Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Lol this is weird...
My target frame is 110 for Raikou, so I subtract 3 from that (Lati+Entei still roaming) and that means I'll have to advance 107 times to reach my target frame, right? As it turns out, my frame is off by 3 frame; it landed on frame 113 instead.

So, for North America cartridge, what is Raikou's starting frame when 2 other roamers are still present? Is it 1, or 6?

woo-hoo, I got it! Thanks guys.

Hi! I'm trying to RNG for a palkia in HG, and I've been having some trouble when it comes to the Elm pattern. I seem to SR at the right time, 14:38:46, and I press continue at the right time, 14:39:00. My Elm pattern is supposed to be EEKKEPPPPE. But I'm not hitting my seed. What am I doing wrong? Oh, and my frame is 267 and I have all roamers out.
You are not hitting your delay if the pattern is not showing up and you're sure you nailed the timing. I've reset for a good 4 hours total before landing the 499 I needed for my shiny, bold Suicune.

Lol this is weird...
My target frame is 110 for Raikou, so I subtract 3 from that (Lati+Entei still roaming) and that means I'll have to advance 107 times to reach my target frame, right? As it turns out, my frame is off by 3 frame; it landed on frame 113 instead.
You might have missed this part of OmegaDonut's post (page 1) :
"In DPPt, roamers advanced the RNG by 1 for each roaming Pokemon. In HGSS, this appears to be inconsistent - sometimes a roamer advances the RNG by 2. It is recommended that all roamers are killed off before attempting RNG manipulation in HGSS. Don't worry, beating the Elite Four will bring them back if you haven't captured them."

Of course, since you're seeking to get Raikou, you're forced to release roamers, but I think you shouldn't just count 3 frames for them, as it might be 4, 5, or whatever. What about verifying which frames you are on with Elm calls then advancing ?

Hope this helps, I'm a beginner with this but I had the same problem of inconsistent roamer advancing before, so...

@Human : I had the same happen to me, tried for an hour or more to get the suicune I wanted unsuccessfully, then gave up. On the next day, I got it on first try.

You might have missed this part of OmegaDonut's post (page 1) :
"In DPPt, roamers advanced the RNG by 1 for each roaming Pokemon. In HGSS, this appears to be inconsistent - sometimes a roamer advances the RNG by 2. It is recommended that all roamers are killed off before attempting RNG manipulation in HGSS. Don't worry, beating the Elite Four will bring them back if you haven't captured them."

Of course, since you're seeking to get Raikou, you're forced to release roamers, but I think you shouldn't just count 3 frames for them, as it might be 4, 5, or whatever. What about verifying which frames you are on with Elm calls then advancing ?

Hope this helps, I'm a beginner with this but I had the same problem of inconsistent roamer advancing before, so...

@Human : I had the same happen to me, tried for an hour or more to get the suicune I wanted unsuccessfully, then gave up. On the next day, I got it on first try.
Well, the problem is that I can't verify their frame with Elm calls because I did the RNGing (the seed part) in front of Lance, not before entering E4. In there, there's no phone signal. If I do it outside of E4, I'll have a risk of that one NPC at the entrance messing up the frame (even if I did calibration, it's still gonna be tough). Also, there's another risk of those 128 steps that may advance your frame by one, because you don't know what is that hidden counter's current value is at.

In all, it's possible to do all the calibration. But I think it's going to be boring as hell/really time-consuming to do them all. Any better ideas?

Ps. Thank you for your advice, btw

Well, the problem is that I can't verify their frame with Elm calls because I did the RNGing (the seed part) in front of Lance, not before entering E4. In there, there's no phone signal. If I do it outside of E4, I'll have a risk of that one NPC at the entrance messing up the frame (even if I did calibration, it's still gonna be tough). Also, there's another risk of those 128 steps that may advance your frame by one, because you don't know what is that hidden counter's current value is at.

In all, it's possible to do all the calibration. But I think it's going to be boring as hell/really time-consuming to do them all. Any better ideas?

Ps. Thank you for your advice, btw
Why not using Roamer Method for verifying?
I mean like:
Free all three roamers. Kill one off.
You still have two for verifying, respawn.
Let the respawn with your desired IVs/Shinyness roam,
kill off the next you wanna respawn. still two left for verifying.
Do that till all three roamers roam with desired stats and shinyness.
You'd have to use the Radio to advance your frame so I'd advice go for a channel which is proven to be most consistant.

This wold be one alternative.

