Mienfoo

(Note: I've never actually played Little Cup but no one had made a thread for this guy yet so I figured I might as well.)

Stats (Correct me if I calculated the Lv. 5 stats wrong.)

HP: 45 (21 - 24)
Atk: 85 (13 - 19)
Def: 50 (9 - 15)
SpAtk: 55 (10 - 16)
SpDef: 50 (9 - 15)
Spe: 65 (11 - 17)

Abilities

Inner Focus: Prevents the Pokemon from flinching. Does not prevent the flinchin effect caused by Focus Punch.

Regeneration: Recovers 1/3 of the user's max HP upon switching out.

Reckless: Gives a 1.2x boost to moves that cause recoil damage, including Jump Kick and Hi Jump Kick.

Movepool

Level Up

Lv1: Pound
Lv5: Meditate
Lv9: Detect
Lv13: Fake Out
Lv17: Doubleslap
Lv21: Swift
Lv25: Calm Mind
Lv29: Force Palm
Lv33: Drain Punch
Lv37: Jump Kick
Lv41: U-turn
Lv45: Fast Guard
Lv49: Bounce
Lv53: Hi Jump Kick
Lv57: Reversal
Lv61: Aura Sphere

Egg Moves

Endure
Vital Throw
Baton Pass
SmellingSalt
Low Kick
Feint
Me First
Knock Off

TM/HM

TM04 - Calm Mind
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM47 - Ankle Sweep
TM48 - A Capella
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM56 - Fling
TM62 - Acrobat
TM66 - Payback
TM67 - Get Even
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM77 - Psych Up
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM83 - Cheer Up
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-Turn
TM90 - Substitute
TM94 - Rock Smash
HM04 - Strength

New Moves

Fast Guard: Other Fighting PP: 15 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: Guards all allies against priority moves.

A Capella: Special Normal PP: 15 Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: Raises Base Power the more Pokemon you have with the attack.

Acrobat: Physical Flying PP: 15 Power: 55 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: Allows the user to hit the opponent in the other corner from you in a Triple Battle.

Get Even: Physical Normal PP: 5 Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100 Effect: Deals more damage if the user's ally just got KO'd.

Cheer Up: Other Normal PP: 30 Power: --- / Accuracy: --- Effect: Raises the user's Atk and SpAtk.

Hi Jump Kick: Physical Fighting PP: 10 Power: 130 / Accuracy: 90 Effect: Hits the user one half of its total HP in recoil when it misses.

Pros:
  • High Atk and Spe: It has some of the highest attacks and speeds in Little Cup and is only outclassed in both stats by a handful of Pokemon.
  • Decent SpAtk: Its SpAtk is high enough to potentially use Hidden Power Ice for Gligar and a Calm Mind set isn't out of the question.
  • Access to High Jump Kick, U-turn, and Swords Dance: Kojofuu is the only LC Fighting type that gets Swords Dance besides Riolu and the only one besied Mankey that gets U-turn. Hi Jump Kick has been buffed in this Generation and now has 130 Base Power.
  • Access to Regeneration and Reckless (DW): Both of these abilities can either help with the drawback of High Jump Kick or make it even deadlier. Regeneration+U-turn is a great combination for a scout, since it can easily regain HP from entry hazards, Sandstorm/Hail, and Life Orb recoil.
  • Access to Baton Pass: While it might not be able to power through everything in LC with Pre Evolution Stone running around, Kojofuu can always pass its Boosts to a more capable sweeper.
Cons:
  • Low Defenses: While Kojofuu is fast, priority attacks can do a lot of damage to it. I've used its Evo just fine in Lv. 100 but I've heard priority is much more common in LC.
  • No priority moves beyond Fake Out: While Kojofuu is fast, a priority move would be great for it to be able to even faster Pokemon, Choice Scarf Pokemon, and Pokemon with priority moves of their own.
  • No solid Dark or Ghost attack: Its only option to hit Ghosts hard is Payback, which will almost always only have 50 BP due to Kojofuu's high Speed. I figure if it's good enough for Choice Scarf Mankey, it's good enough for Kojofuu as well.
Sets

Choice Scarfer @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk/36 Def (SpDef if running HP Ice)/236 Spe (21 HP/18 Atk/12 Def/10 SpAtk/11 SpDef/17 Spe)
Nature: Jolly/Naive (Use 30 HP and Def if running HP Ice)
Ability: Regenerate/Reckless

~ Hi Jump Kick
~ Stone Edge
~ U-turn
~ Payback/Hidden Power Ice

Hi Jump Kick is for STAB and Stone Edge is your next best physical attack and hits Flying types that will want to take a Hi Jump Kick. U-turn is great for scouting and picking up a Regeneration boost. Payback is for Ghosts while HP Ice is for Gligar.

