Mega REvolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like an interesting concept, but there is going to be a fair amount of broken shit here. Stuff like the sets you mentioned.

Depending on how the HP issue is, I might end up using a set that is something like this

Blissey @ Aggronite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft Boiled/Wish
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic/Thunder Wave/Stealth Rock

Yeah, Mega Aggron with 255 HP is scary. Also one of the biggest flaws with Mega Aggron is that it lacks reliable recovery, but here it gets it. :D
Mega Evolve into something that can easily status and devastate many. ;)
due to HP limit...

Mew @ Aggronite
Ability: Syncronise
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Iron Head
- Toxic/Thunder Wave/Stealth Rock

basicly the same thing.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Can mons take moves from their mega evolution form? If so that makes shit super broken.

Can mons take moves from their mega evolution form? If so that makes shit super broken.
I believe the answer is no. The OP doesn't specifically mention this (it probably should), but I think you can only use moves that the base form can learn. Mega evolutions cannot "learn" moves because they do not normally exist outside of battle. They just keep the moves the base form has when it mega evolves.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Some cool stuff:

Mew @ Scizorite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Taunt / Iron Head / Knock Off

You lose the revenge kill ability with bullet punch but you gain a lot of utility and defense with will-o-wisp and taunt.

Skarmory @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Best hazard lead imo.

Mew @ Manectite
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Taunt / Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp

With 100 base HP and intimidate, Mega Manectric actually becomes a pretty good tank. Good counter for stuff like bird spam and Scizor (which will probably be a threat in this meta).
EVs are to outpseed jolly 100s

Slowbro @ Lopunnite
Ability: Regenerator
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Frustration
- Earthquake / Ice Punch / Something or the other

This is actually a thing ;-;

Mew @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Stone Edge / Taunt / U-Turn / whatever

Mew is broken ;___;

I might come up with more sets if I have time

xJownage

Mew @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Knock Off

Mold breaker hazards + Taunt, with dual stabs of decent power (KNOCK OFF)

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Explosion

Also cool hazard lead

Dragonite @ Manectite
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

*uhh manectric doesn't have the power hurrdurr*
Yeah, but it has the coverage. This thing hits almost everything with super effective damage (guess the megas), and kos a lot of those mons. Intimidate is nice and useful as well, and multiscale pls.

Mew @ Ampharosite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Rock Polish
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse

Please, mega amphy is coming to wreck.

Last edited:
Mew @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Knock Off

Mold breaker hazards + Taunt, with dual stabs of decent power (KNOCK OFF)

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Explosion

Also cool hazard lead

Dragonite @ Manectite
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

*uhh manectric doesn't have the power hurrdurr*
Yeah, but it has the coverage. This thing hits almost everything with super effective damage (guess the megas), and kos a lot of those mons. Intimidate is nice and useful as well, and multiscale pls.

Tyranitar @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

TERROR OF SAND FORCE DRAGON DANCE MEGA GARCHOMP!!!!! I can't believe nobody posted this yet.

Mew @ Ampharosite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Rock Polish
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse

Please, mega amphy is coming to wreck.
I'd at least look through the thread before claiming you're the first one to post a set (Tarchomp).

And I'd recommend slashing a recovery move on the MewDos set

xJownage

I'd at least look through the thread before claiming you're the first one to post a set (Tarchomp).

And I'd recommend slashing a recovery move on the MewDos set
i looked through the whole thread but i guess i am blind.

Mewdos would like recovery, but tbh its a hazard lead with 4mss for offensive teams (mold breaker hazards with taunt is suicidal). its supposed to taunt defoggers, get hazards up, and do some nice damage before dying for something else.

truedrew

Banned deucer.
Guys Just saying mega aggron can become an absolute bulk monster

Swoobat:
252 hp 252 sp def
Ability: Simple
Moves:
Amnesia
Roost/Rest
Toxic/Charm
Knock Off/Gyro Ball (seriously tho wtf why does it get gyro ball0

