Other Most Improved Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of Metagross, when Pokebank happens, it can have Gravity through B/W2 Move Tutors. If you do run Sticky Web, this is a great move to have on it to prevent the likes of Talonflame and other Flying Pokemon from ruining your day/sweep. And, because of its Clear Body, it's immune to the opponent's Sticky Web.
I agree it'll probably be UU, but it does have a bit of a niche in OU.
Also, Gravity will make its Meteor Mashes more accurate as an added bonus.

I wouldn't write off Metagross as UU quite yet. He has a priority STAB that can kill faries, and assault vest is excellent on him. He was definitely hit hard by the steel nerf, but I think he still stands a chance. His stats are just too high for UU imo. He could end up in BL.

I wouldn't write off Metagross as UU quite yet. He has a priority STAB that can kill faries, and assault vest is excellent on him. He was definitely hit hard by the steel nerf, but I think he still stands a chance. His stats are just too high for UU imo. He could end up in BL.
High stats mean nothing. Remember that Kyurem-B was in OU despite it having the second-highest BST in the game, and the second-highest ATK in the game. Sadly, fairies will probably be rare, except for Mega-Mawile, Azumarill, and possible Mega-Gardevoir. Only MG is hit super-effectively by bullet punch. Metagross' real use is in it's immunity to Sticky Web, which when combined with your own Sticky Web, makes it a very effective sweeper.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
While i'm not sure if its the most improved, i think Crawdaunt at least deserves a mention here since it got buffed quite significantly this gen.

First off, Crawdaunt finally got one of the things it needed most: a decent priority move. There's no doubt that Crawdaunt hits pretty hard, but pre x/y it was notable that Crawdaunt was still somewhat slow after a dragon dance, making it sorta mediocre. Now that Crawdaunt has a powerful Aqua Jet to work with (slightly stronger than Azumarill's Aqua Jet and even Diggersby's Quick Attack in fact!), it doesn't have to care about how fast it is, as it can simply batter faster, frailer opponents with an Adaptability boosted Aqua Jet, while running enough Speed to outpace and smash frailer opponents with its stronger STAB moves, speaking of stronger stab moves....

Crawdaunt also recieved two great STAB moves this gen in the form of a newly buffed Crabhammer and Knock Off. Crabhammer was often seen as worse than Waterfall last generation despite having slightly higher BP because of its lower accuracy. but x/y has given Crabhammer 10 more BP, making it an 100 BP physical water-type move, a significant step up from Waterfall despite the slightly lower accuracy. Combine this new base power with Adaptability and Crawdaunt has a massively powerful 200 Base Power move to spam, which is strong enough to OHKO even most reasonably bulky Pokemon and 2HKO decently bulky resists such as Azumarill with no prior damage.

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 204-241 (50.49 - 59.65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Knock Off got a pretty cool buff this gen too, its still only 65 base power, which is weaker than Crunch and even Night Slash, but it still has the benefit of removing the opponent's item and it happens to get a 1.5 power boost when it does this, making it only slightly weaker than Crabhammer on first hit! Its pretty obvious no Pokemon wants to be on the recieving end of that Knock Off, even if it gets weaker afterwards.

Lastly, while indirect, the Steel-type nerf helps Crawdaunt out quite a bit too, as it means that various Steel-types such as Ferrothorn will no longer be able to switch into its Dark-type moves with impunity, in fact taking surprisingly high amounts of damage if they try and do so (Knock Off does like 65-77% to standard ferro on the first hit, holy fuck lol). This of course makes Crawdaunt's Dark-type moves much more spammable and decreases the need for moves such as Superpower, which is always nice.

So all in all, while i still don't think it'll break the OU mark, i think Crawdaunt got buffed pretty significantly this gen, and i could totally see both Swords Dance and Choice Band Crawdaunt being significant threats in the x/y lower tiers, whichever one it ends up in, what do you all think?

While i'm not sure if its the most improved, i think Crawdaunt at least deserves a mention here since it got buffed quite significantly this gen.

First off, Crawdaunt finally got one of the things it needed most: a decent priority move. There's no doubt that Crawdaunt hits pretty hard, but pre x/y it was notable that Crawdaunt was still somewhat slow after a dragon dance, making it sorta mediocre. Now that Crawdaunt has a powerful Aqua Jet to work with (slightly stronger than Azumarill's Aqua Jet and even Diggersby's Quick Attack in fact!), it doesn't have to care about how fast it is, as it can simply batter faster, frailer opponents with an Adaptability boosted Aqua Jet, while running enough Speed to outpace and smash frailer opponents with its stronger STAB moves, speaking of stronger stab moves....

