Mega Audino

I'm doing this because, while looking for good sets for this Mega Audino that I'm breeding for double battles, I couldn't help but notice that there wasn't an analysis entry for her at all on this prestigious form, let alone for double battles. So considering that I wanted to be the only one who'd have to build their Mega Audino from scratch, I'd figured I'd share my own insights with the other users of this forum, hence my first entry into the analysis arena.

Mega Physically Defensive Support Wall
###############
Move Set Name: Physically Defensive Mega Audino
Recommended Egg Moves: Wish, Heal Bell, Encore
Move 1: Heal Bell, Protect, or Encore (Egg Move)
Move 2: Wish (Egg Move)
Move 3: Heal Pulse or Protect
Move 4: Dazzling Gleam or Hyper Voice (Requires Battle Points)
Ability: Regenerator or Healer (Mega Ability is Healer by default)
Item: Audinite
Nature: Bold

Note: I’m pretty hands off with EVs, and so don’t really try to put too much effort into trying to come up with one concrete spread, but instead come up with a number of suggestions that you are free to follow, or make up your own spread. I am open to just deleting this, and just pasting a finalized spread based off of suggestions from others, who are more experienced with EV spread then me.

EVs: 252 Defense; the rest of the bulk can go into either HP or Special Defense, or split into both. They can also go into Special Attack, if you want to make your Audino more offensive, but lets face it: Audino is going to be used more as a heal cleric then an offensive Pokemon, and that is what Audino does best: patching up allied Pokemon.

Moves
=====
As a Pokemon obviously meant for cleric support and Double Battles, Audino’s movepool reflects this, as does this move set. Heal Pulse alone makes it clear that Audino is meant for Double Battles, while Heal Bell makes for an ever better Double Battle support Pokemon. With 126 base stats in both Defenses, Audino can also take some punishment.

All Pokemon have their limits, and Audino certainly isn’t an exception, so Wish is a good move to have, so that you don’t run the risk of eventually loosing your Mega Audino support.

Complementing this move is Protect, so that Audino can’t get knocked out while trying to heal. If you’re taking Audino into a single battle, you won’t need Heal Pulse, so you can take up that slot. Otherwise, taking up Heal Bell’s move slot is an option if you’re willing to trust that Healer’s 30% chance is in your favor.

The final option is substituting that with Encore, to make your Mega Audino an annoying bitch, and lock unsuspecting Pokemon Pokemon into a certain move, though this would take prediction to work effectively, because lets face it: Audino is many things, but she isn’t fast. Not even Mega Audino is one base stat faster.

And finally, there is the offensive moves, which are currently the strongest STAB moves that Audino can learn that don’t have any negative side effects, such as not being able to move next turn (Hyper Beam), or being locked into the same move for five turns (Uproar, not that I know why anyone would choose this over Hyper Voice). We have Dazzling Gleam, which while only doing 60 BP in Doubles, is still superior to any other Fairy attack in Audino’s move pool, while Hyper Voice says it all.

Or you could forgo having any offensive moves for another support move, such as Protect, Heal Bell, or Encore. Hell, there is even Toxic and Thunder Wave if you wanna go for broke! But even though attacking isn’t necessarily even Mega Audino’s forte, ask yourself this: do you really want to leave your Audino open to being Taunt bait?

Due to the fact that Mega Audino’s Special Attack base stat is higher than her Attack, it makes perfect sense to go with the –Attack nature Bold, even though she does have a wider Normal STAB physical move pool. Then again, she doesn’t have even a single physical Fairy attack, so you won’t be able to take advantage of her Mega form’s secondary typing if you went with a –Special Attack nature.

Set Details
=======
The above set takes advantage of Mega Audino’s great Defense, and her great support move pool.

Mega Specially Defensive Support Wall
#########################
Move Set Name: Specially Defensive Mega Audino
Move 1: Heal Bell (Egg Move), Protect, or Encore (Egg Move)
Move 2: Wish (Egg Move)
Move 3: Heal Pulse or Protect
Move 4: Dazzling Gleam or Hyper Voice (Requires Battle Points)
Ability: Regenerator or Healer (Mega Ability is Healer by default)
Item: Audinite
Nature: Calm
EVs: Other than 252 Special Defense, Specially Defensive Mega Audino has the same EV spread options.

Moves
======
Specially Defensive Mega Audino’s optional pool and usage is
pretty much identical to her Physical counterpart.

I've already made the mistake of posting a WIP without making a reservation. I waited for a week for some sort of confirmation that I could do this, do avoid having this deleted on me again, but haven't gotten anything, so I'll just hope for the best, and some constructive criticism, which considering that this is my first analysis, I'll probably need a lot of.
I'm open to any suggestions to make this analysis better. Over the next three days, I'll add start adding more details, such as counters and good supporters.

Last edited:
Oh well, I guess that some Pokemon are better than others...

The reason that I even started breeding for an Audino is because with Skill Swap and Simple Beam, Mega Audino has the potential to turn Slaking into a potent sweeper, once you get rid of that terrible ability. Assuming I'm allowed to, I also intended to post my set on that as well. I'm aware that the set would probably work better in the Battle Maison then against real people, but everything has it's weaknesses.

If it is bad enough that a moderator says that it isn't worth continuing this analysis, then that is fine with me if it gets deleted because Mega Audino isn't good enough to warrant the attention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)