SM OU M-Lopunny

Would you use my team? (say yes pls)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[Insert interesting title here which I can't think of]

Hi guys, so I wanted to ladder to attempt to get a chance to vote for the dugtrio suspect test and didn't have a team so I put this team together in literally 5 mins. It's not some amazing team by any means but I did come close to getting reqs but no cigar. :(

Regardless, I thought it would be fun to share this team. I plan on taking a break from mons for a couple weeks after the failed and also tiring session of trying to get voting reqs. So, now would be the time to share it.

Teambuilding Process

I mean it when I said the team was put together in literally 5mins. Nevertheless, it wasn't a case of brainlessly slapping 6 mons together. This is my thought process.

I just felt like using Lopunny. It works well vs. mons commonly seen on offense such as AshGren & Tapu Koko.

Lopunny is frail and needs a solid defensive backbone so I added 3 solid pivots/defensive mons. Heatran also helps with beating fatter teams with its SubToxic set.

I added Latios as my form of speed control and defog support in case I really needed it.

Lastly, I added AshGren because it was a highly splashable mon. XD

Movesets & such

I copy pasted all the movesets from the smogon dex so don't expect anything special lol.

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
- Ice Punch

Return & HJK are strong STABs and must-have. PUP is for use on predicted switches such as Gren vs. Lopunny. Ice Punch is to hit the highly splashable Lando-T.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

SubToxic Tran provides my team with a decently sturdy steel type and a way to beat annoying ass mons like gastrodon, celesteela and toxapex with its moves.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Lando-T gives me a catch-all check to physical attackers. I speed crept it a bit to hopefully outspeed other defensive Lando-T's otherwise everything is very standard.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

My much needed Tapu Koko check and also catch-all blanket check to things like AshGren, Zygarde & Tapu Lele. Knock Off is nice for removing leftovers from annoying mons like Celesteela.

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

My form of speed control. Defog is nice even though nothing is weak to hazards because hazard stacking games can sometimes get out of hand for me. Trick is used to give mons like Celesteela & Toxapex the scarf to cripple them isn't needed for the match.

Greninja-Ash @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Standard AshGren set I stole off smogon dex and changed it to Waterium Z for the 1 time Hydro Vortex nuke because I didn't have a Z-move user. Spikes are nice to pressure the opponent and also helps even the playing field vs. hazard stack teams. Sometimes Gren gets a surprise kill too because people switch in their Tapu Leles and other mons thinking I'm locked into spikes.

Threats

I don't have switchins to these mons but I have means of checking them as my 3 attackers are fast mons.

Special mention to Clefable because I just lose to CM sets if I don't trick it a scarf with Latios. Also, partially the reason why I kept losing games and ended up not getting reqs aside from me being a shit kid. ;-;

Feedback/Changes are much appreciated.

Replays

If you guys are interested in seeing replays, search [x faye x] for replays. I mostly didn't save my games but there should be some of me winning and also me getting my bumhole kicked.

Importable provided down below

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
- Ice Punch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Greninja-Ash @ Waterium Z
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Last edited:
Hi.

Your team seems pretty solid but I think you face many problems with many powerful mons as your defensive core, although solid on its own, invites threats to come in pretty easily. In addition, you don't have a good switch-in to strong Psychic and Fighting type moves as your main resists - Heatran and Lando-T respectively - do not have reliable recovery, nor Wish support, and if enough pressure is put on it, your defensive core just crumbles.

Here are some suggestions:

Spdef >

While Heatran is really solid, it lacks the reliable recovery Spdef Rachi has in WishTect. Spdef Rachi is very good right now, being able to check many huge threats such as Lele, Magearna, Bulu, Diancie, and Latios. Wish + U-Turn is really nice for topping up your other mons, which will be really useful after my other changes since you will rely on Latios defensively a bit more, and pivoting out of the threats that come in, allowing you to switch in your offensive mons safely and keep up the pressure on your opponent. 152 Speed EVs is needed to outspeed Jolly Bulu, which your team would otherwise find difficult to handle after my other changes. Rachi should ease your Clef matchup too.