Crawdaunt also recieved two great STAB moves this gen in the form of a newly buffed Crabhammer and Knock Off. Crabhammer was often seen as worse than Waterfall last generation despite having slightly higher BP because of its lower accuracy. but x/y has given Crabhammer 10 more BP, making it an 100 BP physical water-type move, a significant step up from Waterfall despite the slightly lower accuracy. Combine this new base power with Adaptability and Crawdaunt has a massively powerful 200 Base Power move to spam, which is strong enough to OHKO even most reasonably bulky Pokemon and 2HKO decently bulky resists such as Azumarill with no prior damage.

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 204-241 (50.49 - 59.65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Knock Off got a pretty cool buff this gen too, its still only 65 base power, which is weaker than Crunch and even Night Slash, but it still has the benefit of removing the opponent's item and it happens to get a 1.5 power boost when it does this, making it only slightly weaker than Crabhammer on first hit! Its pretty obvious no Pokemon wants to be on the recieving end of that Knock Off, even if it gets weaker afterwards.

Lastly, while indirect, the Steel-type nerf helps Crawdaunt out quite a bit too, as it means that various Steel-types such as Ferrothorn will no longer be able to switch into its Dark-type moves with impunity, in fact taking surprisingly high amounts of damage if they try and do so (Knock Off does like 65-77% to standard ferro on the first hit, holy fuck lol). This of course makes Crawdaunt's Dark-type moves much more spammable and decreases the need for moves such as Superpower, which is always nice.

So all in all, while i still don't think it'll break the OU mark, i think Crawdaunt got buffed pretty significantly this gen, and i could totally see both Swords Dance and Choice Band Crawdaunt being significant threats in the x/y lower tiers, whichever one it ends up in, what do you all think?
Wow, I wasn't aware Knock-off had that extra effect. I'm really liking all of these buffs to Crawdaunt as its always been a Pokemon I rather liked. I was always fond of its design, and I was thrilled when Ash got a Corphish of his own (sadly, it hasn't evolved... yet). I'm pretty tempted to use one now.

Now, would it be better to use Swords Dance or Dragon Dance on it? I assume Swords Dance with slight speed investment would be good if you don't have Sticky Web support, but would you run Dragon Dance if you do? Now that I'm thinking about this, I wonder if it would be good with a Metagross running Gravity with Sticky Web support? (of course, I'm talking about Pokebank OU)

Wow, I wasn't aware Knock-off had that extra effect. I'm really liking all of these buffs to Crawdaunt as its always been a Pokemon I rather liked. I was always fond of its design, and I was thrilled when Ash got a Corphish of his own (sadly, it hasn't evolved... yet). I'm pretty tempted to use one now.

Now, would it be better to use Swords Dance or Dragon Dance on it? I assume Swords Dance with slight speed investment would be good if you don't have Sticky Web support, but would you run Dragon Dance if you do? Now that I'm thinking about this, I wonder if it would be good with a Metagross running Gravity with Sticky Web support? (of course, I'm talking about Pokebank OU)
I'm not sure running Gravity on Metagross is such a good idea. Sure, you stop flying types from avoiding your Web, but how many of them can hit Metagross hard? The only good one I can think of is Talonflame, which if it is invested in speed outspeeds Metagross even if it gets affected by Sticky Web. The evasion decrease is nice, what with Metagross' best STAB options being low accuracy, but Metagross can do a similar thing with Hone Claws, and get a nice boost in power at the same time.

Totally agreed. Dark typing is also very valuable now in that it is the only type that resists Ghosts and Dark (though the lower tiers will be densely populated by Fairies which are > Dark types). Does it have even decent speed after a Dragon Dance? 55 base speed is just so low.

I think Crawdaunt will be solid UU this gen, probably even usable in OU! It got seem pretty intense damage buffs. Both of its STABs are basically 100 BP now compared to 80 last gen. That's a big deal when you have Adaptability. Knock Off is a glorious utility move and it's almost cheap being able to use it as your main STAB lol. Are you serious it has an AJ stronger than Azu's? That's incredibly impressive.

Does it have even decent speed after a Dragon Dance? 55 base speed is just so low.
Yep. If you use Dragon Dance OR Sticky Web: With full investment, and a positive nature, it can beat fully invested, positive natured base 106 speed pokemon,fully invested neutral natured base 122 pokemon and univested base 153 pokemon. With both it can beat fully invested, positive natured base 184 pokemon; if you use an adamant nature instead of a jolly one, but still invest in speed EVs and both kinds of support it can beat fully invested, positive natured base 164. That shows you how much speed changes matter. 3/2 is a lot to increase by when you're talking about overall stats, and 9/4 is even more!

