SV Ubers Mission to ruin DLC 2 for everyone (1954 ELO, Peaked #1)

Fardin

Tournament Banned

hello, probably my first rmt in like 5 years. i heard people saying stall is near impossible to make work in DLC2, so i picked up the tier a couple days ago after a year to see if it was true. I ended up with a super goated team that covers nearly everything in the meta, very consistently. This is an ultra reactionary stall where I try to make use of tera at its fullest when it comes to walling stuff, so I recommend watching some of the replays I linked below to see how different threats/cores have to be approached with.

I was well aware that dedicated checks to literally any single mon in this tier does not exist due to tera, so I focused my efforts on the concept of toxic spikes and just enough bulk to outlast every threat in the meta. If something has Heavy-Duty Boots, it will most likely lack the necessary power to break through my team, and if it does not, toxic spikes will take care of them. That is the central concept driving this team. It is difficult to pilot because if you miss the optimal line vs kora or mira even once, it could mean the end of the game for you, so it is not for beginners.

:clefable: +:gliscor:

I already know I can't afford defog because every pokemon it comes with doesn't provide enough role compression to keep this team consistent in a tier like ubers, so the first thing that came to mind was gliscor and clef. These two pokemons are the team's backbone, allowing the others to run HDB without fear. Most people use a single gliscor to deal with opposing knock off users, but in long games, this becomes very difficult because just a few positional moves from your opponent forces you to waste enough pp on your gliscor that you will have to let another pokemon take knock off and gradually lose the game.

now onto the team

brave_BotRm3NbKa.png

Probably the best support arceus in the meta. Surprisingly, I don't think I've ever seen anyone run this before me, but the amount of role compression it allows is incredible. It single-handedly walls nearly every set of SD Arceus, Zekrom, Kyurem-Black, Groudon, NDM, Caly-I, Chien-pao, and is even a good pokemon to Wisp Zacian with because you can easily live close combat. If necessary, Tera fairy allows it to check Kora in a 1v1 scenario. There isn't much else to say here. In the case of Fira tera, it is generally better to use Iron defense before Wisping a pokemon. Try to use recover with caution as well.

brave_JxFVDIEjRr.png

The main goal of Gliscor is to destabilize the opposing team with Knock off + Toxic + Spikes. I prefer max defense to special defense because it also serves as a ho-oh switch in, which my team struggles with. It also allows me to be less afraid of Koradian and freely poison it if it decides to attack. There isn't much else to say; its usage is straightforward. I chose Water Tera because it just a generally good typing. It removes Ice beam weakness that can allow me to emergency Toxic stuff like Ground ceus, or Kyogre.

brave_CfSQmTCzOM.png

As of now, I don't believe this pokemon is even ranked on Ubers VR. Probably a good inspiration to encourage people to experiment with things that the majority believes are unviable. It serves a simple purpose. It provides a secondary knock off absorber, which is huge, but it also spams knock off, limiting the pokemons that could come in on it (ho-oh). I run max SpDef so that I can confidently throw it out against Miraidan without fear of being OHKOd. I made it Dragon Tera to resist an Electric attack from Mira while also keeping the ability to handle an attack from Ho-oh if I needed to knock it off later. I rarely use Tera on this, but the scenario with hooh could be game-ending, so Dragon typing is a win-win.

brave_THhNe3HMFf.png

The zacian check that also happens to sweep in a lot of end games for me. Really not much to be said here either. It is very bulky, and does an excellent job of 1v1ing a lot of pokemons in the tier. It also takes advantage of my stall basically crippling every pokemon that wants to come in due to hazard. I generally never use this pokemon in early or even mid games, unless it has a great chance to set up and sweep, or I need to make use of its steel type to toxic stall a poison pokemon. Water tera to resists fire attacks, mainly from Ho-oh while also being able to set up on Kyogre, or to just not be afraid to stay in on it if needed. Common scenerio would be when Kyogre comes in as you Dragon dance with NDM. Vast majority of the times if NDM can just click DD again there without the fear of a water attack, it seals the game for you.

brave_mV2RwK1k1v.png

The main wall behind Miraidan and Kyogre. Both of their specs sets beats this, but that is why you have toxic spikes to make use of, and tera water on like half your team. In early games, it is very very important to bait your opponent to switch to their mira or etc so you can double to your Clodsire right away, and set up toxic spikes as soon possible. Toxic spikes early game is not always a must, but it makes games way easier to pilot around. I chose Dark tera to beat stuff like NP Mewtwo which people like to rely on vs stall.

brave_m1yQ1ZUPtp.png

OP bird. Serves as a general switch in to like the whole meta. When facing kyogre, I generally use Tera on this as soon as its in a 1v1 position against it. I found that the team is well rounded enough to still beat teams even if you waste Tera on a couple mons early on (mainly because Arceus normal virtually never needs Tera against the threats people generally fear). Really not much to be said either once again. It checks a lot of Calm Mind Arceus sets by just whirling it away, and wasting their Recovery PP as they get damaged by hazards the next time they come in.

