SM OU My GEN7 OU Team

Alola Beatdown Squad

This team was my first attempt at the new gen7 ou ruling. It was hard deciding what pokemon i could put in, as well as which of them would lead me to a sure fire win in my battles.
Teambuilding Process

**Why did you choose this pokemon?**

The Team

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Marowak is my Tapu killer, since basically everyone is using them now. Will-O-Wisp is to burn the enemy and step up for my other pokemon. Shadow bone is the move that really does get the tapus dead and gone. Flare Blitz is a strong fire damage dealer. Earthquake is the powerhouse move of the pokemon world for those opponent who don't have levitate.

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Earthquake
Kommo-o is the teams dragon muscle, it is personally one of my fav alola pokemon, being both dragon and fighting. I put in the clanging scales move since it is by far the best dragon type move it can use for major damage and always hits his target. Flamethower is my counter ice type move to burn them away fast if i get the first move or survive their's. Earthquake is there for any pokemon that need to get K.O. fast, especially fairys. The hidden power may seem a bit strange but it is there to kill of water types that cause my team some serious troubles.

Celesteela @ Shed Shell
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Earthquake
Celesteela is the teams tanker with its high def. and its ability to boost his base def by 1 for each pokemon he kills. heavy slam is his signature move that causes lots of damage for most pokemon he faces. Leech seed is for if he needs to steal health from the opposing pokemon, it also is a good recovery for my whole team as long as it is on the field. Protect is if i need it to stay around to deal with other pokemon. Earthquake is my quick killer for most pokemon.

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Hydro Pump
- Crunch

Sharpedo is my mega pokemon muscle, he is here is i need to beat down on pokemon who refuse to die. Protect is there so it can stay in the battle longer and not get kiled off in one move. Ice fang is the type disadvantage counter as well as potential freeze move. Hydro pump covers its water type status. Crunch is a strong move which also covers for his dark type status.​

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Icicle Spear
Mamoswine is here for three reasons, he is a tanker, stealth rock starter, and speed advantage. His job is to put stealth rock on the field and then let another pokemon deal some major damage. Earthquake is one of the best moves out there so why wouldn't I put it in. Icicle spear is for multi hits of ice to the opponent. Stone edge is if none of the other moves are working against the opponent.

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
Garchomp is my phyical attacker as well my z-move pokemon. In addition it is another speedy pokemon .Swords Dance is to power him up to get a one turn kill. Outrage is to get an easy one turn kill for at least 2 pokemon. Earthquake is for quick major damage. Fire Fang is for type disadvantage counter.

Conclusion

Thia team is to get the enemy defeated in the quickest way possible. It can also go for a long stall battle. It has a few weaknesses but I think I got most of them covered. All I need now is any advice that will make this team even stronger.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Earthquake

Celesteela @ Shed Shell
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Earthquake

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Hydro Pump
- Crunch

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Icicle Spear

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Last edited by a moderator:
A better set for Sharpedo may be:

Sharpedo @ Sharpdeonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252+ Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
Nature: Jolly or Adamant
- Waterfall (flinches, 80base power physical move) If you insist on Hydro pump, keep the 4 SpAtk, or possibly add more.
- Crunch (stab, 80 base and then strong jaw)
- Ice Fang (coverage, kills flying and grass types easily)
- Protect (use this when you first bring it in and don't mega. It allows for the shark to gain more speed before mega evolving and gaining the ability strong jaw)

Another move option could be Poison Jab. It kills fairy types, and at least one Tapu is on each team.

Good team overall!!1!

I tried your team in showdown and am having fairly good results. (im such a noob at online battling, sometimes i dont know what types dont work against what lol) Do you send out mamoswine first for stealth rock?

I have a question! How do you insert the sprites you put in? also the little sprites in the Show/Hide teambuilding process box? Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)