Monthly Art Contest!!!

Plus Points For: Dynamic Pose
posing something with no limbs will surely be a great challenge
but it seems most people have interpreted that as "dynamic angle" so it is ok xD

the only reason i entered is for rocket grunt and cartoons to comment on it.

skull and crossbones slit my wrists

i globbed paint on a piece of paper and i pushed the paint around with my brain.

i drew it with sharpie varying my pressure then smeared a lot after i scanned it and colored it.

noobiess, that's some serious skill with the pen you got there (that's my favourite medium to work with :toast:). Although having a tablet helps, you can always use an art program such as Gimp to simply colour and touch up hand drawn art you've scanned in, which can be done with the mouse after a bit of practice. I definitely recommend trying out digital mediums.
Thanx for the nice comments, even though my 'skill' aren't so polished lately :p
I tried to download gimp but somehow it doesn't work...

I really like yours btw :p The contrast between the simple black shade and the 'complicatic dramatic-ish' green shades on weezing and the background really work well. Only thing that bugs me is the green shades just above the mouth... It looks kind of odd.

I also reallyl ike yilx's picture.. dynamic, nice shades, and some really fun poses. The only thing I don't like is the the koffing and weezing are positioned so diffrent from each other (weezing is with his facehorizontal and koffing with his face vertical) that it gives a effect thazt the are spinning horizotal while tthe smogs give the intention that they are spinning verticaly.

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
awww lovebite ;3;
i think its really cute! i love that you just used whatever colors you wanted
and it really works out lovely, id def buy this as a poster
i think that maybe you could include the other weezing face though!
idk i love different facial expressions and i get exited if there is a pokeman with more than one face haha
i also love how you started to play with different colors swirling all around inside the plume of smoke the weezing is exhaling?
i think that maybe if you fooled around with some more swirly texture in the background itd look p. sweet
like starry night kind of shit, idk haha
puff puff pass that, son <3

wow, these are sooooooo good.

Anywho, I took Scampy's advice and outlined it with a thicker line. I think it makes it look better, the bottom part looks terribad with the shadow but its hard to make it look "even" with an opaque color. I'm also not sold on the facial expression. Anymore C+C is welcome.

I edited out my old pic so here is the link if anyone feels like comparing them, clicky.

posing something with no limbs will surely be a great challenge
but it seems most people have interpreted that as "dynamic angle" so it is ok xD
I probably should've clarified that :P but yes, dynamic angles or all-out creativity in general will definitely take your submission to the next level. I'm absolutely loving the submissions so far! Good luck everyone!!

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I declare Scepticallistic the winner of this week ;D

Seriously, did you draw that? (If so maybe you should do one for all of the judges, I'd be a Farfetch'd with a Paintbrush obviously xD)

could I be one of my fakemon? that is, IF you do make one for everyone of the judges...and i have a question, will the judges change each month? or are we going to be the judges till we step down or will it be a democracy?

could I be one of my fakemon? that is, IF you do make one for everyone of the judges...and i have a question, will the judges change each month? or are we going to be the judges till we step down or will it be a democracy?
I was thinking we'd be the same judges for as many MACs as possible, and if anyone can't judge for a particular month or doesn't want to, then we replace them either temporarily or permanently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)