Lopunny Dicussion

I'm thinking this moveset for our sexy bunny.

Lopunny@Flame orb
Trait: Klutz
Impish Nature
EVs: 128 HP, 80 Atk, 100 Def, 100 SDef, 100 Spd
-Switcheroo
-Ice punch
-Agility
-Baton Pass

Functions:
~Switches opponent's item with a Flame orb, Doesn't get burned since it has Klutz. Gets rid of the ever important Choice Band/Specs/Scarf

~Ice Punch OHKO's Salamence, Garchomp and Dragonite.

~Not too sure but I've heard it can take hits from Salamence

~Agility passer as well.

Opinions? and is it UU, OU or BL?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
-Agility
-Baton Pass

Functions:
~Switches opponent's item with a Flame orb, Doesn't get burned since it has Klutz. Gets rid of the ever important Choice Band/Specs/Scarf

No.

No.

No.

~Agility passer as well.

No.

Opinions? and is it UU, OU or BL?

No.

Lopunny does between 70.6-83% dmg with those EVs to Salamence. And I doubt it can takes hits. Finally, tiers are no where near even being considered, so don't talk about 'em.

I don't think your moveset is workable. That said, I think you could make something workable.

If you use a +Spe nature, and put 216 EVs into Speed, you will be able to outspeed max-speed Salamence. That way, if it has Choice Band, you can outspeed it and Switcheroo first - then, Salamence will not be able to OHKO Lopunny even with max-Attack, and Lopunny can get a second move in. If Salamence has Choice Scarf, it won't be able to OHKO Lopunny, so there's no problem, and the switcheroo will mean Lopunny is the faster one on the next turn (due to max-speed, not the choice scarf, which doesn't work).

Then, you can give 200 EVs to HP and 96 to Def (which makes Def and SpD equal), and Salamence's strongest move, Draco Meteor, if it hits with max Special Attack, will do at most 85.05% damage.

If you give Lopunny Fake Out, it can get some damage in right at the start. Give it Endure, and it can survive the next hit. Give it Rest, and it can then heal back up to full health. Of course, that would make Lopunny fairly ineffective as a battler (although if you can switcheroo the Flame Orb back before it faints or switches out, without dying in the process, you might be able to use Lopunny again). Alternatively, you could go with Thunder Wave/Toxic and Rest, thereby allowing Lopunny to continue to status pokemon. You could give it Healing Wish and Focus Punch. What I'm saying is, the first two moves are the ones that matter more (in fact, you could even drop Fake Out, if you have a better setup, but I think Fake Out is worth using).

EDIT: I should mention that I based everything in this on Salamence, since that's what the original poster did. I suspect that pokemon such as Weavile are major issues for Lopunny, but I haven't run the numbers or anything.

In my opinion, this is more a Pokemon for the casual battles with your friends irl, not for the serious business metagame. Luckily, that's what I'm using this guy for!

Female
Lopunny @Cute Charm
-probably leftovers, though I might go with the D/P miracleberry
252 hp/84 spdef/84 def/84 speed
-Sp.Attack +Defense

-agility
-baton pass
-protect/fake out
-thunder wave

It's basically gonna be my agility passer, what with the decent base speed/sp.def. Dizzy Punch combined with Cute charm should hopefully allow it to get in safely. You'll probably be hit on the switch in, which could trigger CC. Then, I'd agility up and pass to a sweeper/along the line, if you happen to have a BP team. Thunder wave to be a jerk. I'm not sure on protect/fake out. One locks in a Choice item user, the other will kill off reversalers.

334 base HP isn't TOO horrible for my purposes, but I'll probably balance out those EVs more later. After the trait, SpDef is 2 points higher then Defense, so those EVs should give 300ish defenses both ways. I don't really know what to chuck the last EVs into, so I went speed because I swear to God one of my friends will be a dick and use choice scarf on something crazy fast.

Item is up for grabs, most likely leftovers for the protect/fake out, but if I see too much status I'm switching to the berry.

In conclusion, I don't really think your set would work because you're trying to do too much. BPing and attacking together isn't something I believe Lopunny can handle. My way goes the BP path, but I'm not really sure how you'd get an attacking set going, with 251/207 base attacking stats (respectively). Choice bander MAYBE, but I haven't really done any calculations or whatnot.

Why everyone keep using it to switch Flame Orbs?
Give them a Black Steel Orb or Lagging Tail, or Choice Band. Specs Mence doesn't mind getting burned at all, and a lot of other Pokemon doesn't as well.

Mr.E, that was not a constructive argument at all. Let me try:

Yes, but only works against physical opponents. Once. And only AFTER the turn it is used.

No, it won't. That's one that I can't argue with.

Yes, but not the way you are using it. You would basically need to run max HP and Special Defense just to survive Draco Meteor, and that is assuming it is SpecsMence.

~Agility passer as well.
Sure, why not? If you can get away with it.

is it UU, OU or BL?
Impossible to determine at this early stage, but most likely UU.

