Project Metagame Workshop (OM Submissions CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each player gains access to several items that are normally restricted to in-game use, such as Potions. One item of each type. OU-based meta.
[requires implementation of these useless items, which would also help CC1v1. unless these arent held items, then idt PS can support multiple items]
Explanation: Despite being relevant to in-game battling, many items are not available in competitive play because they cannot be held.
would they be an activatable (like megas or z-crystals) or automatic use (berries)
Q: What specific items will or will not be allowed?
A: I’ve yet to finalize any decisions, but I support the addition of Revive, Hyper Potion, and Full Heal. Max Revive would be broken and Full Restore probably would be too.
full restore would be too centralizing, rather than broken
im not sure how regular revive would work, if you would revive another teammate, or yourself
definitely interesting, but like flipped seems hard to build. also no resources so ahhhh
also, how do megas work? assuming stats get added onto base, which may add some broken stuff
For Pokemon with Multiple forms, i.e. Greninja, Deoxys, Megas, Regional variants, Zen Mode, The 4 Necrozma's etc., Whichever tier has the most forms you would take the average of those. If there are forms in Uber, you'd ignore them.
seems too complicated, i'd just use the base form
Some bans arent as straightforward due to movepool. Haven't looked tooo into it but i can at least poke at the current bans
EDIT: I also forgot that zarude exists so this whole thing is void
Kricketune for having Darkrai's
Limited to Bug Buzz, Hyper Voice, and HP for special attacks, with no boosting moves. Poor offensive STAB means tune is prob balanced
Entei for having Genesect's stats
Genesect was banned for choiced STAB UTurn + great movepool. Entei already has a high bst so i think its fine
gene might be banworthy for having entei's stats, taking a slight hit to atk and a big one to spa, but can still spam uturn with a now base 100 spe
Muk for having Naganadel's stats
probably(?) alright, def deserves to be on watchlist. no pivot or plot or beast boost makes muk seem managable
Rampardos for having Palkia's stats
doesnt even get powergem
but sheer force + a pretty decent movepool and bulk prob gets it banned anyway
Krabby for having Pheromosa's stats
not nearly as versatile as pheromosa, idt 137 atking stats are THAT good and you get 1 shot
Togepi for having Zygarde+Zygarde-C/2 stats
zygarde was banned for tarrows + versatility and guess who doesnt get that
also 10% exists

watchlist could be huge power/power power/sheer force/other broken ability or movepool mons.
for example, marill gets trevannant's 110 atk along with the great water/fairy type and belly drum
medicham gets vanilluxe which 95 atk is still comparable to orignal mega's 100. new mega gets 135 and better speed tier which will make people cry
diggersby is uubl [in galar dex] with 56 attack and now it gets dohpan's 120 atk, even if it loses the ability to run scarf which idt it did
blaziken gets hydregon's stats along with speed boost which means its still prob too good, also torchic with volcarona

Last edited:
It wouldn't work at all without client support (the client simply won't let you remove FNT status; for Benjamin Butterfree I had to hack the server not to send FNT if it was about to be devolved and revived).
TIL. A revive mechanic would be difficult to implement since it doesn't already exist in another form. If all else fails, Revives and similar items could just be banned for simplicity.

Had a dumb idea for an OM, but this is me we're talking about, none of the stuff I post (once in a blue moon) is smart. Although fart said he liked it. Not sure why. I couldn't find anything similar to it on the list of OM's or commonly rejected ideas so I think it's fresh but it probably isn't. Also don't judge me for the title. I had this idea at like midnight which is why I'm writing this at like 1:30 A.M. so I'm not exactly in a creative mind set.

Dex Flip
Have you ever thought to yourself, "I really like this typing but damn, those stats are god awful." Well you're in luck! Dex Flip is all about mixing up stats! What do I mean? Well, let me show you. Wait before I do that, I'm not sure if this would be OU NatDex sort of thing, or SwSh OU as the stats wouldn't be similar at all, so if you guys have a suggestion let me know. But from here on out I'm pretending this is OU NatDex to make it easier for me.

Let's take Zeraora, Pokedex #807. It has really good stats like 143 Spe, 112 Atk, and 102 SpA. But in this OM, those aren't it's stats anymore. Instead they'd belong to Seel.

For Pokemon with Multiple forms, i.e. Greninja, Deoxys, Megas, Regional variants, Zen Mode, The 4 Necrozma's etc., Whichever tier has the most forms you would take the average of those. If there are forms in Uber, you'd ignore them.