Basic premise of this set is to set up amnesia on turn one hopefully living a hit or getting it on the switch to make mega aggron +4 sp def and then mega evolve to fuck shit up and never die. Charm can be used to fuck any and all attackers/set up mons but toxic helps in wearing down the opponent. Knock Off for further asshatery and gball cus yolo

unfixable said:
Beautifly @ Sceptilite
Ability: Swarm ---> Lightningrod
EVs: 24 HP / 56 Def / 252 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

This is an interesting set that I feel has promise to it. The basic premise of it is to not reveal the mega that Beautifly is until an Electric-type comes in, then mega evolve to take the Lightningrod boost and snag a free Quiver Dance. In just one turn it can have +2 Special Attack / +1 Special Defense / +1 Speed, or a recipe for disaster, in other terms. However, Beautifly's coverage is a bit disappointing. I was using the type coverage tool to determine the best coverage to run and this is what I got. Only a few Dark-types resist this combination, and of these only Bisharp, Mandibuzz, and Houndoom, are viable enough to consider. This set also takes a huge boost when mega evolving and a Quiver Dance Mega Sceptile is quite threatening to say the least! Giga Drain is a mandatory STAB move that keeps it healthy throughout the match. Ok, allow me to talk about the funky spread. So, I was running a bunch of calcs for this and was trying to find some Speed benchmarks to hit and some attacks I should focus on living; here's what I came up with. Firstly, 176 Speed EVs and a Timid nature allow Mega Sceptile to outspeed Mega Lopunny by one point. Next, 252 Special Defense EVs and 24 HP EVs allow Mega Sceptile to live a Draco Meteor from Latios from full health, with the rest being dumped into Defense for all-around bulk. I decided running a bulky spread would be best because Mega Sceptile would be, at least what I think would be, aiming to be a bulkier set up Pokemon that constantly wears down the opponent. With a Lightning Rod boost and Quiver Dance under its belt, it's plenty powerful!
They will not hit beautifly with an electric move. They will hit beautifly with any move, because it sucks. Better off using Volcarona, which at least is not weak to ice, and is somewhat bulky, other than having fire coverage.
Even then, quite strange and gimmick

This OM idea confuzzles me. Don't be hatin' if I mess up c:

Greninja @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Protean ----> No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- U-Turn
- Quick Attack / Shadow Sneak

YES, YES I know! Greninja doesn't have any flying type moves that will be good on Pidgeot-M, but hey, you get No Guard. Blizzard & Hydro Pump are good 110 base power moves with 70 & 80% accuracy respectively. U-Turn is something that Pidgeot-M already gets, and it's good for momentum. Quick Attack/Shadow Sneak are for priority, Quick Attack is STAB, but Shadow Sneak hits types for super effective damage, so you can choose :P

ALSO....

Emolga @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Static ----> No GUard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Electro Ball / Quick Attack

Wow this is a long post x.x Emolga, a better choice in my opinion. Volt Switch is a better U-Turn for Pidgeot-M, due to it being a special attack, instead of a physical one. Air Slash is a good STAB move. Emolga also has access to Roost for recovery, Electro Ball since this is a fast set, and Quick Attack for the priority.

If I am incorrect on anything (This really confuzzled me XD) feel free to correct me, I will edit my post.

This OM idea confuzzles me. Don't be hatin' if I mess up c:

Greninja @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Protean ----> No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- U-Turn
- Quick Attack / Shadow Sneak

YES, YES I know! Greninja doesn't have any flying type moves that will be good on Pidgeot-M, but hey, you get No Guard. Blizzard & Hydro Pump are good 110 base power moves with 70 & 80% accuracy respectively. U-Turn is something that Pidgeot-M already gets, and it's good for momentum. Quick Attack/Shadow Sneak are for priority, Quick Attack is STAB, but Shadow Sneak hits types for super effective damage, so you can choose :P

ALSO....

Emolga @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Static ----> No GUard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Electro Ball / Quick Attack

Wow this is a long post x.x Emolga, a better choice in my opinion. Volt Switch is a better U-Turn for Pidgeot-M, due to it being a special attack, instead of a physical one. Air Slash is a good STAB move. Emolga also has access to Roost for recovery, Electro Ball since this is a fast set, and Quick Attack for the priority.

