LucariOWNED

Team At a Glance

I constructed this team yesterday but it does need a lot of work. It does well in battles except against bulkier steel types such as Skarmory that set up entry hazards all over me. Then it gets hard to even have a chance at victory after that since entry hazards pretty much ruin me. The idea is to weaken everything up and then send in Lucario for a decent late game sweep (though he does come in earlier sometimes against walls :x). I also have trouble against Suicune that run Ice Beam. So yes please help, thank you ^.^;.

-------------------------

G
yarados @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature(+Spe, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Outrage
- Earthquake

This Gyarados was made by ChouToshio. I must say that it is a brilliant anti lead. It usually hits my oponents lead very hard and most of the time it is an OHKO. When building this team I wanted an effective Anti Lead. I just happened to be checking out the Creative Movesets thread and found this badboy. I figured it must be good considering it outspeeds Mamoswine and Heatran and hits them both with a STAB move that goes by the name of Waterfall. In fact this beats almost all of the common leads when used with Tyranitar. Heatran is OHKOd by CB Waterfall, Jirachi may trick but it has to trick again and if I use Taunt then JIrachi is forced to struggle, Metagross is a little tougher but it can be Taunted to remove SR, Ape gets....beaten, Azelf is beaten by CB Waterfall+Tyranitar, if Aero uses Taunt first then it loses. So yes that is how he fares against some common leads ;P. Taunt may seem like a weird choice on a lead pokemon that is choiced but it actually works out VERY well. It royally screws ANY trick leads that have a choice item. I'm looking at you Metagross, Azelf and Jirachi. +It prevents bulkier leads such as Swampert and Hippowdon(if it dares stay in) from setting up any entry hazards. Also I outspeed Heatran so it isn't getting Stealth Rock up either... AKA forced to switch out asplode. Outrage is the next oddball. I was pretty skeptical about how Outrage would work on a non dragon. But it does help a lot against leads such as Salamence(if there eve
r was one). It also OHKOs all the other dragons. Nothing resists Dragon, Water, Ground in OU anyways so it was the best choice for coverage. It also does 40% to Celebi if that is worth anything(no not really). Waterfall and EQ are pretty standard on Gyarados. Waterfall OHKOs many leads with ease. Endeavor Swine loses to Gyarados as well as it will usually Stealth Rock first but to its surprise it is outsped and left at 1% for a quick Ice Shard that will do jack shit after Intimidate. It also OHKOs Heatran which means Stealth Rock is ALMOST a thing of the past. Earthquake is for coverage on steel types that are grounded. The EVs maximize my offenses. 252 Atk is necessary for KOs on some of your top leads. 252 Speed+Jolly nature allows me to hit 287 speed which outpaces Adamant Lucario, Jolly Mamoswine, MaxSpeed Heatran and Adamant DDMence with 176 Speed EV's ;P. Gyarados pretty much covers Lucario and Scizor early in the game as well as functioning as a nice Mamoswine check. He is a nice early game denter. CB Gyarados is a great lead and I reccomend him to you all =P.

--------------------

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EV's: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SDef
Careful Nature(+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Payback

This has been the most reliable member of my team thus far. Tyranitar functions as my status absorber and stall breaker(LOL). CurseTar IS one of the best stall breakers because of his typing and Curse of course. After a few curses Celebi isn't coming in to even think about Perish Songing. Swamperts only hope is to EQ me while that doesn't even work after a few curses. All they can do is phaze but eventually Tyranitar will be left as my last pokemon with recovery ^^;. This is also my Rotom, Latias, Celebi, Zapdos and (primarily) Blissey counter. Tyranitar has the right stats in the right places to abuse a stat boosting set. With great special defense being boosted to even greater levels by the sandstorm and Curse boosting my Defense AND Attack but only lowering my speed. With this set he follows in the path of Crocune, Spiritomb and Late Game Pert.
Curse is for boosting my Attack and my Defense. These are vital as Tyranitar only becomes a threat after a few curses. The lowering of speed doesn't phaze him much due to his attacking move. Since Tyranitar will most likely be taking on things such as Swampert and Hippowdon boosting his defenses is necessary to let him survive Earthquakes. Rest+Sleep talk is a classic combination that allows Tyranitar to gain all of his HP back after he has taken some beatings. Sleep Talk is so my oponent cant safely set up while I am sleeping. Payback is his final move and his only attacking move. After a few curses EVERYTHING is going to be outspeeding Tyranitar which means I get to abuse a 100 BP Stab move while Crunch is only a measely 80 BP STAB move. Payback also hurts things on the switch so I don't have to even use curse to get a huge hit on something. With these special defensive EVs I can take most neutral special attacks and even a few super effective special attacks. 252 HP gives me 404 HP which lets me take 4 seismic tosses from Blissey. 40 Def is just there and allows me to get my Defenses to extreme levels after a curse. Oh and I almost forgot. The sandstorm from Tyranitar functions as a "count down clock" for Gyarados. Gyarados has no way to kill himself meaning that he could possibly become set up bait for a DDMence ;/.

--------------------

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature(+Def, -Atk)
- Grass Knot
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Celebi is my stronghold against a lot of threats. Hidden Power Fire is nice for checking Scizor who can rip my team apart if Gyarados ever died too early. Leech Seed steals more HP from my opponent and is a nice way to build up sandstream damage since it effectively removes leftovers and takes 12% from my oponent regardless of whether they have Leftovers or naut. For salad, Celebi is pretty defensive. Taking even super effective hits like nothing. This is my primary switch into Suicune but I've been seeing a few Ice Beam Suicunes so I might start running enough speed to outrun offensive suicune. Grass Knot takes down water types that hurt Tyranitar, Vaporeon, Gliscor and Gyarados. Recover allows me to stall and recovers 50% of my health each time I use it. (50% on the dot). I love to see Flamethrower Blissey switch into Leech Seed and be robbed of about 20% of its health meaning Celebi is barely hurt after a flamethrower and if my health gets too low I can just recover. Celebi also counters Gyarados rather easily, Lucario sweep? The given EVs allow Celebi to outpace Jolly Tyranitar and still remain a defensive threat. 252 HP hits 404 HP which, once again, takes 4 seismic tosses from Blissey.

