Mario

I'd join it.

Now that I'm getting more into the game, I'm noticing more things. For one, surely I can't be the only who finds the TT ghost packs to be a bit shitty? I beat most of them by at least 10 seconds.

I also like the fact that the rival system is back. It seems to have gone unnoticed by most people.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Well if someone can be bothered making one I'd join it.

The TT ghosts haven't been too much trouble. I haven't played TT mode extensively, but I've beaten some of the pro ghosts by about 2 seconds (not 10 seconds - I'm not THAT good... yet) and in all of those I haven't exactly driven flawlessly. It has been fun experimenting with ridiculous shortcuts on Rainbow Road.

I wish you could watch the replays though (like in the Wii version). As a beginner, it would be nice to observe how the pro ghosts race to get some tips for improvement.

Actually, I've found that getting 3-star rankings in Grand Prix mode has been quite easy. Seriously, if you win each race of the Grand Prix and don't drive really badly (as in not falling off the edge lots, etc) you are pretty much guaranteed the 3-star rank. I already have 3-star rank in all the Grand Prix's and I'm not even that good yet!

I must say I'm disappointed by the lack of a Vs. mode in single player. I don't want to have to play through a whole Grand Prix just to do a race on Rainbow Road...

Anyone willing to share the combo they're using right now? I'm currently using Rosalina (duh) in the Bumble V (or whatever it's called - it's the one that looks like a bee). I mix and match the wheels depending on the course (some courses are better with high offroad set-ups) but I've found that Rosa+Bumble V is very well balanced. It has a focus on speed but also has decent acceleration and weight. The handling isn't great but that means I have to work harder to get around corners which means that I can get miniturbos more easily. The offroad can be improved with wheels such as the Mushrooms (which still leaves me with a high speed).

Actually I was talking about the spotpass ghosts with the ten second thing. I always find myself in first racing against them and I'm not driving flawlessly either.

As for the no single vs. mode, it's disappointing, sure, but I got streetpassed a create-a-cup with four random courses. It may be only 100cc, but it's what I play the most.

My combination is Barrel Train + Wooden Wheels + Shy Guy/Koopa. It's pretty much worked for me on any course.

Alright, I guess I can set up a group later today when I get back home.

Actually, I've found that getting 3-star rankings in Grand Prix mode has been quite easy. Seriously, if you win each race of the Grand Prix and don't drive really badly (as in not falling off the edge lots, etc) you are pretty much guaranteed the 3-star rank.
That's so much easier said than done, especially at 150cc where the AI is unrelenting with the thunderbolts and blue shells. Nothing like enjoying a bit fat lead the entire race only to have your victory shat all over in the last lap of the course.

I don't have all of the parts yet, but for my kart I use Daisy/B-Dasher/Wooden tires. Weight kinda sucks but I get really nice acceleration and I can turn on a goddamn dime.

Yeah, so i finished SM3DL yesterday (At least the first half of it.) Did anyone count how many times bowser fake-died? I think it was around 5 or some crazy amount...

Also, didn't know that mario kart 7 is out, now i have to get that. But i also have to finish 3d land... Oh my gosh i haven't been this torn since that day when i turned into a piece of cloth...

atsync

Alright, the community group is up. Anyone interested in joining should search for 03-8869-4572-5935.
Just signed up, nice one. Might have to wait until more people sign up before trying to organise anything though.

Been playing MK7 online for the last few days. Definitely frustrating, but great fun. The best thing to do is just have space and avoid contact with other players, as most of my 5-8th places have come from stars and sometimes subsequently falling down. I'm now thinking Wiggler/Soda Jet/Mushroom has been my most successful combo, but knowing me, that will probably change.

atsync

So is anyone out there who has signed up willing to race now? I swear whenever I check the Smogon Speedway community there is no one on so obviously something needs to be organised if we want to race. It sounds like VERY few people have joined though :/

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This was already mentioned in the newest Wii U thread, but FUCK YEAH the 3DS is getting a new 2D Mario game this year!!!!

One thing I'd like to see in this 2D Mario is something that VB Wario Land and Donkey Kong Country Returns sometimes did: plane jumping. For example, Mario could jump on a special kind of block, and jump riiiight into the background. That sounds like something that was made for the 3DS! Either way I'm hyped. Sure the first New Super Mario Bros was one of the weaker 2D Marios, but New Super Mario Bros Wii was a fucking amazing return to form that imo is only narrowly beat by Super Mario World when it comes to other 2D Mario platformers!

DLC for Super Mario 3D Land or Mario Kart 7?

I can't say I'm not surprised that Nintendo was eventually get in on the trend but it'll be interesting to see if they go through with it. I wouldn't mind paying an extra 5/10 dollars for more Mario 3D land if they give us enough content. Thoughts?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nintendo has no right to sell DLC on MK7, a game that was rushed and I do not consider complete. But if the do offer it maybe the DLC could be free and could fix:

1. Lack of Single VS.
2. Loss of Missions
3. No editing of logos
4. Helping users in identifying weight classes
5. Add different Balloon Battle options.

oh and fixing Maku Wahu and punishing all the users who spam that pick on wifi.

But if the acknowledge it's possible that is a good step for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)