Mono-Fire Team

This is my first try at a mono-team. I built it a while ago, but was scared to post it because I was not sure if Smogon would deem it "competitive" enough. However, I have seen several other mono-type RMTs, so I think it is safe for me to post this.

@ Heat Rock
Modest
6 HP/252/SpAtk/252 Speed
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Lava Plume
HP Fighting

Entei is one of my Special Sweepers, and sun set-up. Sunny Day is crucial to this team, as it eliminates my Water weakness and powers up my STAB moves.

@ Heat Rock
Modest
6 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Speed
Sunny Day
Air Slash
Fire Blast
HP Ice 68

Moltres does the exact same thing as Entei, but he gets different type coverage. For example, he is my only Dragon counter.

@ Leftovers
Relaxed
252 HP/252 Def/6 SpAtk
0 Speed IVs
Overheat
Rapid Spin
Explosion
Gyro Ball/Toxic

Torkoal is a necessary concession to cover the fact that Fire-types are very weak to Stealth Rock. However, he can inflict heavy damage with his attacks. He is also my physical wall.

@ Life Orb
Modest
252 HP/96 Def/100 SpAtk/60 SpDef
Lava Plume
Earth Power
Rest
Sleep Talk

Heatran is my mixed wall and status absorber. In addition, he provides the best way to get rid of opposing Fire-types. Life Orb seems silly on a wall, but I can always Rest off the damage.

@ Life Orb
Naive
24 Atk/232 Speed/252 SpAtk
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Close Combat
Nasty Plot/HP Ice

Infernape is my mixed sweeper and wall-breaker. After a Nasty Plot, he can sweep most of an opponent's team, or simply eliminate key defensive threats for the rest of my team to finish the job, or HP Ice for more coverage.

@ Choice Scarf
Adamant
6 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Flare Blitz
Sky Uppercut/Brick Break
Stone Edge
T-Punch

Blaziken is my main physical sweeper. Choice Scarf compensates for his low Speed, and allows him to fully take advantage of his base 120 Attack. Also, he can use Stone Edge and T-Punch to get rid of Flying-types, which threaten both Blaziken and Infernape.

Put a scarf on something or you're going to be owned by every team with a Dugtrio for SURE!

Is this Shoddy or WI-FI? If WI-FI: Give Ape Life Orb, he's supposed to hit hard. His only recovery should be wish support. If Shoddy: Change Ape's NP to HP Ice.

You should make Blaziken your Scarfer and change his nature to adamant. And seriosly is this for WI-FI or Shoddy?

Life Orb Dugtrio destroys this team, like what OMG said. Scarf Infenape definately. It'll be able to stop it.

If not, the only thing stopping it from plowing the whole team is Torkal possibly, or if Stone Edge misses.

I'm thinking Bulky Arcanine over Entei, as Extreme Speed is so valuable for this defensively weak team. Or over Blaziken.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I agree that Blaziken should be Scarfed. I had great results with it, run Flare Blitz/Earthquake/Brick Break/filler, filler being either a rock move or Brave Bird. Unfortunately, it dies quickly due to recoil, so Brave Bird isn't necessarily the best, especially when it's overkill against....certain things.

The filler could be T-Punch o do some damage on waters and fliers.
@User T_T
It could be Shoddy. On Shoddy I couldn't have HP Ice 70 on a Calm Zapdos. It's because some natures and HP types/power don't go together.

Poison Jab has sucky type coverage and is usually not used because of Registeel being common. Shadow Claw is a good idea though. If you don't like Flare Blitz recoil, you could use Fire Punch, but you would notice a significant drop in power.

The thunder punch is better like you said it takes out to major foe's for Blaziken Flyers and water but swampert... something is need to kill a swampert Hp grass but thats a waste of a move.

@Blazikenmaster-Zeo
No one would keep there Ken in on Pert. And yes, HP Grass is a waste and your better off using a Physical move.

It might (and i say might) be worth trying to put brick break in there somewhere,be it Blaziken or Ape,i say this because besides it being a STAB for Ape and Ken,it drestroys reflect & light screen should your opponent decide to put up resistance or further resistance,but if not then it seems rather fitting as it is.

Well...you may want to read this. It'll show you a "good" (?) mono-Fire team. Of course, it is straight up HARD to get a good mono-Fire team because of just how the Fire type is.

You really REALLY need someone with a status move. It really doesn't matter if it's Hypnosis, Thunder Wave, or Will-o-Wisp (or even something else). Will-o-Wisp would certainly be the easiest to accomplish.

I want to use Toxic on Torkoal, but then I lose an attack. Plus, Lava Plume has a 30% burn rate, which, combined with Heatran's bulkiness, should cause a burn or 2.

BTW if you want Ape to be a wall breaker you have to give him HP {Ice}. Wallbreakers need all the type coverage they could get. It also makes a good dragon counter if Tres goes down a little earlier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)