Why everyone keep using it to switch Flame Orbs?
Give them a Black Steel Orb or Lagging Tail, or Choice Band. Specs Mence doesn't mind getting burned at all, and a lot of other Pokemon doesn't as well.
I'll tell you why - because the Flame Orb can cripple almose any pokemon, at least via the burning (damage), while the Black Steel Orb/Lagging Tail just slows the pokemon down (so if it's not a speedy pokemon to begin with, it's not going to care - it will just continue to do what it always does), and Choice Band kind of becomes pointless because of its ability to boost Attack (basically, Lopunny will be dead if you go with it, unless faced with a special sweeper - better to have Encore if you want to inflict that effect).

Why no mention of heal wish on her? I think it can work quite well given her speed, and you can use it to help focus sash users get a second shot at killing stuff.

I'll tell you why - because the Flame Orb can cripple almose any pokemon, at least via the burning (damage), while the Black Steel Orb/Lagging Tail just slows the pokemon down (so if it's not a speedy pokemon to begin with, it's not going to care - it will just continue to do what it always does), and Choice Band kind of becomes pointless because of its ability to boost Attack (basically, Lopunny will be dead if you go with it, unless faced with a special sweeper - better to have Encore if you want to inflict that effect).
But flame orb's the norm, and giving heracross and machamp (two very likely switch-ins for an intelligent opponent) enough attack to sweep your team would not be considered "hurting" them. Whereas sticking them with a lagging tail and taking their choiceband when they switch-in expecting a burn pretty much destroys their efficiency.

But flame orb's the norm, and giving heracross and machamp (two very likely switch-ins for an intelligent opponent) enough attack to sweep your team would not be considered "hurting" them. Whereas sticking them with a lagging tail and taking their choiceband pretty much destroys their efficiency.
OK, so there's two pokemon that could benefit from Flame Orb switch (although why they're not holding a flame orb in the first place, I don't know). Indeed, there are six fully-evolved pokemon that can make use of Flame Orb directly (via Guts) - Raticate, Machamp, Heracross, Ursaring, Swellow, and Hariyama. Then there's Milotic, Seaking, and Wailord. I'm assuming that fire types can be burned by Flame Orb. For the opponent to be able to capitalise on Lopunny's Flame Orb, it has to have one of these pokemon, it has to have the right ability, it can't be holding Flame/Toxic orb already, and they have to correctly predict that Lopunny has the Flame Orb and switcheroo, and that it will use it on the first turn. What are the chances of all of those things happening?

There's really no way to know which item Lopunny has, and so any opponent must try to guess. There's no "standard" in this, because there are multiple options. The opponent must try to guess whether you have a Flame Orb on Lopunny, or one of many other items (Black Sludge comes to mind, along with Lagging Tail and Black Steel Orb).

OK, so there's two pokemon that could benefit from Flame Orb switch (although why they're not holding a flame orb in the first place, I don't know). Indeed, there are six fully-evolved pokemon that can make use of Flame Orb directly (via Guts) - Raticate, Machamp, Heracross, Ursaring, Swellow, and Hariyama. Then there's Milotic, Seaking, and Wailord. I'm assuming that fire types can be burned by Flame Orb. For the opponent to be able to capitalise on Lopunny's Flame Orb, it has to have one of these pokemon, it has to have the right ability, it can't be holding Flame/Toxic orb already, and they have to correctly predict that Lopunny has the Flame Orb and switcheroo, and that it will use it on the first turn. What are the chances of all of those things happening?

There's really no way to know which item Lopunny has, and so any opponent must try to guess. There's no "standard" in this, because there are multiple options. The opponent must try to guess whether you have a Flame Orb on Lopunny, or one of many other items (Black Sludge comes to mind, along with Lagging Tail and Black Steel Orb).
Flame orb'll probably be the most common one, though. You can bet anything you like that Lopunny'll have switcheroo, unless it's one of those weird gimmick sets. Plenty of teams have heracross, and Milotic and machamp aren't unheard of, and don't you forget the quick feet pokemon either. (then again, machamp IS more likely to have no guard.)The chances of an opponent having one of those pokemon are actually pretty high, with milotic and heracross being desirable, and the odds of them switching to one of them to try and outpredict you are good too.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Milotic doesn't desire to get Burned, Marvel Scale just diminishes the penalty of it. The passive damage makes up the damage lost to Marvel Scale from most physical attackers and it's certainly not any help against special attackers. Heracross gets worn down pretty quickly by passive damage, especially considering it often goes Choice (no Leftovers mitigation). Most competitive Machamp will use No Guard.

I'm having quite the difficult time trying to fit Lopunny on my team. I want to use her comparably to the way I'm using Gardevoir, sort of as someone that can screw with sweepers and help the team, while dishing out some damage if necessary.