I'll post a couple replays against some threats that require some unique plays to deal with.

VS NP Mewtwo - Well piloted game against a NP mewtwo and other big threats.

VS Taka - Excellent example of using Iron Defense before Wisping his NDM which would have been trouble. Against screen HO, ndm is generally always Weakness Policy, so u never want to straight up just attack it ever. Gliscor is an excellent lead here because u activate Poison heal and also get rid of Light clay. This is a good demostration of the usefulness of just Toxic stalling, and Arceus being able to beat Kora.

VS Rain Balance - Good example where you can generally tell nothing on the team will need Tera, so you use it on Ho-oh asap to act a solid Kyogre switch in, and also to be able to stay in on Iron Threads if needed, since knock off will not bother you anymore.

Vs Zest of life - Very good example of how cruical Clefable is against a gliscor balance (plus, to beat Taunt Mira). Allowed me to outlast my opponent and forced them to take knock off on something other than their gliscor. Hazards can just invalidate a lot of threats that should 6-0 my team on paper.

VS Revival Blessing Cheese - Not the most amazing team, but its one of those where if dont see what pokemon to keep safe, and which one to be aggressive with right away, u could lose on the spot. Probably an okay replay to learn from

VS Grimm HO - Good example of how Iron Defense Arceus can just win on the spot, so now your opponent is forced to overpredict constantly as you just use Ho-oh to whirl things away. I spiked t1 over a knock off because people usually predict you to knock off first so light clay only gives reflect 5 turns.

VS Webs - Good example of Toxic Spikes being a huge wincoin.

Attachments

Last edited:

hello, probably my first rmt in like 5 years. i heard people saying stall is near impossible to make work in DLC2, so i picked up the tier a couple days ago after a year to see if it was true. I ended up with a super goated team that covers nearly everything in the meta, very consistently. This is an ultra reactionary stall where I try to make use of tera at its fullest when it comes to walling stuff, so I recommend watching some of the replays I linked below to see how different threats/cores have to be approached with.

I was well aware that dedicated checks to literally any single mon in this tier does not exist due to tera, so I focused my efforts on the concept of toxic spikes and just enough bulk to outlast every threat in the meta. If something has Heavy-Duty Boots, it will most likely lack the necessary power to break through my team, and if it does not, toxic spikes will take care of them. That is the central concept driving this team. It is difficult to pilot because if you miss the optimal line vs kora or mira even once, it could mean the end of the game for you, so it is not for beginners.

I already know I can't afford defog because every pokemon it comes with doesn't provide enough role compression to keep this team consistent in a tier like ubers, so the first thing that came to mind was gliscor and clef. These two pokemons are the team's backbone, allowing the others to run HDB without fear. Most people use a single gliscor to deal with opposing knock off users, but in long games, this becomes very difficult because just a few positional moves from your opponent forces you to waste enough pp on your gliscor that you will have to let another pokemon take knock off and gradually lose the game.

now onto the team

Probably the best support arceus in the meta. Surprisingly, I don't think I've ever seen anyone run this before me, but the amount of role compression it allows is incredible. It single-handedly walls nearly every set of SD Arceus, Zekrom, Kyurem-Black, Groudon, NDM, Caly-I, Chien-pao, and is even a good pokemon to Wisp Zacian with because you can easily live close combat. If necessary, Tera fairy allows it to check Kora in a 1v1 scenario. There isn't much else to say here. In the case of Fira tera, it is generally better to use Iron defense before Wisping a pokemon. Try to use recover with caution as well.

The main goal of Gliscor is to destabilize the opposing team with Knock off + Toxic + Spikes. I prefer max defense to special defense because it also serves as a ho-oh switch in, which my team struggles with. It also allows me to be less afraid of Koradian and freely poison it if it decides to attack. There isn't much else to say; its usage is straightforward. I chose Water Tera because it just a generally good typing. It removes Ice beam weakness that can allow me to emergency Toxic stuff like Ground ceus, or Kyogre.

As of now, I don't believe this pokemon is even ranked on Ubers VR. Probably a good inspiration to encourage people to experiment with things that the majority believes are unviable. It serves a simple purpose. It provides a secondary knock off absorber, which is huge, but it also spams knock off, limiting the pokemons that could come in on it (ho-oh). I run max SpDef so that I can confidently throw it out against Miraidan without fear of being OHKOd. I made it Dragon Tera to resist an Electric attack from Mira while also keeping the ability to handle an attack from Ho-oh if I needed to knock it off later. I rarely use Tera on this, but the scenario with hooh could be game-ending, so Dragon typing is a win-win.

The zacian check that also happens to sweep in a lot of end games for me. Really not much to be said here either. It is very bulky, and does an excellent job of 1v1ing a lot of pokemons in the tier. It also takes advantage of my stall basically crippling every pokemon that wants to come in due to hazard. I generally never use this pokemon in early or even mid games, unless it has a great chance to set up and sweep, or I need to make use of its steel type to toxic stall a poison pokemon. Water tera to resists fire attacks, mainly from Ho-oh while also being able to set up on Kyogre, or to just not be afraid to stay in on it if needed. Common scenerio would be when Kyogre comes in as you Dragon dance with NDM. Vast majority of the times if NDM can just click DD again there without the fear of a water attack, it seals the game for you.

