ORAS OU Mega Diancie Offensive Team.

Are you hyped for New Alola features?

• Yeh!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Not much, but i excited to see how it goes.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
--------------------------------

Introduction:
Good Afternoon, I'm here to showcase one of my most recent teams that i have created, that after some testing, I felt it was very decent, so I decided to do a showcase, in hopes to improve it.

Team Building process:

So, I started with this cute, but deadly diamond pokemon. The reason i choose it is because i think it's one of the most viable megas, and since i didn't want to make a crazy different team, I picked the standart set with Hidden Power Fire.

I've decided to start with Landorus. Know as the ''OU Primal-Groudon'', I choose him because he is a nice partner, at first, i have decided to use the scarfed version, Since there were many pokemons, Like Latio-as, Mega Loppuny etc that outspeed Diancie. But after removing ferrothorn from my team, Landorus Defensive was needed, so I could have a strong physical wall and a SR setter.

After picking Landorus, i have decided to complete a ''Ground-Rock-Steel'' core with ferrothorn. He was chosen because he had the capability of walling many threats to my team, and was a great Stealth Rock Setter and a speed control Keldeo thanks to TW.

After having my base core, I decided to complete with Starmie. I needed a pokemon to remove Stealth Rock and mainly, Spike spam. I was exploring who i should choose, Latias or Starmie, since I had ferrothorn, I choose starmie thanks to its Water-Type and capability of absorbing Thunder Wave and Will O Wisp.

Looking at my team, I was missing something to break Bulky Pokemon, and sicne Latios was a real threat, I decided to pick Tyranitar. At first He was the Banded Set, since this sets literally destroy almost every pokemon in the current metagame. But after changing my Scarfed Landorus to Defensive, i decided to run the Scarfed version, so I could have a way to outspeed many quick pokemons that could threat me.

At the end, I saw that my team had space to a set up sweeper, and after looking to many pokemon that are viable to use along side Diancie, I've decided to take Volcarona. She is able to set up and break many walls and help Diancie sweep and vice-versa.

After testing my team, i noticed that Keldeo was a massive threat, specially if my Starmie weakened or received a critical hit in-switch. So I decided to use Tangrowth instead of Ferrothorn. His roll is similar to Ferrothorn's, so there is nothing much to explain. I was also hyped to use this pokemon ;P

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect
I think there is no need to explain this set, but if you're living in a cave for the last 2 years; Moon Blast is a strong special stab and it's main spamming attack. Diamond Storm is your secondary stab and your way to quickly kill specially defensive Pokemon. I'm using HP-f over Earth-Power because i prefer to Kill Scizor / Ferro / Skarmory then Heatran. Protect helps me not being burst in the first turn I mega Evolve. This will be your lead when Stealth Rock is not so needed or when your opponent will try to do so.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
The classic defensive Landorus, You'll lead with this pokemon when stealth rock can guarantee a comfortable Match-Up. Earthquake hits hard anything that doesn't resists. U-Turn provides Momentum and Stone Edge hits Bird Spam.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Recover
Also Standart Rapid Spin Set. Using Psyshock instead of Ice Beam / Reflect Type because I need to damage Keldeo the Most. If you want to use Thunder Bolt remember to use 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe, so you can guarantee 2HKO Keldeo.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch
Pretty standart set. Stone Edge Hurts, Pursuit eliminates Latio/as and Gengar, Crunch is a Secondary STAB when Stone Edge isn't effective and Super Power breaks Steel Types. If you want to make a gimmick set that may works, you can use Thunder Punch instead of Super Power, Many Keldeo switch-in Tyranitar so they can burst him, But instead of taking a not-very effective attack, they'll take around 50-60% damage, but as I said, it's gimmick but can save you if both Tangrowth and Starmie are weakened.