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Calm (+SpDef, -Atk)
Trace
252 HP, 136 Def, 12 SpAtk, 108 Spd
- Psychic
- Wish
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-Wisp

Receive passed CMs for SpAtk/Def boosts, WoW to hurt physical sweepers, Wish to heal the team. Here is a partially-completed Lopunny:

Lopunny @ Lagging Tail / Iron Orb / Flame Orb
Jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk)
Klutz
252 HP, then Atk and Spd (maybe 6 / 252 or 26 / 232?)
- Healing Wish
- Switcheroo
- Ice Punch
- Return / Sky Uppercut

Could received passed SDs (if necessary) for added Atk. Lagging Tail over Iron Orb because no one on my team has Ground attacks (uh-oh?), and Switcheroo to crush sweepers. Healing Wish to help the team, especially late game. Ice Punch for coverage; still debating Return or Sky Uppercut (hi Weavile). Any and all help is appreciated, ESPECIALLY with EVs. Thanks!

BSO can be very nice for switching onto a Flying type especially, and slowing down Heracross and taking its CB/CS away can be very nice. BSO > Flame Orb imo.

I think Steel Orb has the potential to cripple pokemon like Zapdos, Charizard and so forth. Lopunny dies, switch to Dugtrio. Earthquake them for the win. That and of course the significantly slower speed that any sweeper would get because of it.

Assuming of course that Steel Orb makes them vunerable to Arena Trap.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
I used to have a Lopunny on my team for one thing, and it did it well. In fact, it saved me in a good few battles. When some Skarmory started WWing through my team to rack up SR damage, I'd just chip away at it until Lopunny came out. Switcheroo Iron Orb, and wait until I could fuck Skarmory in its newly opened ground weakness, and then laugh in my opponents face. The same thing works for any speed-based foe. A good Lopunny and some luck can destabilize a team quite easily.
I love whenever I managed to reuse Lopunny, too. It's a thing of beauty to see Lopunny switch lefties or shed shell or something equally useless onto a glass cannon, and take away whatever choice item they were using. Beautiful.
'Course, I removed it from my team because it didn't really do that much. It was just funny as hell when people shouted hax for Lopunny blowing up their team.

Assuming of course that Steel Orb makes them vunerable to Arena Trap.
Very good idea I need to test. I would expect it does.

I'm having quite the difficult time trying to fit Lopunny on my team. I want to use her comparably to the way I'm using Gardevoir, sort of as someone that can screw with sweepers and help the team, while dishing out some damage if necessary.

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Calm (+SpDef, -Atk)
Trace
252 HP, 136 Def, 12 SpAtk, 108 Spd
- Psychic
- Wish
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-Wisp

Receive passed CMs for SpAtk/Def boosts, WoW to hurt physical sweepers, Wish to heal the team. Here is a partially-completed Lopunny:

Lopunny @ Lagging Tail / Iron Orb / Flame Orb
Jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk)
Klutz
252 HP, then Atk and Spd (maybe 6 / 252 or 26 / 232?)
- Healing Wish
- Switcheroo
- Ice Punch
- Return / Sky Uppercut

Could received passed SDs (if necessary) for added Atk. Lagging Tail over Iron Orb because no one on my team has Ground attacks (uh-oh?), and Switcheroo to crush sweepers. Healing Wish to help the team, especially late game. Ice Punch for coverage; still debating Return or Sky Uppercut (hi Weavile). Any and all help is appreciated, ESPECIALLY with EVs. Thanks!

You might want Calm Mind on that Gardevoir over Will-O-Wisp. Also, I think Syncronize will hurt the opponent more by passing status effects. In that sense, you may want Rest over Wish.

Oh, and maybe Energy Ball over Thunderbolt. Grass can hit Waters hard, and get by Swampert. Unless you're more focused on flyers like Skarm and others, and in that case it's fine.

I PMed you my team. For other people's reference, I have Grass covered with either Grass Knot on Espeon, Leaf Blade on Gallade or Leaf Blade on Leafeon. So fear not: Grass is in my arsenal. =) Likewise, Espeon passes CMs around, so I didn't put it on my Gardy or Zam. And as far as Synchronize goes, you can't Sync Sleep, so Rest would only go so far. I gave it Calm for SpDef and 136 Def EVs to balance out its defenses.

Any suggestions on the Lopunny, though? I need the most help with EVs, but any glaring moveset issues or suggestions are greatly appreciated, also. Thanks again!

Know what cripples a physical attacker even more, but with less one time use? Charm.

I'm thinking of running:
Lopunny@Iron Orb
Jolly, 252 Spd/108 HP/138 SpDef
Charm
Switcheroo
Mirror Coat
Healing Wish

Works much better than your build, give an iron orb to any fast types that would otherwise seriously hinder your team, charm on any physical attackers to attempt to force a switch. Mirror coat may get a surprise kill occasionally, and healing wish to heal something more useful when you're done.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Know what cripples a physical attacker even more, but with less one time use? Charm.

I'm thinking of running:
Lopunny@Iron Orb
Jolly, 252 Spd/108 HP/138 SpDef
Charm
Switcheroo
Mirror Coat
Healing Wish

Works much better than your build, give an iron orb to any fast types that would otherwise seriously hinder your team, charm on any physical attackers to attempt to force a switch. Mirror coat may get a surprise kill occasionally, and healing wish to heal something more useful when you're done.
Watch out for Gyarados.
Thunderpunch should replace Mirror Coat, otherwise Gyara will love switching in on you, use its Taunt and start sweeping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)