The main wall behind Miraidan and Kyogre. Both of their specs sets beats this, but that is why you have toxic spikes to make use of, and tera water on like half your team. In early games, it is very very important to bait your opponent to switch to their mira or etc so you can double to your Clodsire right away, and set up toxic spikes as soon possible. Toxic spikes early game is not always a must, but it makes games way easier to pilot around. I chose Dark tera to beat stuff like NP Mewtwo which people like to rely on vs stall.

OP bird. Serves as a general switch in to like the whole meta. When facing kyogre, I generally use Tera on this as soon as its in a 1v1 position against it. I found that the team is well rounded enough to still beat teams even if you waste Tera on a couple mons early on (mainly because Arceus normal virtually never needs Tera against the threats people generally fear). Really not much to be said either once again. It checks a lot of Calm Mind Arceus sets by just whirling it away, and wasting their Recovery PP as they get damaged by hazards the next time they come in.

I'll post a couple replays against some threats that require some unique plays to deal with.

VS Taka - Excellent example of using Iron Defense before Wisping his NDM which would have been trouble. Against screen HO, ndm is generally always Weakness Policy, so u never want to straight up just attack it ever. Gliscor is an excellent lead here because u activate Poison heal and also get rid of Light clay. This is a good demostration of the usefulness of just Toxic stalling, and Arceus being able to beat Kora.

VS Rain Balance - Good example where you can generally tell nothing on the team will need Tera, so you use it on Ho-oh asap to act a solid Kyogre switch in, and also to be able to stay in on Iron Threads if needed, since knock off will not bother you anymore.

Vs Zest of life - Very good example of how cruical Clefable is against a gliscor balance (plus, to beat Taunt Mira). Allowed me to outlast my opponent and forced them to take knock off on something other than their gliscor. Hazards can just invalidate a lot of threats that should 6-0 my team on paper.

VS Revival Blessing Cheese - Not the most amazing team, but its one of those where if dont see what pokemon to keep safe, and which one to be aggressive with right away, u could lose on the spot. Probably an okay replay to learn from

VS Grimm HO - Good example of how Iron Defense Arceus can just win on the spot, so now your opponent is forced to overpredict constantly as you just use Ho-oh to whirl things away. I spiked t1 over a knock off because people usually predict you to knock off first so light clay only gives reflect 5 turns.

I got trolled so hard by that arceus set, i genuinely wanna know your reaction if i had clicked tera fire and avoided the burn, please reply. and yes my name is pigbeeef, and i was the guy using trick room necrozma dusk mane. you burned it with normalceus. i am also not surprised that you were able to beat number 2 by such a long shot, congratulations on the super troll team, its so fire and can work without too much surprise factor too.
EDIT: bros seriously not playing against the same skill level... cincinno lmaaaaaao

Last edited:

now onto the team

seriously, the main event or your team is literally just arceus, and you have not even mentioned surprise factor either.
that game with cincinno is seriously not serious...

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Having played against and with this team a bunch of times on ladder, I’m going to list what I think are a few ways to beat it (but as Fardin showed, skillful 50-50s can mitigate some of these interactions):
  • Heavy-Duty Boots CM + Taunt :Miraidon: & Nasty Plot :Mewtwo: - These are two of the ultimate stall breakers. While they can be played around, as Fardin did in this replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-2017726711-ipowmjucyypebnago8o5wrp0p5fto2qpw, you have to make a challenging decision if Miraidion reaches +1 and has Taunted you. Even without Life Orb, Draco Meteor does enough damage to Clodsire so that NP Mewtwo can win on the spot. In this game, I overpredicted and clicked Parabolic Charge twice, but clicking Draco Meteor would have placed Fardin in a difficult position. Similarly, Mewtwo can spam Psystrike at +2 and do a lot of damage, which almost always forces a Tera Dark from Clodsire. One way to get past Tera Dark Clodsire is to use Focus Blast (Miss) over Grass Knot on NP Mewtwo, which is something I started running recently (NP Mewtwo usually runs Psystrike and Fire Blast as its other two attacking moves).
  • Knock Off Spam - The reason why this Stall team is so challenging to take down is because it does not care if hazards are set up since 4/6 members are running Boots + Magic Guard Clefable. The key, then, comes down to figuring out ways to force Gliscor and Clefable to keep coming in on potential Knock Offs. For example, NDM carrying DD / SD + Knock Off in conjunction with your own Knock Off Gliscor, can force enough chip damage that you can also set up your hazards to eventually win the hazard war. I didn't know about this interaction too well until Fardin explained it to me when we played a very long game where I was using a hazard-stacking Balance.
  • Going Full Monkey - See below.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)