Marshadow Discussion

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Marshadow
Fighting/Ghost
Abilities: Technician
HP: 90
Atk: 125
Def: 80
SpAtk: 90
SpDef: 90
Spe: 125

Level Up

L1 - Laser Focus
L1 - Assurance
L1 - Fire Punch
L1 - Thunder Punch
L1 - Ice Punch
L1 - Drain Punch
L1 - Counter
L1 - Pursuit
L1 - Shadow Sneak
L5 - Force Palm
L11 - Feint
L15 - Rolling Kick
L20 - Copycat
L26 - Shadow Punch
L30 - Role Play
L35 - Jump Kick
L41 - Psych Up
L45 - Spectral Thief
L50 - Close Combat
L56 - Sucker Punch
L60 - Endeavor

TMs

TM01 - Work Up
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM23 - Smack Down
TM27 - Return
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM46 - Thief
TM47 - Low Sweep
TM48 - Round
TM49 - Echoed Voice
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM54 - False Swipe
TM56 - Fling
TM61 - Will-O-Wisp
TM62 - Acrobatics
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM77 - Psych Up
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM100 - Confide

New Move

Spectral Thief: The user hides in the target's shadow, steals the target's stat boosts, and then attacks. 100% accuracy [Ghost] 90 BP, Physical.

Last edited:
Amazing typing, literally 'better psych up' as its signature move, technician STAB shadow sneak, this thing will be a monster.

Can we just take amount to talk about HOW ADORABLE it is? It's funny thinking that something this cute can easily be a terrifying threat in the meta, with Technician and perfect STAB coverage, plus a great signature move and stats to match. Easily the cutest thing to ever probably grace Ubers.

Spectral Thief is basically one of the best moves in the game. Perfect STAB neutral coverage with tech shadow sneak and other cool moves like will-o and pursuit. Definitely OU and most likely will be ubers. It dunks on ekiller outside of shadow claw and wrecks the cover legends pretty hard. Its even better that it gets Close Combat so it has a powerful nuke outside of Spectral Thief.

Honorable mention to Psych Up for redundant movepool options.

The best new pokemon yet. Great typing and neutral coverage and it has so many tools at its disposable. Has the most mischievous signature ever that could easily flip the game.

This thing is nuts. Base 125 Attack Technician Shadow Sneak is crazy good, and it has base 90 reliable Ghost STAB that punishes people for boosting, Close Combat, Pursuit and Will-o-Wisp to punish switches. I dislike predicting something will be banned before we even get to try it, but this will be a 'mon to keep a close eye on in the early days of Gen 7 competitive.

As a lover of all ghost types I must say I love this guy just on the design. Great stats and moves are just a plus. Can't wait to get it and put it on a team

It also gets its own Z-Move, based off Spectral Thief, which makes me wonder if it keeps the effect. Regardless, it's the cutest monster to ever grace Ubers imo.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Love this little guy. His STABs deal with both of the new ubers and he's basically the best offensive EKiller check money can buy, and his signature move can let him take on most other SD Arceus formes as well. Shame about no Swords Dance, but Bulk Up is adequate and he has a lot of utility with Technician Shadow Sneak/Pursuit and Wisp. Wonder what his Z-Move is.

Can definitely see him being decent in Ubers. I have a sneaking suspicion he'll be too strong for OU, but time will tell I suppose.

So, yeah... we get something that can use Technician priority not unlike Scizor thanks to comparable Attack, except with flawless STAB coverage, a very high Speed tier so that it does not really have to rely on Technician priority to pull most of its weight, and can steal stat boosts while dealing damage. And has Close Combat.

You are cute, Marshadow. Cute but I don't want to see you as an opponent. Agreeing in that it's the best Pokemon released in this Gen, not counting certain Ultra Beasts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMj_cwfBV9Y/

Footage of the Z move found: Soul Stealing 7 Star Strike!
So Marshadow gets a Super Saiyan Green form when using its Z-Move.

By the way, there is one thing I'm curious about its signature move. It says it steals stat boosts... but does it actually swap stat changes like Heart Swap? Because if it's the case, it makes for a surprisingly deadly combo with Close Combat (while recovering defense changes), and could turn Intimidate back to its opponent.

Last edited:
Something that hasn't been mentioned yet is that it can run a 90 Base Power Special move of any type it desires, thanks to Hidden Power. Not that it needs to, with that great STAB Coverage. But it can run HP Ice to OHKO defensive Landorus-T or Garchomp, or HP Fire to defeat Mega Scizor, for example. That's pretty neat. It does get the elemental punches, but the idea here is to target physically defensive pokemon, and to not proc potential Rocky Helmets.

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 218-260 (57 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Life Orb Technician Marshadow Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 369-437 (96.5 - 114.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

You can see the difference. Its a shame HP Fairy isn't a thing, or else you could target Mega Sableye who checks you otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)