My Current PO Team

Ok this is my current team on PO. I haven't been on in awhile, and when I was more active on Smogon's server I peaked at about 500/etc.

Mercury (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Drizzle
Modest
252 Hp/4 Def/252 Sp. Atk

-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Hyper Voice
-Encore

Of course, the Politoed. It functions as an attacker mainly focused on causing switches. Water/Normal have great coverage and Ice Beam just adds to that, while Encore annoys attempting sweepers. I don't like using Choice items, especially with Encore, for the obvious reasons (though if someone can particularly persuade me, I may use a Scarf). When using Team Preview, if I see the opponent has a weather inducer, I generally don't send Poli out first. I'm going for a more defensive EV spread to survive more hits and the fact that it really doesn't need much speed considering its Weather-inducing rivals...

Crystallux (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
Timid
4 Hp/252 Sp Atk/252 Spe

-Scald
-Thunder
-Ice Beam/Psyshock
-Rapid Spin

Somewhat standard Starmie set. Takes care of Entry Hazards along with being just a nice psuedo-sweeper. Scald over Surf because most anything that would die to Surf in rain will die to it, and a burn chance is nice for what doesn't. I'm not sure what to do for the third slot, better coverage or a second STAB.

Boreas (Jellicent) @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Calm
252 Hp/144 Def/108 Sp Def

-Scald
-Evil Eye/Shadow Ball
-Recover
-Toxic

The "wall" of my team, and a rather solid one at that. He keeps Scizor and Water types in check and also allows some nasty status spreading. The only Pokemon that I'm not completely sold on keeping (would Tentacruel be better?). Second slot is a question of whether or not Evil Eye with the damage bonus after either Poisoning or Burning the opponent is worth having to inflict the status ailment.

Zagan (Scrafty) @ Leftovers
Shed Skin
Careful
252 Hp/252 Atk/4 Sp Def

-Drain Punch
-Payback
-Dragon Tail
-Bulk Up

My Ttar/Excadrill Killer. <3 This little OG is somewhere between a wall and a sweeper. I prefer Bulk Up to DD because, really, Scrafty won't be out speeding a whole lot after 1 or 2 DD's. If y'all can think of a good replacement to Dragon Tail, go ahead, but I like being able to phaze out other stat uppers.

Azul (Carracosta) @ Expert Belt
Sturdy
Adamant
4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Spe

-Aqua Jet
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Shell Smash

Arguably, the star of my team. Great in both Rain and Sand (and kills most sand teams with the grace of a freight train.) Aqua Jet in Rain just murders most things. Plus, the priority makes up for it's still somewhat lackluster Speed even after Shell Smash, and is it's only real Defense against Scizor. Edge/quake for SE coverage. Sturdy allows for easy setup of Shell Smash.

Megaera (Mismagius) @ Leftovers
Levitate
Timid
4 Hp/252 Sp Atk/252 Spe

-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Nasty Plot
-Substitute

An underrated sweeper to say the least. Easily sets up on Chansey and Blissey along with Choiced EQ and Fighting moves. The combination of Hp Fight and Shadow Ball is obvious for its virtually unresisted coverage, and Sub for a status blocker. An unfortunate speed tier sets it behind Gengar, but otherwise it's a valuable addition to my team. It's sub can even take two of any standard Blissey's Thunderbolt/Ice Beam for even greater ease of set-up.

Threats
From what I've experienced, SD/BP Scizor can make my team fail miserably given the chance after Jellicent is gone. Garchomp is hard to deal with, though not unmanageable. Gengar with Sub/Split has a tendency to be a nuisance too. Otherwise, my team has a relatively good Check list for common threats. Sandstorm teams' common Pokemon (not counting Garchomp) are dealt with promptly by Scrafty, Carracosta, and Starmie. TR teams usually don't do well.... period. And Drought isn't used enough for me to really take any notes on it.

Final Words
Please, if you can, give me some constructive hints while still retaining the basic feel of my team. That means no bawwing about it being "another Politoed team," and I don't even want to hear the name Zapdos.. :p

P.S. Cookie if you know where I got my nicknames from. :D

to counter scisor, you could try hidden power fire on politoad instead of hyper voice. You should also consider changing out one of your water types for a pokemon like thunderous, that can also counter scisor if it gets para haxed. thunder and huricane has perfect accuracy in rain, so it can be very useful.

Instead of evil eye on jellicent have hex as if the foe has a status (burned/poisoned) it does double damage(100bp). Scrafty should have rest instead of dragon tail as shed skin means he can recover quickly after a few bulk ups and then drain punch to attack and survive.

evil eye is hex. also try changing starmie's scald to hydro pump. it does more damage and takes out more stuff then scald. for jellicent, use evil eye only if u r running will-o-wisp cuz will-o-wisp helps more on a special wall like jellicent

Pretty solid rain team, common stuff, can't criticize much.
I love the use of Scrafty! But You should try rest over dragon tail. You use rest, and then have a good chance of healing your Slp status with shed skin. Just a thought.:pimp:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)