This is the premise of the OM. Every Pokemon has it's stats swapped with the mon on the opposite side of the dex. So Bulbasaur would get Urshifu's stats, Ivysaur would get Kubfu's stats, Venusaur would get Eter-. Wait a minute, that's not fair at all! Hold on is that... a segway into the next section?

Bans
So for obvious reasons, any Pokemon banned in Ubers would have their dex counter part be banned. So that means...
Bibarel for having Arceus' stats (Imagine Simple or Moody on this thing)
Kricketune for having Darkrai's
Herdier for having Deoxys' stats
Shieldon for having Dialga's stats
Venusaur for having Eternatus' stats
Entei for having Genesect's stats
Budew for having Giratina's stats
Liepard for having Groudon+PGroudon/2 stats
Reshiram is already in Ubers so no change for it or Ho-Oh
Pansage for having Kyogre+PKyogre/2 stats
Zekrom is already in Ubers so no change for it or Lugia
Electrode for having Lunala's stats
Ribombee for having Mewtwo/MMewtwoX/MMewtwoY/2 stats
Muk for having Naganadel's stats
Rampardos for having Palkia's stats
Krabby for having Pheromosa's stats
Purrloin for having Rayquaza+MRayquaza/2 stats
Exeggcute for having Solgaleo's stats
Natu for having Xerneas' stats
Togetic for having Yveltal's stats
Charmeleon for having Zacian+Zacian-C/2 stats
Charmander for having Zamazenta+Zamazenta-C/2 stats
Togepi for having Zygarde+Zygarde-C/2 stats

Watchlist
Not really sure what to watch if it got approved. Maybe Smeargle? We'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

Example Sets
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave
Smeargle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Steam Eruption
- Photon Geyser
- Hidden Power (Your Choice)
This thing would have 72/120/67/128/71/127 god. Might need to suspect this if the meta is approved.
Anyways let me know what you think, if you hate it, if im an idiot, if you like it, or hell, don't think. I don't judge. Now I've gotta get going, see ya.
I would avoid using a NatDex ruleset because it's the work of Satan but I would still use national dex numbers for the flipping. Using regional dex numbers would be weird because Galar and the Isle of Armor have separate dexes. Amd like Tmi said, just use the base forms instead of the jank averaging shit. Also, you forgot that Zarude exists, so all your flips are off by one. Here are the actual Uber flips:
(strikethrough means unreleased)
Darkrai <-> Shinx
Deoxys <-> Stoutland
Dialga <-> Bastiodon
Eternatus <-> Charmander
Genesect <-> Suicune
Giratina
<-> Roserade
Groudon <-> Pansage
Ho-Oh
<-> Zekrom
Kyogre <-> Simisage
Lugia
<-> Landorus
Lunala <-> Exeggcute
Mewtwo <-> Rockruff
Naganadel <-> Shellder
Palkia <-> Shieldon
Pheromosa
<-> Kingler
Rayquaza <-> Liepard
Solgaleo <-> Exeggutor
Xerneas <-> Xatu
Yveltal <-> Natu
Zacian <-> Charizard
Zamazenta <-> Charmeleon
Zekrom <-> Ho-Oh
And again, like Tmi said, Pokemon are banned or not for more than just stats, so these Pokemon should be looked at more closely before banning them.

Elgyem is an interesting beast. It takes the stats of Slaking, but its physical movepool is horrendous. Here's a list of every physical attack it learns:
  • Astonish
  • Facade
  • Headbutt
  • Rock Slide
  • Rock Tomb
  • Steel Wing
  • Thief
  • Zen Headbutt
While the other two Pokemon that receive stats from Pokemon with hindering abilities (Regigigas -> Cranidos, Archeops -> Spinda) have great movepools, they are thankfully not yet released, and by the time they might get released in Crown Tundra, the Pokedex will have expanded and everyone will have different stats anyway. That's probably the biggest hurdle for this meta, by the way. If a new Pokemon is ever released, the meta effectively has to start from scratch.

