Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Time for one more n00b question. Do I have to download the newest RNG reporter to be able to do IV abuse on eggs and the legends, or will 4.1 work? If I don't have to, I'd prefer to not download the new version because that means getting my dad to let me do it, and he's particular about what get's downloaded.

well i ment that im having problems with my delay target which was 604
and the seconds were 48
i dont know how to have the same delay

well i ment that im having problems with my delay target which was 604
and the seconds were 48
i dont know how to have the same delay
Make note of what rhythm you're tapping A to get a semi-consistent delay. Other than that, delays are not consistent all the time, sometimes you have to fluke it.

Hello .
the secinds where 48 the delay was 604
so i have to reset 48 seconds before the target time and press continue
im using my laptops clock
You don't reset 48 seconds before, because that would be impossible to get right. If a reset takes you 13 seconds, reset at 35. then get that delay and see the other persons post for the frame.

A question about Method J abuse for wild pokemon.

So I decided I really wanted a Dive Ball Brave Metagross for VGC. Then I realized Beldum can't be sweet scented. :\

However, there is still a way to do this, isn't there? The frame for my IVs is extremely low (180 with a syncer) and has a ton of dupes. So, get up to one frame below the target, have my syncer in the first slot, and walk forward, hoping I encounter the poke. With a high frame this would be very difficult, but with 80-something, I could pull it off I think. This could work, couldn't it? Or am I missing something?

A question about Method J abuse for wild pokemon.

So I decided I really wanted a Dive Ball Brave Metagross for VGC. Then I realized Beldum can't be sweet scented. :\

However, there is still a way to do this, isn't there? The frame for my IVs is extremely low (180 with a syncer) and has a ton of dupes. So, get up to one frame below the target, have my syncer in the first slot, and walk forward, hoping I encounter the poke. With a high frame this would be very difficult, but with 80-something, I could pull it off I think. This could work, couldn't it? Or am I missing something?

Yes that should work. the white flute increases encounter rate so that might work. Also, there is a chance that you can never even battle beldum but get the right frame.

Yes that should work. the white flute increases encounter rate so that might work. Also, there is a chance that you can never even battle beldum but get the right frame.
Yes, I learned that the hard way when I got 5 freaking shiny Wingulls in a row before someone bothered to tell me that frames are set with species >>

But are white flutes in D/P? I'm on Pearl, and I've never seen those flutes except on Platinum. If they are available on Pearl, where would I get one?

Yes, I learned that the hard way when I got 5 freaking shiny Wingulls in a row before someone bothered to tell me that frames are set with species >>

But are white flutes in D/P? I'm on Pearl, and I've never seen those flutes except on Platinum. If they are available on Pearl, where would I get one?
I think they are. I just used action replay all items to get it so I don't know where to find them. You can try looking in a guide.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Alright, so after hitting 3 more times the same coin pattern i went and caught a pokemon after i saw that it wwas the same coin pattern, i caught a golbat 4 times after fliping the coins and this is the result

14 - 608 - FC14026F

So i guess that i have to put in the "Seed to time" tab the Seed of the heatran that i want and seacrh for a year with the delay 608?

Alright, so after hitting 3 more times the same coin pattern i went and caught a pokemon after i saw that it wwas the same coin pattern, i caught a golbat 4 times after fliping the coins and this is the result

14 - 608 - FC14026F

So i guess that i have to put in the "Seed to time" tab the Seed of the heatran that i want and seacrh for a year with the delay 608?
What you do if you want to adjust the year, which you will need for better spreads without doing high delays, is put the year at 2000 and search delay min at 608 and max at 707 I think. Then you pick a spread in the list and adjust the year up do lower the delay.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

14 - 608 - FC14026F

You get the same delay every single time or just quite often? It would be very strange for you to be getting it every single time.

And yeah, you can do what you describe.

OK, just AR'd some White Flutes. One minor question--I've read that the white flute only affects wild encounter rate for one step. Is that true? I guess it doesn't matter all that much since that one step is the one that matters anyway...

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
You get the same delay every single time or just quite often? It would be very strange for you to be getting it every single time.

And yeah, you can do what you describe.
I get it quite often
I got the same delay/seconds like 7 times of 21-22 tries

I was trying with 15 seconds and delay 600

So I guess that now I have to use 14 seconds and delay 608

Am I correct?

If its correct, i have to go to the seed to time tab, write the Seed of Heatran and write 2007 as year for a delay of 608.
Then i have to find a time that ends with 14 seconds:
Example
20:59:14

Next step I go to the DPPt time finder and go to the Capture DPPt tab
In the year i set 2007 as year, and Max frame 608, and for the min/max delayys also 608 too?
Then i hit generate and i pick the lowest frame?

and after that i have to set my external and ds clock to 20:58:00

Right?

no i think that if you go to capture tab you right click your target and generate times
and make your ds clock as one of time the you see when you generate the times
then you should reset 14 seconds before your target time and press a
on the target time.
correct me if im wrong

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
no i think that if you go to capture tab you right click your target and generate times
and make your ds clock as one of time the you see when you generate the times
then you should reset 14 seconds before your target time and press a
on the target time.
correct me if im wrong
Thats what I did

I'm using

Year: 2007
Month: June 30
Time: 20:59:14
Lowest Frame: 439

And in my Ds clock and external clock i have 20: 58 for reset at 20:59

Is this correct?

Thought I would confirm that the process I mentioned earlier seems to work. NPCs were messing up Coin Flip checking, so I just went straight to the journal and advanced, used White Flute right after, moved forward, and encounted a Beldum. My frame was one off, most likely due to a bitchy NPC >:

However, I realized Beldums can only be caught at level 53... making this whole project a moot point. *sob* Ah well, just thought that might be useful.

Dark-Ryu

Spammer
Thought I would confirm that the process I mentioned earlier seems to work. NPCs were messing up Coin Flip checking, so I just went straight to the journal and advanced, used White Flute right after, moved forward, and encounted a Beldum. My frame was one off, most likely due to a bitchy NPC >:

However, I realized Beldums can only be caught at level 53... making this whole project a moot point. *sob* Ah well, just thought that might be useful.
One question, what does it mean "NPC"?

It means that if you get the correct the seed and flip the coin in game it will match the output of the heads and tails column and if you didnt get the correct seed it won't. It's just a quick way to verify that you got hit your target time and delay (and seed, of course) before having to do 1,000 journal flips or walk 5,000 steps to hatch an egg.
Yeah, I know the coin flips are used to know if you hit the right seed, but...does that mean it's not a "H T H T T" column like the egg coin flip? It only says "heads" or "Tails" in the coin column once...so should the flips for frames 1-10 be what I am looking at? My target seed is 71702dc.

If that is right, then if my delay was wrong, it won't follow those coin flips, but how do I find out what my delay was? (or is it just back to the old standby of catching a random poke?)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I know the coin flips are used to know if you hit the right seed, but...does that mean it's not a "H T H T T" column like the egg coin flip? It only says "heads" or "Tails" in the coin column once...so should the flips for frames 1-10 be what I am looking at? My target seed is 71702dc.

If that is right, then if my delay was wrong, it won't follow those coin flips, but how do I find out what my delay was? (or is it just back to the old standby of catching a random poke?)
Use the "list adjacent spreads" feature to list nearby seconds\delays (right-click on a spread). Compare your coin flips to this list to see which delay you hit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)