I have a few questions to ask

1. When the radio shows near-static text (Like Ann.............. ......s...d.f...) does it still count as you tuned the channel to it?
2. How would I go around and RNG abuse for good IV starters? Is there a way to check the seed if I use that?
3. For getting pokemon early, how can I check the seed?
4. All gift pokemon (eevee, dratini, shuckle, starters, togepi egg, game corner pokes) are Method 1. How about ingame trades? Are those Method-1 as well? How would I RNG abuse for those?

I have a few questions to ask

1. When the radio shows near-static text (Like Ann.............. ......s...d.f...) does it still count as you tuned the channel to it?
2. How would I go around and RNG abuse for good IV starters? Is there a way to check the seed if I use that?
3. For getting pokemon early, how can I check the seed?
4. All gift pokemon (eevee, dratini, shuckle, starters, togepi egg, game corner pokes) are Method 1. How about ingame trades? Are those Method-1 as well? How would I RNG abuse for those?
1. Yes
2. Chose a Seed with Frame 4,8 or 12 as I recall (Check first page) and no you have no way to verify your seed
3. You can use Irwin (Route 30) and map his responses to Elm Method
4. Yes, just the same way.

You need to calibrate frame for Red Gyarados.
Actually, I went back again and reread posts by Romsstar and Expert Evan regarding Red Gyarados, and it seems the problem isn't that the spreads aren't always listed on the correct frame (as mentioned on the first page), but that the nature and IV spread might not match up. However, those posts were from long before the latest version of RNG Reporter.

I just caught my RNG-abused Red Gyarados: Adamant 29/31/29/2/31/31 in a Dive Ball. So for future reference, here's what I did:

1. First I found out my SID with the Chain to SID feature by catching Red Gyarados, calculating its IVs, reset, repeat, until the SID was found.

2. In the Time Finder, I searched for spreads with the IVs I wanted under Method K (but didn't specify nature, synch, or ability). I copied whatever seeds had IV spreads I wanted on reasonable frames, regardless of nature.

3. Using the Chained Shiny (theoretical) search function, I input my ID and SID then pasted each seed in. I kept copying and pasting seeds from the Time Finder until the IV spread came up with an Adamant nature.

4. I saved directly in front of Gyarados, facing it, and noted the locations of my roamers.

5. Copied the seed to Seed to Time, used PikaTimer to hit my seed, advanced frames, caught Gyarados, then checked what frame I landed on. With all roamers free, I could tell if I hit my target seed quickly. At Lake of Rage the frame was anywhere from 5 to 10 frames advanced by the time I brought up the menu. What was cool was that by using Elm Results I could see what frame I started on. What sucked was that as soon as the menu was closed the frame could advance 1-3 before engaging Gyarados. So basically I had to keep trying, always at least 1 frame short of the target, until I finally hit the right frame.

I didn't use a Synchronizer because I wasn't sure how that would affect the RNG. I noticed that Gyarados moves before the menu can be brought up on some seeds, so if that happens on a particular seed I think that re-saving in front of it could help.

Why not using Roamer Method for verifying?
I mean like:
Free all three roamers. Kill one off.
You still have two for verifying, respawn.
Let the respawn with your desired IVs/Shinyness roam,
kill off the next you wanna respawn. still two left for verifying.
Do that till all three roamers roam with desired stats and shinyness.
You'd have to use the Radio to advance your frame so I'd advice go for a channel which is proven to be most consistant.

This wold be one alternative.
roms, that's exactly the technique I used on Raikou (he's the first to be RNGed, however; Entei+Lati are still roaming, with messy IVs).

I guess the problem is either I miscount the radio, or the starting frame is off. Are you suggestion based on the guide OD put in his second post of this topic, regarding how to RNG roamers?

What sucked was that as soon as the menu was closed the frame could advance 1-3 before engaging Gyarados. So basically I had to keep trying, always at least 1 frame short of the target, until I finally hit the right frame.
So the frame advances randomly before engaging Gyarados, even if it doesn't move before you bring up the pokegear? That kinda sucks...

roms, that's exactly the technique I used on Raikou (he's the first to be RNGed, however; Entei+Lati are still roaming, with messy IVs).

I guess the problem is either I miscount the radio, or the starting frame is off. Are you suggestion based on the guide OD put in his second post of this topic, regarding how to RNG roamers?
With this method it would also be virtually impossible to hit high frames...Is there a way of RNG'ing the roamers at the Burned Tower before they're released?