re:pokemart madness
Speaking of Wonder Spot, i wouldnt mind if wonderspot got a second chance at a 6v6? 3v3? gen 8 meta, rebalanced. stuff like a free +6 or a max revive after 12 turns would be absurdly broken but the weaker items def would be interesting. it would be similarly difficult to code
The problem (in 6v6) might be the same problem as Baton Pass: giving mons boosts where they dont deserve it, such as +Spe on Choice Band/Specs or +SpA on pult
I would avoid using a NatDex ruleset because it's the work of Satan but I would still use national dex numbers for the flipping.
it wouldnt make sense to have a natdex flip but not a natdex ruleset: it'd practically be a petmod if that were the case (bar the fact that natdex is petmoddy too)
and galar dex doesnt take into account IOA mons or foreign mons like the alolan starters

it wouldnt make sense to have a natdex flip but not a natdex ruleset: it'd practically be a petmod if that were the case (bar the fact that natdex is petmoddy too)
and galar dex doesnt take into account IOA mons or foreign mons like the alolan starters
Sure it makes sense. Just because a Pokemon isn't available doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If things like moves were being transferred, there would be a problem, but stats are mostly set in stone, so swapping from an unavailable Pokemon doesn't seem like a big deal.

By the way, I made a very simple function in Desmos that lets you input a Pokedex number and get its invert.
https://www.desmos.com/calculator/acq8ioqk0r

I started working on a full application, which will be Coming Soon™.

[requires implementation of these useless items, which would also help CC1v1. unless these arent held items, then idt PS can support multiple items]

would they be an activatable (like megas or z-crystals) or automatic use (berries)

full restore would be too centralizing, rather than broken
im not sure how regular revive would work, if you would revive another teammate, or yourself
definitely interesting, but like flipped seems hard to build. also no resources so ahhhh
also, how do megas work? assuming stats get added onto base, which may add some broken stuff

seems too complicated, i'd just use the base form

Some bans arent as straightforward due to movepool. Haven't looked tooo into it but i can at least poke at the current bans
EDIT: I also forgot that zarude exists so this whole thing is void

Limited to Bug Buzz, Hyper Voice, and HP for special attacks, with no boosting moves. Poor offensive STAB means tune is prob balanced

Genesect was banned for choiced STAB UTurn + great movepool. Entei already has a high bst so i think its fine
gene might be banworthy for having entei's stats, taking a slight hit to atk and a big one to spa, but can still spam uturn with a now base 100 spe

probably(?) alright, def deserves to be on watchlist. no pivot or plot or beast boost makes muk seem managable

doesnt even get powergem
but sheer force + a pretty decent movepool and bulk prob gets it banned anyway

not nearly as versatile as pheromosa, idt 137 atking stats are THAT good and you get 1 shot

zygarde was banned for tarrows + versatility and guess who doesnt get that
also 10% exists

watchlist could be huge power/power power/sheer force/other broken ability or movepool mons.
for example, marill gets trevannant's 110 atk along with the great water/fairy type and belly drum
medicham gets vanilluxe which 95 atk is still comparable to orignal mega's 100. new mega gets 135 and better speed tier which will make people cry
diggersby is uubl [in galar dex] with 56 attack and now it gets dohpan's 120 atk, even if it loses the ability to run scarf which idt it did
blaziken gets hydregon's stats along with speed boost which means its still prob too good, also torchic with volcarona
You have no idea how much this means to me, I was so scared to post this because I was worried nobody would like it and everyone would say this, thank you so much.

Personally, I'm not in touch with bans so I have no clue why things would be banned, personally I thought it would just be stats. The only thing I would know for sure isn't stats is Blaziken as unlike Ninjask it has decent bulk which makes it extremely good, at least it would in OU.

Now I forgot Zarude was coming out, so yes you are correct everything is off by 1. And Calyrex is coming out in Frozen Tundra and there could be more new pokemon so the solution would be to wait until that comes out to finalize that.

If you have reasons why mons are banned from OU it'd help me a lot if you could just send me a dm of a list or just put it in a spoiler so I would know.

And yeah Megas were something that i thought about, but I should have gone over that. They would work like in Mix and Mega if they're added at all.

The reason I didn't check move pools is cause I had this idea at midnight cause I couldn't sleep and started working at 1 am that's why i forgot about Calyrex, I just didn't want to forget about this.

Again thanks for the support, means a lot to me.

This is just a passing thought but would it be possible to have blue health in Pokemon showdown? It's where someone can heal up to a certain amount before they're locked from healing.

