Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Are you confirming with roamers? If so their locations are often the same for every second, that's why if you're using a timer just set the +/- seconds to 0 in rng reporter.

Also here are the Irwin responses and how they coordinate to Elm's responses:

How are you.... P
Hearing your escapades...E
Im so glad you call ... K

But remember like elm he advances the frame by 1, so with a target frame of 11 and 3 roamers you can only make 7 calls.

Also unsure if the pokeflute radio station advances or if there are any npcs on the route as well

Cassie

giant claw
So I'm doing the roamers in HGSS. I killed Raikou and had the other two roamers still roaming to confirm my seed. So the target was frame 14. I subracted 2 frames since two roamers, but when i went to catch it after I advanced 12, it was the frame after. I'm just wondering if I should be going 3 frames before for the other two roamers too, or if it depends on the seed. If no one knows i guess I'll have to hit 5336 twice x.x

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
It actually depends on where the roamers are at the time of your last save. Note down where they are, then save, then do your RNG abuse. Roamers usually advance 1 frame per roamer but if it would start on the route it was at when you last saved it will use another frame.

Weird problem-
I am abusing my ID/SID in SoulSilver. I have done this twice before, in HeartGold and Diamond. For some reason, when I plug my TID I get into Pandora's Box, I keep getting seemingly random results. The seconds range anywhere from 2-6 seconds off, and the delay is about 50-200 off. I am pretty experienced in 4th gen RNG so I know how to hit delays and everything. The really weird thing is, when I abused my ID in HeartGold and Diamond, this same exact thing happened to me. Yet it usually worked when I just picked a different ID to abuse for. I've done that this time, but still nowhere near getting it. What could the issue be? If more information is needed, I can provide it.
new page

Is there some kind of advantage with RNGing in the wild with Sweet Scent, or do y'all just not feel like breeding? I always thought that breeding was so much easier than catching in the wild.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I disagree with having breedable pokemon in special balls though. As soon as you see that it's not in a regular pokeball you instantly know that it has no egg moves.

As usual, i have some problems. Now, in the download. I'm trying to download RNG in a Mac (Snow Leopard something). I did all the first post say, and i've seen a video on YouTube, but nothing. It always sais "That program can't run in DOS method" or something like that... what should i do now? lol

I disagree with having breedable pokemon in special balls though. As soon as you see that it's not in a regular pokeball you instantly know that it has no egg moves.
The Metagross line doesn't have egg moves, and others have useless egg moves.

Also I think some RNG captures for parents when it comes to breeding. (I've noticed people RNG Pokemon that need egg moves)

I am having some issues trying to do the whole TID/SID manipulation affair. Without going into too much history (I have tried, on and off, finding a suitable TID/SID combo for about a month), I'm basically using a seed found off of OmegaDonut's excel document, then choosing a desireable TID and "crossing" them with the left column of Pandora's Box (Gen IV) to find a TID/SID combination that allows me to hit that seed. That's my understanding of how it works so far, so please correct me if I'm wrong in that or if I'm unclear in my explanation.

Well, I got one result once; a TID of 7770 (Or 07770 as it shows up in the game, I believe) and an SID of 8019. (The Seed and Delay of this combination are 67102327 and 8988, respectively, but I don't think those details matter yet) So I figured I'd do a "test" to make sure that, before I commit to that TID/SID, it really will yield the seed with my desired IVs (in this instance, those being 31/30/30/31/30/31). I put in these requirements for the seed:

Min/Max frame: 1/2000
Min/Max delay: 0/30000

Method J
Stationary Pokemon
Any (encounter slot)

No ability
No nature
No Synch

>= 29 HP
(None) Atk
>= 29 Def
>= 29 SpA
>= 29 SpD
= 31 Spe

TID: 7770
SID: 8019

And "Shiny only," of course.

However, nothing has come up. My understanding was that the seed that Pandora's Box indicated was compatible with TID/SID -> 7770/8019 would come up when I searched for an IV range that was in each value less than or equal to the IVs of the target seed, and with, more importantly, the exact same TID/SID. Is there anything blatantly wrong with what I'm doing? I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter, I so want to have an RNG'd TID/SID.

Increase your delay range to 6000-7000

EDIT: I'm having a problem hitting this seed. I'm saved in front of Articuno.

Seed: f1010f03
Date: 8/26/2012
Time: 1:18:15
Delay 3831
Roamer Location: R: 37 E: 42: L:24
IV: 30/22/30/30/30/31
Frame: 27

My problem is that Entei keeps ending on route 45 instead of route 42 and I can't find where I landed delay wise. Raikou and Latias are correct.

When you're looking for ID/SID combos to abuse for, search for them using min delay of 6000 and max delay of 7000. You'll find these options in Pandora's Box.

Thank you for your help, but I'm afraid it didn't change the outcome. It seems to just narrow the search, so that it goes, say, ten times faster, but only gives me one-tenth of the results

Either way, the problem doesn't seem to involve getting the TID/SID combo, but in actually getting the results promised when that TID/SID is inserted into Time Finder under the specifications above.

Do you still have the file you attempted to abuse for? If so, you can go to goldenrod city and upload a pokemon onto pokecheck.org. It'll show your SID.

I know my SIDs for my various files, but I don't understand what that has to do with a new cart that I bought to abuse my TID/SID on. I think I must be going about this entirely wrong; I did not know that TID/SID manipulation was reliant on a previous file. I assumed that I basically just found a good Seed with great IVs on a shiny Pokemon either from somebody else or through OmegaDonut's giant Excel list of seeds, then put that seed into Pandora's Box, which, after a couple minutes, gives me a bunch of TID/SID combinations that all yield at least that seed (And possibly other good ones too). Obviously my view of how it works isn't quite correct, because of the problems I described above. If it's not too much to ask, could you "start from the beginning," so to speak? I don't need all the nitty-gritty details--I've RNG'd many stationary Pokemon in Gen IV before on a non-TID/SID-manipulated cart--but just whatever you think it is that I don't understand? If you need more information I can provide it, of course. Thank you very much either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)