With this method it would also be virtually impossible to hit high frames...Is there a way of RNG'ing the roamers at the Burned Tower before they're released?
Go high delay then, much easier to hit if you know how to use poketimer.
iirc, there's a way to RNG Entei+Raikou at Burned Tower before you release them. The question is, how can you check whether you hit the right seed at that point?

Go high delay then, much easier to hit if you know how to use poketimer.
iirc, there's a way to RNG Entei+Raikou at Burned Tower before you release them. The question is, how can you check whether you hit the right seed at that point?
Irwin Route 30 correspons to Elm Method .You have to map the messages.

@Duplicated : Irwin Calls I guess, though I've never been successful with these..

Could anyone help me with the abusing of a Game Corner Eevee, on HeartGold version ?

I'm trying to get the frame 30 of this seed : C30401F3, method 1, and didn't manage to get it yet.
This is what I do : set ds to 2011 (to get odd delay) 04 25 4:55:00, soft reset at 4:55:27, hit continue at 4:55:40.
When I'm in game I quickly open pokegear and go to the radio tab, and tap the bottom right corner station, then detune with the "holding down" method, then tap again.. 29 times, to reach frame 30 (I assumed starting frame was 1).
Then I close pokegear and quickly close menu / speak to the guy that gives pokemons.
I'm not very good at hitting my delay yet so let's say I hit my seed one in five times...
When I hit my seed, I've got the jolly one (frame 31), and on another try the mild one (frame 32), which I checked with the HP Checker guy just next to me in the game corner building, and with the IV checker or RNGReporter.
I've also tried with tuning only 28 or 27 times, but never reached frame 30.

I've read that wandering NPCs advanced the frames, would it be what cause my problem ? If so, am I doing things right and should just go on and hope for some luck ? Or did I also make a mistake on starting frame or anything

Also on an unrelated note, I have not met a shiny yet in my game, and don't know my SID, would a shiny game corner abra work to get my SID (with its IVs) if I managed to get one ?

Thanks in advance

Irwin Route 30 correspons to Elm Method .You have to map the messages.
Oh right.

Do you have any idea which messages from Irwin correspond to which from Elm, Roms?

@Xileh: You could ask someone with AR to check your SID for you. All you need to do is sending one of your normal pokemon (doesn't matter which one, crappy/uber/etc) to him.

iirc, there's a way to RNG Entei+Raikou at Burned Tower before you release them.
How do I do this? Is it the same way as at Elite 4, except I do it in the Burned Tower, the starting frame is 1 (cos theres no roamers out), and I use Irwin calls to verify?

How to map Irwin to Elm Method

Purpose: For RNGing Pre E4 (Elm is safer after Kanto)

Prerequisites: - Defeat him (Route 30, the Juggler) and register him
- He has to seek no rematch
Example:

Input a Random Seed: D2140289
Elm Responses for that Seed: K,E,P,P,K,P,P,E,E,K

Irwin has three messages:
Call=" I wanted to call you sooner~"Kanto
How are you= "How are you? How is your ~" PKRS
Adventures="Your adventures are~" Evolutions

Three messages correspond to Elm Method
which for Irwin would be:

C= K
H = P
A = E

Mapped to Irwin this is: C,A,H,H,C,H,H,A,A,C

You can use Irwin to keep track of your current frame too.

woo-hoo, I got it! Thanks guys.

You are not hitting your delay if the pattern is not showing up and you're sure you nailed the timing. I've reset for a good 4 hours total before landing the 499 I needed for my shiny, bold Suicune.
So it does take a while to find your seed? Nice to know. Thanks!

I accidentally put this question in the SQ/SR so I deleted it and put it here =p.

How do you change the radio station to something other than Buena's Password? I'm currently trying to RNG Latias and have no consistent way of advancing the frame since you can't call Elm. Also, will you advance the frame blindly like in DPPt?

I have just moved from RNG capture, to RNG breeding, and well i only have like 10 rare candies, so checking i have hit the right seed is kind of hard, but i saw that it mentions the coin flip trick in the RNG guide, when do i do the coin flip trick, cos surely the frame will be altered as the people of the town walk about? Does the coin flip trick even work for RNG breeding?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have just moved from RNG capture, to RNG breeding, and well i only have like 10 rare candies, so checking i have hit the right seed is kind of hard, but i saw that it mentions the coin flip trick in the RNG guide, when do i do the coin flip trick, cos surely the frame will be altered as the people of the town walk about? Does the coin flip trick even work for RNG breeding?
it works when your RNG breeding and if your doing it for RNG egg IVs you do the coinflips after you collect the egg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)