My First RMT! 4th Gen OU

Who is your favorite Pokemon from my team?

• Scizor

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Weavile

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Azelf

• Dragonite

• Vaporeon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forretress

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
The Phantom Menace
A sweep team.

Intro
My team is an offensive sweep team based around Mixed Attacker Dragonite. Since this is my first team being rated please go easy....
Well let's get started!

Absol (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Night Slash

The point of Absol is to start on damaging the opponents Pokémon to help the Mixed Attack Dragonite get support from my others to leave Dragonite able to completely obliborate others teams and make them hide in the shadows. With the help of Absol this team becomes an offensive drill.

---

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 56 Atk/202 Spd/252 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- Extremespeed

The ability Dragonite has to sweep is nearly higher than the sky but, I find without any Damage set up Dragonite finds itself in a pit too high to fly out of ... (which is the point of my Absol) But, if able to get my other Pokes to get large damage on the oponents team they find themself at the mercy of me and Dragonite...

---

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Gyarados is here to assist Dragonite in sweeping by taking down any threat that Dragonite can’t take by himself. Pokemon walls carrying Ice Beam are teared apart by Gyarados. Gyardos can also force a switch and get a Dragon Dance and he then can sweep himself or tear apart their team to the point where Dragonite can just plow through them...

---

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 132 HP/214 Atk/164 Spd
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

Rhyperior is fitted into this team by getting rid of all physical attacking threats because of its monster Defence while also having large enough attack to do major damage to all attacking threats. He also plays a big role in being a physical wall himself.... So like everyone on this team he is a HUGE link.

---

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Surf
- Toxic
- Protect

Vaporeon is here to help Dragonite heal when his Life Orb starts taking a real toll. He can easilly get up the wish and pass it on or use it him self to Toxic Stall any walls that the Trio (Rhyperior, Gyarados, and Dragonite) Cant batter ram thereselves through. Vaporeon's another BIG link...

---

Gallade (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Psycho Cut
- Trick

Gallade..... Gallade.......... Galade.... He fits on this team because of his trick... He uses trick on things that would throw it of even if it was GOLD and covered in Pok'e Food.... (Vaporeon, Milotic, Suicune, Blissey e.t.c) So he screws up their cores and stratigies so Gallade can just go right through weaken up their team and leave it to the trio. Without Gallade this would just be a poor mash of walls and sweepers. So without Gallade this team just doesn't function right....
--
Conclusion
This team is great when it has momentum but when I find myself left with one Poke and they have 2 or 3 left I find myself stuck in a rut.... But when having the momentum with one Poke left I can just plow right out of the hole....

The first thing I notice on your team is the lack of Stealth Rock, which kills your chances of sweeping almost. Stealth Rock eases sweeps by breaking Focus Sash and also putting some Pokemon within a KO range.
If you want to really sweep, I suggest you fit Stealth Rock onto the team.

Ok I changed up the set on my Ryperior. ( I just Copyed and Pasted...) It helped my team a bunch now its 3-0! Do you think it was a good start for a team?

Absol (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Super Luck
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Night Slash

The point of Absol is to start on damaging the opponents Pokémon to help the Mixed Attack Dragonite get support from my others to leave Dragonite able to completely obliborate others teams and make them hide in the shadows. With the help of Absol this team becomes an offensive drill.

---

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- Extremespeed

The ability Dragonite has to sweep is nearly higher than the sky but, I find without any Damage set up Dragonite finds itself in a pit too high to fly out of ... (which is the point of my Absol) But, if able to get my other Pokes to get large damage on the oponents team they find themself at the mercy of me and Dragonite...

---

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Gyarados is here to assist Dragonite in sweeping by taking down any threat that Dragonite can’t take by himself. Pokemon walls carrying Ice Beam are teared apart by Gyarados. Gyardos can also force a switch and get a Dragon Dance and he then can sweep himself or tear apart their team to the point where Dragonite can just plow through them...

---

Rhyperior (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 244 HP/16 Atk/248 Spd
- Stone Edge
- Steath Rocks
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

Rhyperior is fitted into this team by getting rid of all physical attacking threats because of its monster Defence while also having large enough attack to do major damage to all attacking threats. He also plays a big role in being a physical wall himself.... So like everyone on this team he is a HUGE link.

