Other Looking Ahead to Gen VI Mark II (SEE POSTS #818 & #858)

Status
Not open for further replies.
why did everyone suddenly forget Azumarill? 50 ATK plus huge power, water/fairy typing, STAB aqua jet and Play Rough, 100/80/80 defenses... it seems pretty good to me
I suppose it's a decent check to Salamence and Dragonite at least. And it's a huge blow to Keldeo and poor Kingdra, along with the weather nerf of course.

Because megamawile and it's amazing 105 attack backed up by huge power with access to sucker pursuit which is a pretty amazing combination not to mention its physical movepool is far superior to azumarill
It's a mega though, and at that with stiff competition from M-Aggron. I don't see M-Mawile making its big debut in OU. (Sadly, since it's my favourite mega by far.)

why did everyone suddenly forget Azumarill? 50 ATK plus huge power, water/fairy typing, STAB aqua jet and Play Rough, 100/80/80 defenses... it seems pretty good to me
I'm certainly looking forward to it, the new fairy typing it got will make it a lot more powerful than it was and increase it's ability to take hits with new resistances to dark, bug and fighting, a new neutrality to steel and a new weakness to only poison.

It will. Pretty much just like Giratina-O. An independent mon that is required to hold an item.
Not exactly. Giratina O doesn't start as Giratina A, while megas start out as the normal Pokemon. This is only really useful for mindgames and Mawile's Intimidate. Also, any news on whether or not Explosion still uses its Gen V mechanics?

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It's a mega though, and at that with stiff competition from M-Aggron. I don't see M-Mawile making its big debut in OU. (Sadly, since it's my favourite mega by far.)
While I do agree mega Mawile might not make it big in ou I fail to see how mega aggron of all things give it competition. Whatever boost in atk aggron receives will be inferior to mega mawiles, though it could work better as a phys wall with that monstrous def (but if you needed a phys wall skarm is there) so mehs. I see mega Mawile being better than mega zard and vena at the very least.

I've been having success in the gen 6 custom battles using calm mind Aromatisse (Yes, you read that right). Even though it has low speed and defense, it is actually pretty bulky specially with 100/90 bulk along with nice pure fairy typing. I've been doing 252 hp and Spd and it really does a good job at walling stuff. Also, it has base 95 Spa which is actually pretty decent especially after 1 or 2 calm mind boosts. Overall, I really think that Aromatisse could actually be pretty decent but it will be overlooked for sure :(

While I do agree mega Mawile might not make it big in ou I fail to see how mega aggron of all things give it competition. Whatever boost in atk aggron receives will be inferior to mega mawiles, though it could work better as a phys wall with that monstrous def (but if you needed a phys wall skarm is there) so mehs. I see mega Mawile being better than mega zard and vena at the very least.
Um you do realize with drought charizard y with a stab fire blast in the sun can easily ohko it?

I think Mawile has a good chance at making it to OU great typing with Huge Power and Intimidate seems pretty solid.

As long as Stealth Rocks and lead in Tyranitar is a thing Charizard Y seems like it's gonna struggle due to weather nerf.

Haruno

Um you do realize with drought charizard y with a stab fire blast in the sun can easily ohko it?
After sr it's ohko'd by sucker punch. So I don't see the relevance.

I merely mentioned zard and vena since those were the two most unjustified yet overhyped mega mons and how I believe Mawile surpasses them both.

After sr it's ohko'd by sucker punch. So I don't see the relevance.

I merely mentioned zard and vena since those were the two most unjustified yet overhyped mega mons and how I believe Mawile surpasses them both.
M Venusaur would have been decent if the weather nerfs didn't come because the turn that Mega is used the speed for that turn is calculated with the speed prior to the transform meaning it would use the Chlorophyll boosted speed for that turn.

Haruno

M Venusaur would have been decent if the weather nerfs didn't come because the turn that Mega is used the speed for that turn is calculated with the speed prior to the transform meaning it would use the Chlorophyll boosted speed for that turn.
What can vena do in that one turn that has lasting impact? It can't set hazards, it can't dent much, I guess it could use growth but slow + sweeper don't mix and this is all assuming sun is up. So even in that one turn of boosted speed, it isn't accomplishing much.

I don't think Mega-evos should be there as separate pokemon, because the mechanics dictate that we evolve them in-battle.

Charizard X is doing a lot more work than I thought it would. At 100 base speed is it worth a jolly nature? Adamant seems better ATM. Currently using; SD, Dragon Claw, EQ, Flare Blitz. What do you guys think?

Charizard X is doing a lot more work than I thought it would. At 100 base speed is it worth a jolly nature? Adamant seems better ATM. Currently using; SD, Dragon Claw, EQ, Flare Blitz. What do you guys think?
Why not Dragon-Dance? This way it makes more sense to run Adamant.

Why not Dragon-Dance? This way it makes more sense to run Adamant.
Yeah just at this point in the games lifespan I can't be bothered to dive into breeding that much. Just going to wait untill I can get my mons from Gen 5. Then I could really experiment. But you're right, I did want to go with DD in the first place but again he is 2 points slower than Chomp with a scarf anyway. So is it worth it? SD flare blitz is insane pressure.

Well if you don't really feel like breeding then Swords Dance is fine, but even if Chomp is faster by two points with a Scarf, the fact that Charizard also gets an attack boost and the ability to switch between attacks makes up for it. With Stealth Rocks damage, Charizard will find itself being easily revenge killed by faster threats such as Keldeo and Terrakion, Chomp, Mence, Lati@s, Starmie, and so on. With Dragon Dance, you outspeed these threats assuming they're not scarfed. It has so much more sweeping potential, and a Pokemon that's used to put pressure on opposing teams, will find itself switching a lot, which Charizard does not want to do since it has a heavy SR weakness.

No you're right 100% just right now I don't have it in me to breed between different mons until bank arrives. Then I can simply use my DD lapras to pass it down. IF I even continue to use him. But as of right now I'm wondering if Adamant is the nature for zardx.

Well from a competitive stand point, I would suggest running Jolly with Swords Dance, if you're worried about Hydregion, Kyurem, Lucario, and those other base 90's. But other than those few, there's no reason not to run Adamant. So if your main goal is to put pressure on the opposing team, then I would suggest Adamant. Besides there are so many other Pokemon that can revenge kill Zard without the speed boost, that adding a few more isn't really a problem.

Fell Stinger (Bug type 30 BP move, that raises Attack sharply if the move KOes the target) is interesting. Even threatening if Scizor learns it. Or maybe Bug Gem Fell Stinger could be a thing.

Fell Stinger seems like an interesting concept, being Moxie in move form, but needs some serious buffs to be viable. Either a power increase (to at least 50/60), or even priority.

Fell Stinger seems like an interesting concept, being Moxie in move form, but needs some serious buffs to be viable. Either a power increase (to at least 50/60), or even priority.
Nope, not like Moxie. Bug type 30 BP move, that raises Attack sharply if the move KOes the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)