SV OU Maushold Mimikyu Pivot Team... Any Suggestions?

The core for this team mainly consists of the two off-meta pokemon in my team, Maushold and Mimikyu. My team is mainly built around these two Pokemon, attempting to cover any open weaknesses. No damage calculations have been made, so please provide me with any suggestions possible.

Maushold @ Wide Lens
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tidy Up
- Population Bomb
- U-turn
- Encore

Maushold is one of the two main physical sweepers on my team. Tidy Up and Population Bomb were must-haves on Maushold, as they help with hazard clearing and setting up on a good switch in, as well as the haha funny hit 10 times move. Initially, I was using Bite instead of U-turn, but I found that I would usually be getting around the same results with either Low Kick, Bite, or U-turn as Maushold is too squishy to counter Pokemon who resist Population Bomb. Additionally, I chose the Tera-type Ghost as it grants immunity to Normal-type's one weakness, Fighting.

Mimikyu @ Spell Tag
Ability: Disguise
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

Mimikyu holds value in this team as a secondary physical sweeper, covering Maushold's weakness in Fighting with its immunity and super effective fairy move Play Rough. I find that setting up swords dance is quite simple when Mimikyu is switched into efficiently, and Shadow Sneak, it becomes a guessing game of who will hit first. I use Spell Tag instead of Life Orb on this Mimikyu as two of the three attack moves are Ghost type and Play Rough can be granted extra damage through Terastilization if needed.

Meowscarada @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- Trick
- U-turn

The one other weakness that Maushold has is Rocky Helmet, which causes Maushold to take a lot of damage when making the mistake of using Population Bomb in the wrong time. I chose the Choice Scarf Trick build for Meowscarada as it helps with rendering most defensive Pokemon useless. Knock Off is essential to this build as well as it helps remove items, Rocky Helmet (from Corviknight especially) or any item being removed provides a ton of value for the team. Additionally, Flower Trick is for STAB and U-Turn is for Pivot, and the Tera-Type is Stellar as a counter to any counter-Terastilization, but I have almost never used Tera on Meowscarada.

Kingambit @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Kingambit has been a strong defensive/revenge killer mon. I used max-speed stat to outspeed most highly-defensive Pokemon, but I think I will soon change the EVs to be a bit more on the bulky side. Swords Dance, Kowtow Cleave, and Sucker Punch are must-haves on Kingambit as they help Kingambit to become an unstoppable monster, and I have chosen Iron Head instead of Low Kick because of the super effectiveness to bulkier pokemon like Blissey, Garganacl, etc. Items have been the choice between Leftovers and Heavy-Duty Boots, but I because Spikes and Stealth Rock don't do all that much damage to Kingambit, Leftovers is a much better choice.

Primarina @ Assault Vest
Ability: Torrent
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Flip Turn
- Psychic Noise

Primarina is a rather newly added Pokemon to this team, but holds a lot of value in countering a lot of Pokemon strong in the current meta such as Torkoal, Great Tusks, the Paradox Beasts, and more. With Assault Vest, she can last a long time on the field without needing to be switched out. Although EVs have been spread out to 176 Speed, I doubt a 200 speed stat outspeeds any of the offensive Pokemon of the current meta. I usually switch out to Primarina in the case that Great Tusk is summoned (most of the time in reaction to Maushold). The only move that feels out of place in her moveset is Psychic Noise.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 64 SpD / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Heatran is also a rather new Pokemon to the team, but helps with dealing with most of the defensive Steel types, and physically defensive Pokemon in general. The immunity to Ground type moves with the help of Air Balloon, as the immunity to Poison type moves helps deal with any bulky Pokemon with Earthquake, or Pecharunt, who I've come across quite often recently. Though with Air Balloon, I feel that the Tera Typing Flying is quite redundant, it gives a second chance at immunity, and resistance to Fighting type moves. Magma Storm and Protect are most used to force a switch or stall out any physically defensive Pokemon and catch them off guard with a switch into Maushold or Mimikyu. Coincidentally, Heatran pairs very well with Primarina, with its 1/4 resistance to Steel and Grass, and immunity to Poison.

Once again, no damage or speed stat calculations have been done, and I feel that there are some weaknesses I haven't found in my team, as I find it difficult dealing with flying type Pokemon as I can't find any room for electric or ice-type moves without losing something important.
One big counter to this team that I've come across often is Raging Bolt, as he outspeeds most of my Pokemon, is able to tank hits from Mimikyu, and is super effective against my specially defensive Primarina with his electric moves.

Please let me know of any changes I should make to this team and I would greatly appreciate feedback.
Thank you!