--------------------

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EV's: 188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature(+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Wish

Vaporeon is my (rather unneeded) wish supporter. To be honest I think Suicune might go better here for his better Physical defense stat. But don't get me wrong, I love Vappy. Vappy is my Heatran and Infernape counter and my DDMence "check". Wish+Protect helps me scout out choiced pokemon and gives Vaporeon a way to safely recover health. Vaporeon is no slouch on the offensive either. Base 110 Special Attack is nothing to fool around with. Especially considering two of the things that it counters can't take a hit... When I was building this team, I added Vappy when I was at "Gyarados, Tyranitar, Celebi, Lucario" because I noticed a huge Infernape weakness and a small Heatran weakness. I really hate having more than one of the same type on my teams but if it was for the good of the team I decided it was ok... so I added Vappy and it has done its job just fine. Vaporeon has a humongous HP stat that allows it to take hits better than some walls even though he doesn't have that huge defensive stat. 188 HP is a lefties number, 252 Defense is vital, 68 speed allows me to outrun Choice Band Metagross and Skarmory.

--------------------

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Ice Fang
- Stealth Rock

Gliscor is my Stealth Rocker and Lucario counter. Originally I planned on rounding off the team with a Scarf Flygon that could not only add speed but rack up some more residual damage with U-Turn... sounded perfect until I saw my Lucario weak. But this guy still works because he gives me stealth rock so I didn't have to try to fit it in on somebody else. Secondary Salamence check but it still OHKOs with +1 LO Outrage ;(. Biggest weakness is Salamence if you haven't figured out. Anyways EQ kills off Lucario and any Heatran that want to test me. The EVs hit 308 speed which allows me to outspeed Jolly Ice Punch Lucario and KO with STAB EQ. Roost gets rid of my flying type which allows him to take Ice Beams...(which he will never take) better. Ice Fang kills Dragons and Stealth Rock is just there so it can take away any random sashes that Sand Stream can't get to. On a side note Gliscor fits me well because of his ability, Sand Veil. So I guess it is not a TOTAL loss. Even though Flygon would be so cool ;_;. He sets up the field of play for...

--------------------

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature(+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat

My favorite poke ever right here. I feel that this poses more of a threat than Scizor =P. Swords Dance for boosting his attack up to around 700 without Life Orb. Then I can start firing off attacks that nothing wants to take. Bullet Punch is a check against Gengar that might have broken past the National Guard (Tyranitar). Close Combat is immensly powerful after a swords dance and since it is STAB it is a 180 BP move which means that it has enough power to 2HKO the bulkiest of walls. Oh and yes Scizor isn't the only poke that gets STAB Bullet Punch. There was really no need for a Jolly Nature as by Late Game his counters should be eliminated and thus no need.

--------------------

Well thats all. Thanks for reading. Rate/Comment/Rate Sum MOAR.

Both of your problems are solved easily by a pokemon: Magnezone. I t can kill effectively steels and kills Suicune (except some CM sets) with T-bolt.
----------------------------

Gyarados: Strange lead, but ok...

Tyranitar: At last someone uses curse and payback together xD Or the first set I've seen... xD

Celebi: OK

Vaporeon: Ever tried HP Elec here?

Gliscor: Just be sure to remember that Luke normally carries Ice Punch xD

Lucario: Talking about Luke...I think Jolly would be better...

Hope my rating helps in something!

Thanks for the rate, Golden Empoleon.

Vaporeon doesn't need HP Electric because Celebi counters Gyarados. Gliscor outspeeds Lucario unless you are talking about Ice Punch on the switch. I guess then it would be a problem. Why does Lucario need to be jolly?

And what would I fit Magnezone in over?

Gliscor: Just be sure to remember that Luke normally carries Ice Punch xD
As he stated "The EVs hit 308 speed which allows me to outspeed Jolly Ice Punch Lucario and KO with STAB EQ." which means that this is fine.

Keep with Ice Beam on Vaporeon, as it allows you to revenge DDMence.

Only other thing that I have to say is that Lucario should be Jolly, if he wants to have a chance out speed Gliscor. Otherwise go with Adamant and Crunch to hit those nasty little ghosties seeking to wall you.

Other than that, a good team. Hope I helped!

Why Bullet Punch over Extremespeed? Extremespeed has a higher base power and is resisted by less at the cost of an immunity by ghosts. Which is why I always put Crunch on Lucario, CC + Extremespeed bates ghosts, since most Lucarios run Stone Edge instead of Crunch.

I suggest Crunch over Payback on T-tar, the power is more consistent and the Defence Drops help a lot against some walls.

Actually keep payback since curse drops his speed to dirt payback will double it's power after the opponent trys to take down tryran, but I see what you mean with crunch but the defense drop is very rare and you don't get lucky right off the bat.
Well bullet punch won't be much of help against tyranitar because most tyranitars now run babiri berry which reduces steel by 50% and then tyranitar can earthquake of fire punch and he's gone.
Having C-Band gyrados is sort of wierd and won't be the perfect anti-lead I would suggest C-Banded pert because with gyradoses weak defenses a strong lead could get rid of him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)