If I am incorrect on anything (This really confuzzled me XD) feel free to correct me, I will edit my post.
All of these are just gimmicky and Electro ball is just bad, Pelipper, Noivern, Volcarona/ Vivillon, Dragonite and even godamn Whimsicott are just so much better. All of them have Hurricane, plus Pelliper has Hydro Pump and Blizzard, Noivern has Fire Blast and Focus Blast, plus other random coverage including STAB Boomburst, Volcarona has Quiver Dance and Fire Blast, Vivillon has Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance even if it has poor coverage, Dragonite has Blizzunder which is just better BoltBeam plus Extremespeed to pick up scraps of Hp, Whimsicott has Grasswhistle, Stun spores, Moonblast, Giga Drain and Leech seed. So yeah those sets are bad.

All of these are just gimmicky and Electro ball is just bad, Pelipper, Noivern, Volcarona/ Vivillon, Dragonite and even godamn Whimsicott are just so much better. All of them have Hurricane, plus Pelliper has Hydro Pump and Blizzard, Noivern has Fire Blast and Focus Blast, plus other random coverage including STAB Boomburst, Volcarona has Quiver Dance and Fire Blast, Vivillon has Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance even if it has poor coverage, Dragonite has Blizzunder which is just better BoltBeam plus Extremespeed to pick up scraps of Hp, Whimsicott has Grasswhistle, Stun spores, Moonblast, Giga Drain and Leech seed. So yeah those sets are bad.
Noivern doesn't get fire blast.

EV

Banned deucer.
/prepares for riot

After considering every viewpoint regarding how to handle multiple megas per team, I've decided to keep with the spirit of the original premise and restrict mega evolution to only one Pokemon per team. The poll showed a lot of people want more than one, and I feel ya. However, one of the more persuasive arguments I heard was that if I allowed more than one, I'd be devaluing the role that the "super-mega" plays and cheapen its contribution to the team. Mega REvolution is about developing absurd strategies for your one mega and doing whatever you can to support that Pokemon so it can tear apart your opponent's team. That, or your mega might be the supporter itself, lending help so one of your "normal" Pokemon can setup and wreak havoc. That's where I see the fun in this OM--not only do you not know with certainty what Pokemon is going to mega evolve, you don't even know its role yet. Mew further compounds the unknown setup/support variable, but that may lead to a suspect down the road.

At any rate, please enjoy the metagame as it was intended. Slayer95 , is that code you created ready to go now that I've sorted out the ruling on mega stones? -They can't be removed from eligible Pokemon*, -Only one can mega evolve, but you can hold multiple stones, just like in standard, until you know which of your Pokemon you want to mega evolve.

Also, please don't gripe about the decision after this post. If it means you won't play the mega, then that's your choice, but don't complain. I will delete posts that detract from the thread (just like I would normally).

*HP at 110 or less. Pokemon with an -ate ability must evolve from their regular base form. Smeargle also can't hold stones.

Charizard @ Pidgeottnite
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe or something
Naive Nature
- Inferno
- Dynamic Punch
- Roost/U turn
- Air Slash

did anyone else figure this one yet? Not sure but I used dpunch + inferno charizard in aaa for the laughs and then it hit me how to use it in this meta.
EVs could be rearranged for a defensive set if needed but regardless, inferno pidgeot sounds like lodsa fun. Dynamic gives it a little icing on the cake

So much for all the arguments. Well, here is my first second thought.

+
= :v4:

Sableye @ Aggronite
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Mean Look/Night Shade/Taunt

Aggron-Mega gets Recover. And Will-O-Wisp. That's the end of all Physical Offense, right there.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
So much for all the arguments. Well, here is my first thought.

+

Barbaracle @ Salamencite
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
(252 Atk / Speed EVs according to what you want to outspeed after +2 / Rest in Def)
- Shell Smash
- Return
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Taunt
- Earthquake
Salamencite is banned from standard play. :(
And anyway, the -ate abilities are restricted to their normal base forms.