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
It seems that you try to make a VoltTurn team wtih maushold as its main breaker

Because you'll be pivoting in and out you'll need a spinner so you don't get chipped too much, and you said you needed something to check/counter Raging Bolt, so in my eyes this is a good replacement for Heatran:

Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Temper Flare
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

This takes take of STeel and Grass types as well as provides hazard removal and knock off.

Roller K

sangria and sunsets
is an official Team Rateris a Tiering Contributor
Very cool combination of Maushold on a pivot team, I didn't even know it had U-turn! Maushold with the right support is super threatening, and you have a solid foundation for the team. I went ahead and made some changes to your team, which I will include in the Pokepaste right below.

My version: :maushold: :gliscor: :meowscarada: :kingambit: :primarina: :heatran:

Changes:

1. :gliscor: > :mimikyu:: I tried making :mimikyu: work, but it's just so weak for SV OU and there are better options for your team. I wanted to maintain the role of a Swords Dance setup Pokemon that could better cover your team's weaknesses and open up :maushold: more, and I decided on :gliscor:. Most people expect the scorpion to be a hazard setter, but you can apply a lot of pressure with Swords Dance. It retains all the positive attributes you want from :mimikyu:; it resists Fighting, hits Ghost-types hard with Knock Off, hits Steel-types hard with Earthquake, and helps greatly against :raging-bolt:, which you stated harms your team a lot. It also gives your team two key immunities in Ground and Electric, and it is a great Knock Off absorber alongside :heatran:. I opted for special bulk to help with :raging-bolt: and be a more well-rounded bulky sweeper. Tera Dark is to power up Knock Off and make all :kyurem: hits neutral, though you could easily go with the standard Tera Water for weather matchups.

2. Stealth Rock + Taunt > Flash Cannon + Protect, Tera Grass > Flying on :heatran:: Your matchup against stall is currently quite weak. Also, Protect is not a great combination with Air Balloon since you do not get the added benefit of passive recovery during your invincible turn. Taunt + Magma Storm has the same, if not better, effect of stalling out Pokemon, and Stealth Rock will pressure the opposing team more than Flash Cannon, especially since your team is pivot-based and naturally forces a lot of switches. Tera Grass + Flash Fire is a strong combo, and it will retain the Ground resistance while improving your rain matchup.

3. Draining Kiss > Surf, Liquid Voice > Torrent, Tera Fairy > Steel on :primarina:: You said that Psychic Noise felt out of place on the moveset, and I agree. The only reason to use Psychic Noise as a Psychic-type move is for Water Absorb :clodsire:, which is not an issue for your team. I opted to make Liquid Voice a Water-type move so it is more spammable. Yes, it is less powerful, but it puts in greater work against bulkier teams. If you want more power, replace Psychic Noise with Surf. In my opinion, Draining Kiss is a must-have move on :primarina: so it can stay healthy throughout a match while still applying pressure. Tera Fairy will boost the power of your Draining Kiss and Moonblast, and it is a stronger defensive typing for the team than Steel.

4. Low Kick > Iron Head, Tera Fighting > Flying on :kingambit:: Low Kick will enable you to hit the Steel-types that pester :maushold:. Since you have a Flying-type now and Air Balloon :heatran:, Tera Flying does not feel as necessary, though it is still an amazing tera type if you prefer that. Tera Fighting will power up Low Kick and help you against :dondozo: in a pinch. Either is great in my opinion.

5. Triple Axel > Trick on :meowscarada:: I like the speed control that Choice Scarf :meowscarada: provides for the team, and Tricking away the speed control can be scary for later in the game. You already have anti-setup measures in Encore :maushold: and now Taunt :heatran:, plus you mentioned how Flying-types are giving you trouble, so Triple Axel would be a perfect way to combat this issue.

6. Notable EV Changes:
a. :gliscor:: 244 HP maximizes healing from Poison Heal. 252 SpDef with a Defense-boosting nature will help :gliscor: maximize its all-around bulk to give it a better chance to live hits and sweep. 12 Speed EVs will let you outspeed opposing :gliscor: and others tying to speed creep.
b. :kingambit:: Jolly > Adamant is preferred when using Low Kick so you can outspeed opposing :kingambit:/:ursaluna: and deal massive damage.
c. :primarina:: Speed is unnecessary; if anything, you want to be somewhat slow so that you get a slow Flip Turn and safely pivot into :meowscarada:/:maushold: without them taking damage. The Speed EVs are pumped into HP to allow :primarina: to eat more hits.

I hope you like and implement some of these suggestions into your team. You have a strong idea of what you want the team to accomplish, and I believe my suggested changes will help you succeed even more! :maushold: :maushold: :maushold:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)