My Current UU Team

Hello Smogon. I am fairly new to the competitive Pokemon scene. So forgive me if this team has weird choices and all that.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

I choose Mega-Aerodactyl as it is one of the fastest Pokemon in this tier. I generally use him as cleanup to take out the rest of their team once I have downed a few of their other Pokemon or weakened them substantially. I have tried a few others before him, Ampharos and Houndoom, but felt that I wanted the blazing fast speed as an advantage to help with always getting the first strike to just wipe everyone out when the time comes.

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Roost

I choose him because he was seen listed as S-tier. I am using him as my primary Special Attack sweeper against opponents that are not faster than him or do not have any or possibly not have any form of STAB coverage. I usually bring him out by switching him out to tank hits from Electric/Grass/Water/Fire moves and then attempt for the sweep. This so far has worked for my about half the time, but those bulkier Pokemon that can survive a full force Draco Blast give me issues sometimes.

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 168 HP / 88 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

My secondary Special Sweeper. I chose to use one of the Nidos as I previously lacked STAB coverage for Fairy-Types and Electric-Types, which both of them happen to provide. Move set is fairly standard and provides some STAB and coverage. I have had Nidoking previously in this slot, but decided to give his female counterpart for a spin due to her bigger bulk in comparison, so I can at least have a better chance to land a blow before going down if beaten out by speed in comparison. Though I have not played enough games yet to make a good comparison on who I like better.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

My main wall/stall. Move set is fairly standard. Scald to provide me with some form of semi-reliable burning and some damage on the side. Psyshock as a tool to help peel off some special walls or Pokemon with low Defense. Ice Beam to add more coverage to Dragon Types. I use him to keep on eating hits while regenerating with Slack Off. Then throw in a few hits when I feel he is healthy enough and continue to heal before recalling to heal up with Regenerator and sending out another suitable Pokemon.

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

My primary Physical Sweeper. The move set is fairly standard as it provides two STAB moves and some coverage for pesky enemies like Flying and Psychic. I use him as my lead, depending on the opposing team, to try and sweep as much of them as possible before I have to make him retreat or he goes down.
However, I been not really liking the Choice Band much as I have been constantly switching him back in and out in order to get another move out with him. I been digging around for

Entei @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

Entei I consider to be my secondary physical sweeper. Dealing with faster Pokemon was one of my main issues. So I chose Entei for its fairly high speed combined with its formidable other stats. With its fast speed, combined with Extreme Speed, it is quite often that I can get the first strike with him and deal a good chunk of damage or a KO.

The biggest issues right now I been facing are effectively wall-breaking and dealing with entry hazards. Those two are the main things I am looking for right now to deal with. I been also been considering on reconsidering my coverage for Dragon and Fairy Types by possible adding in someone like Metagross.

Pilo

uses walther
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I really like it but you should probably take the 4 hp EVs on entei and put them into sp.def since that will let you live more rocks switch ins :]

Welcome to smogon! Good tram especially for your first go at competitve battling. On that note i have a few suggestions..
1. Adamant is probably the better choice on aero simply to hit harder. He only needs 136 speed evs to speed creep base 115s like mega doom, absol, azelf, raikou. The only notable threat you lose with adamant is outspeeding mega mane who is probably going up to ou.
2. Since your team effectively lacks a scarfer, i recommend scarf hydra. Timid nature on dm, fire blast, dark pulse and u turn give you momentum and great coverage. Timid is important to outpace scarf darm and hera. If you choose modest, you lose to both.
3.nidoqueen is a fantastic wallbreaker. Run life orb, modest and earth power, sludge wave, focus blast and ice beam and you have almost flawless coverage. 96hp, 252 sp atk and 160 speed evs lets you hit hard and take a hit.
4. Slowbro is good, but you may want to consider t wave over ice beam. Itll allow hera and nidoqueen to tear through teams so easily.
5. Adamant on hera 100%. Personally, there arent too many ghost in the tier, so i use sleep talk on banded guts hera. none of your pokes like to be put asleep and it can be a great sleep absorber. Adamant choice band with a status gives it a 37.5% chance to ohko 252/0 florges.

More to come later...

Pilo

uses walther
Any more specific changes you could suggest? Any alternative items to CB for Heracross aside from say, maybe Life Orb?
Probably having entei banded and herra scarfed would be nice since your team could use a scarfer and enter isn't the best AV user :]

Any opinions on how to re-tool this as an effective HO /pure wallbreaker team? All these defensive and stall teams with all the entry hazards in UU really annoying me so much. I mean, a lot. Drives me into "want to hit you in the face rage".

Last edited:

Pilo

uses walther
Any opinions on how to re-tool this as an effective HO /pure wallbreaker team? All these defensive and stall teams with all the entry hazards in UU really annoying me so much. I mean, a lot. Drives me into "want to hit you in the face rage".
Specs Nidoqueen?

You should consider Scarf on Hera. It becomes incredibly powerfull with the Close-Combat/Moxie combo and doesn't have to fear Talonflame's Brave Bird since this guy is in OU (thanks!). You can play it with Adamant Nature for more power. You still outspeed Timid 252Spe Jolteon, but you're just to slow to outspeed Timid 252 Mega-Manetric.
As Patrick said before T-wave is a great option on Slowbro since your team isn't especially fast (exept M-Aerodactyl). You can also play it with Assault Vest Psychic, Flame Burst, Scald and ice beam to surprise your opponents =)
Also think about Life Orb Nidoqueen. Sheer Force cancels recoil and makes it a decent Special attacker (I still pref Nidoking but 'Queen is a viable choice).

Great team, but like Daxid suggested, Life Orb along with Sheer Force provides great power. Another problem is that the more-common Nidoking can hit you first, and 1HKO easily.
Personally for Slowbro I would prefer a status move like T-wave or Toxic.
That's about it. Again, well-rounded team.

Pilo

uses walther
Not that I'm any good at UU but LO Nidoqueen doesn't take recoil damage with Sheer Force, which doesn't hit much weaker than Specs and lets you use its coverage to full advantage.
Specs Nido does hit harder but I guess LO is a much better suited option :]

Hi there. About a week ago I decided I wanted to use a team with M-Aero and Band Hera, and that day I found this team. I've done a few battles a day on most days with it, and am up to 1241 ELO with a 10-2 record. Still low, I know, but I'm just getting started. I'll keep this post updated with my progress for the next few days, including any threats that I find and changes I make.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)