

Honestly there's no real reason I chose the mons that I did i just thought they worked well together, and I'm fairly new to showdown

Hi bro, i would like to help you with your team in the measure i can, first of all there's no need about saying sorry cause you are posting here to show us a team willing to improve. Furthermore you should have read the rules before posting a rmt because your thread isn't complete enough. You are saying that you just add the mons because you feel they pair good together, that way you wont be able to build solid teams so i'm giving you here resources that you will find helpful i guess.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usm-ou-role-compendium.3591882/ In the role compendium you will find what can every mon in the tier do so you can consider what do you need and add it.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usum-ou-ultra-viability-ranking-thread.3621329/ the vr is very helpful cause you can know this way which are the best/worst viable mons in the tier and you can check it to see if your team has a response for them.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usm-ou-speed-tiers.3587531/ the speed tiers are a bit more complex but they will help you to create your spreads because speedcreeping is real good.

Now, Getting into the rate.

Your team at a First Glance:

Well, being honest, it is a very weak team, Excadrill sash is commonly used as a suicide lead in offensive teams, it just doesn't do well in this type of fat.
Skarmory doesn't contribute in almost nothing to the team because one of the best things it can apport are spikes and you aren't using them, there are steels that could do better in this slot.
I will respect Charizard Y + SD Gliscor as the offensive core because i guess this is the aim of the team and they pair well.
Gastrodon + Toxapex aren't enough to cover threatening rain teams to Charizard Y cause a grass type would be more effective here, like tangrowth (+ another steel) or ferrothorn.
Char Y is very weak to entry hazards, this makes that excadrill with rapid spin isn't enough as hazard control. Furthermore i feel like a choice scarfer here would be helpful to revenge kill some threats to the team,

Threats:

• Rain Teams: Rain teams just destroy this build, mega swampert (skarm, glisc, exca, toxa, char Y) + Ferrothorn (for Gastro) and Koko/Magearna (for Skarm)
• Mega Alakazam: It just can't be handled with the mons you're using and tbh is a too much popular mega evolution to be ignored.
• Greninja Protean (especially Z Dig and Z Low Kick)
• Magnezone + Kartana: Once Skarmory is gone Kartana can proceed to sweep.
• And a long etc of mons that are a pain in the ass for the team cause you can't manage to handle/kill.

Optimization of The Team:

• Charizard Y: I'm just gonna spend more evs in HP to weaken the cance of loosing a 1v1 against M Medi among other stuff.
• Gliscor: I'm gonna tech the evs here too. You need 152 spe evs to outspeed Adamant Zyg and Timid Tran, and i added a lot of evs in HP to make it bulkier, this way it can be used more times as a switch/pivot and it's easier to set up. I also tried Ice Fang over Facade because Zygarde could be threatening for the team, because gliscor is the recommended switch.
• Ferrothorn: As i see it, ferro fits better as the water resist of the team, and also the rocker, cause it can help to deal with rain teams. And the Chople berry+T Wave tech can help against Fighting type mons, you can also weaken them with power whip (or add gyro if wanted on the t wave slot) to let them in Scarf gren rank (it can revenge kill them if weakened enough).
• Rotom Wash: Bulky water of the team, it can help with volca, lando... pain split is real good, it contributes to the squad with defog to remove rocks for charizard and it is also good against hawlucha. In addition to this, Volt-turn (volt switch, u-turn) is a good way to gain momentum to create ins for Gliscor or Zard Y to help breaking the opposite team.
• Tyranitar: Tbh i didnt't like the idea of having a ferro under sun cause there are mons that have hp fire as a tech for it and it can be counterproductive, Ttar helps a lot with volca and other special sweepers, and the most important function that ttar will have in the team is trapping latios/latias because they resist char Y well, and this av set is also useful against mega zam because it is threatening for the team.
• Greninja: Glue for the team, Spikes are really good for Gliscor and Zard Y and it can revenge kill threats like Zygarde, Zam, Lele... I give you the option here to choose the move you consider that you need in the rock slide slot (rs for zard x, gunk shot for lele, extrasensory for Lopunny)...

The team:

https://pokepast.es/9057019b3ecc84b2

New Threats:

• Fighting Types (Medi/Lopu. Zard should won the 1v1 and you have hazards to pressure, gren to rkill if you chip them a bit and the ferro tech.)
• Zygarde (Gliscor Should handle it)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)