For example, let's say a Pokemon can heal up to 1000% of their health per match. Once the number is reached then no form of healing will affect it. This can perhaps be used to get: different tier mons higher blue health than their higher tiered counterparts, can be reduced on switching, etc.

something of note to reverse tier shift
because stats arent inflated eviolite (probably) won't be too good
it would at least be a curiosity to try out

Personally, I'm not in touch with bans so I have no clue why things would be banned, personally I thought it would just be stats. The only thing I would know for sure isn't stats is Blaziken as unlike Ninjask it has decent bulk which makes it extremely good, at least it would in OU.
670+ bst is banned unless you're kyu-b for gen 5-7 due to lack of movepoool
blaziken was banned due to speed boost with actually good offensive type
genesect due to uturn + coverage
darkrai due to speed+n.plot+coverage
darm-g due to gorrila tactics + spammable stab/uturn
deo-a/deo for stupid attack stats
deo-s due to spike stack lead
marsh due to absurd attack typing + stat distribution + technician shad sneak
naga due to plot + z moves + beast boost
phero due to power + uturn + versatility in quiver dance / rapid spin
torn-t due to regenerator which wore down opponents (centralizing)
urshifu too strong but not really ubers statline
zygarde due to mutliple boosts/sets + spammable tarrows

something of note to reverse tier shift
because stats arent inflated eviolite (probably) won't be too good
it would at least be a curiosity to try out

670+ bst is banned unless you're kyu-b for gen 5-7 due to lack of movepoool
blaziken was banned due to speed boost with actually good offensive type
genesect due to uturn + coverage
darkrai due to speed+n.plot+coverage
darm-g due to gorrila tactics + spammable stab/uturn
deo-a/deo for stupid attack stats
deo-s due to spike stack lead
marsh due to absurd attack typing + stat distribution + technician shad sneak
naga due to plot + z moves + beast boost
phero due to power + uturn + versatility in quiver dance / rapid spin
torn-t due to regenerator which wore down opponents (centralizing)
urshifu too strong but not really ubers statline
zygarde due to mutliple boosts/sets + spammable tarrows
The only things I knew were 670+ BST because that's obvious, Blaziken because Speed Boost on an actually good offensive mon, Darm-G because I've been invested in the gen 8 meta, Deoxys A/Reg because their Attack and Speed stats were too good and not many counters, Marsh because it's really good offensively, and Deoxys S for its absurd ability to get hazards up before you can even get a taunt on it. So thanks for the reasons.

Critical Strike
All moves have a critical hit chance of 1/5 of their accuracy instead of the normal chance.
For example: Flamethrower has 100% accuracy and therefore has a 20% crit chance.
If a move has a higher chance to crit, for example, Slash, the chance is doubled. Since Slash is 100% accurate the chance is 40%, almost half the time!
If a move never misses then this considers the move to have 120% accuracy. That means a move like Aura Sphere has a 24% chance to crit.
Serene Grace, as always, does not affect the crit chances.
Stat raises and drops will affect it, but not boosts in Evasion (although unless I'm not mistaken, Evasion boosting moves are banned)

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Critical Strike
All moves have a critical hit chance of 1/5 of their accuracy instead of the normal chance.
For example: Flamethrower has 100% accuracy and therefore has a 20% crit chance.
If a move has a higher chance to crit, for example, Slash, the chance is doubled. Since Slash is 100% accurate the chance is 40%, almost half the time!
If a move never misses then this considers the move to have 120% accuracy. That means a move like Aura Sphere has a 24% chance to crit.
Serene Grace, as always, does not affect the crit chances.
Stat raises and drops will affect it, but not boosts in Evasion (although unless I'm not mistaken, Evasion boosting moves are banned)
I don't like that idea. It doesn't bring any interesting gimmicks and doesn't really change the way you play. This change is so small that it would basically be OU but with a higher chance or RNG being involved. Higher crit chance is just gonna be frustrating and unnecessary for some people.

Why is this idea on the commonly rejected list?
"Hate good moves: Only level up moves allowed/TMs disallowed/only unviable(or "Usually useless moves" from PS builder) moves allowed."

I had an OM idea of banning moves over 60 base power and banning moves that heal 50%. We have tiers where strong Pokemon are banned, why can't we have tiers where strong moves are banned?

Why is this idea on the commonly rejected list?
"Hate good moves: Only level up moves allowed/TMs disallowed/only unviable(or "Usually useless moves" from PS builder) moves allowed."

I had an OM idea of banning moves over 60 base power and banning moves that heal 50%. We have tiers where strong Pokemon are banned, why can't we have tiers where strong moves are banned?
It will still be like OU, the strongest mons will just use weaker moves, so instead of an Iron Head EQ Excadrill, it will be Metal Claw Bulldoze.

Not to mention that stall will be completely broken because of the lower power level.

It will still be like OU, the strongest mons will just use weaker moves, so instead of an Iron Head EQ Excadrill, it will be Metal Claw Bulldoze.

