List of Released Dream World Pokemon Mark II

Larvitar doesn't get Superpower from the tutors though, so either they would need to give it the move as a special case or we'll have to find a pre-evolved Ttar in Dreamworld.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Larvitar DOES get Superpower from the move tutors.

Also, I know that expecting the pinch berries is optomistic given they've historically been hard to come by. I can always hope though. It is annoying how the opponents in the subway can use them but I can't.

He was referring to PT/HG/SS and Larvitar does learn Superpower via move tutors.

Anyway I kinda do hope that the pinch berries are in Rugged Mountain and that they be finally released for B/W users. Gamefreak need to stop being so stingy about them....that and a few other things.

It's their method of trying to prolong their game as much as possible, clearly. Part of why I'm surprised we're getting a new area so soon.

It's their method of trying to prolong their game as much as possible, clearly. Part of why I'm surprised we're getting a new area so soon.
It is probably related to them being set back in releases from the Earthquake/Tsunami months back, and they're now trying to catch up to where they wanted to be at this point.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
For those in Europe, the Poison Jab Croagunk AND the Croagunk C-gear skin is being given away.

Passwords:

Croagunk: CROACNintendoOfficial
C-Gear skin: CRONintendoOfficial

German Passwords:

Croagunk: CROACNZONE
C-Gear skin: CRONZONE

Protip: the croagunk did turn out to be male so it is completely useless.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
It's not all that impressive in DW outside of a dedicated lead. I've seen leads like Skarmory using it to get SR & Spikes up by turn 2 up to sweep with CopyRoar Riolu turn 3. It's not game breaking but it's a cute alternative to Deoxys-S.

I've seen a few Endure Destiny Bond Pokemon like Gallade abusing it as well. Endure is always a dead giveaway though. Aside from that, the only other Pokemon I see running it are Aggron & Wobbuffet.

Custap+Sturdy is going to be very interesting when it's released (too bad Explosion's been nerfed this gen).
You could use gravity instead of explosion to setup for a sweeper or poke that has focus blast, thunder, fire blast, blizzard, etc.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
The only four Pokemon that can utilize Sturdy + Gravity are Magnezone, Probopass, Gigalith, and Forretress. Not sure how effective these Pokemon could be outside of Gigalith going for the Explosion after setting up Gravity (in Doubles).

Magnezone clearly needs Magnet Pull to do anything, Forretress has better things to do than Gravity. I suppose we can use Probopass or Gigalith...

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
If you have Steel-types already taken care of, Magnezone doesn't really need anything. It's like the one Sturdy Pokemon that can use Special Attacks. And to add to that, it's the only one that's even moderately intimidating with Zap Cannon or Thunder. Probo has Zap Cannon too but it's not scaring anyone or anything with 75 Base Sp.Attack. Sturdy Mag's got me a few times admittedly. "Ol' +2 Gyarados' gonna roll over your entire te-MOTHER F-*Thunderbolt*" Fun times.

Mew's always the best abuser of Gravity & low Acc moves since it has ALL of them. It even gets Zap Cannon (Gravity Cannon sounds more badass) from 3rd Gen Tutors. The only low accuracy move it doesn't have is Inferno.

Anyway, PGL's going down for maintenance in 2 hours. Today is gonna be a long day, but get hype.

Not so huge news. You can still read this if you want. :(

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2011/11/111111_p02.html

I became aware of this through the german Pokémon-website Pokefans.net,
here's their article about it:

http://pokefans.net/news/734/events/pokemon-center-japan

Since it's in german, I'll translate the most important part for you:

Außerdem wird bis zum 18. Dezember ein Serpifeu für die Editionen Schwarz und Weiß in diesen Pokémon-Centern verteilt. Dieses ist auf Level 5 und beherrscht die Attacken Wachstum, Synthese, Energieball und Aromakur. Des Weiteren trägt es ein Wunschband und das Item Muskelband.
Translation:

"Further, until the 18th of December, players can obtain a Snivy at the Pokémon centers in Japan
(Tōhoku region appearently opens a new one). The Snivy is at Lv. 5 and knows the moves Growth,
Energy Ball, Synthesis and Aromatherapy. It has a 'Wish Ribbon' attached and comes with the
item Muscle Band."

edit: doesn't have Contrary. Damn.

HUGE NEWS!! READ THIS (if you can)!

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2011/11/111111_p02.html

I became aware of this through the german Pokémon-website Pokefans.net,
here's their article about it:

http://pokefans.net/news/734/events/pokemon-center-japan

Since it's in german, I'll translate the most important part for you:

Translation:

"Further, until the 18th of December, players can obtain a Snivy at the Pokémon centers in Japan
(Tōhoku region appearently opens a new one). The Snivy is at Lv. 5 and knows the moves Growth,
Energy Ball, Synthesis and Aromatherapy. It has a 'Wish Ribbon' attached and comes with the
item Muscle Band."

Important: I do not know whether the Snivy has the ability Contrary or not, since Pokefans.net
didn't give any info on this, but I'm 95% sure it's male, since you can see the ♂ - sign on the
japanese page. Let's hope for the best!
Serebii reported that on GameFAQs about a week ago. It does not have Contrary.

Here.

Well, I don't check gamefaq's, and Bulbapedia and Serebii.net didn't mention it, so I thought I found something completely new... the shame. :(

Well, the rankings for the Vote to Befriend a Pokémon event have been updated. You're gonna have to see this for yourself to believe it.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/vote/#/ranking

The top ten are as follows.

1: Arceus (DAMN IT!)
2: Ditto
3: Mew
4: Deoxys
5: Darkrai
6: Magikarp (I am not kidding)
7: Celebi
8: Rayquaza
9: Pikachu
10: Mudkip (I herd u liek them, but this is ridiculous!)

damn, the army of the Megatron Llama is strong. and Our Ditto cult apparently led to the creation of the Magikarp cult? WHAT HAVE WE DONE????

damn, the army of the Megatron Llama is strong. and Our Ditto cult apparently led to the creation of the Magikarp cult? WHAT HAVE WE DONE????
It's not what we've done, it's what we've not done; we have neglected to devote enough time and energy to voting Ditto continually. I'm stepping up my game as I type this. I'm submitting vote after vote after vote for Ditto, and anyone who wants something good to win should do the same.

So... who's voting for Magikarp? Did someone make a thread for it on 4chan or something?
Yes, yes they did.

Lugia in 14th place now, Ho-oh in 22nd and Zapdos in 23rd, *sigh* I was really hoping atleast 1 of them would make it to the top 10 so I would have something to vote for that wasn't an annoying blob.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
I'll start worrying about Ditto after Rugged Mountain is released tonight.

The maintenance message says 9 PM now even though it was 8 PM originally, but they did the same thing with Spooky Manor and that was up at 8. It's just to give themselves some extra time if needed, so we should all have our boots on at 8 EDT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)