DD Z-Stone Edge > Defensive
DD Continental Crush Lando-T is pretty much as good as it was early SM during the Gene suspect. While a set-up sweeper is not mandatory on every BO team, I feel that it will give you a better goal in the game. Lando-T can also assist in breaking fatter teams, while possibly turning matches around. My main reason for this suggestion is that I find that your team lacks power, so stuff like Clef and Pex can be really tough to handle since your best way of dealing with them with the current team you're using is Tricking them with Latios, which can be played around.

>

With the aforementioned changes, Clefable would suit your team much better, having access to Rocks and being able to deal with some of the Physical threats that would be tough to handle without Defensive Lando-T such as MMedi and Zygarde. Clefable is a tough nut to deal with, and what's even better is that Clef doesn't really give your opponent a free switch-in to a bulky threat like Tangrowth does, since it is generally harder to switch into and many things that can switch into it hate the utility moves often found in its 4th move slot. I chose Knock Off for its 4th slot so you can remove Celes and Mew's lefties, making it much easier to deal with since replacing Heatran comes with a cost of losing a great check to both of them.

AoA >

My final change would be changing your AshGren to an AoA Protean set, as I think your team would greatly appreciate the coverage and power it provides. Ice Beam is there for obvious reasons, and Hydro is there for good neutral coverage in general and hitting Heatran. HP Fire is extremely important to deal with Celesteela and Dark Pulse is there for Mew. With SpDef Rachi topping you off, LO recoil hurts a lot less, and since this set has Hydro it really appreciates the LO power boost.

This is your new team after my suggestions:
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dark Pulse

Hope I helped, thanks for reading, and have a nice day! n_n

Hi.

Your team seems pretty solid but I think you face many problems with many powerful mons as your defensive core, although solid on its own, invites threats to come in pretty easily. In addition, you don't have a good switch-in to strong Psychic and Fighting type moves as your main resists - Heatran and Lando-T respectively - do not have reliable recovery, nor Wish support, and if enough pressure is put on it, your defensive core just crumbles.

Here are some suggestions:

Spdef >

While Heatran is really solid, it lacks the reliable recovery Spdef Rachi has in WishTect. Spdef Rachi is very good right now, being able to check many huge threats such as Lele, Magearna, Bulu, Diancie, and Latios. Wish + U-Turn is really nice for topping up your other mons, which will be really useful after my other changes since you will rely on Latios defensively a bit more, and pivoting out of the threats that come in, allowing you to switch in your offensive mons safely and keep up the pressure on your opponent. 152 Speed EVs is needed to outspeed Jolly Bulu, which your team would otherwise find difficult to handle after my other changes. Rachi should ease your Clef matchup too.

DD Z-Stone Edge > Defensive
DD Continental Crush Lando-T is pretty much as good as it was early SM during the Gene suspect. While a set-up sweeper is not mandatory on every BO team, I feel that it will give you a better goal in the game. Lando-T can also assist in breaking fatter teams, while possibly turning matches around. My main reason for this suggestion is that I find that your team lacks power, so stuff like Clef and Pex can be really tough to handle since your best way of dealing with them with the current team you're using is Tricking them with Latios, which can be played around.

>

With the aforementioned changes, Clefable would suit your team much better, having access to Rocks and being able to deal with some of the Physical threats that would be tough to handle without Defensive Lando-T such as MMedi and Zygarde. Clefable is a tough nut to deal with, and what's even better is that Clef doesn't really give your opponent a free switch-in to a bulky threat like Tangrowth does, since it is generally harder to switch into and many things that can switch into it hate the utility moves often found in its 4th move slot. I chose Knock Off for its 4th slot so you can remove Celes and Mew's lefties, making it much easier to deal with since replacing Heatran comes with a cost of losing a great check to both of them.

AoA >

My final change would be changing your AshGren to an AoA Protean set, as I think your team would greatly appreciate the coverage and power it provides. Ice Beam is there for obvious reasons, and Hydro is there for good neutral coverage in general and hitting Heatran. HP Fire is extremely important to deal with Celesteela and Dark Pulse is there for Mew. With SpDef Rachi topping you off, LO recoil hurts a lot less, and since this set has Hydro it really appreciates the LO power boost.

This is your new team after my suggestions:
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Trick

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dark Pulse

Hope I helped, thanks for reading, and have a nice day! n_n
when im back to mons, ill be sure to give this a try out. i have this saved in my builder, thanks for the help/kind words

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)