---

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Surf
- Toxic
- Protect

Vaporeon is here to help Dragonite heal when his Life Orb starts taking a real toll. He can easilly get up the wish and pass it on or use it him self to Toxic Stall any walls that the Trio (Rhyperior, Gyarados, and Dragonite) Cant batter ram thereselves through. Vaporeon's another BIG link...

---

Gallade (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Steadfast
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Psycho Cut
- Trick

Gallade..... Gallade.......... Galade.... He fits on this team because of his trick... He uses trick on things that would throw it of even if it was GOLD and covered in Pok'e Food.... (Vaporeon, Milotic, Suicune, Blissey e.t.c) So he screws up their cores and stratigies so Gallade can just go right through weaken up their team and leave it to the trio. Without Gallade this would just be a poor mash of walls and sweepers. So without Gallade this team just doesn't function right....
--

Conclusion
This team is great when it has momentum but when I find myself left with one Poke and they have 2 or 3 left I find myself stuck in a rut.... But when having the momentum with one Poke left I can just plow right out of the hole....

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The main weakness I see here is to Starmie, and to a much less extent, Lanturn. These Pokemon can OHKO three Pokemon and cripple another with BoltBeam coverage plus their STAB attacks. Once Absol has been KOed, Starmie can literally revenge kill any Pokemon on your team. I would then replace Vaporeon with Blissey. It fulfils the WishPassing role and provides supreme special bulk, as well as surprisingly high physical bulk.

The most common set for Wish Blissey is Wish/Protect/Seismic Toss/Toxic or Thunder Wave, Bold max Def/HP.

Your team may prefer Thunder Wave, since it's filled with slower Pokemon outside Gyarados's boosts. Btw, why not try Jolly Gyarados with 164~172 Speed EVs? iirc, 164 is the minimum to outspeed Jolteon at +1 Jolly, allowing you to beat it and anything else base 130.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well Rhyperior has a pretty useless EV distribution from what I can see. With Blissey, you need something to tank strong non-Fighting physical attacks and I would use Rhyperior in that role. The Speed EVs would be more useful in either Special Defence to allow it to take weaker Super Effective attacks. However, I think you may have written the spread incorrectly as the set is otherwise exactly like the Smogon analysis' Support/Tank set.

Absol is not a particularly efficient lead in the DPPt metagame, as it is beaten by the majority of common leads, especially physically bulky leads or suicide leads who get rocks up anyway. To get around this, I would use a Scarfrachi lead. This gives you a half-decent revenge killer later in the game if you don't Trick the Scarf away, and cripples most other leads with the exception of Heatran who is handled easily by Blissey, Gyarados and Dragonite (and Rhyperior if it lacks HP Grass like most lead Tran).

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
The problems I noticed were:

-Your Pokemon of choice. Absol is not a good Pokemon in OU at all, nor is Rhyperior.
-For an offensive team, you lack a way to deal with: DD Dragonite, DD Gyarados (without HP Electric, Vaporeon isn't doing much to it), SD Lucario (Gyarados is FAR from a reliable way of handling it), CM Raikou, Specs Jolteon...... Yeah, lots of stuff
-Two SR-weak pokes and no spinner.
-You have no Steel-types. Steels are a must on any given OU team.

After I solve those, anything I say after that will be mostly nitpicking.

I'm going to start by replacing Absol AND Rhyperior in one shot, as both are simply not good enough to handle the OU metagame. I'm just gonna give you a typical lead Azelf set and wish you the best of luck for that.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast
-Explosion
-Taunt

Gets up your rocks. Job done. Fire Blast lets you take out non-Occa Berry Metagross leads, you can Taunt against opposing rocks (except for Aerodactyl's), and use Explosion if you really need to take something out. Quite frankly, I often use U-turn instead of Explosion because I don't like using Explosion, but I put Explosion in the set because I figured you'd argue that it's a better choice than U-turn. If you decide against Explosion, however, I'd recommend U-turn.