The EVs give Kojofuu max Atk and Spe with minimal investment while the remaining EVs give you one more point in Def, exactly. Even if they did give one more point in HP, 21 is a great number to use alongside Hi Jump Kick and Regeneration. With that amount, you can survive 2 misses with Hi Jump Kick and Regeneration will heal you back 7 HP. This is especially good to know because you will only lose 3 HP (1/7 of maximum) if you miss with High Jump Kick and immediately switch out. I chose Jolly over Adamant because it allows you to outrun +2 Jolly Purotooga and smack it with High Jump Kick before it sweeps your team with the Shell Break boost. If you find too many of them are running Aqua Jet, feel free to run Adamant to give you more power (and you'll still speed tie +2 Jolly Puratooga).

When you choose HP Ice, things get a bit trickier. Since you can run 30 HP and Def to get HP Ice, you should do that so you don't lower your Atk. This poses a problem, however, because the 36 EVs fall just short of giving you another Def point. In fact, the only place they're useful is giving you one more point of SpDef when running Naive/Naughty.

Fake Out @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk/36 Def/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Regeneration

~ Fake Out
~ U-turn
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ Stone Edge/Payback

Unlike most Fake Out Pokemon, Kojofuu can essentially negate the Life Orb recoild and entry hazard damage it takes thanks to Regeneration. Simply come in, use Fake Out to do a little damage, and use U-turn to switch back out. Hi Jump Kick is obviously for STAB and Stone Edge and Payback are for coverage. Hi Jump Kick and Payback together give nearly unresisted coverage, but a nuetral Stone Edge hits just as hard as an SE Payback and you can just U-turn out of Ghosts, anyway.

Physical Sweeper @ Life Orb
EVs: 236 Atk/36 Def/236 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Reckless/Regenerate

~ Swords Dance
~ Hi Jump Kick
~ Stone Edge
~ Payback/Baton Pass

After a Swords Dance, Kojofuu reaches 36 Atk and has 17 Spe to use it with. Once Ghosts and faster Pokemon are out of the way, Kojofuu can sweep with Hi Jump Kick, which effectively has 234 Base Power after STAB and Reckless. A +2 Reckless Hi Jump Kick will do 12 - 14 (46.2 - 53.8%) damage to max/max Impish Gligar holding a Pre Evolution Stone, which is a 2HKO if you have SR up. If you'd rather be more conservative, you can go with Baton Pass in the last slot and go with Regeneration to heal off any residual damage when you Baton Pass out.

I already made one of these for Kojofu like an hour ago, but yours is probably better, so... idk what to do...

I already made one of these for Kojofu like an hour ago, but yours is probably better, so... idk what to do...
Oh sorry, I didn't see it because I searched for Kojofuu instead of Kojofu. I guess one of them should get locked but if no one else posts in one or both, it doesn't really matter.

Edit: Did you have a particular Pokemon in mind when you suggested Aerial Ace or was it just filler? I think the only Pokemon it hits harder than Hi Jump Kick and Stone Edge are Grass/Poison types. In fact, the only things that are hit harder by Stone Edge than a Reckless Hi Jump Kick are Pokemon that have a type that takes atleast 4x as much damage from Rock than from Fighting (Ghosts, Flying types, Bug types, Ice/Bug types, etc.).

Drain Punch is interesting as an alternate STAB option that's more reliable than HJK but since you have Regeneration to restore your HP and HJK's effect isn't that bad, I still think you should be able to spam HJK to an extent. Jump Kick isn't really useful since you have Drain Punch as a reliable STAB and HJK as a powerful one. Also, Stone Edge is always listed over Rock Slide in the analysis so I just went with that. Accuracy vs. Power people can choose to use Rock Slide if they want but it's weaker against Fliers than a Reckless HJK and weaker against Ghosts than Payback. The flinch rate might be nice, though.

I think the combination of Fake Out + U-turn + Regeneration is crazy awesome for a scout. I think it'll have a nice place in LC.

Not quite as crazy awesome when you realize it doesn't speed tie with Gligar/Meowth/Aipom and co, but yeah.

Obligatory Cheer Up set for the lulz?

Edit: Did you have a particular Pokemon in mind when you suggested Aerial Ace or was it just filler?
It was just filler, and kind or a more reliable (accuracy wise) attack against things that are frail and weak to it. Drain punch was the next best fighting move for secondary stab with it's new BP and hp draining effect. But I didn't even really think of payback because it's so weak on a scarf set, but it's probably more useful than drain punch/aerial ace. Hp ice... I don't know. Maybe with a naive nature it would work better? But I geuss it is almost exlusively for gligar, so no investment might be a better idea to keep your other stats up.

Edit: I didn't notice you had already posted the hp ice stuff. Derp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)