ORAS OU Mega Gardevoir Balanced Team

Hi everyone

My name is Costi and I Play on the showdown ladder with the alt of Australiano.
This is my second rate my team, as my first was months ago and I improved a lot since that day I'm now here again to post another team and listen to some considerations of yours.

Sorry if I may make some English mistake, this is not intentional, i'm just kinda bad.

Without boring you I focus directly in the team starting with the team building process

This is my starter pokemon. With M-Sableye and stall increasing popularity i started with this fantastic stallbreaker and anti sableye mon. This was his main purpose and then i would build a team around it.

This was my second mon. I would like someone who could handle threats as Mega Metagross and landorus-t and cripple the former with the thunder wave utility. It was also a good absorber of twave status from thundurus-i and a good answer of all the thundurus lacking superpower. It is also one of my main answer to the lati twins lacking HP, a quite common thing right know, with the faster meta the 30 iv in speed are quite bad actually

===>

I used Lando-t before AM suggested this mon. With the two boys above i hade a huge weakness to powerhouse like MegaZard-X, birdspam (especially talonflame) and Heatran. Hippowdon is fantastic to handle this threats and to get a reliable stealth rocker.

I then put Latios on my team as a reliable defogger and to check keldeo most of the time. I don't think I had more reason, i would like a defogger and my choice was for this guy here

I needed for the last 2 slot some speed for the team and a fire pokemon. My choice was for this duo, with choice scarf heatran able to handle threats like M-Lopunny and M-Sceptile. Heatran helped a lot with the defensive sinergy and I feel Keldeo was the good choice too being able to hard counter Bisharp, who my team was quite weak
After the Team Building process let's have a deep look for the team

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Taunt
- Psyshock

I really like this mon, it's fantastic! 9/10 times is hyper voice spam and it's a fantastic stall breaker. The ability of cripple M-Sableye is awesome in these stall times and with taunt it's able to stall break even better. I don't have anything to say about it, pretty standard, we all know how it's powerfull with pixilate boost. I don't like the unrealiable accuracy of Focus Blast, but the coverage it provided was good.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 164 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Quiet a standard set. I love thunder wave on this mon, and i love speed control. With such powerful mon like Mmeta in the meta the ability to para them is fantastic. Spikes and leech seed are quite standard too. Am suggested Power Whip> Gyro ball to hit weakened Msableye and 4 speed evs to outspeed it. I don't like anyway how much this mon is countered by mega sableye, it can really do almost zero and this scary me a lot, but i think it's still good and it do perfectly what i need for this team

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

I was using Lando-t before, but AM actually suggested to put this mon to better handle threats like bisharp, raikou and manectric mega. This mon, with is reliable recovery is very difficult to take down and can set hazard up multiple times! I'm lovin' it. EdgeQuake is fun for him for Talonflame, Zard and Heatran.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I feel comfortable with HP fire in this mon although the less point in speed. Draco, defog and psyshock are mandatory and i choose HP fire for a better way to handle ferrothorn and scizor, with scarf heatran and the switches, it's not so easy catch'em and ko.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

I really love this mon! I use a cm leftovers set with sub and i feel much more better without being locked in one move. I don't setup often, sometimes late game to clean better. This is my first answer to bisharp that can easy set up on many of my preferred mon (M-Gardevoir). Standard and effective.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power

This is the ice of the cake. Really no one now expect a scarf Heatran. It has a big potential in my opinion and I usually keep it in secret until the end game, when i show my scarf but for the opponent it's too late. It's biggest issue is rotom-w and secondly Keldeo, but with them removed this mon can actually make holes in the enemy team.

So. Here we are, I did not played so many matches, i played a lot but not so many and I think that this is one of my best team. I faced all playstyle and I feel that Gardevoir is not enough against stall and although it's great power and taunt, i'm not really comfortable against that playstyle. I use this team a lot against offense and it function very well with the duo Heatran/Gardevoir (the latter with twave support) able to open holes in enemy offense.

I think I would like to improve my matchup against offense and i feel like I have some problem dealing with Gengar and Latios with HP fire. Also talonflame, in some way, is kinda problematic. This 4 (stall + 3 mons) are the major threats of this team. This being said, i really don't know if having this problem makes my team kinda bad, I'm too new to competitive (I improved a lot the last 2/3 months and I play since less than 1 year) to understand this. What i know is that on the ladder i made some good result, not the best one, but some good, so this convinced me that this is not so bad and i made a medium good team.

It's up to you know, i would be really happy having your feedbacks and advices.