To replace Rhyperior, you should use a Choice Scarf Pokemon. For Choice Scarf users, you will need a Pokemon that resists ExtremeSpeed, first off. Unless you have an Ice Shard user, it also needs to at least speed tie with Jolly Choice Scarf Flygon. I very rarely suggest Jirachi nowadays, but it seems like you have no other choice. This also instantly solves the problem of "no Steel-type", so that's covered.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-U-turn

I put U-turn in the last slot because I have an overhaul for Vaporeon coming right your way. U-turn is a very useful move to have in your back pocket when using Jirachi, because without it, if they bring in Magnezone you're fucked. This is very bad at beating Lucario, because Fire Punch doesn't OHKO. You need to weaken it first, which takes skill to do, but I have a better option for beating Lucario coming your way. Fire Punch is a very good move to have for Scizor, though.

Alright, now for overhauling Vaporeon. First, run this EV spread: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 SpD, Bold Nature. This gives you more physical bulk that you will need in order to take on Gyarados, while still keeping SOME special bulk. Next, run Hidden Power Electric over Toxic. From my experience Toxic is pretty useless on Vaporeon, and I have always used Hidden Power Electric in that last slot because this lets Vaporeon actually beat Gyarados, emphasizing the fact that it is one of the best Gyarados counters in the game.

Were you wondering what my suggestion for beating Lucario more easily was? Alright, you should run a Physically-based Mixed Infernape over Gallade. Honestly, Gallade isn't that great of a Pokemon, with Lucario outspeeding and getting priority twice as powerful and Heracross being just as powerful, having a better STAB combination, and Guts. Infernape has its perks over Lucario and Heracross, getting a STAB priority move that it can use to beat Lucario (ExtremeSpeed only has +1 priority in DPP!) and having the highest Speed out of every Fighting-type in OU/BL, and even UU. Here's the set you should use:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
-Close Combat
-Overheat
-Mach Punch
-U-turn

I put U-turn over Grass Knot because Grass Knot isn't that useful in the current metagame, and U-turn is better as it lets you scout. If you were ever having problems with the SkarmBliss combo, well, Infernape right here eats that combo for breakfast. Mmm, Skarmbliss pancakes! Anyway, as said before, Mach Punch is used to solve your problems with Lucario.

If you're using Gyarados to counter Breloom, you're doing something wrong. Gyarados is neutral to Seed Bomb, so it can't just go switch in on Breloom all day long. Celebi should be your go-to Pokemon for Breloom.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
-Grass Knot
-Recover
-Heal Bell
-Hidden Power Fire

I put Heal Bell in the third slot because this lets you cure status, and you don't really need paralysis support. With Natural Cure, great Defense, and a resistance to both of Breloom's STABs, this thing is the best Breloom counter in existence. Hidden Power Fire is used instead of Psychic or something like that because it doesn't hit just Breloom, but also hits Scizor, who may come in to try to U-turn/Pursuit Celebi.

Instead of Dragonite, I recommend a ChestoRest Kingdra set. I've always believed this is the best user of Dragon Dance in the current metagame, with its only weakness being Dragon. Oh, guess who the only common Scarf user with Dragon moves is? Flygon. Ok, here's the set.

Kingdra @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 144 HP / 160 Atk / 40 SpD / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Outrage
-Rest

This set is simply monstrous. Blissey just used Toxic on you? Don't worry, keep setting up, you got the Rest + Chesto Berry combo go take care of everything. Once opposing dragons are gone, you can start racking up DDs, Rest off the damage you take, and start sweepin'.

So, your team should look like this after my changes:

Lead Azelf
ChestoRest Kingdra
Defensive Celebi
Scarf Jirachi
Vaporeon
Mixed Infernape

Hope this helped.

Lucaroark, is there really any reason behind why you're suggesting that Car replace five members of his team? I normally respect every other person's rate, but this one in particular is ridiculous -- and you should know better. Anyway, as already noted, this team is incredibly weak to Starmie; however, I don't believe that replacing Vaporeon with Blissey will do the trick, as you would then be very weak to Suicune, Infernape, Nasty Plot Celebi, and Gyarados (there are many other potential threats, but those are the most notable).