Yep. If you use Dragon Dance OR Sticky Web: With full investment, and a positive nature, it can beat fully invested, positive natured base 106 speed pokemon,fully invested neutral natured base 122 pokemon and univested base 153 pokemon. With both it can beat fully invested, positive natured base 184 pokemon; if you use an adamant nature instead of a jolly one, but still invest in speed EVs and both kinds of support it can beat fully invested, positive natured base 164. That shows you how much speed changes matter. 3/2 is a lot to increase by when you're talking about overall stats, and 9/4 is even more!
I would love to see the calculations of that.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Are you serious it has an AJ stronger than Azu's? That's incredibly impressive.
Yup! Thanks to Adaptability Crawdaunt's Aqua Jet is notably stronger than Azumarill's Aqua Jet, heres a damage calc for proof.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 126-148 (35.19 - 41.34%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 142-168 (39.66 - 46.92%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

While i'm at it, here are some more damage calcs of Crawdaunt against some currently OU (and UU!) Pokemon to show just how hard Crawdaunt hits (i'm aware some won't be available until post pokebank), what it can wallbreak, and what it can revenge kill, i'll calc some more on request if any of you want them! Hide tags because a lot of calcs.

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 192-228 (58.71 - 69.72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Superpower vs. 252 HP / 48+ Def Ferrothorn: 282-332 (80.11 - 94.31%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 48+ Def Ferrothorn: 230-272 (65.34 - 77.27%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash: 468-552 (144.44 - 170.37%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash: 238-282 (73.45 - 87.03%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash: 236-280 (72.83 - 86.41%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 192-228 (54.23 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 56 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 370-436 (91.35 - 107.65%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Superpower vs. 56 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 452-534 (111.6 - 131.85%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 354-418 (98.88 - 116.75%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 348-410 (97.2 - 114.52%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 142-168 (39.66 - 46.92%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 538-634 (76.42 - 90.05%) -- 18.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 450-530 (63.92 - 75.28%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 442-520 (62.78 - 73.86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bronzong: 220-260 (65.08 - 76.92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bronzong: 432-512 (127.81 - 151.47%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 262-310 (65.33 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 258-304 (64.33 - 75.81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 206-244 (78.62 - 93.12%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 164-194 (62.59 - 74.04%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 136-162 (39.65 - 47.23%) -- 38.67% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 340-400 (99.12 - 116.61%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus-T: 182-216 (60.86 - 72.24%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 218-258 (53.96 - 63.86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 312-368 (79.18 - 93.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

I would love to see the calculations of that.
It's just basic algebra. I'll run you through the first one:
First,you can either calculate the speed stat for Crawdaunt yourself, or consult serebii. Serebii is always right as far as I can tell, but you might want to calculate it yourself.
The formula on bulbapedia is:
Stat=((((31+2*Base+EV/4)*Level)/100)+5)*Nature
At level 100 the formula simplifies to:
Stat=(31+2*Base+EV/4+5)*Nature
Therefore, with full investment:
Stat=(31+2*55+252/4+5)*1.1
=(36+110+52)*1.1
=198*1.1
=217 (after rounding down)
Then comes the algebra. The modifier is 3/2 for one positive stage and 2/3 for one negative stage. You might notice that one stage has the same effect no matter which kind it is, but one stage on each side is better than 2 on one (9/4 total as opposed to 8/4). Anyway, with one stage, take x to be the base stat we can outspeed, assuming full investment and a positive nature:
(3/2)*217=(31+2x+252/4+5)*1.1
At this point I plugged it into Wolfram alpha and got what I posted. You can do exactly the same to work out the other results I got, just by changing the parameters. Speed is simple though. You wait till damage calculations get involved.

I tell you what, I've just been using Exploud and it's frightening how the introduction of just one high-powered STAB move has taken what was a pretty slow, frail, and just overall underwhelming Pokémon and changed it into the destroyer of worlds. It takes some care to maneuver it into position, and it's hard to recommend using without Sticky Web support, but Scrappy Specs Boomburst has simply been evaporating the entire tier for me. I just cleanly 2HKOed a Goodra with it - it switched in, got blasted for 52%, got slowed by Sticky Web, and then disintegrated on the follow-up attack. I don't know what set it was - it was unlikely to be that absurdly bulky assault vest set - but even so, this is a poke with base 150 sp. def taking hits from a Pokémon with less than base 100 sp. atk. Even very bulky pokes that resist, such as Aegislash, have been switching into it and being chunked for upwards of thirty percent on each hit 0 Exploud's great special coverage has proved almost unnecessary so far, as Boombusrt has been destroying everything it hits, resistant or not. And Showdown isn't even registering hits through Substitute yet. While I don't think that it will end up as an OU Pokémon (too frail and slow in a tier full of fast threats and powerful priority attackers), I can't see that sheer amount of terrifying firepower staying NU this gen.