Volcarona @ Charcoal
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance
Here comes the king, I'm using Charcoal Volcarona since Fire Blast after a Quiver Dance can hit very hard everything even what resists it (Except Heatran cuss yeh). Giga Drain gives me a recovery and a way to hit Keldeo as hard as I can (But don't 1v1 keldeo since many are Scarfed, unless you have scouted Specs / LO / Expert Belt). HP Ground hurts heatran and Quiver Dance makes you a killing machine when you have a field free from hazards and pokemon that can KO Volcarona.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
As I said, Ferrothorn used to take this slot, but after seeing that Keldeo just crushed my team, I decided to Put Tangrowth, so I can switch-in water moves without fearing a predict. I'm using Leaf Storm so I can keep offensive pressure and Hidden Power Ice because i think I don't need to hit Steel as Hard as Landorus / Garchomp / Dragonite.

Threat List:

As mentioned many times before, Keldeo is the biggest threat i have faced so far. If you find one, try scouting his item and keep offensive pressure with Tangrowth and Starmie and you may have a more comfortable match-up.

Another pokemon that can stack some kills if you not take care. Keep Pressure With Tyranitar and Make sure that Landorus can hold on a Knock Off.

Offensive Fairy types can keep offensive pressure on me. Make sure to don't give them much freedom to switch-in and hurt something badly.

Anyways this it. I know isn't a perfect team, but it gave me many opportunities to have fun. I hope you liked it :3.

Last edited:
Was waiting for someone to give you a hand, but no one did, so here I go.

The team seems fairly competent so far, it's just that your team has a few issues vs. various enemies.
Stall – the lack of a Stallbreaker is very concerning, although Diancie can rectify the issues somewhat.
Weavile – your fastest attacker is Tyranitar, whom is easily outpaced by Weavile. Whenever Weavile enters the battle, something is going to be taking heavy damage. Furthermore, you don't have a hugely reliable way of even Revenge Killing it, aside from maintaining a full-health Diancie.
Fast attackers for that matter – you do have some degree of safety from enemies like Mega Sceptile and Mega Alakazam thanks to your Assault Vest Tangrowth, but you do need to worry about enemies like Mega Aerodactyl.
Mega Charizard Y/Volcanion – your only switch-in to these two is Starmie, who faces two problems: it can be 2HKOed despite resistances, and it cannot do much back because all you have is Scald.
Suicune – finds setup chances versus practically everyone on the team, and you have no counterplay to this.

However, to be fair, your team isn't that horrid – it can work in the current meta. However, while it can work, my point is that it could be better.

OPTIONAL:
You mentioned your concern with Keldeo, but you appear to be secure with Starmie on your side. An optional change would be to change Starmie to Latios. While this change is optional, it is recommended, seeing as Latios can pound enemies with STAB Draco Meteor while serving as a switch-in to Keldeo, adding some wallbreaking power which you do appreciate.

You have two Rock-types on your team, which is fairly redundant in my opinion, seeing as Diancie can handle all the enemies Tyranitar can (save for Electrics- and Lati@s, which can be fixed). Dropping Tyranitar would be wise – I assume you want to keep Diancie, seeing as you described it as "cute." Since you currently do not have a bulky Steel-type on your team, it would be wise to add one in.

I don't like using Volcarona, but I do understand why you like it. I will present to you two options for remodeling your team.

If you would like to keep Volcarona, I would recommend setting aside Tyranitar for Manaphy, as Manaphy can help you vs. Stall, which you currently have huge issues with. Manaphy can also do some work vs. offense, but it will have more issues doing so. But hey, at least it can get past Clefable. I would recommend the Rain Dance set, but if you're a bit of a risk-taker, you can try the Tail Glow + 3 Attacks set (not recommended though).

/

If you are okay with dropping Volcarona, I would recommend replacing it with Heatran, as Heatran provides an answer to enemies like Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Lati@s. It also provides you a much-needed answer to Stall, and can pressure Suicune as well if you're healthy enough. Additionally, I would change Tyranitar to Keldeo or Manaphy. Any set for either one works – Choice Scarf Keldeo provides valuable speed control, while Choice Specs provides valuable breaking power. Manaphy can pressure Stall alongside Heatran, and depending on set, can either pressure Balance or Stall.
OPTIONAL:
/
In both instances, I would propose an optional change: changing Tangrowth for Choice Scarf Jirachi. Choice Scarf Jirachi can provide valuable Speed control for enemies like Mega Lopunny, Mega Sceptile, Mega Alakazam, Mega Aerodactyl, and Weavile. Weavile in particular is important, as it can end the game right there if your team is weakened enough – your team is somewhat slow, as Weavile outruns everyone on your team. Keep in mind that you will be weaker versus Electric-types (not completely helpless, however), so if you're worried about that, you can stick to Tangrowth. Amoonguss is recommended if you're not worried about Mega Alakazam.