Sadly, the weakest links of this team are the UU Pokemon and Gallade, as many of the threats to your team get a free opportunity to switch in on said team members. First, I'd like to point out that Absol is doing literally nothing for this team, outside of revenge killing severely weakened Dragon Dancers, Gengar (if it isn't hiding behind a substitute, which is almost never) and Starmie. Because of this, I suggest replacing Absol with either a different anti-lead or entry hazard lead. In either case, your team will have been drastically improved, by gaining the ability to successfully gain momentum early in the game, setting up entry hazards (thus relieving Rhyperior of such that particular responsibility), or possibly both. Due to the offensive nature of your team, I'd recommend using a more offensive lead with the access to Stealth Rock, such as Azelf (particularly the "Colbur Lead" variant, in order to defeat Machamp get away from Choice Scarf Tyranitar if need be), Aerodactyl or Heatran. Getting Stealth Rocks up very early in the game would be very beneficial to your offensive core, as it secures many KOs and better capitalizes on forced switches.

I'd like to get Rhyperior out of the way next because, looking at the rest of your team, Rhyperior seems to be the odd man out. Rhyperior doesn't wall many physical threats and falls to many special threats, without the aid of sandstorm. You should try replacing Rhyperior with something more defensive -- something along the lines of Forretress. Forretress, despite lowering the overall damage output of this team, has far more utility than Rhyperior, shielding your two Flying-type Pokemon from Stealth Rock with Rapid Spin. Moreover, Forretress can prevent itself from being setup fodder by running Explosion; it should also be noted that Forretress can run a Shed Shell, due to Vaporeon being in the wings. You could also try Roserade in this slot. Roserade is able to efficiently check Jolteon, Starmie, absorb Toxic Spikes at the luxury of Vaporeon, and, most importantly, set up Spikes; however, this comes at the expense of not being able to spin Stealth Rocks away from your side of the field.

You seem to have a large weakness to faster attackers in general. Gyarados's Intimidate and Dragonite's Extremespeed are effective at stopping many fast threats, but both Pokemon can be worn down pretty easily. Gallade seems to be bring this team down as well; Gallade is very slow and doesn't have the defenses needed to take on OU's top contenders. Granted, Gallade can defeat a wide array of bulky Water-types and stall in general, but so can Gyarados if you change the current build to the Bulky Dancer variant. If you step outside of the comfort zone that you've created for this team, then you'll quickly find out that, with a few moveset changes, Gallade can easily become a negligible member of this team. You can make very good use out of Gallade's slot by replacing it with a Pokemon very much capable of patching up your remaining weaknesses. With offensive Starmie everywhere in OU, you're going to need a reliable method of taking it out. If you chose to take my Roserade suggestion, then that's magnificent, but even then, you're still weak to DDTar, Gengar, Nasty Plot Celebi, Infernape (any variant, really), and Shaymin. Choice Scarf Scizor makes short work of the aforementioned threats, with its speedy Pursuit, U-turn, and Superpower, so I'd suggest using it instead of Gallade.

Finally, change Vaporeon's EV spread to 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 SpD and replace Toxic with Hidden Power Electric. The current spread that you're using makes Vaporeon bait for pretty much every physical attacker in OU. The spread that I'm recommending comes right from Vaporeon's on-site analysis, and it balances out Vaporeon's defenses very well. Hidden Power Electric prevents Dragon Dance + Taunt Gyarados from curbstomping your entire team, but you can also use Roar in order to prevent Suicune (offensive Calm Mind, particularly) from being a problem.

Anyway, I hope that my rate helped, and good luck with your team!

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lucaroark, is there really any reason behind why you're suggesting that Car replace five members of his team? I normally respect every other person's rate, but this one in particular is ridiculous -- and you should know better.
You see here, his members didn't work out well at all, from my experience. He had two SR weak Pokemon, and no spinner. He was using Absol, for crying out loud. I agree that replacing five Pokemon is kinda ridiculous, but if you post a team this shitty, you should expect someone to replace a large percentage of your team. Also, I rated his team with what I would personally use on this team, but apparently that's illegal according to you.