perplexingpool

Banned deucer.
Yup! Thanks to Adaptability Crawdaunt's Aqua Jet is notably stronger than Azumarill's Aqua Jet, heres a damage calc for proof.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 126-148 (35.19 - 41.34%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

While i'm at it, here are some more damage calcs of Crawdaunt against some currently OU (and UU!) Pokemon to show just how hard Crawdaunt hits (i'm aware some won't be available until post pokebank), what it can wallbreak, and what it can revenge kill, i'll calc some more on request if any of you want them! Hide tags because a lot of calcs.

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 192-228 (58.71 - 69.72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Superpower vs. 252 HP / 48+ Def Ferrothorn: 282-332 (80.11 - 94.31%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 48+ Def Ferrothorn: 230-272 (65.34 - 77.27%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash: 468-552 (144.44 - 170.37%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash: 238-282 (73.45 - 87.03%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash: 236-280 (72.83 - 86.41%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 192-228 (54.23 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 56 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 370-436 (91.35 - 107.65%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Superpower vs. 56 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 452-534 (111.6 - 131.85%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 354-418 (98.88 - 116.75%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 348-410 (97.2 - 114.52%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 538-634 (76.42 - 90.05%) -- 18.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 450-530 (63.92 - 75.28%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 442-520 (62.78 - 73.86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bronzong: 220-260 (65.08 - 76.92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bronzong: 432-512 (127.81 - 151.47%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 262-310 (65.33 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 258-304 (64.33 - 75.81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 206-244 (78.62 - 93.12%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 164-194 (62.59 - 74.04%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 136-162 (39.65 - 47.23%) -- 38.67% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 340-400 (99.12 - 116.61%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus-T: 182-216 (60.86 - 72.24%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 218-258 (53.96 - 63.86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 312-368 (79.18 - 93.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
That's very impressive! However, most fast fighting types (Mienshao, Keldeo, Lucario etc.) can take a hit and KO back with a fighting type STAB, which can somewhat hinder Crawdaunt's usefulness. Also, it's poor speed and defenses means that faster priority users can revenge kill it quite easily.

I have been running a Dragon Dance Crawdaunt set with Life Orb, which hits ridiculously hard after just one boost, cleanly 2HKOing Forretress and many other defensive Pokemon and OHKOing most offensive Pokemon. It unfortunately suffers from 4 moveslot syndrome; it's tough deciding whether you want to cut Superpower, Knock Off, or Aqua Jet.

Mega-Mewtwo.With Modest 252 investment, 505 SPA.That's nuclear.
I assume you're talking about MMY? Don't forget there are two. MMY is pretty much a straight up power boost from regular Mewtwo, whereas MMX is a bit more complicated. It's pretty useless at the moment, as although it gains an extra stab, and an amazing offensive typing, it has a terrible physical level up and TM movepool. However, it learns some decent physical moves from Gen V move tutors - including drain punch. That combined with bulk up could make it a bulky physical threat. Plus the surprise factor will leave people guessing. Mewtwo gained a lot, although I wouldn't say it's the most improved, seeing as how it was already a top Uber threat.

Just because everything else interesting has been covered: Rotom Mow now has a neat niche of (afaik) being the only thing immune to both paralysis and spore/powder, allowing it to hypothetically sponge some statuses.
Actually, Wormadam-G (lol) also is immune to Thunder Wave and powder with Overcoat. The same applies to any Electric-type or Ground-type with Safety Goggles.

Actually, Wormadam-G (lol) also is immune to Thunder Wave and powder with Overcoat. The same applies to any Electric-type or Ground-type with Safety Goggles.
Actually, Wormadam-G and any Ground type with SG can still be paralyzed by moves like Glare, Body Slam, or (smirk) Delcatty's Normalize Thunder Wave. Only Electric types with SG, Overcoat or a secondary Grass typing are completely immune to paralysis and powder moves.

Oh crap, Delcatty Normalize Thunder Wave, we got ourselves a winner here! Use it to paralyze the likes of Garchomp, Dugtrio, Excadrill- what the hell am I talking about. Actually, has anyone tried to test of Normalize boosts the power of moves like Pixilate or Refrigerate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)