Hope I helped. If you have questions feel free to ask.
Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Psychic

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power Fire

Last edited:
Was waiting for someone to give you a hand, but no one did, so here I go.

The team seems fairly competent so far, it's just that your team has a few issues vs. various enemies.
Stall – the lack of a Stallbreaker is very concerning, although Diancie can rectify the issues somewhat.
Weavile – your fastest attacker is Tyranitar, whom is easily outpaced by Weavile. Whenever Weavile enters the battle, something is going to be taking heavy damage. Furthermore, you don't have a hugely reliable way of even Revenge Killing it, aside from maintaining a full-health Diancie.
Fast attackers for that matter – you do have some degree of safety from enemies like Mega Sceptile and Mega Alakazam thanks to your Assault Vest Tangrowth, but you do need to worry about enemies like Mega Aerodactyl.
Mega Charizard Y/Volcanion – your only switch-in to these two is Starmie, who faces two problems: it can be 2HKOed despite resistances, and it cannot do much back because all you have is Scald.
Suicune – finds setup chances versus practically everyone on the team, and you have no counterplay to this.

However, to be fair, your team isn't that horrid – it can work in the current meta. However, while it can work, my point is that it could be better.

OPTIONAL:
You mentioned your concern with Keldeo, but you appear to be secure with Starmie on your side. An optional change would be to change Starmie to Latios. While this change is optional, it is recommended, seeing as Latios can pound enemies with STAB Draco Meteor while serving as a switch-in to Keldeo, adding some wallbreaking power which you do appreciate.

You have two Rock-types on your team, which is fairly redundant in my opinion, seeing as Diancie can handle all the enemies Tyranitar can (save for Electrics- and Lati@s, which can be fixed). Dropping Tyranitar would be wise – I assume you want to keep Diancie, seeing as you described it as "cute." Since you currently do not have a bulky Steel-type on your team, it would be wise to add one in.

I don't like using Volcarona, but I do understand why you like it. I will present to you two options for remodeling your team.

If you would like to keep Volcarona, I would recommend setting aside Tyranitar for Manaphy, as Manaphy can help you vs. Stall, which you currently have huge issues with. Manaphy can also do some work vs. offense, but it will have more issues doing so. But hey, at least it can get past Clefable. I would recommend the Rain Dance set, but if you're a bit of a risk-taker, you can try the Tail Glow + 3 Attacks set (not recommended though).

/

If you are okay with dropping Volcarona, I would recommend replacing it with Heatran, as Heatran provides an answer to enemies like Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Lati@s. It also provides you a much-needed answer to Stall, and can pressure Suicune as well if you're healthy enough. Additionally, I would change Tyranitar to Keldeo or Manaphy. Any set for either one works – Choice Scarf Keldeo provides valuable speed control, while Choice Specs provides valuable breaking power. Manaphy can pressure Stall alongside Heatran, and depending on set, can either pressure Balance or Stall.
OPTIONAL:
/
In both instances, I would propose an optional change: changing Tangrowth for Choice Scarf Jirachi. Choice Scarf Jirachi can provide valuable Speed control for enemies like Mega Lopunny, Mega Sceptile, Mega Alakazam, Mega Aerodactyl, and Weavile. Weavile in particular is important, as it can end the game right there if your team is weakened enough – your team is somewhat slow, as Weavile outruns everyone on your team. Keep in mind that you will be weaker versus Electric-types (not completely helpless, however), so if you're worried about that, you can stick to Tangrowth. Amoonguss is recommended if you're not worried about Mega Alakazam.

Hope I helped. If you have questions feel free to ask.
Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Psychic

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power Fire
Thanks for your support, i'll use your sets when then edit when i find the perfect combination.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)