Ok ALL of you have given me advice that helped....
(LucarioarkZ It annoyed me that you called my team S**tty and you replaced Pokes that didn't need to be changed. My Dragonite and Gyarados. For crying out loud that is what my team is based around!?!!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?)
But LucarioarkZ you changed FIVE of my team members!?!?!
Ok I changed My Absol with Aself (what BOTH of you recomended) I ended up picking the Colbur Lead because it both fit my team and my playing style. I took Rhyperior out for Rapid Spin Forretress because it can get the SR's out in a hurry and also set up its own Spikes(It also gets rid of the "No steel type" problem :p). I'm still debating between either Choice Scarf Scizor or Life Orb Infernape. Hmmm I also MAY have a different fighting style than you but I actually prefer Dragonite over Kingdra.
Gyarados was NOT replaced by Celebi because I take care of Breloom with this...

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- Extremespeed

Even with the Life Orb damage taking it's toll I take care of it with this..... (Thats the only reason he's on here!)

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Surf
- Toxic
- Protect

So I did only THREE changes NOT five... (I tested out the five changed and it helped LESS than with these three) Agian MY FIGHTING STYLE IS DIFFERENT FROM YOURS! That is why less ment more for me...

michael

m as in mancy
Blissey is honestly a much better Wishpasser for your team. Its sole weakness to Fighting is resisted by nearly everything on your team, while nearly nothing can take a powerful special Electric hit, while being able to take the coverage Ice or Grass attack. For this reason, Blissey would be much more effective.

TauntDD Gyarados has its way with your team at the moment. Nothing can really touch it after a Dragon Dance and it, with Waterfall and Stone Edge, can rip though your team. If you are set on using Vaporeon, you can Hidden Power Electric on it. ATM you'll need to use your own Gyarados to Stone Edge it, taking severe damage itself. You could use an Agiligross over your Gyarados, with Meteor Mash, Thunderpunch, and Earthquake. It's a powerful setup sweeper and hard-counters TauntDD Dos, while also giving you a valuable Dragon-type resistance.

Well after all of the debating and changing this is what I have SO FAR (I used the Metagross Idea.. It helps alot with those pesky Gyarados'! I also took out my Gallade for Choice Scarf Scizor, I took out Absol for my Colbur Berry Azelf, Agilagross for my Gyarados and my Rhyperior for my Shed Shell Foretress )

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP/140 Atk/216 Spd/144 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Explosion
---
Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- Extremespeed
---
Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spd
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch
---
Forretress (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Payback
- Rapid Spin
---
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
---
Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 12 HP/252 Atk/244 Spd
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I just read the message you sent me. Anyway, it definitely looks a lot better than it did before, but I'm just going to try a few things that may solve the problems you said you were having.

First, I think running Earthquake over Toxic Spikes on Forretress will help out the team a lot, since Toxic Spikes is only really useful on a stall team (and even on a stall team, Tentacruel is arguably more useful to set up Toxic Spikes). It helps with incoming Magnezone, and even if you mispredict, Forretress has Shed Shell to allow it to switch out. It's also useful if Lucario tries to come in, since without Earthquake on Forry, only Scizor really stands a chance.

Metagross kinda works against TauntDD Gyarados, but it will lose against Offensive DD Gyarados w/ Earthquake. Blissey is good and all, but I'm convinced that Vaporeon fits the team better because with Hidden Power Electric, it helps with Gyarados. I'm going to recommend the same Wish support set for Vaporeon that's on the analysis.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
-Wish
-Protect
-Surf
-Hidden Power Electric

Metagross is a good Pokemon and all, but looking over the team, I don't really see anything that can take on DD Dragonite with Dragon Claw + Fire Punch + Earthquake, since Scizor is outsped after D-nite uses Dragon Dance. Weavile is a Pokemon I very rarely suggest, but I think it can actually work quite well for you. Here's the set i have in mind:

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Ice Shard
-Low Kick
-Night Slash

Has the coveted Dark+Fighting coverage to punch holes in a lot of things that aren't defensively-oriented and Ice Shard to destroy Dragonite and Flygon all in one package! It's easily walled, but Dragonite should be more than capable of taking out whatever walls Weavile (Skarm and Forry come to mind). I changed up the EVs from the ones on-site a little bit, though. The 40 HP EVs are more often than not completely useless, because it doesn't help Weavile live anything. Running max speed is more useful because in that case, you will at worst speed tie with other maximum-speed Weaviles.

I hope this helped. Good luck!

Hmmm.... My team is much better, but I tend to have problems with ALL Mamoswines & Vaporeons. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)