Walrus LightWalr's Lupus (A Walrus Production) - Won by RODAN

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
17th place, earning 4.5 points: Lord Gaius

Everywhere - CRANES
4.5/10

You really shouldn't have done did that submission change. Initially I was really off put by the vocals. Sleeping on it I have come to appreciate the feel they give to the song, but it's even then not my cup of tea, an outright creepy or unsettling song rather than this which felt like it beat around that bush without committing.

LightWolf

lightwoof
10th place, earning 6.7 points: Knights

Red Barchetta - Rush
6.7/10

Opposite of the previous one. While at the start it does a nice job of telling a story with the lyrics, but past that catching the lyrics becomes hard while listening to this quite the banger of a song. Would have done better outside this cat, while here it doesn't catfail by technicality.

LightWolf

lightwoof
9th place, earning 6.8 points: vonFiedler

Bergentrückung - Toby "Don't Call Me Radiation" "Radiation" Fox
6.8/10

Ignoring my problems with the game, the soundtrack is obviously great. This is not really my favourite piece though. Originally was gonna score lower, but the 2:10 bit convinced me otherwise.

LightWolf

lightwoof
8th place, earning 6.9 points: RODAN

Subways - The Avalanches
6.9/10

Train Station, meet Subways. I did say I will like aberrant stuff. What can I say I love the funkiness. Also no idea since I didn't watch the video, but the applause at the end perfectly caps of my imagined scenario.

LightWolf

lightwoof
7th place, earning 7.1 points: bluedoom

Awakening - Ghost Trick OST by Masakazu Sugimori
7.1/10

Must've been unconscious for a while... When I came to, there was a woman standing there. A woman I don't know. At least... I don't think I know her. And then there was a man with a gun. I don't know him, either... Well, probably not anyway. As for me... I'm already dead.

LightWolf

lightwoof
5th place, earning 7.5 points: P2X7

A Hero's Song - Antonin Dvorák
7.5/10

The greatest praise you can give a 20 min song is when you never want to skip it and only end up doing so because you running out of time and have to judge 18 other songs. Pretty much the perfect orchestral piece for the cat, I'm hard pressed to think of hearing anything better suited for imagination and shit.

LightWolf

lightwoof
Congratulations to myzozoa for winning Category 1, Synesthesia!

Current standings:

Reminder there are no podium points, merely honoring the top scorers.

Category 2, Get That Weeb Shit Out Of Here, will be revealed on Sunday August 27th, at 7 PM CDT.

LightWolf

lightwoof
19th place, earning 2.9 points: Granny Pie

Giggle at the Ghosties - MLP
2.9/10

Like I'm not trying to shit on pone stuff over and over, but why oh why send the first song, that has probably only turned away less potential watchers than the opening theme. Choosing an Andrea Libman sung one was probably leading to this one's downfall too, what with the autotune. They were so many potentially cat winning choices too...

LightWolf

lightwoof
18th place, earning 4.5 points: Blazade

You'll be in my Heart - Phil Collins
4.5/10

So about most Disney songs... I loved the movies as a kid, and watched them each p much as they came out. This led to essentially and overdose on "standard" Disney musical numbers, which essentially led me to just think of them as meh. This one kinda just bores me...

LightWolf

lightwoof
17th place, earning 5.0 points: Hitmonleet

How Far I'll Go - Moana
5.0/10

Same verse as the last. Modern Disney p much keeps it up, but at least this one reached average to me. Probably mostly the overuse of the word island reminding me of "nothing rhyming with canyon". Just be thankful no one submitted anything from Frozen, Also friendly reminder this does not at all mean I dislike any specific Disney Movies.

LightWolf

lightwoof
14th place, earning 5.7 points: shubaka

Peace Excerpt - Avatar: The Last Airbender
5.7/10

Was gonna be lower, but the ending notes clinched it this spot. ATLA has so many nice instrumentals, this just isn't one of the more outstanding ones. It doesn't even manage to evoke nostlagia even though I love the series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)