Not to mention that stall will be completely broken because of the lower power level.
That makes sense. If instead of banning strong moves I banned Stab moves, would that be better since it would change how Pokemon play?

Basically, metagames that restrict players rather than giving them more options tend to be unpopular and have a low chance of being approved.
They technically do get new options, between 16 and 17 more options to be exact, but having STAB on almost everything is still boring.

Inventory Management (working title)

Ever suffered from 4 moveslot syndrome? Couldn't decide which ability to pick? Want to run specs Toxtricity, but the air balloon seems too necessary? Fret no more! Introducing Inventory Management (for lack of a better title), the metagame where you needn't fret over those choices! Every Pokémon's Ability, Item, and Move slots can hold an ability, a move, or an item (with some restrictions)! This means you can finally run a Merciless Toxapex without worrying about losing Regenerator, but you'll have to give up a move slot or your item slot. Or maybe you want your Ferrothorn to set up more hazards while still maintaining an offensive presence, so you get rid of either Iron Barbs or your item. Cinderace can now increase its Libero coverage at the cost of an item. So many possibilities open up, but it's up to you to find the right use for your slots!

Rules:

Mechanic
: -A Pokémon's Ability, Item and Move slots can all hold either of the three. The total amount of slots in total is 6.
-Pokémon are still restricted to the abilities and moves that they can normally learn.
Clauses:
-OU clauses,
-Move slot clause: A Pokémon cannot get rid of all its move slots, a minimum of 1 move must be present
-Offensive item clause: Only one of the following offensive items may be used at once:
-Choice Band
-Choice Specs
-Choice scarf
-Wiseglasses
-Muscle Band
-Plates
-Type-boosting items (Charcoal, Mystic Water, etc.)
-Scope lens
-Razor claw
-Defensive item clause: Only one of the following defensive items may be used at once:
-Leftovers
-Black Sludge
-Eviolite
-HP-restoring berries
-Shell Bell
-Rocky Helmet
-Heavy-Duty Boots
-Assault Vest
-Lum Berry)
Bans:
-OU banlist
-The following Pokémon may only choose between one of their abilities:
-Clefable
-Excadrill
-Pelipper
-Rillaboom
-Conkeldurr
-Ninetales-Alola
Possible Bans: Focus Sash needs suspect testing, might be added to defensive item clause, King's Rock might be added to the offensive items clause.
-Amoongus, Tangrowth, Porygon-Z and Togekiss might have their abilities restricted to only 1, needs suspect testing

Unbans: None yet!

Strategy:

Creativity is king here. 4 move slot syndrome is no longer a thing, but adding an extra option means potentially sacrificing a useful slot. Offensive mons can use a secondary ability like poison point to catch an attacker by surprise, defensive mons can provide more support for their team (while still sacrificing an important slot)... The "if only..." strategies you've dreamed for years can now be unleashed, but at an important price. Risk and Reward go hand in hand in teambuilding.

Increased Viability:
Here are some Pokémon that appreciate Inventory Management's mechanics:

Defensive Kommo-o gains viability, as he can sacrifice move or item slots to gain extra protection from its other abilities.

Hail teams might become more viable, as teammates can equip Safety Goggles in a move or ability slot to avoid hail damage.

Jirachi can add more move options and, depending on the team, possibly gain more utility by removing its item slot.

Cloyster can now maintain safety after shell smash with white herb, and try to flinch the opponent with king's rock at the same time.

Decreased Viability:
These Pokémon might be outmatched by the new options available to their peers:

Weavile and other Pokémon that rely on Knock Off will find themselves in a double-edged-sword situation: While they may be able to go for multiple boosted knock offs, it's also possible that the enemy will lack an item, leaving their knock offs weakened.

And possibly more as well.

Q&A:

Q
: What happens if a Pokemon uses Knock off, Fling, etc.?
A: Knock off knocks off the item in the ability slot first, then item, then moves 1->2->3->4. Fling follows the same order. Embargo disables all items.

Q: How are abilities handled by replacing/suppressing moves and abilities?
A: Gastro acid, skill swap, worry seed, simple beam, role play and entrainment interact with abilities in the same order as above. Neutralizing Gas disables all abilities. Trace copies an ability at random (or it can follow the order if possible).

Q: What happens if I hold both Toxic Orb and Flame Orb?
A: Holding both Toxic Orb and Flame Orb will prioritize the orb that comes earliest in the slot order (ability first, etc.). Still don't know why you'd want to do that though.