NB. I mostly used this during the suspect test on the suspect ladder, so building this i don't considered Greninja as a threat. I think that if he will not be banned, i'll have to change something

See you soon!

EDIT: here the importable

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Taunt
- Psyshock

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 164 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge
- Earth Power

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
You asked me for a rate/review earlier on PS so here it is.

Gardevoir is pretty standard so I'm not gonna really elaborate on that. There's actually some more options to play around with like HP Fire / HP Ground but this isn't necessarily for the better more so of making you aware.

Gyro Ball and Thunder Wave on Ferrothorn is counter-productive. You have two options in this scenario. Power Whip + Thunder Wave or Power Whip + Gyro Ball, where I would suggest the first pair of Power Whip + Thunder Wave. Reasons being is that as of now your team is pretty much 6-0 by D-Dance Gyarados with the current set you have and you do want to maintain this speed control through Thunder Wave as the fastest speed threshold you hit is Scarf Heatran which isn't fast against Offense. With Power Whip + Thunder Wave implemented I would recommend a spread of 252 HP / 88 Def / 164 SpD / 4 Speed Impish Nature with the Speed IVs back to 31. The small reason for this is to have the luxury of hitting a weakened M-Sableye with Power Whip instead of having them Recover before you're able to do anything.

As far as Lando-T goes I feel one of the issues is that it puts heavy emphasis on your team to use Keldeo as your Bisharp answer as Intimidate makes you more weak to an already dangerous threat to your team. I'd probably just use Hippowdon over Lando-T with a spread of 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD Impish Nature with Earthquake, Stone Edge, Slack Off, Stealth Rock. Alleviates the pressure from Bisharp as well as Thundurus which is sort of an annoyance to your team right now as it is along with reliably setting rocks multiple times in a match with its recovery from Slack Off. Stone Edge helps with handling Talonflame, M-Pinsir, and Thundurus along with Slack Off to heal off the damage to be a more solid check to M-Manectric and Raikou, something that your Lando-T would have trouble with.

The Latios set is fine but the HP IV should be set at 29 for Life Orb number with 0 IVs in attack to reduce Foul Play damage and the occasional confusion damage. The lowering of your attack IV will also apply to Keldeo and Gardevoir as well.

I don't really think Icy Wind is that necessary on Keldeo when Substitute over that can help you break defensive cores much better while avoiding other aspects such as Thunder Wave Ferrothorn and Toxic Chansey. Also provides a buffer for switch ins as well along with scouting moves a bit more effectively.

For Heatran I would use Stone Edge over Flamethrower so that you don't have so much pressure on Hippowdon checking the various Flying types such as Talonflame, M-Pinsir, and Charizard-Y.

That's really all I can say for now in regards to small changes that I could provide. See you around.

Thank you AM for the rate.

I took this 2 days to use the team with your suggestion and i feel much more better with it.

My rank improved a lot up to almost 1600 and i usually don't feel scared against nothing but setup sweeper that actually threaten this team.

Thank you anyway and every other suggest is very appreciated!

Hey there,looks good overall but I had some things to point out:
How do you deal with Thundurus bar Heatran?
Change Tran's nature to Hasty/Naive

Small thing...... Instead of stone Edge on heatran why not run ancient power...... Trans att is low compared to its spa so it's pretty pointless running a physical move on it.

Small thing...... Instead of stone Edge on heatran why not run ancient power...... Trans att is low compared to its spa so it's pretty pointless running a physical move on it.
no stone edge is the better move it always kills zard y and tlaonflame keep it

Starmei

You thought you could challenge me?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey, this is a really nice lookin' team. I agree w/ AM's suggestions. I love MGarde but I recommend Modest nature with max SpA for maximum nuke damage from Hyper Voice (and also just more damage w/ Psyshock and Focus Blast.) Like CharY I feel MGarde benefits more from going Modest. Keep Stone Edge on Heatran + Hippo.

0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 292-344 (98.3 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 316-372 (106.3 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Don't really need to go Naive imo. Not a lot else to say, it's a really good team. :]

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the advices, i really appreciate a lot.

Anyway, i both used stone edge and ancient power, and the damage output of stone edge is actually pretty better. I faced also some stallbreak variant of talonflame with sp def investment and I had much oppurunities with stone edge.

Starmei i think i will immediately try the modest variant of Mgarde, i missed a huge ko on Msab one day when it was at +2 calm mind, and maybe with a modest nature i would have get the ko.

Anyway thanks to this advices and my improvement i actually peaked a 1600 ELO and i'm on top 260 on the ladder. I hope to improve and do better.

Any other suggestion is really appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)