/prepares for riot

After considering every viewpoint regarding how to handle multiple megas per team, I've decided to keep with the spirit of the original premise and restrict mega evolution to only one Pokemon per team. The poll showed a lot of people want more than one, and I feel ya. However, one of the more persuasive arguments I heard was that if I allowed more than one, I'd be devaluing the role that the "super-mega" plays and cheapen its contribution to the team. Mega REvolution is about developing absurd strategies for your one mega and doing whatever you can to support that Pokemon so it can tear apart your opponent's team. That, or your mega might be the supporter itself, lending help so one of your "normal" Pokemon can setup and wreak havoc. That's where I see the fun in this OM--not only do you not know with certainty what Pokemon is going to mega evolve, you don't even know its role yet. Mew further compounds the unknown setup/support variable, but that may lead to a suspect down the road.

At any rate, please enjoy the metagame as it was intended. Slayer95 , is that code you created ready to go now that I've sorted out the ruling on mega stones? -They can't be removed from eligible Pokemon*, -Only one can mega evolve, but you can hold multiple stones, just like in standard, until you know which of your Pokemon you want to mega evolve.

Also, please don't gripe about the decision after this post. If it means you won't play the mega, then that's your choice, but don't complain. I will delete posts that detract from the thread (just like I would normally).

*HP at 110 or less. Pokemon with an -ate ability must evolve from their regular base form. Smeargle also can't hold stones.
Updated the code. Also the meta is playable again.

So much for all the arguments. Well, here is my first second thought.

+

Sableye @ Aggronite
Ability: Prankster
Careful Nature
252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Mean Look/Night Shade/Taunt

Aggron-Mega gets Recover. And Will-O-Wisp. That's the end of all Physical Offense, right there.

You might as well use Mew. It has higher HP and a better movepool

You might as well use Mew. It has higher HP and a better movepool
But Sableye is useful as it is. You can utilize Priority Taunt/Status early game to help you with the Defensive mons. Once you feel that the opponent is going to set up and/or Attack with his Offensive mons, Mega Evolve.

But Sableye is useful as it is. You can utilize Priority Taunt/Status early game to help you with the Defensive mons. Once you feel that the opponent is going to set up and/or Attack with his Offensive mons, Mega Evolve.
So is mew. Mew is honestly better on this set, unless you are going to be using it on the same team.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
I'm pretty sure mew can be used for any mega effectively. It kinda inhibits creativity because its movepool is so huge and its base hp is so high ;-;

xJownage

Can we ban Aggronite? It is outrageously broken and forces all teams to run a specific mon just to beat it. Since its an amazing catch all physical wall, using a chansey, keld couter, and status absorber (gliscor?) together can stall out basically any team in the meta. This thing is just downright destructive in its ability to wall absolutely everything with reliable recovery. It can even choose to wall things specially using an aforementioned simple amnesia set from swoobat. This mon forces teams to run specialized megas just to get past it, and even then with proper team support, mega aggron can beat them too.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
If anything we should ban Mew. I don't see Aggronite as too threatening, especially with new toys offense gets to play with. Aggron still dies to any special attack, and a well built offense team can still smash through what you listed (landorus-i with hazard support is an example). Mew on the other hand can be used on pretty much anything, and it gives so much to work with, including recovery, physical and special set up, baton pass, u-turn, will-o-wisp, knock off, etc.

Edit: in fact, now that I think about it, the only things that hold back Mew from being ubers right now are poor typing and subpar stat distribution. In this meta, BOTH these things can be easily alleviated, allowing mew to be extremely potent. Additionally, because its movepool is so extensive, you really can't predict at all what mega it's going to be, which further increases its effectiveness.

xJownage

If anything we should ban Mew. I don't see Aggronite as too threatening, especially with new toys offense gets to play with. Aggron still dies to any special attack, and a well built offense team can still smash through what you listed (landorus-i with hazard support is an example). Mew on the other hand can be used on pretty much anything, and it gives so much to work with, including recovery, physical and special set up, baton pass, u-turn, will-o-wisp, knock off, etc.

Edit: in fact, now that I think about it, the only things that hold back Mew from being ubers right now are poor typing and subpar stat distribution. In this meta, BOTH these things can be easily alleviated, allowing mew to be extremely potent. Additionally, because its movepool is so extensive, you really can't predict at all what mega it's going to be, which further increases its effectiveness.
the problem is that stall gets a ridiculous catch all on both sides of the spectrum; and with some specific counters to certain mons, you can make a ridiculous stall team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)