Q: What happens if Entrainment/Role Play is used by/on a Pokémon with no abilities?
A: The move fails.

And finally, here's my questions to you guys:

What are your thoughts on this metagame?

Would it be too hard to code?

Would it overcentralize a certain strategy?

I've also seen a rejected metagame (utility belt) that let the Pokémon sacrifice a move slot for an item slot, but this metagame expands on that, giving you a wide yet restricted choice that has (in my opinion) interesting potential. Does this make the metagame more appealing than the rejected one?

And finally, does anyone have an idea for a better name?

Thank you for reading my suggestion, and I hope you have a great day! :)

-Catzzadilla

Last edited:
a mix of dual wielding and pokeabilities (multiple items in exchange for ability, all legal abilities active respectively). idk what interest would be considering the meta's similarities to either but with moves
-Offensive item clause: Only one of the following offensive items may be used at once:
-Defensive item clause: Only one of the following defensive items may be used at once:
kinda ruins the point tbh
enchanted items / dual wielding banned dual choice items but stuff like lo + expert shouldnt be that broken
mayyybe item cap at 2 or 3 but thats it
-The following Pokémon may only choose between one of their abilities:
-Clefable
-Excadrill
-Pelipper
-Rillaboom
-Conkeldurr
-Ninetales-Alola
cOmPlEx BaN
clefable is the main one but you would ban clefable
excadrill too
pelipper isnt that bad
rilla doesnt gain too too much from overgrowth
conkel isnt broken great either
ninetails can be solved with evasion ban and idt its that bad

Hail teams might become more viable, as teammates can equip Safety Goggles in a move or ability slot to avoid hail damage.
hail sucks because ice types suck and there's nothing to really abuse

i think some more interesting things:
- everything loves heavy duty boots. pivots will become aboslutely amazing, stuff like pult and rotom dont have to worry about being worn down while also having more power.
- potentially stacking offensive items could be good if it wasnt artifically banned
- chansgoat can run HDB and eviolite at the same time, still faces problems with item manipulation

also how does trick work

Last edited:
Pelipper doesn't need its abilities restricted. Rain Dish is just Leftovers, and it probably won't be running it alongside Leftovers for double healing when U-turn / Damp Rock / Choice Specs / Hurricane / Weather Ball / Roost / Roost are all more enticing options. Honestly, the only Pokemon on that list that should have its abilities limited is Alolan Ninetales, and that's just because evasion is bullshit. Everything else should just be banned outright if they end up become too much of a problem. I also think the item restrictions could use cleaning up, because they stifle the option to use multiple items, as well as feeling arbitrary.

a mix of dual wielding and pokeabilities (multiple items in exchange for ability, all legal abilities active respectively). idk what interest would be considering the meta's similarities to either but with moves
I think moves are an important part of a Pokémon's playstyle. Those with a good, wide movepool can sacrifice some slots to expand it, and fulfill a bigger role, while dracovish can slap an extra 2 choice items and leftovers and still gain from it. There is no guarantee of having an ability, an item, and four moves on a Pokémon now. This has an impact not only on teambuilding, but also on trying to figure out the opponent's set. The order in which items and abilities also matters, too, adding depth to the customization. I personally think this metagame brings big changes to the standard OU meta that aren't seen in the other metas, but alas I'm only one person, and my opinion may differ from the truth.

kinda ruins the point tbh
enchanted items / dual wielding banned dual choice items but stuff like lo + expert shouldnt be that broken
mayyybe item cap at 2 or 3 but thats it

I thought people would do broken stuff with items, but yeah, considering every pokémon has access to those options, it's not so bad really.

cOmPlEx BaN
clefable is the main one but you would ban clefable
excadrill too
So should I quickban Clef and Exca? Or wait for testing to see if they truly get broken? (Also, forgot about evasion clause, will add that.)

hail sucks because ice types suck and there's nothing to really abuse
Can we get some Fs in the chat for ice types

i think some more interesting things:
- everything loves heavy duty boots. pivots will become aboslutely amazing, stuff like pult and rotom dont have to worry about being worn down while also having more power.
- potentially stacking offensive items could be good if it wasnt artifically banned
- chansgoat can run HDB and eviolite at the same time, still faces problems with item manipulation
Thank you for the suggestions, I'm not very experienced in OU so these are very helpful!

also how does trick work
Trick and switcheroo use the same slot order that knock off and Fling use. While I'm at it, Corrosive Gas also melts away all items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)